Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone who states such things. Unreasonable, not logical and Jesus was stated as the Firstborn of all creation.
If you state to me coeternal, coequal in regard to Jesus how do you state to me He became the Son?
Here's an explanation that I really like:

To our JW visitors.
If you read and accepted it you have judged correctly.
You shall have no other gods before a me.

4“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments

However it is also written.
Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work

Jesus and the Father are one: In Christ the Father is glorified and the Father though a jealous God would not be jealous of Himself.
Just as it is stated for those in Christ.
2 Tim 2:13
if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself
JWs believe Jesus did not exist before He was born. To the JW Jesus is a "real" Son to God, albeit divine.
This is incorrect....which is why they can't be called Christian, although they do believe that they are.

OK on the spirit.

Two clarificaations:

1. What do you mean by THE ONLY BEGOTTEN GOD? highlighted by me.
2. What do you mean by THE SON HAS A PLACE ON THE FATHER'S THRONE? highlighted
Is this the ONLY reason He is the Son, or are you referring to the fact that Jesus returned to sit at the Father's right hand?
The only begotten God speaks to variances found in manuscript's. Some have only begotten Son. I don't know what John actually wrote but the meaning in my mind is the same. Like to like offspring of the Father would be a Son and God yet another God wasn't formed as the fullness was gifted Col 1:19 In that Jesus is the first and last. "only" begotten So He is not a angel He is the "Son"
I tell you what I read, Rev 3:21. It speaks to authority.
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

It is stated Jesus is eternally begotten. Always has been the Son but not made.

JWs believe Jesus did not exist before He was born. To the JW Jesus is a "real" Son to God, albeit divine.
This is incorrect....which is why they can't be called Christian, although they do believe that they are.
No I think they believe He is the arch angel Michael.

The only begotten God speaks to variances found in manuscript's. Some have only begotten Son. I don't know what John actually wrote but the meaning in my mind is the same. Like to like offspring of the Father would be a Son and God yet another God wasn't formed as the fullness was gifted Col 1:19 In that Jesus is the first and last. "only" begotten So He is not a angel He is the "Son"
I tell you what I read, Rev 3:21. It speaks to authority.
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

It is stated Jesus is eternally begotten. Always has been the Son but not made.
I like your last sentence.
The rest could be interpreted in different ways.
This is why it's so difficult to discuss the Trinity and I tend to stay away.
You and I are probably saying the same thing but using different language.

OK re Rev 3. Agreed that Jesus sits on the throne but this is NOT the ONLY reason He is "the Son".

Let me ask you this:

In your mind are the following the same "person"?
JESUS
THE 2ND PERSON OF THE TRINITY
THE SON
THE WORD
THE LOGOS

No I think they believe He is the arch angel Michael.
You'll have to get up to date!

They USED to believe He was the angel Michael.
TODAY they'll tell you Jesus IS THE SON OF GOD.
Yes. Check it out.
I have a couple that is married, both JWs and are friends.
They'll tell you Jesus is the Son....but the BORN SON of God.
He is still divine...but He didn't always exist.
He was born as Jesus, 2,000 years ago.

How is it 3 separate persons???!!!

I'm ONE PERSON, ONE FLESH....

I'm a MOTHER
a SISTER
a WIFE
an AUNT
a COUSIN

I'm still only ONE PERSON!!!

Are you sure you're a trinitarian???
Honestly asking.
Not Oneness or JW?
Sorry if I ask.
I believe in One God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in the same way I believe you are wife, daughter, aunt, cousin etc. I am not oneness or JW.

I am smiling to myself now, because you have inadvertently got it correct when you say you are ONE person who is mother, sister, wife, aunt and cousin. I cannot imagine anybody thinking you are several people or persons. How many hats do you wear when you go out of the house? :) Only one, because there is only one of you despite your many titles. Has it ever occurred to you that those six titles, we use to describe the relationship we have with our family, describe the relationship we have with our Heavenly Father?

Last edited:
I believe in One God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in the same way I believe you are wife, daughter, aunt, cousin etc. I am not oneness or JW.

I am smiling to myself now, because you have inadvertently got it correct when you say you are ONE person who is mother, sister, wife, aunt and cousin. I cannot imagine anybody thinking you are several people or persons. How many hats do you wear when you go out of the house? :) Only one, because there is only one of you despite your many titles. Has it ever occurred to you that those six titles, we use to describe the relationship we have with our family, describe the relationship we have with our Heavenly Father?
Did you see my post 1681?
The speaker explains the difference between A BEING
and A PERSON.

It's very good.

Did you see my post 1681?
The speaker explains the difference between A BEING
and A PERSON.

It's very good.
He illustrates the Trinity with a bunch of grapes, saying it is one bunch but many grapes. I have used a similar analogy myself by talking about a three-legged stool. One stool with three legs. But what is the relationship?

Better in my view is to speak of our own father, who gave us life, (Creator) dwells with us (Father) and comforts us in times of trouble. (Spirit) While being One.

Last edited:
He illustrates the Trinity with a bunch of grapes, saying it is one bunch but many grapes. I have used a similar analogy myself by talking about a three-legged stool. One stool with three legs. But what is the relationship?

Better in my view is to speak of our own father, who gave us life, (Creator) dwells with us (Father) and comforts us in times of trouble. (Spirit) While being One.
Where's God's Word/Logos in the above?

Otherwise, it's fine.

How is it 3 separate persons???!!!
I'm ONE PERSON, ONE FLESH....
I'm a MOTHER
a SISTER
a WIFE
an AUNT
a COUSIN

I'm still only ONE PERSON!!!
If I did what Trinitarians do, I would draw a circle around Wondering the mother, sister, wife, aunt, and cousin, and say "The mother is not the sister, the sister is not the wife, the wife is not the aunt, and the aunt is not the cousin."

However we know otherwise. We know Wandering is all of those, because she is One person.

Last edited:

You believe that God is one person who has three different roles. Your definition is 100% a Oneness definition.

He wasn't illustrating the Trinity, but defining the Hebrew word 'echad, although he wasn't quite right. I have given the definition of 'echad several times in this thread and the Oneness thread, and shown how it differs from yachid. Where Nabeel was wrong, is that 'echad doesn't automatically mean a compound unity--one bunch of grapes--but it can be a compound unity; it is the equivalent of the English word "one." What it never refers to is an absolute unity (the Oneness idea of God being only one person), that is what yachid means, and yachid is never used of God in the Bible. Ever.

Again, that is Oneness.

You believe that God is one person who has three different roles. Your definition is 100% a Oneness definition.
Wrong. I believe in One God. Trinitarians believe in three gods. The Father is NOT the Son, the Holy Spirit is NOT... etc etc. yet all are god..

Wrong. I believe in One God. Trinitarians believe in three gods. The Father is NOT the Son, the Holy Spirit is NOT... etc etc. .
I am quite right. I said nothing about trinitarianism or three gods or anything about "not." And you continue to purposely misrepresent trinitarianism--monotheism is one of its foundations, as I have stated repeatedly.

Again, you stated:

"I believe in One God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in the same way I believe you are wife, daughter, aunt, cousin etc.

I am smiling to myself now, because you have inadvertently got it correct when you say you are ONE person who is mother, sister, wife, aunt and cousin."

That is precisely the Oneness (and Modalism) definition of God. Here is from a site I just found by doing a quick search:

"Oneness (O) believers and Trinitarians (T) differ in that 1. T believe that the one God consists of three eternal persons while O believes that the one God is one person; 2. T believe that the second person of the Trinity became incarnated while O believes that the Father, who is one person, became incarnated as the Son of God; 3. T believe that the Son is eternal while O believes that the Son did not exist until the incarnation, because the term refers to God as He exists as a man, and not as He exists in His essential deity; 4. T sees the Biblical distinctions between the Father and the Son to be a distinction in both personality and flesh while O believes that all distinctions are a result of the relationship of the Spirit of God to the incarnate God-man."

https://www.onenesspentecostal.com/trinoneness.htm

Also:

"For many who hold to “Oneness doctrine,” Jesus is the primary manifestation of God. Jesus is the Father and the Holy Spirit."

https://www.gotquestions.org/oneness-doctrine.html

I am quite right. I said nothing about trinitarianism or three gods or anything about "not." And you continue to purposely misrepresent trinitarianism--monotheism is one of its foundations, as I have stated repeatedly.

Again, you stated:

"I believe in One God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in the same way I believe you are wife, daughter, aunt, cousin etc.

I am smiling to myself now, because you have inadvertently got it correct when you say you are ONE person who is mother, sister, wife, aunt and cousin."

That is precisely the Oneness (and Modalism) definition of God. Here is from a site I just found by doing a quick search:

"Oneness (O) believers and Trinitarians (T) differ in that 1. T believe that the one God consists of three eternal persons while O believes that the one God is one person; 2. T believe that the second person of the Trinity became incarnated while O believes that the Father, who is one person, became incarnated as the Son of God; 3. T believe that the Son is eternal while O believes that the Son did not exist until the incarnation, because the term refers to God as He exists as a man, and not as He exists in His essential deity; 4. T sees the Biblical distinctions between the Father and the Son to be a distinction in both personality and flesh while O believes that all distinctions are a result of the relationship of the Spirit of God to the incarnate God-man."

https://www.onenesspentecostal.com/trinoneness.htm

Also:

"For many who hold to “Oneness doctrine,” Jesus is the primary manifestation of God. Jesus is the Father and the Holy Spirit."

https://www.gotquestions.org/oneness-doctrine.html
whatever.

If I did what Trinitarians do, I would draw a circle around Wondering the mother, sister, wife, aunt, and cousin, and say "The mother is not the sister, the sister is not the wife, the wife is not the aunt, and the aunt is not the cousin."

However we know otherwise. We know Wandering is all of those, because she is One person.
I'm ONE BEING
but different PERSONS.

I'm not the cousin of my husband.
I'm not the wife of my sister.
I'm not the mother of my niece....

Please see post 1681 and watch the video.
It has a good explanation of what a person is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back