Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

To those who pray to Mary...

Does Mary answer you when you pray to her?

• Yes (please tell me what she says to you)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't pray to Mary

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Orthodox Christian said:
If Avraham is my father, Mary is my mother
Gal 3:17
I looked up that Scripture:

Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.

I don't get it?? :-?

Gal 3:7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.

How does this mean that Mary is our mother? I'm not trying to be persnickity, I'm honestly asking you for clarification.

Heidi, I was not saying your view of happiness was incorrect. I was simply remebering how much I love Nichomacean Ethics (Aristotle), in the book he deals with happiness. Thats all, I didn't even quote you.
Most pagans worship made up people. you may want to be careful of what you say or at lest how you say it, you will know one day what I mean.

Eve is the mother of the human race and Adam is the father of the human race. Please bear with me since I am not a proffesional apologist. Jesus is the new Adam, the first Man born/created without original sin. Well that leaves the question of who is the new Eve? Mary, she was the first woman born/created without original sin. Therefore she is the new Eve, or our new mother.

When Jesus was on the cross and He said "Woman behold your son," and "Son behold your mother," why would He do this? Why in this way? Why did He not say "John behold your mother" and "Mary behold your son?" Why? Was it because He was giving His mother tot he human race using the word son analogously? Did He really mean that He was giving His mother to all His Sons?
If Jesus had brothers why would He have done this? Would they have not taken care of her? In the Jewish world to be leaft a widow and without any sons meant that you were in trouble. There was no place for you to go, no way to get help. How did Jesus provide for His mother? He gave her to John and the human race to love and care for.

Remeber O most graciuos virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided, inspired by this confidence I fly unto you O virgin my mother, to you do I come before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful, O mother of the word incarnate, despise not my petition, but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Though Heidi ignored me for pointing out his ignorance, I might PM him this.

Again, Bill, you can take pride in anything you like. I do not. As I said before, I'm simply happy for those who are happy. So we can agree to disagree.

Here is your whole Quote... You offer this to God? Let's see... Bill is mentioned... is he God? You mention yourself... Are you? And then your associates... Are they all God as well?

You do not mention God once... You admit to being proud for those who are themselves... By your scripture quotes, you make yourself a hypocrit...

You then go back in LATER posts after I point this out and include "for God" and everything... This is what Heretics do...
Sorry that you blocked me though, So much for Love thy Enemy :angel:

Steve said:
God is my father
Mary is my Mother
Jesus is my brother

I come from a very religious family. :tongue

Make note of the subtly inferred hierarchy hidden within the above declaration. As it is evidence of the cancer.

First God, second Mary, third Jesus.

The Lord is right, they know not what they do.

In love,
cj

notapseudonym said:
Eve is the mother of the human race and Adam is the father of the human race. Please bear with me since I am not a proffesional apologist. Jesus is the new Adam, the first Man born/created without original sin. Well that leaves the question of who is the new Eve? Mary, she was the first woman born/created without original sin. Therefore she is the new Eve, or our new mother.

So what you're saying is that Jesus did not die for all, just for all other than Mary.

What you wrote above is nothing less than words straight from the mouth of Satan. Words that are absolutely anti-Christ.

You speak in abject ignorance. It is of Eve that God declared to the serpent,

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed; He will bruise you on the head, but you will bruise him on the heel."

Whose seed?

Mary's?

No........ Eve's seed.

You reference scripture having no knowlwdge of its truth, and thus are guilty of attempting to give dark counsel.

In love,
cj

Orthodox Christian said:

And now you add to the scriptures. Much like Satan would.

In love,
cj

whoa, before all the condemnations...

Eve's seed? Does Eve give birth to Jesus? No. Mary does. Genesis 3:15, the passage in question, is a prophetic text usually known as the "protoevangelium" ("first gospel") because it is a promise of salvation through Christ .. the seed of victory. God does not say "Eve" in the passage, He says "woman".. because the woman (Gal 4:4) who gives birth to the Seed of Victory is yet to come.

Jesus died for Mary too. Is she not of the race of Adam? Even though Mary was born without original sin does not exclude her from the need for a savior. Jesus came to redeem all, not just from sin original or actual, but He came alos to open the gates of Heaven. Mary needed Him so that she may enter Heaven upon her death. This is just one reason why she needed a savior.

CatholicXian said:
whoa, before all the condemnations...

Eve's seed? Does Eve give birth to Jesus? No. Mary does. Genesis 3:15, the passage in question, is a prophetic text usually known as the "protoevangelium" ("first gospel") because it is a promise of salvation through Christ .. the seed of victory. God does not say "Eve" in the passage, He says "woman".. because the woman (Gal 4:4) who gives birth to the Seed of Victory is yet to come.

Oh give us a break.....

Where did Mary come from, thin air?

Didn't Paul and the Holy Spirit know the name of "a woman" referred to in Galatians 4:4? Why not just say born of Mary The Sinless?

Where does scripture specify that the "woman" in Genesis 3 is different to the "woman" in Galatians?

It doesn't, for all women, including Mary, are out of Eve. That's "fallen" Eve.

In love,
cj

notapseudonym said:
Jesus died for Mary too. Is she not of the race of Adam? Even though Mary was born without original sin does not exclude her from the need for a savior. Jesus came to redeem all, not just from sin original or actual, but He came alos to open the gates of Heaven. Mary needed Him so that she may enter Heaven upon her death. This is just one reason why she needed a savior.

You'd be thrown out of the old RC meeting halls for saying what you did above.

You have tried to seperate Mary from a thing called original sin, so tell me, what is your take on this original sin, what is it?

In love,
cj

cj said:
Orthodox Christian said:

And now you add to the scriptures. Much like Satan would.
Says the Mother of Mercy, CJ
How do I add to the scriptures, so-called? By means of deductive logic.

Like this:
CJ said:
God has both a perfect will and a permissive will
Hello, Satan.

I guess, as they say, we'll see you in hell, CJ

/plonk

I just love your ministry of accusation, CJ. Reminds me of someone...who might that be???Hmm?
Might that be Satan
church_lady.jpg

I know the accuser of the brethren when I read him.

Again, what unity we would all have if we all believed Jesus's words that he is the only way to God and all of the rest of his words. There would be no loyalty to people over Christ, no hero worship, no disobeying his words, only honoring him.

There would be no gospels different than Paul's gospel to quarrel about, we would all simply believe the bible. But as Paul said in Timothy, "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." And the time came a long time ago when the Gnostics introduced unscriptural practices and beliefs, followed by the catholic church. And it's getting worse. I believe Jesus when he says we have one Father and one teacher and my only doctrine is the bible. And no one can sway me away from those, even though they try their hardest to that very thing.

There is no scriptural basis for praying to Mary or any person. There is no scriptural basis for saying Mary was a virgin all her life. Conjuring up stories like this is what the Gnostics did when they said that Jesus and mary magdalene were married. Again, the devil has a field day when people deviate from the bible. That is one of his biggest goals is to lead us away from God's word and into our imaginations. So you can count me out. :)

Heidi said:
Again, the devil has a field day when people deviate from the bible. That is one of his biggest goals is to lead us away from God's word and into our imaginations. So you can count me out. :)

And the devil has even more of a field day when people take the Bible and twist it's interpretation to fit their preconceived notions...kind of like Sunday worship and immortality of the soul.

Sorry, I believe Hebrews 4:1-9 word for word. You do not, guibox. Again, if you want to perform ungodly work all week long and only rest from it on one day, or rest from Godly work which Jesus tells us not to do, then be my guest. I prefer to perform Godly work all week long! I'm sorry for you that you do not. :sad

CatholicXian said:
This is getting old...

John 2:5 "do whatever He tells you" (referring to Jesus).

That, Gary, is what Mary says when one prays to her-- she points to Christ. Over and over and over and over again. That is her role.

EDITED to add:
I did not vote in your poll because I've no idea what you mean by "answer". Does she respond.. yes, with what I posted above. Does she "answer" prayers-- again, it depends on what you mean by "answer". All things are granted through God's grace.

So when Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit are you saying that is the Spirit of Mary? :o Where does Jesus say that? Paul said in 2 Co 13:5, "Do you not know that you have Christ Jesus living in you?" So why do you need to bypass Jesus in you to go to Mary to come back to Jesus? This is not only unscriptural and bizarre, but irrational as well. :roll:

Heidi said:
CatholicXian said:
This is getting old...

John 2:5 "do whatever He tells you" (referring to Jesus).

That, Gary, is what Mary says when one prays to her-- she points to Christ. Over and over and over and over again. That is her role.

EDITED to add:
I did not vote in your poll because I've no idea what you mean by "answer". Does she respond.. yes, with what I posted above. Does she "answer" prayers-- again, it depends on what you mean by "answer". All things are granted through God's grace.

So when Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit are you saying that is the Spirit of Mary? :o Where does Jesus say that? Paul said in 2 Co 11:5, "Do you not know that you have Christ Jesus living in you?" So why do you need to bypass Jesus in you to go to Mary to come back to Jesus? This is not only unscriptural and bizarre, but irrational as well. :roll:
First of all, I said NOTHING about the "spirit of Mary"-- this is of your own imagination, Heidi.

Secondly, you are PRESUMING that I "bypass" Christ in seeking the intercession of Mary. This is false, unfounded, and absurd. Mary is NOTHING without Christ. You can fantasize all day about Catholics worshipping Mary, but it is only your imagination that remains bizarre and irrational-- unwilling to see anything other than your own pushy and bitter opinion.

Lastly, don't put words in my mouth, and quit pretending to judge my soul. You're only wasting your typing effort.

You just contradicted yourself, catholicxian. You said that Mary points us to Christ. Now you're saying that she doesn't. So which is it? :o

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back