Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What authority does Satan have as the accuser?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Satan loves to tempt us with a false gospel as he loves to use others to twist and take the true Gospel of Christ out of context for what has already been written.

What has already been written is Death. To eat from the tree of the Knowledge of good and evil is Death. The Law of Moses is a covenant with Death. The letter of the written word is Death.

Genesis 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Isaiah 28:15
Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death,
and with hell are we at agreement;
when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us:
for we have made lies our refuge,
and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Romans 7:9
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:7
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

The Law is his authority just the same as you claim the Bible as your authority.

What “law” are you referring to?

The law of Moses has been abpolished.

This is what the Spirit of Christ inspired Paul to write:

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

As for_his_glory stated, we should be turning these folks to the Lord and away from a sinful lifestyle.

But as for the OP, it almost seems like you and @for_his_glory have a different agenda. The OP is NOT about homosexuality. As a moderator yourself, why do you continue to try and derail the thread?

Here is your opening post —

ezrider:
So IF you were to say to an openly gay couple seeking to be married that they were living in sin and needed to repent to be saved; for whom would YOU be operating as an advocate for, Satan or Jesus?

Sure seems to me that you yourself did in fact make this to be about homosexuality.

JLB

What has already been written is Death. To eat from the tree of the Knowledge of good and evil is Death. The Law of Moses is a covenant with Death. The letter of the written word is Death.

The law of Moses has been abolished.

This is what the Spirit of Christ; The Spirit of life in Christ says:

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

JLB

Being a sinner is a foregone conclusion for everyone, so there is little point in trying to make (any sinner) into a non sinner because that's not going to happen

Paul claimed to be the chief of sinners, after salvation no less, using the term "I am," not was or used to be

That being said, sins are not counted against mankind, 2 Cor 5:19
Sin is in fact "of the devil," 1 John 3:8, yes even your sin is of the devil
There is no believer who is better than any other sinner, Romans 3:9

I've noted several posts claiming the Word of God is no longer valid, i.e. specifically the laws. How is it that anyone can position the Word of God against the Word of God, seeing it is the same lawgiver that became flesh as gave the laws to begin with

Had the law not said "no homosexuality" the devils would perhaps not have taken opportunity to make homosexuals, no different than the law saying to any of us "do not" yet our own minds being defiled by "evil thoughts," Matt. 15:19-20, Mark 7:21-23 and Matt. 5:28, which are also demonic activity internally, in ALL

If you think your own sinning self is not like other sinners, I'd suggest a stroll down memory lane to Luke 18 and the parable of Jesus, the pseudo religious man and the "sinner" who confessed to God he was such, and went to his home, JUSTIFIED.

Why? Because only 1 of those men told the truth, and it wasn't the religious guy

We are ALL to hate our own lives, if we are disciples, because of the presence of EVIL within us, Luke 14:26, Romans 7:21

If we can't tell the simple truth, in honesty, we are merely another lying pawn of Satan in our own flesh

Are you better than a homo?

NOPE!

Are you better than a homo?

NOPE!

Maybe that’s true for you, but not for those who are Christ’s.

You have a strange theolog.

Sexually immoral people go to the lake of fire.

Those who are Christ’s dwell with Him forever.

JLB

Just to be clear, you are claiming you are sinless?

I am claiming that I’m not a sinner.

A sinner is a person who is separated from Christ.

For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; Hebrews 7:26

I am joined to Christ, and am one spirit with Him.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:17

JLB

You are being removed from this thread for trolling and misrepresenting me and what I have stated.
I am claiming that I’m not a sinner.

A sinner is a person who is separated from Christ.

For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; Hebrews 7:26

I am joined to Christ, and am one spirit with Him.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:17

JLB
I see. So you are essentially Jesus then? Sinless Jesus?

Genesis 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Isaiah 28:15
Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death,
and with hell are we at agreement;
when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us:
for we have made lies our refuge,
and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Romans 7:9
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:7
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
The written law does bring death, but the Spirit gives life. We are ministers of a new testament, not of letter, but by Spirit, 2 Corinthians Chapter 3.

There are laws (commandments) of God that were especially written just for the Hebrews pertaining to the rituals of the Temple, sacrifices, festivals, Torah, Kohanim and Levites, the King and the Nazarite. These have already been fulfilled in Christ, but yet there are the existing commandments with the greatest one being love that we follow in as in the existing moral laws (commandments) for all of us to still follow as in prayers and blessings, love and brotherhood. The poor and unfortunate, Marriage, divorce and family. Forbidden sexual relations, business practices, employees and servants. Vows, oaths, swearing, Court and Judicial procedures. Injuries and damages, property and property rights, criminal laws. Prophecy, idolatry and all its practices as the moral laws (commandments) keep us in line with the will of God.

The law is not Satan's authority, but God's authority that Satan rebels against being the enmity against God. The greatest commandment is love that if we walk in love that will help us be obedient to God's moral laws.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

[ACMP=reminder]
This thread is not about homosexuality. Any more replies about this and your post will be deleted. Please stay on topic of the OP, Thank you.
[/ACMP]

I see. So you are essentially Jesus then? Sinless Jesus?
[If you're still in this discussion]

Yes, all those who are in Christ are sinless. And yes, we are "essentially sinless" since we are in Christ, who is sinless.

Back