Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are You Trusting in for Your Salvation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Paradoxically for you, nowhere in Ephesians 2:8 will you find the words "faith alone".

Land the plane: If you believe we are saved by faith alone, then you must believe a faith without works - what Scripture calls a dead faith - is a salvific one.
Christ saves. Works following are the evidence of salvation, so a living faith.

Works are NOT evidence of salvation.

I know of some cultist that can outshine most Christians.
Faith and works go together. Faith comes first, and that is what the cultists lack.
So, the 64,000-dollar question to ask is, "do you believe in God?" If the answer is NO, they are not saved. Faith means everything and works, as far as salvation is concerned, counts for nothing.

Last edited:
Many are trusting in their baptism to save them, while others are trusting in the Catholic church to save them. In Judaism they believe that they are saved by keeping the law. The Pentecostals believe that they are saved if they speak in tongues. The cults all believe that they are saved by their works. Calvinist think that predestination is what saved them. There are a lot of "What's".
Lk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation.

Thanks

Faith and works go together. Faith comes first, and that is what the cultists lack.
So, the 64,000-dollar question to ask is, "do you believe in God?" If the answer is NO, they are not saved, faith means everything and works, as far as salvation is concerned, means nothing.
Can you be saved by faith alone? Or faith and baptism? Thanks

Can you be saved by faith alone? Or faith and baptism? Thanks
I gave my life to the Lord as a small child and prayed that Jesus would come into my heart (Revelation 3:20) and save me from sin. From that moment, I was safe in the arms of Jesus. A few years later, I asked to be baptised in water when I heard there was to be a baptismal service. It was a public declaration of what I had done privately in my room, and I felt as though I was walking on air all the way home. So yes, we are saved when we commit our life to Jesus, but being baptised for me was another step in my Christian growth.

I gave my life to the Lord as a small child and prayed that Jesus would come into my heart (Revelation 3:20) and save me from sin. From that moment, I was safe in the arms of Jesus. A few years later, I asked to be baptised in water when I heard there was to be a baptismal service. It was a public declaration of what I had done privately in my room, and I felt as though I was walking on air all the way home. So yes, we are saved when we commit our life to Jesus, but being baptised for me was another step in my Christian growth.
Did baptism wash away your sins?

Did baptism wash away your sins?
No, it is the blood of Jesus that washes away our sins. Just coming to Jesus and repenting of your sins is fine, but such people often fall away for not making that commitment to follow him all the days of their life. And for me, when I was baptised by total immersion, it was like I was making that commitment.

No, it is the blood of Jesus that washes away our sins. Just coming to Jesus and repenting of your sins is fine, but such people often fall away for not making that commitment to follow him all the days of their life. And for me, when I was baptised by total immersion, it was like I was making that commitment.
Jn 14:6 you right
The way we must follow:
The truth we must believe:
The life of God in us by grace:

The merits of the blood of Jesus are applied to our souls in baptism acts 22:16 thanks

What am i trusting in for salvation. Well number 1 would have to be that Jesus rose from the dead. Without that where is my trust and hope in salvation. It is all just a scam and Jesus was a liar otherwise.

Christianity was founded on the resurrection of Christ. Without that Christianity is nothing.

If someone says they are the truth and then says they will die and 3 days later they will rise from the dead, if that person dies and 3 days later rises from the dead. Im going to believe and trust what that person said.

Would be easy for his eye witness disciples as they seen him and believed, a lot harder otherwise, but then think about this, if his eyewitness followers in those days were willing to suffer persecution holding onto there claim about what they seen and witnessed Jesus raised from the dead, then im going to believe they seen what they claimed they seen. Many multiple sources.

If it was just a lie they wouldn't suffer persecution if they knew was just a lie they also could have just denied and lived there life in peace with no more problem. This Jesus fellow died and that's the end of the story everyone moves on, ok maybe a God due or maybe a prophet. But then he would be a false prophet because he claimed he would be persecuted and then raise from the dead 3 days later.

Look at Peter before the ressurection. No, no, never seen the guy don't know him. You sure I seen you with him, no, no never met the dude. Lol. The before Peter and after ressurection Peter.

Before Paul and After Paul. There is no way Paul would have changed and done and went through what he went through if it was just a lie and he knew it was a lie. He's not going to persecute himself and lock himself in chains and take beatings and all that for a lie. He was high up in the ranks living a good life and eating well.

Last edited:
Paradoxically for you, nowhere in Ephesians 2:8 will you find the words "faith alone".

Land the plane: If you believe we are saved by faith alone, then you must believe a faith without works - what Scripture calls a dead faith - is a salvific one.
Justification is by grace through faith, not from yourself and not by works. It is by faith alone since all human efforts are excluded here, Ephesians 2:8, 9. Ephesians goes on to say that every person who has faith is to produce good works according to God's plan Ephesians 2:10. We know also that faith without works is dead faith. These works, however, are not a cause for forgiveness, but a result of forgiveness. Faith alone justifies, but faith is never alone as it is followed by good works. The works of love are the goal of the saving faith, 1 Timothy 1:5.

James 1:16-18 clearly teaches that the recipients of the letter have been justified by God through the saving gospel which is Christ Jesus who is our faith. James also taught in James 2:14-26 that faith is dead within us if not followed by good works as it takes faith and good works to justify us. It begins with faith alone when we first accept Jesus as Lord and Savior entering into a better covenant by God's grace and then we become his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Works are NOT evidence of salvation.

I know of some cultist that can outshine most Christians.
Then you have never heard of faith works continuing in the works of the Lord after we first believed by faith in Christ Jesus.

To say faith without works is dead is the same as saying faith without love is dead for the works we do unto the Lord are our labor of love for others as in Matthew 25:34-40. It's the same labor of love Christ did for us. Faith is action and if it has no fruit it is a false faith. James is not speaking about one who has faith, but one who claims to have faith. It's like giving lip service, but the heart is empty and void of God. Just because one claims to have faith doesn't mean they do, especially if there is no fruit to judge in them as that is how we judge one another, Matthew 7:15-23. We are saved by faith (Christ Jesus) through that of Gods grace (favor) as we can not earn it, but confess it.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Jn 14:6 you right
The way we must follow:
The truth we must believe:
The life of God in us by grace:

The merits of the blood of Jesus are applied to our souls in baptism acts 22:16 thanks
Dirty river water can not save anyone. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Justification is by grace through faith, not from yourself and not by works. It is by faith alone since all human efforts are excluded here, Ephesians 2:8, 9. Ephesians goes on to say that every person who has faith is to produce good works according to God's plan Ephesians 2:10. We know also that faith without works is dead faith. These works, however, are not a cause for forgiveness, but a result of forgiveness. Faith alone justifies, but faith is never alone as it is followed by good works. The works of love are the goal of the saving faith, 1 Timothy 1:5.

James 1:16-18 clearly teaches that the recipients of the letter have been justified by God through the saving gospel which is Christ Jesus who is our faith. James also taught in James 2:14-26 that faith is dead within us if not followed by good works as it takes faith and good works to justify us. It begins with faith alone when we first accept Jesus as Lord and Savior entering into a better covenant by God's grace and then we become his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Yes but all that is useless without Jesus ressurection. Why should I care or believe what they say if Jesus didn't rise from the dead. They would all be just liars and I don't trust and believe liars.

Yes but all that is useless without Jesus ressurection. Why should I care or believe what they say if Jesus didn't rise from the dead. They would all be just liars and I don't trust and believe liars.
None of that is useless, but only to those who do not believe in the risen Christ. We know the word of God is true, but every man apart from truth is a liar.

None of that is useless, but only to those who do not believe in the risen Christ. We know the word of God is true, but every man apart from truth is a liar.

Exactly. You just confirmed what I was saying. Without belief in the risen Christ as the foundation then there is no truth.

The Cross is the most symbolic and meaningful in Christianity but the ressurection is what backs it up. Without the resurrection what is the Cross. Some regular dude just died in the past like every other regular dude. His rise from the dead is the hope and life.

The original post says what are trusting in for salvation.

Is it the Cross?. The belief in the ressurection of Christ is what backs up the Cross and Jesus walk and talk and gives life and hope. Without that what is everything before it?

Paul talks about he preach Christ crucified, but without the ressurection of Christ, what is Christ crucified?. Nothing. If Jesus didn't rise from the dead he's a joker.

Last edited:
Back