Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Well i think that's it for me. Deeply saddened.

Paul, are you keeping tabs on the Holden Cruze? http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/cruze

Looks really impressive so far, and completely made in Australia, I believe. Only Holden vehicle apart from the Commodore that's made entirely in Oz.

The Volt seems to be going well for an electric. I don't think the industry is ready yet, but it seems a good leap forward.

nick, you should ask jeff on that. its 40k for that car, and 8k for the battery that might last 8 years. not gonna get that from a battery in florida. we have an electric fork lift.

so how does one have an electric semi? gotta haul loads somehow. and electric can do it but it needs to be charged. someway someone will have done this

http://www.nedra.com/

so people wont waste power to get a thrill? nah we humans dont do that.

humans dont need to fly, yet some brothers wanted to try.

Ha ha ha, too much on the acronyms lol! Brings me back to my racing days at the track! I used to have a mean 68 GTO with 270 limited slip rear end that ran low 13:10's. Think I hit 13:8 one time... Didn't even hit 3rd gear most of the time in the quarter either. Ahh, VHT, those were the days!

I've been doing Insanity for I'm thinking 6 or 7 weeks. My 13 year old son is an elite wrestler and he even said I'm a lot stronger. BTW, I'm a runner. Absolutly love running but have never raced anything more than a half marathon. Still trying to break 20 minutes in a 5k. Came close... 20:10. I'll break it next spring!

Nick,
The Volt is a pure electric car that runs on the battery. When the battery gets low, an on board gasoline generator kicks in to keep the battery charged.

As far as racing goes, and I can't speak for the last few years, but Pontiac was winning all the NHRA Funny Car trophies....

lol. an a hunter. lets hit up MOPAR.

Most Original Parts Are Replaced

Cant Heary Rich Yuppie Screaming Let Er RIP.

Nick , left 2005, went back for 2 weeks in 2008 but only stayed 6 days before I'd had enough and missed Thailand. Haven't been back since. With Skype, emails and phone, don't have to miss out on family. Hyundais have come a long way from the lemons they were when they first went global. Very popular in LOS
Any reason you don't live here anymore?

nick, you should ask jeff on that. its 40k for that car, and 8k for the battery that might last 8 years. not gonna get that from a battery in florida. we have an electric fork lift.

so how does one have an electric semi? gotta haul loads somehow. and electric can do it but it needs to be charged. someway someone will have done this

http://www.nedra.com/

so people wont waste power to get a thrill? nah we humans dont do that.

humans dont need to fly, yet some brothers wanted to try.

most engine devolopement comes from racing and or war.

Jason, I never said non-electric and fuel inefficient vehicles shouoldn't be allowed. I said for the averatge person they don't need a monster V8 vehicle.

I'm well aware - and I believe I said in my post - that the technology for electric vehicles has a long way to go to be a proper replacement. I am excited to see it's getting some more attention and R&D

Nick,
The Volt is a pure electric car that runs on the battery. When the battery gets low, an on board gasoline generator kicks in to keep the battery charged.

As far as racing goes, and I can't speak for the last few years, but Pontiac was winning all the NHRA Funny Car trophies....

Do you mean LPG?

dont need? nick, ever heard of hobbies? try pulling a trailer with up and down mountians with 7% grade with a 4 cylinder. it wont last long doin that day in and day out. some people own horses? others race etc.if i lived in nc i wouldnt have a 4cyl. my truck cant handle the mountains well.it lags. i loose 5th gear and cant stay in it. lugs the engine. so i loose mpg.

most people dont drive 8 cylinder as you say. myths sheesh.but alot do for various reasons.im sorry if i feel if i want to buy a gas waster then i should have the right to do that.the local theatre(amc) that is at the mall wastes so much power that it would probably negate any electric cars greeness. it comes from coal or nuke, mainly coal. it has a bill of 250000 usd monthy in power. we dont need movies nor any large sport event that do that do we?

i wonder what the next green thing will be. i should do a thread on computer waste and how toxic silicon wafers are and well we dont need the fastest internet acessing phone now do we?

dont need? nick, ever heard of hobbies? try pulling a trailer with up and down mountians with 7% grade with a 4 cylinder. it wont last long doin that day in and day out. some people own horses? others race etc.if i lived in nc i wouldnt have a 4cyl. my truck cant handle the mountains well.it lags. i loose 5th gear and cant stay in it. lugs the engine. so i loose mpg.

most people dont drive 8 cylinder as you say. myths sheesh.but alot do for various reasons.im sorry if i feel if i want to buy a gas waster then i should have the right to do that.the local theatre(amc) that is at the mall wastes so much power that it would probably negate any electric cars greeness. it comes from coal or nuke, mainly coal. it has a bill of 250000 usd monthy in power. we dont need movies nor any large sport event that do that do we?

i wonder what the next green thing will be. i should do a thread on computer waste and how toxic silicon wafers are and well we dont need the fastest internet acessing phone now do we?

Oh my goodness Jason, please read my post again. I said that People should be able to drive gas guzzlers if they want. I also said that most people don't need one. But I'm not going to legislate on that.

ok. , well here the average person i know has raced.
my father in law
three coworkers
brother in law.

florida has 6 race tracks that i know of. its really that common here.my father has raced on florida's beaches in model t's that he modified.if i had the money and time i would be buying a car and doing the same too.

theres a whole lot of things we dont need. phones being one of them that seem to do more and more useless things. imho.i wont buy a new one unless i have too.

Any reason you don't live here anymore?

When I last lived there I was working on the rigs. Fly in fly out. Working 28 on 28 off 12 hours /day sometimes if we had a well control problem the hours could go out to 16 /shift. I was on the drill floor so it's very hard yakka. The money was good until you get home and the OZ government rewarded my hard work in a statistically dangerous job by taxing me 42% yes FORTY TWO PERCENT! Couple that with spiraling crime, a police state (WA), overpaid,overfed politicians,tax breaks for the wealthiest and redneck racists (including Perth immigration who accused my Thai wife of being a prostitute....yes security had to be called but he did have to apologize..fines were worth it) at every corner and it was enough for me.
BTW, now I pay 7% tax no matter how much I earn :)
Sorry to go off on a rant there but even today it makes my blood boil.

Gasoline is what the Americans call Petrol, in Thailand it's Benzine, but now most people, me included use 91 or 95 octane Gasohol, cleaner burn, less build up on valves and seats etc. It's made from the roots of the Cassava plant which is also where tapioca starch comes from. Huge cash crop here catching up to rice year by year.

I agree, letting these bully's chace you away is giving them what they want. If you think they are in the wrong try and show them your way, if they persist with the intolerance leave them to it. There are good people on this site.:yes

ok. , well here the average person i know has raced.
my father in law
three coworkers
brother in law.

florida has 6 race tracks that i know of. its really that common here.my father has raced on florida's beaches in model t's that he modified.if i had the money and time i would be buying a car and doing the same too.
Yeah, racing's big Sydney too. I'm not saying that shouldn't be allowed. I'm saying that your average person doesn't race and therefore when the technology for electric is good, then why not get one?

theres a whole lot of things we dont need. phones being one of them that seem to do more and more useless things. imho.i wont buy a new one unless i have too.
That's different though. I'm not saying don't get a car at all. I'm saying I would prefer it if people bought more fuel efficient cars (and that is the trend anyway).

When I last lived there I was working on the rigs. Fly in fly out. Working 28 on 28 off 12 hours /day sometimes if we had a well control problem the hours could go out to 16 /shift. I was on the drill floor so it's very hard yakka. The money was good until you get home and the OZ government rewarded my hard work in a statistically dangerous job by taxing me 42% yes FORTY TWO PERCENT! Couple that with spiraling crime, a police state (WA), overpaid,overfed politicians,tax breaks for the wealthiest and redneck racists (including Perth immigration who accused my Thai wife of being a prostitute....yes security had to be called but he did have to apologize..fines were worth it) at every corner and it was enough for me.
BTW, now I pay 7% tax no matter how much I earn :)
Sorry to go off on a rant there but even today it makes my blood boil.

Gasoline is what the Americans call Petrol, in Thailand it's Benzine, but now most people, me included use 91 or 95 octane Gasohol, cleaner burn, less build up on valves and seats etc. It's made from the roots of the Cassava plant which is also where tapioca starch comes from. Huge cash crop here catching up to rice year by year.
Ok. never been to WA. A police state in what way?

That's pretty bad, about your wife. I'm sorry about that.

Ok. never been to WA. A police state in what way?
Petty, revenue raising laws instead of catching the real bad guys. Different by-laws between shires, so unless you're wellversed in the laws your open to the BIB rocking up to your house and handing youa ticket.
My mums 82 during summer water restrictions last year ON the !ST day, she had forgotten to change her reticulation timer to the allotted day. A jumped up little son so of a council desk jockey driving around the suburb saw her sprinklers on. Rather than give her a caution, he berated her as loudly as possible and ranted that it is people like her the make everyone suffer. My bro and sister felt the same way I do now and they went to court about it. Bottom line , the judge then repeated the beration of my mother and fined her an additional 500 plus the councils court costs. The little so n so we found out was 32 years old. In my bad old days,he would be black and blue and seriously reconsidering his manners.
Anyhow to cut along story short,if you're wealthy, a crim or a public servant you'll be ok. The rest of the population will take up the slack...
Okay I've gotta go and pray now because I've just worked myself up and am having dark thoughts.....really
Blessings to all

Petty, revenue raising laws instead of catching the real bad guys. Different by-laws between shires, so unless you're wellversed in the laws your open to the BIB rocking up to your house and handing youa ticket.
My mums 82 during summer water restrictions last year ON the !ST day, she had forgotten to change her reticulation timer to the allotted day. A jumped up little son so of a council desk jockey driving around the suburb saw her sprinklers on. Rather than give her a caution, he berated her as loudly as possible and ranted that it is people like her the make everyone suffer. My bro and sister felt the same way I do now and they went to court about it. Bottom line , the judge then repeated the beration of my mother and fined her an additional 500 plus the councils court costs. The little so n so we found out was 32 years old. In my bad old days,he would be black and blue and seriously reconsidering his manners.
Anyhow to cut along story short,if you're wealthy, a crim or a public servant you'll be ok. The rest of the population will take up the slack...
Okay I've gotta go and pray now because I've just worked myself up and am having dark thoughts.....really
Blessings to all
Wow, that's terrible. We had water restrictions until a few years ago but they were never as Nazi as that. :gah

nick, it for price of the volt(40k usd) i can buy a house of my size that i paying four times the amount. if one only goes less then 30 miles a day. keep the car you have and ride a bike.i have rode my bike to work. save money and gas. make more sense to do that then spend that amount and take 10 years get that amount of money back. not to mention HIGHER electric bills. gotta charge it.

oh and paul its the same here with water restrictions. they just dont take you to court to fine you or enforce it. but when they do often the wealthy are overlooked.

nick, it for price of the volt(40k usd) i can buy a house of my size that i paying four times the amount. if one only goes less then 30 miles a day. keep the car you have and ride a bike.i have rode my bike to work. save money and gas. make more sense to do that then spend that amount and take 10 years get that amount of money back. not to mention HIGHER electric bills. gotta charge it.
I'm not denying that electric cars are not practical or economically wise. Hybrid cars are even worse, I believe. I've been told that they take about 50 years to pay off.

The rich always seem to be overlooked.

LPG / CNG are better options, they burn a lot cleaner and are cheaper to produce and buy. Also methanol and ethanol are clean alternatives. I run 91 octane gasohol here and every second tank, run 95 octane gasohol because it has extra polymer lubricants added to improve valve seat and seal life.
They are now building gas stations that sell CNG / LPG exclusively, no diesel, no benzine.
When I left perth, they had just started using buses than ran on hydrogen catalyst engines (Benz I think) the only emission from them is water vapour. It's funny sitting behind them at the lights watching steam rising into the air like a modern day western movie. I once thought a clever entrepeneur, could instal a coffee bar in the back of the bus and use the steam for making the yuppy commuters their organically grown, free trade, triple frappe mocha jaffa mint twist lattes at $5 a cup.

Nice to know somewhere in the world Hydrogen is taking off. Obama killed the Hydrogen program less than 90 days into his first term... but we really don't need to go there lol!

GM is now giving the option for LPG hybreds on their truck line. It's an 11,000 option. One could sure buy a lot of gasoline for 11 grand... Sometimes I really wonder if they're serious, but then, I know better. (puts hand over mouth). Gad I can't wait for stocks in GM to go up...

e-85 is dying a slow death here in the USA.

e-85? is that 85 octane ethanol? Sorry not familiar with that one.
The hydrogen thing will always be hard to get into really mainstream because my former employers (Shell, BP, Texaco etc) run a constant campaign of disinformation about it because they know if it took off and received the funding for development it deserves they would be Kaput.If they used their collective brains,they'd see it as an opportunity and start R & D on it. Ha! Yeah, like that'll happen

Back