Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are You Trusting in for Your Salvation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No not Christ alone
Union with Christ the only mediator but also brings union with God and all His saints.
We don’t believe not believe in Christ
Jn 5:24
Rom 4:24

So we must have union with Christ, how do we obtain this union

You cannot enter on your own

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

2 pet 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Thanks
John 3:5-7 is our Spiritual union with God and His Son Christ Jesus

John 5:19-29 is about the authority of Christ being the Son of God.

Romans 4:13-25 is about the promise of God that we are heirs through the righteouness of faith

2 Peter 1:3-15 is about confirming your calling and what God has elected to you for the purpose of His ministry here on earth.

When you read the full context of scripture instead of just one verse you will see in those scriptures our union is with God and His Son Christ Jesus.

Yes he was cos the new covenant is universal

Covenants
Adam: marrige
Noah: family
Abraham: tribe
Moses: nation
Jesus Christ: universal

Baptized into the new covenant church the body yes!

Thanks
God's covenant of grace is given to all who will accept His free gift as there is no works towards something that is freely given.

Is the authority of the apostles only in what they wrote?
2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
Thanks
Of course not, as like John, they had much to say face to face with the elders of the Church teaching them the truths of God's word so they would not be deceived by strange doctrines. We do not have the Apostles today, but we have their collective letters that make up the NT and anointed Spirit led teachers that have been gifted by the Holy Spirit to teach us. Not every Pastor or Priest are anointed and equipped by the Holy Spirit, but only appointed by a Protestant board of Directors and in the case with the Catholic Church are elected by the Holy See and the Pope.

John 3:5-7 is our Spiritual union with God and His Son Christ Jesus

John 5:19-29 is about the authority of Christ being the Son of God.

Romans 4:13-25 is about the promise of God that we are heirs through the righteouness of faith

2 Peter 1:3-15 is about confirming your calling and what God has elected to you for the purpose of His ministry here on earth.

When you read the full context of scripture instead of just one verse you will see in those scriptures our union is with God and His Son Christ Jesus.
Thru baptismal regeneration which is part of the Christian faith we must believe. Thanks

I'm not trusting God for anything. I have been adopted, and now I am basking in His love.

(Am I in the right thread?)

God's covenant of grace is given to all who will accept His free gift as there is no works towards something that is freely given.
Matt 12:35-37

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Rom 2:5-7

4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

“Faith alone” Without Charity?

Deut. 6:5
5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1 cor 13:2 all faith without charity avails nothing.

1 cor 13:12 now abide faith, hope, and charity, and the greatest of these is charity.

If salvation was by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!!!

If we are saved by faith alone then when we first believed we would be saved?

Romans 13:11
…our salvation nearer than when we believed.

James 5:20
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Of course not, as like John, they had much to say face to face with the elders of the Church teaching them the truths of God's word so they would not be deceived by strange doctrines. We do not have the Apostles today, but we have their collective letters that make up the NT and anointed Spirit led teachers that have been gifted by the Holy Spirit to teach us. Not every Pastor or Priest are anointed and equipped by the Holy Spirit, but only appointed by a Protestant board of Directors and in the case with the Catholic Church are elected by the Holy See and the Pope.
Yes apostles till Christ returns Matt 28:19-20 acts 1:8 bishops are the successors of the apostles with the priests they ordain
Thanks

Matt 12:35-37

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Rom 2:5-7

4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

“Faith alone” Without Charity?

Deut. 6:5
5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1 cor 13:2 all faith without charity avails nothing.

1 cor 13:12 now abide faith, hope, and charity, and the greatest of these is charity.

If salvation was by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!!!

If we are saved by faith alone then when we first believed we would be saved?

Romans 13:11
…our salvation nearer than when we believed.

James 5:20
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.
We have been over this many times with you, but your one liner verses do not even support what you say.

The thread is about what are you trusting in for your salvation. Stay on topic please.

Yes apostles till Christ returns Matt 28:19-20 acts 1:8 bishops are the successors of the apostles with the priests they ordain
Thanks
More Roman Catholic dogma. Please keep your Catholic postings in the Catholic forum for discussing. Thank you.

In relation to justification by faith alone, the place of works is found in Ephesians chapter 2. Justification is by grace through faith, not from yourself and not by works. It is by faith alone since all human efforts are excluded here, Ephesians 2:8, 9. Ephesians goes on to say that every person who has faith is to produce good works according to God's plan Ephesians 2:10. We know also that faith without works is dead faith. These works, however, are not a cause for forgiveness, but a result of forgiveness. Faith alone justifies, but faith is never alone as it is followed by good works. The works of love are the goal of the saving faith, 1 Timothy 1:5.

James 1:16-18 clearly teaches that the recipients of the letter have been justified by God through the saving gospel which is Christ Jesus who is our faith. James also taught in James 2:14-26 that faith is dead within us if not followed by good works as it takes faith and good works to justify us. It begins with faith alone when we first accept Jesus as Lord and Savior entering into a better covenant by God's grace and then we become his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

BY GRACE through faith. Grace is a gift of God and does not have its origin in man. It is NOT something man does...

—> “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.(Eph 2:8-10)

As St. Paul explicitly states, grace is NOT (an absolute negative) a work man does. Rather, it is a gift of God. (cf Eph 2:8-9)

If you believe man is saved by faith alone, then you must believe a faith without works - what Scripture calls a dead faith - is a salvific one.

The OP says "What are You Trusting in for Your Salvation?" That is a meaningless statement. It should be "Whom are You Trusting in for Your Salvation?"

The OP says "What are You Trusting in for Your Salvation?" That is a meaningless statement. It should be "Whom are You Trusting in for Your Salvation?"
Is salvation a doctrine? “Faith alone”
A sacrifice? “Union thru sacraments”
A person? “Jesus Christ”
All three faith, sacraments, in Christ who is our salvation Lk 2:30
Thanks

Many are trusting in their baptism to save them, while others are trusting in the Catholic church to save them. In Judaism they believe that they are saved by keeping the law. The Pentecostals believe that they are saved if they speak in tongues. The cults all believe that they are saved by their works. Calvinist think that predestination is what saved them. There are a lot of "What's".

BY GRACE through faith. Grace is a gift of God and does not have its origin in man. It is NOT something man does...

—> “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.(Eph 2:8-10)

As St. Paul explicitly states, grace is NOT (an absolute negative) a work man does. Rather, it is a gift of God. (cf Eph 2:8-9)

If you believe man is saved by faith alone, then you must believe a faith without works - what Scripture calls a dead faith - is a salvific one.
We have gone over this so many times. No one can work for something that is freely given. It begins with God's grace as faith alone in Christ is the beginning of our salvation through Him as faith works come later. Nowhere in Ephesians 2:8 will you find the word works.

Many are trusting in their baptism to save them, while others are trusting in the Catholic church to save them. In Judaism they believe that they are saved by keeping the law. The Pentecostals believe that they are saved if they speak in tongues. The cults all believe that they are saved by their works. Calvinist think that predestination is what saved them. There are a lot of "What's".
These are just platitudes. Some of which are clearly wrong. I'll leave it to you to figure out which ones.

We have gone over this so many times. No one can work for something that is freely given. It begins with God's grace as faith alone in Christ is the beginning of our salvation through Him as faith works come later. Nowhere in Ephesians 2:8 will you find the word works.
Paradoxically for you, nowhere in Ephesians 2:8 will you find the words "faith alone".

Land the plane: If you believe we are saved by faith alone, then you must believe a faith without works - what Scripture calls a dead faith - is a salvific one.

Back