Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What is "GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

Php 3:8

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Php 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Why is this so hard for some ?:wall

The availabiblity of online bible texts and a concordance should make this easy...just type in "righteousness" and post whatever you find. Easy enough!

The availabiblity of online bible texts and a concordance should make this easy...just type in "righteousness" and post whatever you find. Easy enough!
You cant "read" Gods Righteousness you must "believe" Gods Righteousness!:lol

Rom 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

:wave Mitspa

Rom 3:3

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

How can a man claim to honor God, and reject the way of Righteousness by faith?

Rom 3:21

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Gods righteousness is seen by faith in His Words, for when we trust His Words we trust in "His Righteousness"!
"He is faithful that promised", All the promises of God are yes and Amen- In Christ Jesus! :amen

Pro 3:5

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

:angel3-Mitspa

Rom 3:3

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

How can a man claim to honor God, and reject the way of Righteousness by faith?

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Gods righteousness is seen by faith in His Words, for when we trust His Words we trust in "His Righteousness"!
"He is faithful that promised", All the promises of God are yes and Amen- In Christ Jesus! :amen

Pro 3:5

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

:angel3-Mitspa

Rom 3:24

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Rom 3:27

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Consider all those who love to talk about their works? How they have maintained their salvation? Here is how you know one who has been crucified with Christ and one who still walks in the flesh and pride.

Those who have died with Him speak only of "His Work" His Finished Work!

Those who are in the flesh always speak of what is "yet to be done"!

Rom 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. :biglol

Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Many seem to have more faith in the "sin of Adam", than the "obedience of Christ"? Always looking to the "fall of man" instead of "The glory of His Resurrection"

Rom 6:16

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:11

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The victory over sin is found in faith alone! Do we look at Adams failure and "reckon" it to have power over us? Or do we look to Christ, and "reckon" ourselves alive to Him?

See God knows something about us that few of us understand? That as a man believes in his heart, so is he!

Man fell by hearing a "lie" and eating from its tree. Man is "renewed" unto God by hearing the "Truth" and eating of His "Tree of Life"!

-Mitspa:biglol

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Why is this so hard for some ?:wall

All depends on which particular words one wants to reflect on.

As to 'present righteousness?'

Uh, prolly not. Paul said he didn't have any of his own, but that there is a promise of same to come.

Some believers delude themselves into thinking they have His Righteousness now and some know better.

I am not inclined by faith to rest on laurels that I know I don't presently have.

I also understand the difference between a promise to come as opposed to saying it's a done deal presently. We may attribute a forthcoming promise as a fact of promise, but not as a fact of present reality.

Pretty simple.

Galatians 5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Presently have? Nope.
I really don't have a clue about what that matter may 'entirely' consist of. And there are 'reasons' provided in the scriptures about 'our present reality' that I prefer to deal with because they are present facts.

The very 'best' we can have or muster in our present life of faith is a MINOR TASTE. A pittance. And even in these encounters and engagements we enjoy. It is good to participate in such tastes. It is pleasant to our internals.

When the flood of entire living righteousness comes it will be vastly different than what we experience NOW.

I put away delusions on the subject of faith because there are many delusions that are simply not presently TRUE and therefore they are delusional lies.

My preference will always be Truth. And we all have to sooner or later find our faith as a present reality within our currently subjective circumstances.

There is no gain to be had by lying to ourselves. What is the point of that kind of exercise?

I suspect that we will all be found as Paul stated above. NOT having righteousness of our own.

Are we presently entirely Christ? Uh, no. We all have a hard time just speaking truthfully to one another.

s

We display God's righteousness when we abide in Christ in the flame of His presence in holiness. Otherwise we are only displaying the life of a man.

All depends on which particular words one wants to reflect on.

As to 'present righteousness?'

Uh, prolly not. Paul said he didn't have any of his own, but that there is a promise of same to come.

Some believers delude themselves into thinking they have His Righteousness now and some know better.

Rom 3:23

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Rom 8:24

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope:

I seem to remember that you (smaller) do not believe in sin in the flesh, I doubt you can believe righteousness by the Spirit?

I seem to remember that you (smaller) do not believe in sin in the flesh,

Certainly not that the flesh itself is evil, no. Flesh is nothing more than a mass of compound organic components.

From a scriptural perspective we do not battle flesh. Though many think we do. I try to align my thoughts with scripture/Word of God facts. If not, then one is not in line with same.

Here are a couple facts about 'flesh.' To me and to some they will see it is not 'flesh' per se that we battle or wrestle with. It doesn't really matter to me personally if others can't see it. I tend to see it as men moved by the Spirit have conveyed the understandings of these things. For example:

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

You can point to 'evil flesh' all the day long and I would look at Paul's statement and come to the same conclusion he did. We wrestle NOT against flesh. So, tell me about 'evil flesh' and in the end it will only serve for a chuckle or two from my end.

And it can be bolded and put in red in 24pt. type and some still won't and can't see the simplicity of the statement and instead will prefer their substitute understandings.

Paul tells me better:

2 Corinthians 10:3
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

Evil flesh. Pretty funny really.

And it is the same with the subject of Gods Righteousness. I can read that we 'wait in hope by faith' for same and some will delude themselves into actually having what we are factually still waiting in hope for.

In the end only one reflection of fact is true, and that is we are waiting for same in hope. That means it is not yet here in full or we wouldn't be waiting in hope for same as Paul stated.

Alignment is important for me to reflect upon. Generally speaking there are benefits to accurate reflections.

I doubt you can believe righteousness by the Spirit?
I don't doubt that we may have different reflections on quite a few things.

So what? I gave a couple really really simple statements on this particular matter and some just can't see it regardless and will instead fall into various forms of fantasies about same. It's not like I haven't see these kinds of fantasy notions within Christianity before.

I know the reflection I seek. A Perfect One. His Alone.

And guess what? I don't have a Perfect Reflection yet. That means I don't have what I seek IN FULL. Not saying any of us don't have a present smaller measure of same.

That is not what Gods Righteousness is. His Is Perfect.

s

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly not that the flesh itself is evil, no. Flesh is nothing more than a mass of compound organic components.

From a scriptural perspective we do not battle flesh. Though many think we do. I try to align my thoughts with scripture/Word of God facts. If not, then one is not in line with same.

Here are a couple facts about 'flesh.' To me and to some they will see it is not 'flesh' per se that we battle or wrestle with. It doesn't really matter to me personally if others can't see it. I tend to see it as men moved by the Spirit have conveyed the understandings of these things. For example:

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

You can point to 'evil flesh' all the day long and I would look at Paul's statement and come to the same conclusion he did. We wrestle NOT against flesh. So, tell me about 'evil flesh' and in the end it will only serve for a chuckle or two from my end.

Trying to make one scripture untrue by the using another is error. True maturity in the Word is when you can bring ALL scripture into truth. Now Paul all through his letters said we must die to the "flesh" so that the "Spirit" might gain control of our bodies. Our battle with the satan in a "spiritual" one. the Victory over the "flesh" is a "spiritual" victory. But if you neglect the clear scripture that the "flesh" is sinful, you can and never will understand the New Testament!

Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Rom 7:23

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I am sorry smaller, you are missing God! Your flesh is just as
Pauls and mine! Full of sin!

Trying to make one scripture untrue by the using another is error.

Sorry, to make that statement means you have to show same to be a fact rather than a mere assertion.

The scriptures say what they say, period.

Obviously 'how' they are actually 'heard' varies and in some cases varies quiet dramatically.
True maturity in the Word is when you can bring ALL scripture into truth.

I believe for a fact that none of us currently have a perfect reflection on these matters as to have A Perfect Reflection requires having Only His Reflection.

Fairly simple observation. I am not willing to say that any of us have those types of reflections, myself included, and that we all by virtue of imperfect reflections see and understand imperfectly.

Some just can't seem to live with that fact and then transition into the weirdness zone. There are many at these boards alone who think they already see perfectly and demand others must see only through their supposed perfect reflections. I most often times laugh at such notions and sometimes just shake my head at the ignorance being shown.

Now Paul all through his letters said we must die to the "flesh" so that the "Spirit" might gain control of our bodies. Our battle with the satan in a "spiritual" one.

Well there ya go. See how easy it was to see the real enemy and figure out that Satan isn't 'flesh?' Welcome to the brilliant club.

the Victory over the "flesh" is a "spiritual" victory. But if you neglect the clear scripture that the "flesh" is sinful, you can and never will understand the New Testament!

You can claim that the flesh is evil all you want. The fact is that the flesh is in fact 'subject to' the adverse powers of evil and that is the fact of the matter. That doesn't automatically mean the flesh itself then is evil, but what the flesh is 'subject' and 'subjected' to.

I have no issues in seeing the fact that we all have sinned and have sin and that sin is in fact of the devil.

I have no use in seeing evil flesh in the light of fact because it's not.

Jesus inhabited flesh and His flesh was just like any of the rest of us except for one crucial difference. Without sin.

Your supposed 'evil flesh' did not make you do evil. Adverse unseen forces did.

Evil flesh. What a laugher.

You see you and I can read the same scriptures and come to completely different conclusions.

Jesus told us 'all' clearly where EVIL comes from.

Mark 7:23
All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

It sure ain't yer surface hide. It's what hides inside the box.

s

Trying to make one scripture untrue by the using another is error. True maturity in the Word is when you can bring ALL scripture into truth. Now Paul all through his letters said we must die to the "flesh" so that the "Spirit" might gain control of our bodies. Our battle with the satan in a "spiritual" one. the Victory over the "flesh" is a "spiritual" victory. But if you neglect the clear scripture that the "flesh" is sinful, you can and never will understand the New Testament!

Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Rom 7:23

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Sorry let God be true! :wave

Rom 14:17

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Make no mistake, until a "believer" has given up their own attempts at "righteousness" and accepted "His Righteousness" by faith, They can never enter into the Kingdom of God!

Only in "His Righteousness" does the Holy Spirit bring the peace and "joy unspeakable and full of Glory"!

:angel3 -Mitspa

Make no mistake, until a "believer" has given up their own attempts at "righteousness" and accepted "His Righteousness" by faith, They can never enter into the Kingdom of God!

Only in "His Righteousness" does the Holy Spirit bring the peace and "joy unspeakable and full of Glory"!

As it pertains to Gods Righteousness and as stated prior, Paul's statement is pretty clear.

We are waiting for same in hope.

Some think they are 'all that' in the here and now and can't be honest about the fact that they aren't. It is a matter of hope through faith that it will be so.

There is a commonality that most love to drape themselves with all and only the good things of His Word. In some it will not take them long to honestly realize that not each and every thought and action they have and do is only good, perfect and righteous.

Far be it from me to expect honesty on the subject.

s

As it pertains to Gods Righteousness and as stated prior, Paul's statement is pretty clear.

We are waiting for same in hope.

Some think they are 'all that' in the here and now and can't be honest about the fact that they aren't. It is a matter of hope through faith that it will be so.

There is a commonality that most love to drape themselves with all and only the good things of His Word. In some it will not take them long to honestly realize that not each and every thought and action they have and do is only good, perfect and righteous.

Far be it from me to expect honesty on the subject.

s
Rom 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Rom 10:5

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Rom 10:6

But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above
Rom 10:7

Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness

The simplicity of Christ:wave

Awake! to true "righteousness" look and see Christ Jesus! For In Him alone are we complete, and "IN HIM " there is no sin!

Col 2:6

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Col 2:7

Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Col 2:8

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

1Co 1:30

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 1:31

That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. :biglol

Isa 64:5

Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.
Isa 64:6

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isa 64:7

And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.
Isa 64:8

But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Eph 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9

Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. :wave

Back