Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What authority does Satan have as the accuser?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Are you trying to say that the good people go to heaven and the bad people go to hell, when in fact all people are hell bound sinners.... John 3:36..........Until they are redeemed (Made Righteous)(born again), based on the finished work of Christ on the Cross?
I'm not saying anything like that. I had in mind 2 Samuel 14:14 and Ezekiel 33:11.

Would you mind showing me those scriptures I asked for?

What bearing does this question have to do with the conversation?

Because you are quoting from the law of Moses, to somehow validate that we as God’s people are called to kill steal and destroy, which the Bible teaches the devil does.

Are you under the law of Moses?

JLB

Because you are quoting from the law of Moses, to somehow validate that we as God’s people are called to kill steal and destroy, which the Bible teaches the devil does.

Are you under the law of Moses?

JLB

I am validating no such thing. God's people are not called to kill, but the Law demanded that a person be stoned to death. The Law of Moses was part of a Covenant with Death. The Law required Blood. God demands mercy!!

Micah 6:8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good;
and what doth the Lord require of thee,
but to do justly, and to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with thy God?

Yes, our sins are forgiven after we are Spiritually born again from above when we confess and repent of them.

Mark 2:5
When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

The man with the palsy was not Spiritually born again, yet his sins were forgiven him. His sins didn't require a sacrifice for forgiveness, God's word was enough.

And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him.

What sayest thou JLB?
What sayest thou for_his_glory?

What did Moses in the law command?

Would you mind showing me those scriptures I asked for?

Sure.

1.). """"Now Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. 11 And behold, there was a woman who had a SPIRIT OF INFIRMITY eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way [a]raise herself up.

------------

2.) """""And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils" & """And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils""""

Sure.

1.). """"Now Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. 11 And behold, there was a woman who had a SPIRIT OF INFIRMITY eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way [a]raise herself up.

------------

2.) """""And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils" & """And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils""""
Thanks for that, Luke 13:11 and Mark 3:15. I wanted to look up the broader meaning of the words you had mentioned:

Thanks for that, Luke 13:11 and Mark 3:15. I wanted to look up the broader meaning of the words you had mentioned:

While you are at it, check this one out....

"depart from me, i never knew you"....

Why is that interesting? Because Jesus IS talking to these people = " ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name""""

And Jesus said He never knew them... = "GET OUT" !!

If you check that out, and get back with me, i'll show you why those people, which is talking about today and tomorrow, who did works, and cast out demons, in "Jesus name"......... and they called Him "lord"....
Yet, they are in hell, today and tomorrow, having done "christian stuff". (pastors, deacons, etc)

While you are at it, check this one out....

"depart from me, i never knew you"....

Why is that interesting? Because Jesus IS talking to these people = " ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name""""

And Jesus said He never knew them... = "GET OUT" !!

If you check that out, and get back with me, i'll show you why those people, which is talking about today and tomorrow, who did works, and cast out demons, in "Jesus name"......... and they called Him "lord"....
Yet, they are in hell, today and tomorrow, having done "christian stuff". (pastors, deacons, etc)
I'm not willing to speculate on what isn't observable, so I will stick to what is solid truth that I can reasonably expect others to agree with. https://biblehub.com/greek/672.htm is interesting though. Goes to show how He can speak in Matthew 7:23 and still be consistent with John 6:37.

English has so much to answer for!

I'm not willing to speculate on what isn't observable, so I will stick to what is solid truth

English has so much to answer for!

the Cross isn't "observable"....
God isn't "observable".

Does that means its not "solid truth"?

So, let me explain why people who are in church every Sunday for 40 yrs, and are water baptized, and go on mission trips, and live on forums, and feed orphans in India for 68 yrs, can end up in the lake of fire.

= Jesus said this to them......."depart from me, i never never KNEW you" and He is talking to people who called Him "Lord", and lived their lives trying to "imitate" Jesus.
Well, here is the issue.... God does not accept Christ clones, He only accepts "faith is counted as righteousness".
God only accepts what He provided on the CROSS to accept you.
And when a person is trying to be accepted by commandment keeping or lifestyle, or works, then they are committing what JUDE explains, as the "error of Cain".

Reader.........What does that mean?

It means this........

Paul explains that to become "one flesh" with someone, is to join them intimately. Body to body.
This is to become "one flesh". Its the NT term for consummation of a marriage, yet, you can do this and not be married to the person. That's fornication.
The "joining" is the same. Its the same "one flesh", situation.

Jesus says....>"depart from me, i never KNEW you".

See that word "knew'? That means, to become "one with" .. Its the Spiritual application of the "flesh joining flesh".

To "know" someone...........For a man to "know" a woman, is explaining that he has performed sexual intimacy with her.

What does that mean, regarding Jesus saying ...>"depart, i never KNEW YOU"...?
It means that when you are born again....not some fakir, not some Christ imitator, ....not someone who was told that the "water washed your sin away" and you think this means you are born again.....>NOT THAT ONE.
But when you are born again.......then Christ comes to live INSIDE YOU.
"Christ IN YOU.....the hope of Glory".
See that? That is Spiritual Intimacy between the Spirit of Christ and the born again Spirit in a believer.
That is SPIRITUAL UNION........that is the Spiritual aspect of "one flesh", or becoming "ONE WITH GOD, In Christ".
See that?
That is how Christ 'KNOWS YOU"., or not.

So, when Jesus says '""" i never KNEW YOU, = DEPART"""........that means He has no spiritual intimacy with you, because you are not BORN AGAIN.

The born again are the "bride" of Christ, and that is symbolic of "one flesh", a joining that is the most intimate, yet in the case of a Believer and the Lord, its SPIRITUAL UNION.
To have spiritual union is to become ONE with God, and this happens only if you are born again.
If you are not, and die, then you will be told to DEPART to the place that was created for the devil and his angels.

the Cross isn't "observable"....
God isn't "observable".

Does that means its not "solid truth"?

So, let me explain why people who are in church every Sunday for 40 yrs, and are water baptized, and go on mission trips, and live on forums, and feed orphans in India for 68 yrs, can end up in the lake of fire.

= Jesus said this to them......."depart from me, i never never KNEW you" and He is talking to people who called Him "Lord", and lived their lives trying to "imitate" Jesus.
Well, here is the issue.... God does not accept Christ clones, He only accepts "faith is counted as righteousness".
God only accepts what He provided on the CROSS to accept you.
And when a person is trying to be accepted by commandment keeping or lifestyle, or works, then they are committing what JUDE explains, as the "error of Cain".

Reader.........What does that mean?

It means this........

Paul explains that to become "one flesh" with someone, is to join them intimately. Body to body.
This is to become "one flesh". Its the NT term for consummation of a marriage, yet, you can do this and not be married to the person. That's fornication.
The "joining" is the same. Its the same "one flesh", situation.

Jesus says....>"depart from me, i never KNEW you".

See that word "knew'? That means, to become "one with" .. Its the Spiritual application of the "flesh joining flesh".

To "know" someone...........For a man to "know" a woman, is explaining that he has performed sexual intimacy with her.

What does that mean, regarding Jesus saying ...>"depart, i never KNEW YOU"...?
It means that when you are born again....not some fakir, not some Christ imitator, ....not someone who was told that the "water washed your sin away" and you think this means you are born again.....>NOT THAT ONE.
But when you are born again.......then Christ comes to live INSIDE YOU.
"Christ IN YOU.....the hope of Glory".
See that? That is Spiritual Intimacy between the Spirit of Christ and the born again Spirit in a believer.
That is SPIRITUAL UNION........that is the Spiritual aspect of "one flesh", or becoming "ONE WITH GOD, In Christ".
See that?
That is how Christ 'KNOWS YOU"., or not.

So, when Jesus says '""" i never KNEW YOU, = DEPART"""........that means He has no spiritual intimacy with you, because you are not BORN AGAIN.

The born again are the "bride" of Christ, and that is symbolic of "one flesh", a joining that is the most intimate, yet in the case of a Believer and the Lord, its SPIRITUAL UNION.
To have spiritual union is to become ONE with God, and this happens only if you are born again.
If you are not, and die, then you will be told to DEPART to the place that was created for the devil and his angels.
God is observable, actually (John 10:27, John 14:15-21), but I don't know in what way you can imagine that the cross isn't observable, maybe you could explain that.

God is observable, actually (John 10:27, John 14:15-21), but I don't know in what way you can imagine that the cross isn't observable, maybe you could explain that.

God is LIFE itself.
Jesus said, "i am THE life".
When SPRING bursts forth as green and color and flowers and beauty, each year, that is the life of God, seen in nature.

Colossians 1:16
John 1:10

When you look at a sunset and think "that is so beautiful"......then you are literally seeing God the Artist's work, who created the universe as His canvas of color and painted it with life.

The Cross isn't "observable" because you can't see it.
God, who is Christ on the Cross, bled and dies on the Cross, and you can't see it.
This is why faith is counted as righteousness, as faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not .> seen.
Faith is SEEING what is true, what is real, that is not observable with your eyes or senses.
Jesus said, "blessed are all those who have not SEEN ME (observable) but BELIEVE = their "faith is counted as righteousness, "Justification BY faith". ..... "without FAITH its impossible to please God",which is not what commandment keeping legalists will ever understand.

Faith is as real as the Cross, as we see it with our faith, and God sees this faith in our hearts, and makes us righteous because of it.

The Cross isn't "observable" because you can't see it.
But we can see evidence of it that is sufficient to prove it was real. That's different from speculating as to whether any given pastor or deacon is burning in hell - because we just don't know. The best we can do is judge for ourselves.

I am validating no such thing. God's people are not called to kill, but the Law demanded that a person be stoned to death.

Are we under the law today? No

Why bring up something that is not valid in the discussion, and quote scriptures out of context, pertaining to the law of Moses?

JLB

But we can see evidence of it that is sufficient to prove it was real. That's different from speculating as to whether any given pastor or deacon is burning in hell - because we just don't know. The best we can do is judge for ourselves.

Romans 1 says that the unbelievers have no excuse, as God is observable in nature.

And i didnt speculate on anyone's salvation. I just explained why some who think they are saved, are not.
Its because Jesus didn't "know" them, even tho they were "deep into Christian stuff".

So, getting back to the authority of Satan.
He has whatever authority a person gives him.
How do they do that? They do that by allowing him to keep them focused on the things of the world, as this world is his kingdom.
This is why Paul tells us to be "in the world, but not of it", as to be of it, is to be owned by it, which proves that the devil has your mind and your life.
The born again, are a part of the KOG, while we are stuck down here waiting for the new body and our heavenly inheritance.

So IF you were to say to an openly gay couple seeking to be married that they were living in sin and needed to repent to be saved; for whom would YOU be operating as an advocate for, Satan or Jesus?

If the person is for_his_glory then the answer is Jesus.

Trying to turn people away from Satan and a sinful lifestyle is what we as Christians are called to do.

Now that I have answered the question of the OP, I will ask you.

Question for ezrider —

So IF you ezrider were to say to an openly gay couple seeking to be married that they were living in sin and needed to repent to be saved; for whom would YOU be operating as an advocate for, Satan or Jesus?

JLB

Are we under the law today? No

Why bring up something that is not valid in the discussion, and quote scriptures out of context, pertaining to the law of Moses?

JLB

It may not be relevant to your intent, but your intent isn't discuss it, and your question doesn't pertain to the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back