Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What is "GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

Isa 64:5

Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.
Isa 64:6

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isa 64:7

And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.
Isa 64:8

But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Eph 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9

Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. :wave

Isa 26:2

Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.
Isa 26:3

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Isa 26:4

Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

How can one walk in peace, trusting in their own strength?
How can one fail when they trust in Gods Righteousness?

Rom 14:17

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Psa 37:16

A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
Psa 37:17

For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
Psa 37:18

The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
Psa 37:19

They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
Psa 37:20

But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
Psa 37:21

The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.
Psa 37:22

For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
Psa 37:23

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
Psa 37:24

Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
Psa 37:25

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Gods Righteousness is seen by faith in His Words. I had rather have one of His "verily verily" than all the gold and religious "works" in this world.:wave

Php 3:3

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4

Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5

Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6

Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Php 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

See there is two kinds of "righteousness"?

Yours="dung":crying4

Gods="Eternal Glory":angel3

Pro 23:7

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

When a man "believes" right in their mind and heart, they will act according to what they believe!

If a "believer" thinks himself a sinner, he will act according to what he believes himself to be.

When a "believer" agrees with God and the Spirit within him that God has made him righteous by the blood of Christ.
That believer will begin to allow the Spirit of God to control thier behavior.

Man fell by knowledge, he is renewed by knowledge. Not earthly knowledge, but by that which is taught by the Holy Spirit.

Col 3:10

And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

2Co 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. :biglol

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

When a man "believes" right in their mind and heart, they will act according to what they believe!

If a "believer" thinks himself a sinner, he will act according to what he believes himself to be.

OR, when seeing that quite solid fact, he may realize he's being gamed by evil powers and fight them and plead with God for continual help with every Spiritual Weapon available. He may also realize that Our Maker is far more than the sum of all of that.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with being truthful within and before God.

A believer who is truthful will receive. It is a Divine Promise.

We do not 'think' ourselves past the facts of sin and evil in this present world and in ourselves, period, by only grabbing all the 'happy thoughts' in the text. That is the 'easy path.'

His Love in our hearts was always meant to be put to the test just as our Lord showed us.
When a "believer" agrees with God and the Spirit within him that God has made him righteous by the blood of Christ.
That believer will begin to allow the Spirit of God to control thier behavior.

Man fell by knowledge, he is renewed by knowledge. Not earthly knowledge, but by that which is taught by the Holy Spirit.

We can sit on our surmised 'sinless' perfection (which is a non-existing fairy tale) and waves of grace grace all the day long. I lived in Tony Robbins styles of 'school of positive thinking' theology.

There is a world full of people in dire need on all fronts.

The only feeling any of us will have when we depart this flesh is this:

I should have loved MORE.

s

OR, when seeing that quite solid fact, he may realize he's being gamed by evil powers and fight them and plead with God for continual help with every Spiritual Weapon available. He may also realize that Our Maker is far more than the sum of all of that.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with being truthful within and before God.

A believer who is truthful will receive. It is a Divine Promise.

We do not 'think' ourselves past the facts of sin and evil in this present world and in ourselves, period, by only grabbing all the 'happy thoughts' in the text. That is the 'easy path.'

His Love in our hearts was always meant to be put to the test just as our Lord showed us.

We can sit on our surmised 'sinless' perfection (which is a non-existing fairy tale) and waves of grace grace all the day long. I lived in Tony Robbins styles of 'school of positive thinking' theology.

There is a world full of people in dire need on all fronts.

The only feeling any of us will have when we depart this flesh is this:

I should have loved MORE.

s

1Co 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

My friend you can never reason out the things of God! You must become a fool to be made wise!

For look not at the things which are seen but the things which are not seen!

Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Dont be deceived, there is an invisible world all around you! :wave

I suggest you heed my words- Mitspa "a son of God"

1Co 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

My friend you can never reason out the things of God! You must become a fool to be made wise!

For look not at the things which are seen but the things which are not seen!

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Dont be deceived, there is an invisible world all around you! :wave

I suggest you heed my words- Mitspa "a son of God"

I put away lying before my Maker. Sorry if that offends your constructs.

s

s

I guess if you think the Bible is a lie, then you should not believe in that which can not be seen! But If Its true, I suggest the you are the one living a lie?

Rom 3:3

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Rom 4:17

(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Why even bother with the scriptures, of things of faith if you can only believe what you see?:eeeekkk

s
Smaller! I was just looking on another thread and you were talking about unseen things and using the scriptures as proof of those unseen things?

I think you do believe in "unseen" things according to sciptures, but they just have to been what you already agree with! right?:toofunny

I guess if you think the Bible is a lie,

Where did you possibly get that idea from?

I think we've both discovered that I adhere to every Word of God inclusive of every Word of God in the O.T. just as Jesus said we must and as He also did.

Righteousness of God apart from Law is witnessed by the Law and the Prophets as Paul also told us. Could cite many many more of these matters of New Testament principles cited and taught by Jesus and the Apostles right out of the Old Testament.

It's there to be seen if one is so led to see them. Jesus and the Apostles cite literally hundreds upon hundreds of Old Testament scriptures in their discourses. It is not logical to pluck out a handful of slanted scriptures to the neglect of others. Sooner or later discoveries are made that that doesn't work or compute.
then you should not believe in that which can not be seen! But If Its true, I suggest the you are the one living a lie?
If you think it is a lie to say one is a sinner or has evil present with them as Paul clearly stated what can I say. At least he was TRUTHFUL. I appreciate not having to lie past those matters. There are legitimate avenues in the text to get where you landed, but that doesn't include the shortcuts you think you see. I know. Been in your doctrinal shoes prior and perhaps a much longer than you.

Why even bother with the scriptures, of things of faith if you can only believe what you see?
It's easy, so very easy to only pluck out the good parts and paste them all over our entirety.

I'd say that method has it's fanciful flaws.

Allow this to sink into your head for a moment if you can.

It is entirely credible to see that the LAW of the Old Covenant remains against the lawlessness we ALL carry. And it is also entirely credible to see that same Law fulfilled in LOVE as Paul describes in Romans 13:8-10.

But carnal minds can not come to grips with this matter because they only see the law RIGHTFULLY condemning our factual lawlessness.

Don't you see that the Righteousness of God in Christ did not apply to the EVIL PRESENT with Paul? That simply is not and was not possible.

God in His Grace divides us from that working, that we may rule over it because it IS in fact there to RULE within us.

Source it and you'd have no issues. But that involves coming to the table of fact understanding that your sin is no better or different than anyone else's and that it is also OF THE DEVIL.

Divide from your internal enemy and it will make PERFECT CREDIBLE SENSE on both sides of the ledgers. The Righteousness of God in Christ will NOT apply to the factual operations of the tempter in MIND and HEART.

But that of course mandates eating a bit of humble pie and it's a meal of fact reserved only for the CHILDREN of GOD.

Gods Words, mysterious as they can be at times, shows us that the head of the Dragons are 'broken' in the waters. Those waters are His Words. They BREAK us from that internal slaveship wherewith we were ALL previously blinded. The DRAGONs are DEVILS.

Psalm 74:13
Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

And while we are in for the swim in this present life, here is the meal we were ALL fed:

Psalm 74:14
Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

Jesus Himself confronted this SAME MEAL in His confrontation with and temptation by Satan.

So do we all. And you are still trying to figure out what you had for breakfast.

burp....:yes

enjoy!

s

Smaller! I was just looking on another thread and you were talking about unseen things and using the scriptures as proof of those unseen things?

I think you do believe in "unseen" things according to sciptures, but they just have to been what you already agree with! right?

yeah Mitspa. I really do wish it was a fantasy book where I could justify my evil present under Grace.

Have fun trying to work that out on a credible basis. There are ROADBLOCKS that will keep that from happening....period :wall

s

yeah Mitspa. I really do wish it was a fantasy book where I could justify my evil present under Grace.

Have fun trying to work that out on a credible basis. There are ROADBLOCKS that will keep that from happening....period :wall

s
The fact is evident that only By the "Spirit" can one overcome the "flesh" and the sin that dwells in the flesh:yes
You can not prove anything by scripture so you move to insults and attempt to provoke others that are far wiser than you:)

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: :wave

The fact is evident that only By the "Spirit" can one overcome the "flesh" and the sin that dwells in the flesh:yes
You can not prove anything by scripture so you move to insults and attempt to provoke others that are far wiser than you:)

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: :wave

There will be zero credible blankets spread over evil present or the authorization of sin under Grace or Law. They are and will remain fully against all such things in whomever they are found, and they are found in ALL.

There we are called into understanding. It does not require lying about our present factual conditions to understand Grace or the imputation of Gods Righteousness.

Having to lie is where I have drawn my own line.

s

There will be zero credible blankets spread over evil present or the authorization of sin under Grace or Law. They are and will remain fully against all such things in whomever they are found, and they are found in ALL.

There we are called into understanding. It does not require lying about our present factual conditions to understand Grace or the imputation of Gods Righteousness.

Having to lie is where I have drawn my own line.

s
So when there is a "unseen truth" in scripture that you agree with, then that is to be honored and defended? But an "unseen truth" such as "Christ bearing the sins of the flesh for all who believe" then you call that a lie?

So then, you are no different than many on this forum! you take out of scripture you want, and deny the rest!

I call that hypocricy!:yes

2Co 4:2

But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
2Co 4:3

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2Co 4:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord;

Isa 61:10

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
Isa 61:11

For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Clearly some deny clear scripture, that we who have been given the Holy Spirit have also been clothed in the robes of salvation and righteousness!

When the Father looks upon us, He does not see the "flesh", but beholds the "Spiritual" garments that Christ has given to us!

Now we have the responsibility to keep these garments from being defiled, How? By walking in the Spirit, by faith alone! "For the just shall live by faith"

Rev 3:4

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Rev 16:15

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessedishe that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

I tell you that unless one is "righteous" by faith in His blood, that same one, is naked!
No wonder satan destroys your body and brings destuction upon your families! You who are not covered in His Righteousness are naked and cursed, just as all flesh of this world!

Good morning,

Mitspa, smaller,

What do you think about the idea about giving each other a big o'l hug?

- Davies :couch

Good morning,

Mitspa, smaller,

:adore

We was just discussin' some of the finer principles of His Righteousness.

No ill will in that. Never is.

s

Believers as still sinners an unseen truth?

lol

s
The Flesh, of every believer is still sinful , but a "true" believer walks by the "Spirit"

Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

It dont change smaller!:)

One who walks in the Spirit will serve God more by accident than any who trys to keep the law, and serve God in their own ability!:toofunny

What a funny thing that man might think himself able to meet God standards!:toofunny

Good morning,

Mitspa, smaller,

I missed the hug, had to work this A.M., dont worry, "smaller" and I will be best friends, soon!:fight ever knee will bow!:wave

Back