Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Was reproduction a part of the world prior to the fall?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Gen 2:23-25
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
KJV
Only after the fall were they given flesh as we have with reproductive organs. They had no need of them as God created them.
This verse also means that they had no sin and could stand before God because they had nothing to hide!
Gen 3:21
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
KJV
God does not sacrifice animals, only after Noah did man do that. So this clearly means he made a covering for each of them , 2 different skins, 1 male and 1 female, of our carnal animal nature with reproductive organs. Because they lost their heavenly tent/ covering when they died to the Spirit. We too are to be being clothed in Christ, if you plan to attend the wedding Supper of the Lamb
I see no scripture to back your claim..from Post # 18

Where is the Scripture backing to this claim?
God does not sacrifice animals, only after Noah did man do that.

I see you have decided not to answer. :shrug

I am sure not surprised....

You are referring to the earth age that is now. I am talking about the old world that the First Adam was created before the fall spoken of in
2 Peter 2:4-5
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
KJV
There was no previous earth age. There has only ever been one and that began in Gen 1:1. Verse two is simply continuing the story that began in verse one.

Already gave it.
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Christ's blood is for atonement, Abel's was a type of atonement in animal's blood.
Our covenant made in Christ blood is the better covenant than that, that Abel had.

Look up in the Strong's Concordance Hebrew 4503 you will see it says an offering is a gift, usually bloodless, a present.
There are many times that the Jews would offer up an first born clean animal to God with out shedding its blood.
Better things, does not warrant that it was blood. Surely you can find a second blood sacrifice before Gen 6, to confirm Abel as giving the first.

I was hoping someone would bring up Abel's offering. He brought the First of his flock and the Fat thereof as in his Best, Choicest. Not as in grease and blood sacrifice. Never is there a mention of blood, nor sacrifice but just and offering.
God had respect for Abel's offering because Abel gave his finest to God. Cain just probably brought what ever he didn't want for himself, no mention of first or the quality, just something that he wouldn't miss.
Gen 4:3-5
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
KJV
And I would love to see the scripture proof that sex was just for fun before the fall and for the fact that you say Christ used animal blood sacrifices before Noah's flood. Scriptures please!
Deb is way ahead of me. Hebrews shows you the blood sacrifice that Abel offered God.

And Cain did not "buy" his offering. Cain was a very successful farmer and a very intelligent man. He built cities! Cains offering was probably worth millions by todays standards. But it was the work of his own hands and He thought that it was good enough........Get it?

Cain~~works for salvation.

Abel~~Grace

Religion ALWAYS kills grace.

There was no previous earth age. There has only ever been one and that began in Gen 1:1. Verse two is simply continuing the story that began in verse one.
so you don't believe the scripture that I gave where Peter said it was the old world that the flood was?

Deb is way ahead of me. Hebrews shows you the blood sacrifice that Abel offered God.

And Cain did not "buy" his offering. Cain was a very successful farmer and a very intelligent man. He built cities! Cains offering was probably worth millions by todays standards. But it was the work of his own hands and He thought that it was good enough........Get it?

Cain~~works for salvation.

Abel~~Grace

Religion ALWAYS kills grace.
Buy his offering?? Who said that? No, it does not show that, it says that Jesus gave better than the things of Abel, never mentions Abel giving blood, you just want to say that. Abel gave a gift to God, his finest and first of his flock. Cain just gave some of his produce, no mention of first or the cream of the crop, just some.

Gen. 1:1 by itself, begins in Gen.2:4
So, why were those in Gen 1:2 created on the 6th day after everything else. But Adam in Gen 2:5-8 placed in the garden and before all every thing else?

To post # 41
Could it be, because it is 5 against 1 and I am trying to accommodate all the questions that people should be eager to see, instead they fight the Word I show every step of the way??
But, I have an idea, why don't you show me a scripture that says there was any sacrifices before Noah, I like that better.

so you don't believe the scripture that I gave where Peter said it was the old world that the flood was?
Of course I believe that Scripture, but I believe what Peter was saying. He is simply referring to the world before the Flood and makes this clear by saying that Noah was preserved. This is can only referencing the flood in Genesis 6. By his time the Flood would have happened several thousand years prior, hence, it is the "ancient world," as the ESV puts it.

Buy his offering?? Who said that? No, it does not show that, it says that Jesus gave better than the things of Abel, never mentions Abel giving blood, you just want to say that. Abel gave a gift to God, his finest and first of his flock. Cain just gave some of his produce, no mention of first or the cream of the crop, just some.
Ok, Lets just go off of what you believe. Abel was saved and a man of God because HE(Abel) gave his best to God?

Of course I believe that Scripture, but I believe what Peter was saying. He is simply referring to the world before the Flood and makes this clear by saying that Noah was preserved. This is can only referencing the flood in Genesis 6. By his time the Flood would have happened several thousand years prior, hence, it is the "ancient world," as the ESV puts it.

2 Peter 3:4-8
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
KJV
Do you understand that Generations, means more that one? Are you expecting a NEW heaven and earth in your time?
Gen 2:4
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
KJV

Ok, Lets just go off of what you believe. Abel was saved and a man of God because HE(Abel) gave his best to God?
Yes, Abel pleased God just as we please God when we need Him in our life and Reverence Him He watches us for our commitment to Him. Cain could do better, but it wasn't in him. Because one was born good, the other evil. They were twins born in the same pregnancy. Sort of like Esau and Jacob. Esau, Cain represent our carnal nature serving our lusts the devils children, and Abel and Jacob represent those led spiritually, those who seek to please God.
Mal 3:16-18
16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
KJV

Last edited:
This is what we get when we ignore the plan for the Church laid down in the Second Testament.. Scriptures cherry picked, added too,and others ignored... The Church was given

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 3:4-8
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
KJV
Do you understand that Generations, means more that one? Are you expecting a NEW heaven and earth in your time?
Gen 2:4
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
KJV
This says nothing different than 2 Pet 2:4-5. There is absolutely nothing to even remotely suggest there was an earth age prior to the one that began in Gen 1:1, continued with verse 2 and into the rest of Genesis.

(Post removed, response to deleted post. Obadiah)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try looking in Gen. 2 starting at verse 4 and read.
I did. I got four words into the verse and found yet another contradiction with what you are trying to teach:

Genesis 2:4 (LEB) These are the generations of heaven and earth when they were created, in the day that Yahweh God made earth and heaven—
Get it? Generations (geneology, accounting) of the Earth. Meaning Chapter 2 is giving an account of the Earth that was already created back in the day God created it in Chapter 1, not some new creation of Earth.

So that's three contradictions from you (with several people pointing out direct Scriptures that prove you are wrong) within just the first two Chapters of the Bible. Wow!

1. God did create Adam/Eve with flesh and male/female genitles. You said no.
2. Abel did offer blood sacrifice to God. You said no.
3. Gen 2 isn't talking about another Earth. You say there's multiple Earths.

Yes, Abel pleased God just as we please God when we need Him in our life and Reverence Him He watches us for our commitment to Him. Cain could do better, but it wasn't in him. Because one was born good, the other evil. They were twins born in the same pregnancy. Sort of like Esau and Jacob. Esau, Cain represent our carnal nature serving our lusts the devils children, and Abel and Jacob represent those led spiritually, those who seek to please God.
Mal 3:16-18
16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
KJV
Well, At least your honest, I admire that.

Acts 16:31 and.....
******************** Jesus Christ himself, said the following ********************

“Whosoever believes in me will not perish, but have everlasting life.” Jn 3:15

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him will not perish, but have everlasting life.” Jn 3:16

“He that believes on him is not condemned, but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has notbelieved in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” Jn 3:18

“He that believes the Son has everlasting life, and he that believes not the Son, shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” Jn 3:36

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one that which sees the Son, and believes on him, will have everlasting life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”Jn 6:40

“Truly I say unto you, he that believes on me, has everlasting life.” Jn 6:47

.Abel was in the same boat we are in.

This is what we get when we ignore the plan for the Church laid down in the Second Testament.. Scriptures cherry picked, added too,and others ignored... The Church was given

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Rom 12:14-21
14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
KJV

Back