Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What authority does Satan have as the accuser?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Question for ezrider —

So IF you @ezrider were to say to an openly gay couple seeking to be married that they were living in sin and needed to repent to be saved; for whom would YOU be operating as an advocate for, Satan or Jesus?

I would not say to them they are living in sin

Mark 2:5
When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

The man with the palsy was not Spiritually born again, yet his sins were forgiven him. His sins didn't require a sacrifice for forgiveness, God's word was enough.
My answer to your post #45, 46 and 47 in one word "faith".

1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

So you look for sin? Your eyes are still open to sin? Sounds like you're still in bondage to sin.
If one says they do not struggle with sin then they have made themselves higher then the Prophets and Apostles who also struggled with their sin. Sin is no longer our master as we do not sin willfully putting the grace of God to shame. There is no one that can say they are the Lords own and are no corruptible as the resurrection of the saints has not happened yet, 1 Cor 15:35:58.

There is no excuse for any sin, but all sin can be forgiven except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Romans 1 says that the unbelievers have no excuse, as God is observable in nature.

And i didnt speculate on anyone's salvation. I just explained why some who think they are saved, are not.
Its because Jesus didn't "know" them, even tho they were "deep into Christian stuff".
1 Corinthians 3:15 describes a type of teacher whose work is worthless but who himself is saved through fire. This is why I have said the individual judgments can only be made by our own discernment but we can't very well point at any pastors or deacons and expect others to agree with us if we say they are in hell. Matthew 7:23 is ok as a general statement though, I know what you mean by it.

So, getting back to the authority of Satan.
He has whatever authority a person gives him.
How do they do that? They do that by allowing him to keep them focused on the things of the world, as this world is his kingdom.
This is why Paul tells us to be "in the world, but not of it", as to be of it, is to be owned by it, which proves that the devil has your mind and your life.
The born again, are a part of the KOG, while we are stuck down here waiting for the new body and our heavenly inheritance.
Ephesians 6:5 and Ephesians 4:28 tell us about those who can't escape the world's system because of their place in it, so are you saying that Satan has a hold over them because they are owned by (slaves to) the system?

Ephesians 6:5 and Ephesians 4:28 tell us about those who can't escape the world's system because of their place in it, so are you saying that Satan has a hold over them because they are owned by (slaves to) the system?

As a mod, you know that we are not allowed to discuss topics that are off topic on certain Threads, this being one.
So, if you want to find me with your comments on my Threads on a Thread that allows for topic change, then im happy to continue the discussion, there.

As a mod, you know that we are not allowed to discuss topics that are off topic on certain Threads, this being one.
So, if you want to find me with your comments on my Threads on a Thread that allows for topic change, then im happy to continue the discussion, there.
It's your call, but I think that my question and the answer it is seeking actually is relevant to the topic of the thread: "what authority does Satan have as the accuser?".

It is written that John the Baptist was the greatest of the prophets, yet the least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

Who is the least in the kingdom of God?

Who was Jesus referring to?

Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. Mathew 11:11

JLB

Who is the least in the kingdom of God?

Who was Jesus referring to?

Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. Mathew 11:11

JLB

I don't see how this question is relevant to the topic, maybe you could explain how it's related.

There is no honour among thieves. The law of God is a tool that Satan uses when he is deceiving and trapping a person, in order to enslave them for fear of facing God's judgment (consider Matthew 16:26).

JLB, for_his_glory, the topic of the thread was what Satan claims as his Authority when accusing the brethren. Do you agree with what Serving Zion has said here? Does Satan use the law of God as a tool? And not just the law itself, but the entirety of the written word? If Satan were to try and deceive even the very elect, what do you think he would tempt them with?

JLB, for_his_glory, the topic of the thread was what Satan claims as his Authority when accusing the brethren. Do you agree with what Serving Zion has said here? Does Satan use the law of God as a tool? And not just the law itself, but the entirety of the written word? If Satan were to try and deceive even the very elect, what do you think he would tempt them with?

I have asked you a question thay comes from the OP.

Do you consider living in a homosexual lifestyle a sinful lifestyle?

The law condemns it as sin!

Do you believe God will punish the United States for making gay marriage lawful?

Do you believe God will punish the United States for making gay marriage lawful?

I believe those who make ungodly laws to pervert a nation are accountable to God for their actions.

Yes we know the law condemns it as sin.

We also know the Lord Jesus Christ condemns it as sin.

The question was, do you consider a homosexual lifestyle a sinful lifestyle?

The reason I ask is, you seem to be advocating for homosexuality in your op, and in your dialog with for_his_glory.

Sadly no, but rather you are acting the role of the accuser, accusing them of sin, telling them they must get right with God, and pointing to the law and the scripture to justify it. As the accuser, what do you think Satan claims as his authority?

Here is an interesting verse from Paul about those who support that kind of behavior.

• that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. Romans 1:26-32

So I think the more appropriate question would be —

Are those who advocate for homosexuality working on behalf of Satan or the Lord Jesus Christ?

JLB

It's your call, but I think that my question and the answer it is seeking actually is relevant to the topic of the thread: "what authority does Satan have as the accuser?".

Satan still owns and operates "the world system".
Soon enough His #1, the son of perdition, is going to come to his playground and run it for a while.

And in the lives of Believers, Satan has as much control as they allow him to have.
This control is defined as "time". How much of a person's time does Satan own.
He owns as much of it as they give Him.

If Satan were to try and deceive even the very elect, what do you think he would tempt them with?
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Satan loves to tempt us with a false gospel as he loves to use others to twist and take the true Gospel of Christ out of context for what has already been written. So many are unaware of this as they follow mans teachings instead of the Doctrines of Christ.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Yes we know the law condemns it as sin.

We also know the Lord Jesus Christ condemns it as sin.

The question was, do you consider a homosexual lifestyle a sinful lifestyle?

The reason I ask is, you seem to be advocating for homosexuality in your op, and in your dialog with @for_his_glory.

I have already given you my answer; the Law condemns it as Sin.

The OP is advocating for no such thing. Serving Zion as a moderator separated this discussion from a different thread. The thread is about what Satan claims as an authority. The Law is his authority just the same as you claim the Bible as your authority. But as for the OP, it almost seems like you and for_his_glory have a different agenda. The OP is NOT about homosexuality. As a moderator yourself, why do you continue to try and derail the thread?

Back