Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study WELCOME TO A DEEP LOOK AT GENESIS

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Do you mean where is the spirit in us ? I don't know Angel maybe our mind ? All I know is it's inside of us somewhere but I don't know exactly what it is.

1Co 15:51-53 KJV Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, (52) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (53) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

It's not that we will be spirit only but a spiritual being with a different kind of body than we have now.

1Co 15:40-44 KJV There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. (41) There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. (42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: (43) It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: (44) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

We don't know exactly what this body is yet imo.

1Jn 3:2 KJV Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
:amen :goodpost

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

when i get home i will be reminded to be thankful for the resorses i have

Day 11 Genesis 2:10-25 4/27/14 Eve Arrives.

The following is from my ESV notes. "The Garden of Eden. Genesis describes the location of Eden in relation to the convergence of four rivers. While two of the rivers are unknown (the Pishon and the Gihon), the nearly universal identification of the other two rivers as the Tigris and the Euphrates suggests a possible location for Eden at either their northern or southern extremes." (End of quote from the ESV notes, by permission).

An interesting note on the gold suggests to me that the land was rich in resources that would be suitable with the making of the future Tabernacle & Temple.

Adam was "put in the garden" so I wonder if he was created somewhere else?....He was put there to work it and keep it. It is also interesting that Adam was to be a gardener and guard of the garden before he sinned, proving that God always wants man to work.

T. Desmond Alexander, PhD, from The Queens University of Belfast, explains, "The tree of knowledge of good and evil would have given man, awareness, moral discrimination, moral responsibility, and moral experience."

"You shall surely die" implies a spiritual and physical death which is exactly what happened. As a result, all men will become sinners, as Romans 5:12 states "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, (Adam) and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned." So thanks to Adam, I'm a sinner! And I need a Savior, Jesus Christ is my hero, He came to undo what Adam did. Romans 5:17 explains what my Savior did.

God made a declaration of great importance for many, but not all men. "It is not good that the man should be alone. There are men who have the gift of being single, as the Apostle Paul states in 1 Corinthians 7:7 "I wish that all were as I myself am, (single). But each has his own gift from God, one of one kind (single) and one of another" (married). For most men, they want to share life with a woman. As they say, Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve. :lol

God said that He will make a helper for Adam. V.19 states that God brought beast and Bird to Adam to name and apparently to see if any would fit the bill for a helper. Since none were found, God became a surgeon (Jehovah Rapha), made an incision, removed a rib from Adam, and created Eve. V.23 states what Adam said, but Chopper would have said, once he saw naked Eve, Wo! Man! :eek :rofl2

It's probable that they ate from the ToL before the fall ( only 1 Tree was forbidden as you say ) and this is what kept them free from illness and eventual death etc. ( there's also a tie in here to the ToL being a type of Jesus maybe ? ) In Gen 3:22 the implication is that the ongoing eating from it, and not a once eating, will make them live forever ( which isn't identical to immortal ). imo As Chop said the Tree(s) will appear again in the New Jerusalem for healing. It's interesting that today we ( the world ) looks for youth elixirs constantly.

I can't wait to see those tree's in the New Jerusalem and with my new spiritual body too!

Revelation 2:7. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Jesus is the word, and eating of “God saith” gives and preserves life. This is what the Spirit says unto each of the seven churches written to in Revelation. It is the living correction and instruction to have abundant life, and is just the opposite of the tree of knowledge which is the law showing our incapability of measuring up to God’s standards; it was and is a ministration of death, and can only kill. No one but Jesus ever kept the law, and if any believe they do, they’re kidding themselves. Do we want God’s best? Let us eat heartedly.

My dear brother in Christ “Gene Hawkins” put it this way in his study of Revelation. “When Jesus says I'll give you to eat of the tree of life, He's not talking of simple salvation; that tree of life is Christ Himself, and it is Christ Himself Who has the absolute fullness of everything that we need to come to full growth and maturity in Christ.

To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." In this verse we get down to the reward of Ephesus, and you see that this reward once again represents the full provision that God has given to the entire Church. Now notice the reward that He promises to those of Ephesus is that "To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life," and when we understand what that means, it tells us of the absolute fullness of the reward that is available in Christ. It tells us of all these provisions that God has for us in Christ, and everything that Jesus has to offer we are entitled to and there are varying degrees as far as partaking of Christ. He is the true bread from heaven which is exactly the same as the tree of life, and this is the bread that came down from heaven, and so there are varying degrees of people doing that and there are varying degrees then of the reward that they are going to get in conjunction.”

Day 12 4/28/14 Genesis 3:1-7 The Fall.
This is today's study. There is a lot to consider in these seven verses so we'll take at least two days and even more if necessary.

Day 12 4/28/14 Genesis 3:1-7 The Fall.
This is today's study. There is a lot to consider in these seven verses so we'll take at least two days and even more if necessary.
Dear brother, I pray God blesses this and all days to relieve the suffering you've been experiencing, and blesses us to edification by your teaching in Jesus' name. :)

Dear brother, I pray God blesses this and all days to relieve the suffering you've been experiencing, and blesses us to edification by your teaching in Jesus' name. :)

Thank you so much for those comforting words my dear friend Eugene. I am struggling here, every day. I's not knowing what is really wrong with me that makes it hard. Once I've had the colonoscopy and the results back, I'll know more about what to do. In the meantime, I'll fight the good fight, depending on my Master to do what He wills. Thank you again for your prayers.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Day 12 4/28/14 Genesis 3:1-7 THE FALL

I'll start off by pretending that I'm unsaved, looking at these verses for the first time. What?? A talking snake? come on, you can't be serious!!

I guess I can't blame the unbeliever in doubting the creation of and the fall of mankind. I praise YHWH for the great gift of faith that opened my eyes to believe the impossible.

My first observance is that Satan, in the form of a serpent, (Strongs H5172 is a snake) appears to Eve ALONE! In the beginning and for thousands of years God had a standard for man/woman in relation to each other and God. Like in the military, there is a chain of command. YHWH is the Head of man, man is the head of woman. Like it or not, that is God's best for men and women in their relationships with each other and their God. 1 Cor. 11:1-16 states the practice in the 1st Century Church. In modern times this has changed for the woman, and only history will prove if the role of women has been a benefit or curse.

In any case, I find it interesting that Satan, in the form of a serpent, chose Eve to approach rather than Adam. Somehow Satan knew of the chain of command. His plan was to make Eve decide to make a decision apart from Adam. He tried to do the same thing with Jesus in the wilderness. If he can split up a union, he can conquer that union. Today he likes to split up marriages.

I will continue to post more on these verses tomorrow.

After Eve had eaten, she gave the fruit to Adam "who was there with her" (Gen. 3:6). She doesn't seem to have been alone. Yet, Adam did nothing to stop her from eating. If he did, it's not recorded, and he gave in and ate too.

The TOG​

Didn't know you are in pain or having health issues brother Chop...pain and I are old acquaintances...praying for you...

In His love

brother Paul

Thank you so much for those comforting words my dear friend Eugene. I am struggling here, every day. I's not knowing what is really wrong with me that makes it hard. Once I've had the colonoscopy and the results back, I'll know more about what to do. In the meantime, I'll fight the good fight, depending on my Master to do what He wills. Thank you again for your prayers.

Sorry to hear Chopper. Be encouraged that God NEVER loses control even when we do. His WILL be done! Amen?
Will pray for you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back