Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Well i think that's it for me. Deeply saddened.

Paul1965

When I came to this forum, I was very happy that I'd found like minded Christian people to share the wonder of Gods love with. And, for the most part that's been true. Sadly there are some who think schoolyard bullying tactics, pseudo psycho analysis of others, spamming a thread with political rhetoric and answering simple questions with demeaning and belittling comments is appropriate. Anyone who is not of their political persuasion is a target and they seem to get away with it unchecked. The final straw has been a new thread someone started about hatred, and the reply from one of the members here was to call for it's removal, followed by more name calling and belittling. When I pointed this out I too was the target of this keyboard warrior.

While I am far from being perfect, I do make every effort to avoid confrontation by using civil language in everything I do. (not so, many moons ago) In the real world outside of the forum these two heroes would be on a fast track to some nasty repercussions if they behaved in this manner towards other human beings.

So in a nutshell , enough is enough. I sincerely hope that the moderators will ban these bullies before they have a chance to attack someone with their insolent manner again. You both know who you are and I suggest standing in front of a mirror,take a good long look at yourself before you again call yourself "men" of God.
I wish every one here the best of the life God has blessed us with
Blessings in Christ to each and every one of you here at CFnet
paul

Election time can, is, and will be ugly... You might try giving the Americans some time to get our act together.. We do have a good side

When I came to this forum, I was very happy that I'd found like minded Christian people to share the wonder of Gods love with. And, for the most part that's been true. Sadly there are some who think schoolyard bullying tactics, pseudo psycho analysis of others, spamming a thread with political rhetoric and answering simple questions with demeaning and belittling comments is appropriate. Anyone who is not of their political persuasion is a target and they seem to get away with it unchecked. The final straw has been a new thread someone started about hatred, and the reply from one of the members here was to call for it's removal, followed by more name calling and belittling. When I pointed this out I too was the target of this keyboard warrior.

While I am far from being perfect, I do make every effort to avoid confrontation by using civil language in everything I do. (not so, many moons ago) In the real world outside of the forum these two heroes would be on a fast track to some nasty repercussions if they behaved in this manner towards other human beings.

So in a nutshell , enough is enough. I sincerely hope that the moderators will ban these bullies before they have a chance to attack someone with their insolent manner again. You both know who you are and I suggest standing in front of a mirror,take a good long look at yourself before you again call yourself "men" of God.
I wish every one here the best of the life God has blessed us with
Blessings in Christ to each and every one of you here at CFnet
paul

I don't know what this is about but can tell you were wounded. Now, I like your signature and if you can do "all" things thru Christ, that surely includes "patience". Just be patient and let it go. If you believe that Christ strengthens and pulls you through the toughest times, how can you leave this forum because of a couple of individuals? You indicated that you were very happy when you joined this forum, well focus on what makes you happy and ignore what does not.

Take time to know people on this forum, make yourself friends and bear in mind that leaving this forum is not going to resolve the problem. You cannot control people but you can control yourself and decide which topics you want to contribute to.

I pray that you'll enjoy your time here .
God bless!

Paul:

I think it's time for a story. Being into sundials and a gnomonist, let me cite this story from Bewick's fables (1820) and is has a very good point:

The Clock and the Sundial

A Clock happened to fall into conversation with a Dial. One cloudy forenoon,
when the sun did not shine, the Clock said to the Dial, “what a mean slavery do
you undergo; you cannot tell the hour unless the sun pleases to inform you. I can
tell the hour at any time, and would not be in such a dependent state as you are in
for the world: night and day are both alike to me: it is just now twelve O clock.
Upon this the sun shone forth under the cloud, and shewed the exact time of the
day: it was half an hour past twelve. The Dial then replied to the Clock, "You may
now perceive that boasting is not good: for you see you are wrong: it is better to be
under direction and follow truth, than to be eye to one’s self and go wrong.

So, who are "clocks" and who are "sundials" here? I'm sure clock people would just love to point out your inadequacy and shortcomings just as the sundial was accused of having because the sun did not shine. But the sundial patiently waited for the sun who directed him to the proper time (truth).

Whereas we know that clocks can be very ornamental, and impressive indeed that everyone is awed by, but they go at it alone, and in the long run are inaccurate (in error). And if I may also point out, a sundial has every right to point out error once the sun does shine, but ironically the clock will accuse the sundial of being hypocritical, as if the sundial does not follow the time of the sun and the clock knows the right time instead. You can't get through to "clocks" in other words because they think they are always right and the sundial is wrong.

(to share the wonder of Gods love with). The wonder of God's love is that it works with those who respond to compassion and others that take fear to make a difference. Jude 1 :22,23

It is really tough to realize that Peter could speak the devils words and then the words of God. God continued to work with Peter. Paul continued to work with Peter. Peter had to work with Peter.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Those who are helping in the Church will have rough times. Hang in there.

eddif

Bah, grow thicker skin. If you find that hard to swallow then you might not want to venture outside. They are words from a stranger. What I find odd is that Stormcrow would have rather simply reported the remark and not argue the fallibility of the statement. Now it is there for me to read, and if I were stupid (as many people unfortunately are) I might be inclined to believe him/her. Instead of tattle-tailing, the better course of action would have been to rise to the occasion. To many people here get hurt by feathers.

Bah, grow thicker skin. If you find that hard to swallow then you might not want to venture outside. They are words from a stranger. What I find odd is that Stormcrow would have rather simply reported the remark and not argue the fallibility of the statement. Now it is there for me to read, and if I were stupid (as many people unfortunately are) I might be inclined to believe him/her. Instead of tattle-tailing, the better course of action would have been to rise to the occasion. To many people here get hurt by feathers.

Some people are hurt by the poison under the lip too.

Paul1965,

I think this is an excellent place to be because I and the rest of these people need a lot of love. I've been on here almost a year now, and this is the first forum I've stayed on longer than a couple of weeks. I've been hurt several times, and inserted foot in mouth several times, but having said that, I know that doesn't nullify God's promises. If anything, you can start to learn how amazingly patient God is. That's one of the reasons why I like CFnet. My sin, and the sins of others point me to Jesus who is full of tender mercies.

Be well Paul1965,

- Davies

Thank you Davies, Tim, Reba and Agape and Ediff, I'm taking a dew days away from forums to consider my thoughts on the matter and wait for Gods guidance either to return here as a member to hopefully give some valuable input. or go elsewhere.I just came back to reply to email notifications and saw the latest posts.
Blessing to you all and your loved ones

As for Fedusenko, let me tell you something MATE!, it's that kind of bullying and belittling post that has an effect on some people trying to walk with Him and who are also maybe a bit timid in the first place..
To me it's not that hurtful, I just prefer to be where "Khon len wow" (look it up in a Thai dictionary if you can read) are not. Hence my leaving. I left my old life of hatred and violence behind me some years ago when I finally opened my heart to Jesus. but it's narrow minded redneck thinking people like you and your friends that bring out the darkness in me and worse still, get good Christian people branded as Hypocrites when non-Christians read the posts. Go outside you say? Mate you wouldn't last 5 minutes in some of the places ive been in my shameful life.
So if you wanted me to "rise to the occasion", you've succeeded.
You're nothing but another troll or yellow-spined keyboard warrior.

Ahhh, I'm ashamed to admit that feels better out of my system.

Thank you Davies, Tim, Reba and Agape and Ediff, I'm taking a dew days away from forums to consider my thoughts on the matter and wait for Gods guidance either to return here as a member to hopefully give some valuable input. or go elsewhere.I just came back to reply to email notifications and saw the latest posts.

As for Fedusenko, let me tell you something MATE!, it's that kind of bullying and belittling post that has an effect on some people trying to walk with Him and who are also maybe a bit timid in the first place..
To me it's not that hurtful, I just prefer to be where "Khon len wow" (look it up in a Thai dictionary if you can read) are not. Hence my leaving. I left my old life of hatred and violence behind me some years ago when I finally opened my heart to Jesus. but it's narrow minded redneck thinking people like you and your friends that bring out the darkness in me and worse still, get good Christian people branded as Hypocrites when non-Christians read the posts. Go outside you say? Mate you wouldn't last 5 minutes in some of the places ive been in my shameful life.

:thumbsup

That is not at all the issue. On a Christian forum no one should ever be told to "grow a thicker skin," nor it said that "many people unfortunately are" stupid. The Bible is very clear on how Christians are to act towards others and it simply isn't being done by some users.

Pro_18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. (NKJV)

Hope you don't go Paul. I think it has a lot to do with the psychology of people who are conservative. Losing an election is not something they can handle well. I think every red state has people threatening to leave the union. They think they are losing the country and such and are very protective minded people.

I made a post about improving fellowship in feedback and talked about people leaving after getting insulted which I figured was happening. I don't really think talking about politics is a good idea with the mission statement as a whole forum or area of focus. I am also a sensitive person and I think it really makes you more empathetic. I don't really get how the plight of the rich and taxes and the poor being lazy works with Christianity but for the most part a lot of people have that value system. I just don't go into that forum so I don't have issues with people here.

I would have deleted this post, but it's been quoted, and it serves as a shining example of how we should NOT deal with others on this site. It stands out as the only response that was not encouraging in its nature. I don't drive wounds deeper when I know I've hurt someone or had a hand in it. That's the time I wake myself up out of my spiritual slumber and consider how what I say can cause a wound in the Body of Christ.

Paul, I can only encourage you in your walk wherever you go. If you stay, focus on the many who lift up and not the few who tear down. Be blessed.

So when I said to grow thicker skin it was not intended to say that you are weak, but that is the treatment to expect. The bible says we will be hated. You are in Thailand. That is a dark part of the world. You should know. I am sure you can find a close-knit online community that restricts discourse to a more delightful taste. Please share when you do.

Rising to the occasion was for stormcrow, not you. It says so explicitly. If I were to return to the thread in question we would find that you DID rise to the occasion, though you were not on the same beat as stormcrow. So this comment could not have been about you. As you mentioned, you 'rose to the occasion' regarding my post, though you were misguided by its meaning. I hope you don't go. You stood up for what you believed in and that is needed here.

Hello Fedusenko, and everyone at CF.net.
Following a PM between Fedusenko and me, I feel I need to publicly apologise not only to him, but also to my friends here and the rest of the CF community. I should not have flown off the handle at him like i did just because other members are less than eloquent and compensate for that by hunting with a pack mentality and behave in a less than Christian manner.
He has explained what he meant by his post and I fully accept that and realize, that had I read his post without the anger inside me affecting my judgement I actually would have seen the humor in it.
The worst part is that I did exactly the thing that I was peeved about, and reacted with a vehement reply which as I've said has NO place whatsoever on a Christian forum.
I really am sorry for my hypocrisy and for any damage this has done to the integrity of the forum.
Blessings in Christ to you all
paul

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, and too many people are insensitive to the stated and realistic needs of others. Hence my sig

I saw this guy on the Today Show that wrote a book about the difference between religion and spirituality. He made a good point when he said, he knows his beliefs but it is how others express theirs that tells a lot about what comes out of their mouths. That is a reflection of their heart and we, as Christians have to hold true to our beliefs and turn the other cheek.

Glad you are back!

This is an impressive post! ;)

Hello Fedusenko, and everyone at CF.net.
Following a PM between Fedusenko and me, I feel I need to publicly apologise not only to him, but also to my friends here and the rest of the CF community. I should not have flown off the handle at him like i did just because other members are less than eloquent and compensate for that by hunting with a pack mentality and behave in a less than Christian manner.
He has explained what he meant by his post and I fully accept that and realize, that had I read his post without the anger inside me affecting my judgement I actually would have seen the humor in it.
The worst part is that I did exactly the thing that I was peeved about, and reacted with a vehement reply which as I've said has NO place whatsoever on a Christian forum.
I really am sorry for my hypocrisy and for any damage this has done to the integrity of the forum.
Blessings in Christ to you all
paul

The little black triangle on the bottom left of the post is a wonderful tool to cull posts that are over the line.

Without my asking for help due to being a newbie here, Reba stepped in, and gave a spanking to some posters. I am sure that she will do likewise for you if you ask her.

No one should have to endure the foolish prattle of the self-important and rude egotists who have a minus score on the compassion and empathy scales.

Back