Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What authority does Satan have as the accuser?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"There is only one lawgiver and judge—the One who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you who judges your neighbor?"
James 4:12 TLV

Since it is God who does the judging and it is He who does the saving or destroying, the only authority Satan could possibly have as the accuser, is the law by which God does the judging.

Also, because God is righteous, any accusations must be true if they are to condemn, therefore Satan has no authority as an accuser if we are innocent of the accusations. Sometimes it requires faith on our part to trust that, in order to have the peace of mind knowing that God is judging us innocent even if others don't.

Do you believe that God brings sickness to the born again?
Do you believe that God makes His born again children die in Cancer wards screaming till they can't scream anymore, for example?
If He doesn't, that would make sense.... as "we were healed by the Stripes of Jesus.", according to Isaiah.
So, if God is causing sickness, and Jesus died to heal the born again of their sickness, and if Jesus was healing sickness on earth.... and if Jesus is God.......then any theology that accuses God of causing what Jesus was healing, is the worst sort of demonic cult, isn't it?

and.....Christ said that the sick have a "spirit of infirmity", and demon's are to be "cast out"... so, its not a leap of faith to connect those 2 dots to Satan.

Also, in this world, on "christian" forums, in churches, on TV, in MEDIA, ......you'll find that people that lie against you, can cause you some serious harm and hurt.
Did you know that people on forums, of the same denomination, will use the "report this post" as a team to try to get a member banned? = Really.
These "christians"...Hahah..... actually pm each other and plan it, and manipulate Mods this way. And it can be that the Mods team up with a few members to create a "rule violation" situation for another member, that gets them banned.
Did you know that this happens on "christian" forums?
It happens everyday.

I was 6-month banned recently, exactly this same way.
Let me describe it.

1.) Durning the recent Palestinian 1000+ Rockets bombing of Israel, someone wrote a Thread on an "Australian Christian Forum" that blamed Israel. So, i responded and was very direct, and a handful of members, who hate Jews, "reported me" as a group, and = "banned".

2.) I was on a 2nd forum......and i gave my Testimony, that included how God showed me some things about HOW to discern Truth. And a member said that "you sound like Joseph Smith, (Mormons) as He also asked God some questions"..
So, i landed on this person with some force, after they told me they had been saved for "49" yrs, and I told them that after 49 yrs they should be able to discern the difference between me who always talks about the blood of Jesus, and this lying hell bound mormon heretic"..

Result= ......."Reported numerous times"...>"not showing respect"... "Not showing Love"........banned.

I slept well that night......

So, that is how it can be with you deal with 3 yr olds who have no business teaching on a "christian" forum.

As i was saying.. the power of the lie, is very great, and very grievous, especially when many are "in on it", all acting in collusion.

Women use "Lies" to create court cases so that they can be paid alimony, and $$$$$$$ settlements, valued at multiplied millions.

In the very early 70's there was a guitar player, actor (Jerry Reed) who wrote a song about it. Its funny.

"She got the Gold mine, and i got the Shaft".

Political parties lie about Supreme court nominees and presidential candidates so that they can associate them with the lie, by the constant repeating of it, until people believe it.

Last edited:
It comes from not walking in obedience to God's commands.

I asked you why you couldn't seem to identify the Law as the authority, or otherwise simply refuse to, but you answered by saying it's because you're not walking in obedience to God's commands? Are you being rebellious? The Man of Sin is nothing without the Laws of God to stand upon. The Laws of God, written and engraved in stone. The Laws of God, etched in ink onto a scroll; the Scripture, the words of God written in the pages of the book. These are what Satan claims as his authority.

Why this emphasis on 'authority' given to satan?

It not authority given, it is authority taken; and that authority is the Law and the Word of God.

Why the emphasis? Because it appears as though there are some who just quote you scripture verse after scripture verse trying to tell us a story about the Man of Sin, and Satan.... the Accuser of the brethren, but show little understanding of that for which they take as their authority.

The Man of Sin sits in the temple of God showing HIMSELF that he is God? How does one show themself that they are God? How do they exult themselves above all that is called God??

By reading the word of God as if it's written in stone and then setting themselves in judgement over it, and in judgement over others.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

It not authority given, it is authority taken; and that authority is the Law and the Word of God.

Why the emphasis? Because it appears as though there are some who just quote you scripture verse after scripture verse trying to tell us a story about the Man of Sin, and Satan.... the Accuser of the brethren, but show little understanding of that for which they take as their authority.

The Man of Sin sits in the temple of God showing HIMSELF that he is God? How does one show themself that they are God? How do they exult themselves above all that is called God??

By reading the word of God as if it's written in stone and then setting themselves in judgement over it, and in judgement over others.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Your question in post #(13) was 'what gives satan the authority'. The title of your thread is 'what authority does satan have'. So I don't understand why you say now 'it is not authority given, it is authority taken'.

To say 'it is authority taken', really makes no sense. I would say that is an oxymoron. If authority has not been given, then one has no authority. And satan cannot take authority from God.

satan does not act as one under the authority of God. he acts as one opposed to God's authority. As will his man the antichrist.

The Word of God doesn't give satan any authority. he is equally opposed to God's Word just as he is God.

Quantrill

Your question in post #(13) was 'what gives satan the authority'. The title of your thread is 'what authority does satan have'. So I don't understand why you say now 'it is not authority given, it is authority taken'.

I didn't create the title of the tread. If you would have paid attention, the moderators created it and broke if off from another thread, so it is what it is.

Adam "took" the fruit from the tree of knowledge. The fruit of the tree of knowledge "gave" Adam the ability to judge as God.

Jesus said of the Pharisees they were of their father the devil. Where they opposed to Gods "Written Word" or just the Word of God in Christ?

I didn't create the title of the tread. If you would have paid attention, the moderators created it and broke if off from another thread, so it is what it is.

Adam "took" the fruit from the tree of knowledge. The fruit of the tree of knowledge "gave" Adam the ability to judge as God.

Jesus said of the Pharisees they were of their father the devil. Where they opposed to Gods "Written Word" or just the Word of God in Christ?

If you paid attention, you asked in post #(13), 'what gives satan the authority'. Thus my question to you remains unanswered. Why do you now say it is authority taken?

Nothing else you say pertains to my question.

You don't show an understanding of authority in your posts.

Quantrill

I asked you why you couldn't seem to identify the Law as the authority, or otherwise simply refuse to, but you answered by saying it's because you're not walking in obedience to God's commands? Are you being rebellious? The Man of Sin is nothing without the Laws of God to stand upon. The Laws of God, written and engraved in stone. The Laws of God, etched in ink onto a scroll; the Scripture, the words of God written in the pages of the book. These are what Satan claims as his authority.
God's laws are His authority by His sovereignty. We submit ourselves to His authority, but Satan walks by his own authority as he does not submit to God, but rebels against Him.

I'm not being rebellious, but trying to answer your question. I'm not sure what answer you are looking for.

Here is your question you ask me: As the Accuser, what do you think Satan claims as his authority?
My answer: Satan claims his own authority as he has no regard to God's authority or laws.

Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy. Do you see this as Satan being obedient to God's authority? Do you see the hardened hearts of men submitting to God's authority?

Those who are God's own surrender their selves to God submitting to His power and authority as they walk in obedience to God's commands.

Reactions: JLB
If you paid attention, you asked in post #(13), 'what gives satan the authority'. Thus my question to you remains unanswered. Why do you now say it is authority taken?

Nothing else you say pertains to my question.

You don't show an understanding of authority in your posts.

Quantrill

What authority gives you or for_his_glory the provision to condemn homosexuality?

Here is your question you ask me: As the Accuser, what do you think Satan claims as his authority?
My answer: Satan claims his own authority as he has no regard to God's authority or laws.

Why do you say Satan has no regard to God's Laws? If Satan had no regard for God's Laws, then going back to Rev 12:9-12, by what measure would Satan have used to accuse the brethren of SIN?

Do you believe that God brings sickness to the born again?
Romans 13:10 & 1 John 4:8 seem to suggest that it's impossible for God to do that.
Do you believe that God makes His born again children die in Cancer wards screaming till they can't scream anymore, for example?
Obviously not, because God gave up His only son so that we can be doing the same works as He did. What stops us from doing those works? Is it God?
If He doesn't, that would make sense.... as "we were healed by the Stripes of Jesus.", according to Isaiah.
So, if God is causing sickness, and Jesus died to heal the born again of their sickness, and if Jesus was healing sickness on earth.... and if Jesus is God.......then any theology that accuses God of causing what Jesus was healing, is the worst sort of demonic cult, isn't it?
Yes I would say that it is a demonic mentality (exactly as James 3:15 puts it), and it does happen. Whether it's a cult is something I wouldn't like to agree to, because you can find that thinking among members of typical churches that aren't considered cults. Would you like to begin a new thread to discuss what a cult is?
and.....Christ said that the sick have a "spirit of infirmity", and demon's are to be "cast out"... so, its not a leap of faith to connect those 2 dots to Satan.
Could you please show me those scriptures?
Also, in this world, on "christian" forums, in churches, on TV, in MEDIA, ......you'll find that people that lie against you, can cause you some serious harm and hurt.
Yes, I am aware of that.
Did you know that people on forums, of the same denomination, will use the "report this post" as a team to try to get a member banned? = Really.
These "christians"...Hahah..... actually pm each other and plan it, and manipulate Mods this way. And it can be that the Mods team up with a few members to create a "rule violation" situation for another member, that gets them banned.
Did you know that this happens on "christian" forums?
It happens everyday.
I can imagine it does, but I haven't actually seen such conspiracies happening in full view. I have noticed the subtle scheming that you can only identify if you understand how the speaker's words are having an impact on the reader while the words themselves don't appear to be having that impact. It is true that those who conspire are aware that they need to be careful so that they don't get caught, so they really do have no excuse in light of the truth. That's why Proverbs 19:9 warns that they will perish.
I was 6-month banned recently, exactly this same way.
Let me describe it.

1.) Durning the recent Palestinian 1000+ Rockets bombing of Israel, someone wrote a Thread on an "Australian Christian Forum" that blamed Israel. So, i responded and was very direct, and a handful of members, who hate Jews, "reported me" as a group, and = "banned".

2.) I was on a 2nd forum......and i gave my Testimony, that included how God showed me some things about HOW to discern Truth. And a member said that "you sound like Joseph Smith, (Mormons) as He also asked God some questions"..
So, i landed on this person with some force, after they told me they had been saved for "49" yrs, and I told them that after 49 yrs they should be able to discern the difference between me who always talks about the blood of Jesus, and this lying hell bound mormon heretic"..

Result= ......."Reported numerous times"...>"not showing respect"... "Not showing Love"........banned.

I slept well that night......

So, that is how it can be with you deal with 3 yr olds who have no business teaching on a "christian" forum.
I could say so much about this, but what should I choose? Is this the right thread to be discussing this on? .. No, of course it will derail the thread, and because we are in the Theology forum the rules are quite strict to keep threads on track for the purpose of the thread.

I suppose I should say something for you though, that God is one whose justice is such that it saves those who are innocent while those who choose to do injustice will come to their end without Him. That's just the way it has to be at this stage of things. But there will come a time when the Earth will be full of the knowedge of God and all the confusion will be washed away. Then there will be the paradise and true righteousness that we all deserve. Until that time though, you can see that the one argument against the other argument when all it is are words really does nothing to prove He is with us. (John 10:37).
As i was saying.. the power of the lie, is very great, and very grievous, especially when many are "in on it", all acting in collusion.

Women use "Lies" to create court cases so that they can be paid alimony, and $$$$$$$ settlements, valued at multiplied millions.

In the very early 70's there was a guitar player, actor (Jerry Reed) who wrote a song about it. Its funny.

"She got the Gold mine, and i got the Shaft".

Political parties lie about Supreme court nominees and presidential candidates so that they can associate them with the lie, by the constant repeating of it, until people believe it.
What can I say? That's just the truth and all the problems are owed to that alone!

What authority gives you or for_his_glory the provision to condemn homosexuality?

As a Christian, I believe the Bible is the Word of God.

The Bible is given to the believer to instruct him and correct him. (2 Tim. 3:16-17) "...and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,...."

The Bible is clear about the sin of homosexuality. Therefore I hold the same opinion as the Bible does.

It is really not a question of authority. It's a question of belief.

Quantrill

I suppose I should say something for you though, that God is one whose justice is such that it saves those who are innocent
Are you trying to say that the good people go to heaven and the bad people go to hell, when in fact all people are hell bound sinners.... John 3:36..........Until they are redeemed (Made Righteous)(born again), based on the finished work of Christ on the Cross?

We have no need to judge or condemn them as God has already done that within His judgement unless they repent and turn back to Him like my cousin and so many more have done when they understood it is an abomination to God.
Leviticus 20:10-21; Romans 1:18-32

Why do you say Satan has no regard to God's Laws? If Satan had no regard for God's Laws, then going back to Rev 12:9-12, by what measure would Satan have used to accuse the brethren of SIN?
First off the war between Michael and Satan has not happened yet as Satan still goes to and fro throughout the Earth and still has access to the Throne Room of God to stand and accuse us before Him for every little mistake we make.

Does the law say to kill, steal and destroy, no, so Satan has no regard to the Laws of God as he breaks all of them.

Does the law say to kill, steal and destroy, no

YES, it does. And in many places too!

Leviticus 20:27
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Exodus 34:13
But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:

We have no need to judge or condemn them as God has already done that within His judgement

Yes, and His judgement was your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more. His commandment was to forgive one another, as he has already forgiven you.

But your eyes are still open to sin, and you wish to see others open their eyes to sin as well. Like the serpent tempting Eve in the garden to eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. See, it's written right there in ink in the pages of the book, it can't harm you, it's God's Word to us!

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made.......

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened,

YES, it does. And in many places too!

Leviticus 20:27
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Exodus 34:13
But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:

Are you under the law of Moses?

Are you under the law of Moses?

What bearing does this question have to do with the conversation? for_his_glory answered her own question with a NO when she asked does the Law says to kill, steal and destroy. I posted a few scriptures from the law where it commanded them to kill, to put to death, to destroy. Stone them to death! I'm sure you are familiar with what Jesus had to say about that.

Yes, and His judgement was your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more. His commandment was to forgive one another, as he has already forgiven you.

But your eyes are still open to sin, and you wish to see others open their eyes to sin as well. Like the serpent tempting Eve in the garden to eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. See, it's written right there in ink in the pages of the book, it can't harm you, it's God's Word to us!

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made.......

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened,
Yes, our sins are forgiven after we are Spiritually born again from above when we confess and repent of them. Grace does not give us a license to sin and if we continue in willful sin then we are not walking in obedience to God's commands and will face His fierce wrath against us. John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9-10; Hebrews 10:26-27.

We are to forgive one another when they trespass against us. But when they trespass against God rejecting His commandments then that is between them and God as they bring damnation on themselves unless they repent of their evil ways and turn back to God, Hosea 4:6-7

We do need to guard ourselves from the flesh as there is where sin dwells and our struggle with sin because we live in this fleshly body. We are only perfect in the Spirit, but not in the flesh as it can not be reconciled to God, but yet not without excuse for when we do mess up at times, God's righteousness will cover us when we repent of whatever sin we have done, Romans 8:1-8.

What bearing does this question have to do with the conversation? @for_his_glory answered her own question with a NO when she asked does the Law says to kill, steal and destroy.
You and I were talking about Satan who is not obedient to the laws of God, just in the same sense that those who are not God's own will not abide in His commands and bring God's judgement on them. Nowhere in the 613 laws does God command us to kill, steal and destroy as His greatest commandment is love.

Many battles that we read about in the OT are many that God set forth to destroy His enemies.

Back