Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study WELCOME TO A DEEP LOOK AT GENESIS

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Day 3 Genesis 1:11-13 4/19/14 Vegetation and Seed.

When I look at these verses I see an important fact. In V.11,12 "whose seed is in itself" this means that the grass? herbs, & fruit trees, would produce seed after its own kind....like produces like. The species are fixed and don't mix with the others on their own.

Now, if they are putting forth seed, they must be fully grown and mature, which answers a lot of questions to wondering minds. Someone once said that everything that God created is in its mature state, even the earth which with its age marks, which throws off the scientist who believes the earth is millions of years old. And what about Man, 33yrs old?

It also appears that the earth has been transformed from a waste to a moist ground capable of nourishing plant & tree life.

Here answers the question, which came first, the chicken or the egg. Or the seed or the apple tree.:lol

Day 3 Genesis 1:11-13 4/19/14 Vegetation and Seed.

When I look at these verses I see an important fact. In V.11,12 "whose seed is in itself" this means that the grass? herbs, & fruit trees, would produce seed after its own kind....like produces like. The species are fixed and don't mix with the others on their own.

Now, if they are putting forth seed, they must be fully grown and mature, which answers a lot of questions to wondering minds. Someone once said that everything that God created is in its mature state, even the earth which with its age marks, which throws off the scientist who believes the earth is millions of years old. And what about Man, 33yrs old?

It also appears that the earth has been transformed from a waste to a moist ground capable of nourishing plant & tree life.

Here answers the question, which came first, the chicken or the egg. Or the seed or the apple tree.:lol
I have a video on that, but its a jewish one. the idea of the names giving power and doing what god had them named and also the earth was given power to do thing by god. the connection by john in john 1 by using the word, "word" is a good one. the targum instead the Name of god used Meribah, which meant Word as in God speak and things moved.

that is why I don't like trying force genesis into an anti-evolution debate. we miss the simple poetic use and meaning.

I believe the ancient Egyptians had an idea of man evolving from an ooze and I do know they have real similar account of creation and a flood account as well. it may be that genesis one was to correct the errors of being in Egypt for so long.though surely moses heard it by oral means or direct revalation. we don't know. I say orally and direct revalation in that he had god tell him write the account.

That is why I don't trust anything coming out of Egypt. Sorry, off topic.:wall

That is why I don't trust anything coming out of Egypt. Sorry, off topic.:wall
lol. remember that the children of isreal spent 400 plus years in that nation. its remarkable if the book was orally passed to moses then penned given that situation. that is what I believe.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the
earth: and it was so.
Mat_12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
Rom_4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven." 2 Corinthians 12:2a NIV

This Scripture suggests that God created more than one heaven.
He did! There is the first Heaven we see when we look up, the second Heaven we see through our telescope or out the window of our Space Craft as we leave the restraint of the Earth ad the unseen Heave that will descend and reside on the Earth after the destruction and re-purifying of the Earth.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the
Mat_12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
Rom_4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Here we should begin to see that God has given us a great number of Life Applications in His Word to us. Yes, it is true that a Dashound can be bred with a Poodle but they are both dogs ad they are both descendants of the Wolfs that were carried on the Ark with Noah.

When I was able I cross bred Roses, now there's a nice lie! I cross pollinated different color roses to see what they would grow when the seed was harvested ad planted but every rose is just that, a rose. My grandfather crossed Pecan Trees and had the softest shell pecans I ever cracked and ate but the all grew a Pecan tree when they were planted.

God has given us order and it is shear folly to attempt to disturb it as the Secular Scientific Community is attempting to do now.

This is interesting Michael considering Vs 7 & 8.

Gen 1:7-8 KJV And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. (8) And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

I wonder also why my KJV and ESV suggest this firmament is God's home ( Heaven ) if capital H suggests this.

The second form being dual of an unused singular; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve): - air, X astrologer, heaven (-s). (used by permission, E-Sword) I hoe this helps. It reads Heavens & Earth.

I have a video on that, but its a jewish one. the idea of the names giving power and doing what god had them named and also the earth was given power to do thing by god. the connection by john in john 1 by using the word, "word" is a good one. the targum instead the Name of god used Meribah, which meant Word as in God speak and things moved.

I like that Jason, "God speaks and things moved" :sohappy

Here we should begin to see that God has given us a great number of Life Applications in His Word to us. Yes, it is true that a Dashound can be bred with a Poodle but they are both dogs ad they are both descendants of the Wolfs that were carried on the Ark with Noah.

When I was able I cross bred Roses, now there's a nice lie! I cross pollinated different color roses to see what they would grow when the seed was harvested ad planted but every rose is just that, a rose. My grandfather crossed Pecan Trees and had the softest shell pecans I ever cracked and ate but the all grew a Pecan tree when they were planted.

God has given us order and it is shear folly to attempt to disturb it as the Secular Scientific Community is attempting to do now.
:agreed

:thumbsup

There probably isn't a way to get that video here on our study is there?

th 1b. taylor said:

Which is what they were attempting to do "imo" in a place called Babel way up in chapter 10 verse 10..

The Lord saw what they were up to in chapter 11 and said enough is enough..

Genesis 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

tob

There probably isn't a way to get that video here on our study is there?
yes, its just a simple video on the otifier, and it goes into what the letter are for in the alphabet and the nature they have. its for kids and its the kabbalah but you will see that has a lot of truth to it.

Yes, God spoke His creation into existence. The Word, the logos, Christ.

The idea of what faith is can come into this understanding, as well.
Believing things that be not as though they were.
God spoke, things were.

Chapter 1:11-13
Gen 1:11 And God saith, `Let the earth yield tender grass, herb sowing seed, fruit-tree (whose seed is in itself) making fruit after its kind, on the earth:' and it is so.
YLT
Psa 104:13 Watering hills from His upper chambers, From the fruit of Thy works is the earth satisfied.
Psa 104:14 Causing grass to spring up for cattle, And herb for the service of man, To bring forth bread from the earth,
Psa 104:15 And wine--it rejoiceth the heart of man, To cause the face to shine from oil, And bread--the heart of man it supporteth.

Mar 14:22 And as they are eating, Jesus having taken bread, having blessed, brake, and gave to them, and said, `Take, eat; this is my body.'
Mar 14:23 And having taken the cup, having given thanks, he gave to them, and they drank of it--all;

Heb 1:9 thou didst love righteousness, and didst hate lawlessness; because of this did He anoint thee--God, thy God--with oil of gladness above thy partners;'

yes, its just a simple video on the otifier, and it goes into what the letter are for in the alphabet and the nature they have. its for kids and its the kabbalah but you will see that has a lot of truth to it.
I'd really like to see it.

Chapter 1:11-13
Gen 1:11 And God saith, `Let the earth yield tender grass, herb sowing seed, fruit-tree (whose seed is in itself) making fruit after its kind, on the earth:' and it is so.
YLT
Psa 104:13 Watering hills from His upper chambers, From the fruit of Thy works is the earth satisfied.
Psa 104:14 Causing grass to spring up for cattle, And herb for the service of man, To bring forth bread from the earth,
Psa 104:15 And wine--it rejoiceth the heart of man, To cause the face to shine from oil, And bread--the heart of man it supporteth.

Mar 14:22 And as they are eating, Jesus having taken bread, having blessed, brake, and gave to them, and said, `Take, eat; this is my body.'
Mar 14:23 And having taken the cup, having given thanks, he gave to them, and they drank of it--all;

Heb 1:9 thou didst love righteousness, and didst hate lawlessness; because of this did He anoint thee--God, thy God--with oil of gladness above thy partners;'
:goodpost

For a long time I accepted the gap theory. I don't know when it happened exactly, but one day I realized that Gen 1:1 was a synopsis, within the context of Gen 1, of the instant God created the universe. Then I saw that V2 takes up the details of the six days of creation after the physical was in place.
V2-31 are the six days. Then 2:1-3 details day 7. Now this is where Moses goes into even more detail. In 2:4-25, he details the setting in which God made Adam and Eve that Moses loosely touched on in 1:26-27. Then in 3:1 the chronological story is picked up and moves on through history.
I would like to note one thing. When God created Adam and Eve, they were fully mature human beings, and able to pro-create. IMO, God did the same thing when He created the universe. It was fully mature. In reality Adam and Eve were one second old but for all intents and purposes, they looked and were in their late teens, early twenties. The universe was the same thing. Now I'm NOT a scientists, but I have faith that God knew what He was doing when He created the universe, and as He also created ALL the laws that have EVER been discovered by man or Einstein!
In our still limited ability today, we cannot KNOW what it took to have a fully mature universe come into existence in one day, but God does. I choose to believe that WE, as human beings, are limited in our understanding, NOT God.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back