Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Trinity or just Father and Son?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Shock for a moment ! Surprised how close this comes to what is written.
But no cigar.
YHVH is Spirit. Not "a" spirit. Not "the" spirit. Simply (in reality, in the original, always) Spirit.

Jesus is echad (it is difficult to find a translation that translates echad correctly).

The Father is echad.

What does John 18 Jesus Say ? Father, I pray the disciple you have given me be echad with you and with me.

Surprised ? Oughta Be! One with The Father. One with the Son. Echad. All the disciples in Jesus.
Jesus isn't the Holy Spirit. The Father is holy and Spirit. The Holy Spirit is another name for the Father.

As demonstrated, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not the same person considering the standard for forgiveness in association with them is different.

Matt 12​
32Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come.​

Jesus said no one knows the Father and Son and vice versa because the Holy Spirit isn't a different person. The Holy Spirit is the Father.

Matt 11​
27All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.​

footnote to research when /if / there's time.

The Creator has no parts. As if something here, something there, this connected to that. No.
No parts.
(other perspectives might not be entirely wrong, and that's okay too)
You sure about that? Paul said God has a Spirit and a mind in the same way people do. Those would be parts of the whole.

God also has a soul. Yet you don't turn the soul of God into a 4th member of the Godhead, do you? (Leviticus 26:11)

1 Corinthians 2
11For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him? So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

Yes, Jesus’s words are essential, but he says far more than what you have given, including making claims about himself. He said that one must believe in him to be saved, which means not only in his work, but in who he says he is. If we get Jesus wrong, we don’t get him or the Father and are not saved.
I agree with you, everything Jesus says is essential. "observe all"
teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” --Matthew 28:20

Why are religions not teaching the above command to all the nations like Jesus said? 🙂

Why are religions not teaching the above command to all the nations like Jesus said?
Jesus never expected mankind, the public, or the religions or the nations to obey God.

The disciples who hear Jesus' Voice do as Jesus Says, and follow Him wherever He goes. We will not follow another voice - rather we run from other voices. (avoid them)

Absolutely. Immediately after this, you assigned to Paul things Paul nor Jesus nor God ever said .
Paul wrote 1 Corinthians via divine inspiration. Peter wrote that he considers Paul’s letters holy writ, the same as Scripture.

Do you reject Paul’s writings?

I reject your writings, so far. As others noted likewise, you <apparently> rejected the Bible to post your own ideas. on and on and on, repeatedly, after many warnings.

Isaiah 28:11 kjv
11. For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

I could have posted more verses, but those who want to hear will read the whole chapter.

IMHO

Hebrew speaks till John the Baptist.
Isaiah 28:12 kjv

Suddenly another language appears.
Spoken by Jewish persons to Jewish persons. Just to fulfill the words spoken by Isaiah.
Isaiah 28:12 kjv
12. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewithye may cause the weary to rest; and this isthe refreshing: yet they would not hear.

There was a 400 year period of silence, and then a new language. The Ezekiel dispersion (of those who sighed over the sins of Israel) were hearing other languages.
But
Greek suddenly appeared with the kingdom message. The law was taught from Moses to John the Baptist, but then the Kingfom was taught.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I agree with you, everything Jesus says is essential. "observe all"
teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” --Matthew 28:20

Why are religions not teaching the above command to all the nations like Jesus said? 🙂
As we do what we are supposed to do:
We are rejected
We go through trials
We have to die to self

Many are not into that lifestyle. You just realize the downsides and press forward to the prise of the high calling. Give God the praise for working in you.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I reject your writings, so far. As others noted likewise, you <apparently> rejected the Bible to post your own ideas. on and on and on, repeatedly, after many warnings.
1 Corinthians 2:11 isn't my writing. It's from a book we call the Bible and it's written my Paul. It shows that God has parts. There is even a verse that says God has a back part. I've never rejected the Bible. No one has warned me about anything. What are you referring to?

Back