Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

understanding 666

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The whore is 'that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth' and she sits 'upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns'.

It is 'the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns' which at the time of John 'was, and is not; and shall ascend' and 'the seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.'

It is the beast that has 'seven heads' which are 'seven mountains', and the beast that has ten horns 'which thou sawest are ten kings' and the ten kings that 'receive power as kings one hour with the beast'. (all quotes from Rev 17)

If there is a reference anywhere in scripture which refers to 10 mountains being relevant to the beast please provide it.

For the truth about the mountains (or hills) God provides this through Daniel;

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, [but] it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream [is] certain, and the interpretation thereof sure. Dan 2:44-45

The stone spoken of is Jesus, the corner stone - the stone was cut from a mountain. The mountains spoken of in Revelation are not physical mountains.

'Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.' Rev 18:4 is calling God's people out of Babylon, Babylon is not the beast but the whore that sits on the beast.

The thing that hath been, it [is that] which shall be; and that which is done [is] that which shall be done: and [there is] no new [thing] under the sun. Ecc 1:9

There is nothing new under the sun - Jesus came to free the congregation of God from the Pharisees who prevented them in their relationship with God by burdening them with the traditions of men. Now God's congregation is called out to free themselves (because they are in Jesus and he in them) again because the leaders of the churches are teaching traditions of men rather than the gospel of the kingdom of God. False religion in the form of man's tradition is burdening the Bride of Christ which is made up of people. The true church of God is built of people not bricks and mortar and is not confined to any specific building all being part of the temple of God. There are many of God's congregation confined in apostate churches and God does not want them to suffer His wrath which is coming upon Babylon so they are warned before time, God is calling them out.

This thread has mixed up the whore of Babylon and her harlot daughters with the beast. The beast will be the instrument of God's wrath upon Babylon and God fully intends to destroy Babylon with violence.

And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast [it] into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. Rev 18:21

Babylon is called 'that great city' because it 'represents' God's heavenly city here on earth and because He has made it great for His purpose.

If Babylon, the mother of harlots is Jerusalem then all Christians need to do is get out of Israel (which would include the harlot daughters) before it is destroyed, sounds easy then because the majority of us are already out.

But if Babylon is the apostate church then Christians need to remove themselves before the beast is receives it's image and voice and destroys what it perceives represents God's heavenly city here on earth.

It is 'the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns' which at the time of John 'was, and is not; and shall ascend' and 'the seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.'

It is the beast that has 'seven heads' which are 'seven mountains', and the beast that has ten horns 'which thou sawest are ten kings' and the ten kings that 'receive power as kings one hour with the beast'. (all quotes from Rev 17)
I guess you're purposely ignore the fact that the 4th/5th beast kingdom in Daniel is the beast rising up out of the water having the 7 heads, 10 horns, and 10 crowns.

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it [was] diverse from all the beasts that [were] before it; and it had ten horns.
Dan 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [were] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it [was] diverse from all the beasts that [were] before it; and it had ten horns.
The 11th horn is Daniel's 5th beast kingdom and Revelation's 2nd beast that plucks up or comes up among the 3 horns in Daniel's 4th beast kingdom.

Reba's
If there is a reference anywhere in scripture which refers to 10 mountains being relevant to the beast please provide it.

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, [but] it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream [is] certain, and the interpretation thereof sure. Dan 2:44-45

The stone spoken of is Jesus, the corner stone - the stone was cut from a mountain. The mountains spoken of in Revelation are not physical mountains.
Which is the continuation of the verses I quoted, the beginning of Revelation when Christ is brought before the throne.
Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.
Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
Dan 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld [even] till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, [one] like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

Reba's
'Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.' Rev 18:4 is calling God's people out of Babylon, Babylon is not the beast but the whore that sits on the beast.
And I suppose when quoting where the two witnesses were killed, referred to as spiritually "Sodom and Egypt", would equate to Babylon also.

Reba's
There is nothing new under the sun - Jesus came to free the congregation of God from the Pharisees who prevented them in their relationship with God by burdening them with the traditions of men. Now God's congregation is called out to free themselves (because they are in Jesus and he in them) again because the leaders of the churches are teaching traditions of men rather than the gospel of the kingdom of God. False religion in the form of man's tradition is burdening the Bride of Christ which is made up of people. The true church of God is built of people not bricks and mortar and is not confined to any specific building all being part of the temple of God. There are many of God's congregation confined in apostate churches and God does not want them to suffer His wrath which is coming upon Babylon so they are warned before time, God is calling them out.
The Pharisees or the Romans?

Reba's
This thread has mixed up the whore of Babylon and her harlot daughters with the beast. The beast will be the instrument of God's wrath upon Babylon and God fully intends to destroy Babylon with violence.

And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast [it] into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. Rev 18:21

Babylon is called 'that great city' because it 'represents' God's heavenly city here on earth and because He has made it great for His purpose.

If Babylon, the mother of harlots is Jerusalem then all Christians need to do is get out of Israel (which would include the harlot daughters) before it is destroyed, sounds easy then because the majority of us are already out.

But if Babylon is the apostate church then Christians need to remove themselves before the beast is receives it's image and voice and destroys what it perceives represents God's heavenly city here on earth.
It's amazing how you can quote scriptures that speak of Babylon after the fall of physical Babylon but can't connect Revelation's 1st and 2nd beast to Daniel's 4th and 5th beast. You would rather search and find one fabricated story of Jerusalem having seven hills and conclude that this is the city Revelation is referring to. What about the 7 and 10 kings? There's no gap between the beast kingdoms the same way there's no gap in the image in Nebuchadnezzar's dream.

Presepts,, I am lost why is my name on those quotes?

I think maybe you have me confused wiht some one else ..

Last edited by a moderator:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Enveida

I guess you're purposely ignore the fact that the 4th/5th beast kingdom in Daniel is the beast rising up out of the water having the 7 heads, 10 horns, and 10 crowns.​
I do not believe the beast of the sea is the kingdom described as the iron legs of the image in Nebuchadnezzar's dream if that's what you are saying.

Reba's

Which is the continuation of the verses I quoted, the beginning of Revelation when Christ is brought before the throne.

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.
Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
Dan 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld [even] till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, [one] like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

The original quote here was not Reba's but mine and you haven't quoted any verses previous to this post in this thread.

Reba's

And I suppose when quoting where the two witnesses were killed, referred to as spiritually "Sodom and Egypt", would equate to Babylon also.

Again not Reba's quote but mine and I have not stated that Jerusalem is the whore I have said 'if' she is the whore.

Reba's

The Pharisees or the Romans?

The wages of sin, so that would be the hindering influence of both now (Rome and Pharisees in the symbolic sense), the hindering influence of the Pharisees then...

Reba's

It's amazing how you can quote scriptures that speak of Babylon after the fall of physical Babylon but can't connect Revelation's 1st and 2nd beast to Daniel's 4th and 5th beast. You would rather search and find one fabricated story of Jerusalem having seven hills and conclude that this is the city Revelation is referring to. What about the 7 and 10 kings? There's no gap between the beast kingdoms the same way there's no gap in the image in Nebuchadnezzar's dream.

I have not fabricated any story about Jerusalem having seven hills and I think you are confused about my post and Reba's posts.

In Nebuchadnezzar's dream it is generally accepted that;
The gold head represented Babylon (but not representative of the whore of Babylon which still exists and is not a beast)
The silver breast and arms represented Medo-Persia
The copper belly and thighs represented Greece
The iron legs represented Rome

Based on this the feet partly of iron and partly of molded clay represents a kingdom made up of two halves - one provides the principles of Rome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rome was a city that sat on seven hills and the beast was the governmental power and authority. Rome was an actual city that was being carried and maintained by the power of the Roman Empire and the city itself ruled over the other kings at that time. The seven heads not only meant seven mountains but also seven kings. Five had already fallen and one was and the other was yet to come. Possibly Julius was the first king and possibly the king that "was" could be Nero. I realize that Nero was suppose to have died but there was a rumor that he was not really dead.

Possibly Julius was the first king and possibly the king that "was" could be Nero. I realize that Nero was suppose to have died but there was a rumor that he was not really dead.

That doesn't quite fit with the historical facts. Revelation was written about 100 AD. Nero died in 68 AD. The emporors around the time of the writing of Revelation were:

Domitian (reigned September 14, 81 AD – September 18, 96 AD)
Nerva (reigned September 18, 96 AD – January 27, 98 AD)
Trajan (reigned January 28, 98 AD – August 7, 117 AD)

The most likely candidate for the king that "is" at the time of John's writing is Trajan. The five kings that had fallen would then be:

Vitellius (reigned April 17, 69 AD – December 20, 69 AD)
Vespasian (reigned July 1, 69 AD – June 24, 79 AD)
Titus (reigned June 24, 79 AD – September 13, 81 AD)

The king that was yet to come would then be Hadrian, who reigned August 11, 117 AD – July 10, 138 AD. He (the seventh king) was to be for only a short time but, as you can see from the list above, he reigned longer than the all the other 6 before him.

You can see more about the reigns of Roman emporors at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_emperors

The first real king of Rome was Julius(though he was not called a king), he was followed by Augustus,Tiberius,Caligula,Claudius, and Nero. Revelation 17:10 and there are 7 kings, 5 are fallen(Julius,Augustus,Tiberius,Caligula,Claudius) and one is (Nero) and the other is yet to come(antichrist). Since Nero was a type of antichrist this fits well accept that most believe that John wrote Revelation at least twenty years after the death of Nero(68ad). Actually there is no proof WHEN John wrote the book of Revelation, it is assumed that John wrote Revelation after 90ad by an extra biblical source. If John did write Revelation around 68 AD then Nero would seem to be the 6th king.

The first real king of Rome was Julius(though he was not called a king), he was followed by Augustus,Tiberius,Caligula,Claudius, and Nero. Revelation 17:10 and there are 7 kings, 5 are fallen(Julius,Augustus,Tiberius,Caligula,Claudius) and one is (Nero) and the other is yet to come(antichrist). Since Nero was a type of antichrist this fits well accept that most believe that John wrote Revelation at least twenty years after the death of Nero(68ad). Actually there is no proof WHEN John wrote the book of Revelation, it is assumed that John wrote Revelation after 90ad by an extra biblical source. If John did write Revelation around 68 AD then Nero would seem to be the 6th king.

Let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that all the accounts I've heard so far are wrong, and that John did, indeed, write Revelation during the reign of Nero (although I'm not convinced). There are still a couple of problems in the scenario you present. Why would the first 6 heads represent 6 consecutive Roman emporors, while the seventh represents a leader of another kingdom or empire far in the (then) future? It just doesn't seem consistant to me. The more traditional interpretation, that the heads represent empires, seems more consistant.

One other thing I'm curious about. If the seventh king is Antichrist, who is the eighth?

This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while. The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction. (Rev. 17:9-11 NIV)​

This eighth kins "once was, and now is not". If you are right, then he is one of the 5 emporors before Nero - Julius, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula or Claudius. Do you expect to see one of them resurrected? I think it's pretty obvious that that's not going to happen. It seems to me that the most logical understanding is that the seven heads represent seven kingdoms or empires and that the beast itself represents an eighth empire, which will be one of the first five empires resurrected and will be the kingdom of Antichrist.

I do not believe the beast of the sea is the kingdom described as the iron legs of the image in Nebuchadnezzar's dream if that's what you are saying.​
You, honestly, want me to believe you don't know the 10 horn beast in Daniel is the 10 horn beast in Revelation? Eventhough the beast in Revelation has all the parts of the 4 beast described in Daniel, the mouth of a lion, feet of a bear, like a leopard, with 10 horns?​

Presepts,, I am lost why is my name on those quotes?

I think maybe you have me confused wiht some one else ..
I did, but the fact remains, the 1st beast rising up out of the water in Revelation is the 4th beast in Daniel having the 10 horns.

Rome was a city that sat on seven hills and the beast was the governmental power and authority. Rome was an actual city that was being carried and maintained by the power of the Roman Empire and the city itself ruled over the other kings at that time. The seven heads not only meant seven mountains but also seven kings. Five had already fallen and one was and the other was yet to come. Possibly Julius was the first king and possibly the king that "was" could be Nero. I realize that Nero was suppose to have died but there was a rumor that he was not really dead.
Check your encyclopedia for the dates for Revelation. History lists Augustus as the 1st Roman emperor, Nero the 5th, and in the year of the 4 emperors, Vespasian is numbered as the 9th. I, based on the bible, number him the 8th because he started his own dynasty with his two sons, ending the Julio Ceasar dynasty, and were uprooted by Nerva, the historical 12th but biblical 11th king/Roman emperor, which fulfills Daniel's prophecy of three horns being plucked up. Besides that, Nerva, fulfilling prophecy as the 11th horn of the 4th beast in Daniel, and the 2nd beast in Revelation, ended the custom of Emperors holding the title of Ceasar, giving it to the emperors to be. Nerva also began the Roman historic era of the "Five Good Emperors.' Is it a coincidence that the Vespasian was part of the Roman "yr of 4 emperors," and Nerva part of the "Five Good Emperors" era, patterning the language of the bible?

That doesn't quite fit with the historical facts. Revelation was written about 100 AD. Nero died in 68 AD. The emporors around the time of the writing of Revelation were:

Trajan (reigned January 28, 98 AD – August 7, 117 AD)

The most likely candidate for the king that "is" at the time of John's writing is Trajan. The five kings that had fallen would then be:

Vitellius (reigned April 17, 69 AD – December 20, 69 AD)
Vespasian (reigned July 1, 69 AD – June 24, 79 AD)
Titus (reigned June 24, 79 AD – September 13, 81 AD)

The king that was yet to come would then be Hadrian, who reigned August 11, 117 AD – July 10, 138 AD. He (the seventh king) was to be for only a short time but, as you can see from the list above, he reigned longer than the all the other 6 before him.

You can see more about the reigns of Roman emporors at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_emperors
You skipped the "yr of the 4 emperors" purposely, why?

You, honestly, want me to believe you don't know the 10 horn beast in Daniel is the 10 horn beast in Revelation? Eventhough the beast in Revelation has all the parts of the 4 beast described in Daniel, the mouth of a lion, feet of a bear, like a leopard, with 10 horns?

And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. The first [was] like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and [it had] three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.
After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it [was] diverse from all the beasts that [were] before it; and it had ten horns.
I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [were] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. Dan 7:3-8

All of these beasts were diverse from each other.

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months. Rev 13:1-5

The beast from the sea in Revelation is described as having ALL of the Daniel beasts qualities apart from the eagles wings nor does it have iron as any part of it. Daniel talks of four beasts coming up from the sea ALL DIVERSE from each other, Revelation speaks of ONE beast with the majority of the Daniel beasts qualities rising from the sea.

Thou, O king, [art] a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou [art] this head of gold.
And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all [things]: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
And [as] the toes of the feet [were] part of iron, and part of clay, [so] the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. Dan 2:37-43

Again

Gold – Babylon – 1st beast
Breast and his arms of silver – Persians & Medes – 2nd beast
Belly and his thighs of brass – Greece – 3rd beast
Legs Iron – Rome – 4th beast
Iron & clay – 5th and final divided - beast from the sea and the beast from the earth

Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
And the ten horns out of this kingdom [are] ten kings [that] shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. Dan 7:23-25

The fourth beast of Daniel was Rome with Rome’s final king changing times and laws. The whole world has come under these times and laws which is how the prophecy ‘and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time’ is fulfilled. This king through the changing of times and laws still has dominion over all those that abide by them even though he himself is long dead.

But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy [it] unto the end. Dan 7:26

This part of the prophecy is still future because until the world ceases to abide by a Roman calendar and by Roman laws and policies it is not fulfilled.

The times and laws of the final king of the fourth beast of Daniel correlates to the principles of the beast from the earth in Revelation. It is this earth beast with its iron principles that gives the beast from the sea its image and voice. Together these two beasts make up the final beast described in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream;

And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
And [as] the toes of the feet [were] part of iron, and part of clay, [so] the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. Dan 2:41-43

It is the symbolic iron of the original Roman Empire that provides the power, the legitimacy, thus the image and the voice, to the clay of the sea beast.

And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. The first [was] like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and [it had] three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.
After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it [was] diverse from all the beasts that [were] before it; and it had ten horns.
I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [were] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. Dan 7:3-8

All of these beasts were diverse from each other.

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months. Rev 13:1-5

The beast from the sea in Revelation is described as having ALL of the Daniel beasts qualities apart from the eagles wings nor does it have iron as any part of it. Daniel talks of four beasts coming up from the sea ALL DIVERSE from each other, Revelation speaks of ONE beast with the majority of the Daniel beasts qualities rising from the sea.

Thou, O king, [art] a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou [art] this head of gold.
And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all [things]: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. Dan 2:37-43

Again

Gold – Babylon – 1st beast
Breast and his arms of silver – Persians & Medes – 2nd beast
Belly and his thighs of brass – Greece – 3rd beast
Legs Iron – Rome – 4th beast
Iron & clay – 5th and final divided - beast from the sea and the beast from the earth

Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
And the ten horns out of this kingdom [are] ten kings [that] shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. Dan 7:23-25

The fourth beast of Daniel was Rome with Rome’s final king changing times and laws. The whole world has come under these times and laws which is how the prophecy ‘and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time’ is fulfilled. This king through the changing of times and laws still has dominion over all those that abide by them even though he himself is long dead.

But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy [it] unto the end. Dan 7:26

This part of the prophecy is still future because until the world ceases to abide by a Roman calendar and by Roman laws and policies it is not fulfilled.

The times and laws of the final king of the fourth beast of Daniel correlates to the principles of the beast from the earth in Revelation. It is this earth beast with its iron principles that gives the beast from the sea its image and voice. Together these two beasts make up the final beast described in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream;

And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. Dan 2:41-43

It is the symbolic iron of the original Roman Empire that provides the power, the legitimacy, thus the image and the voice, to the clay of the sea beast.
Envieda's Version 2011

Envieda's
That's in heaven. If you follow the parallel passage in Revelation 11:15, it happens in heaven.
Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Rev 11:16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

:chin Heaven is where judgement sits and where it originates from over every created thing. It remains that God's kingdom will reign literally on earth and in heaven, Christ will return literally, there is a literal antichrist, there is a literal tribulation, there is a literal sea beast empowered by a literal earth beast.
And it also remains, your pulling my leg.

For the reader's sake, Christ himself said his kingdom was not of this world. The earth referred to in Revelation has dual meanings. There is a spiritual earth that men and angels fell from, where the angels dwell, where the heavenly Jerusalem and temple was.

And it also remains, your pulling my leg.

For the reader's sake, Christ himself said his kingdom was not of this world. The earth referred to in Revelation has dual meanings. There is a spiritual earth that men and angels fell from, where the angels dwell, where the heavenly Jerusalem and temple was.

Indeed Jesus' kingdom was not of that world.

Joh 18:35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Jesus' statement is not from Revelation. It is before His death.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back