Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What is "GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

Hi Mitspa,

I was writing down some thoughts this morning, and decided to share them here on the forum, and when opened this forum, you post was the first one at the top. So, you'll understand why I share my thoughts here.

[FONT=&quot]I was reading Samuel Davies this morning about the Judgment to come(I know it’s a heavy subject), and I wanted to share a reaffirmation that Davies makes regarding the nature of Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 5:22[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New King James Version (NKJV)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, [/FONT]
John 5:27

New King James Version (NKJV)
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

[FONT=&quot]Davies quotes John 5:22, 27. Here Davies talks about the fitness of Jesus Christ to be the Judge of all. I agree with Davies that because of God’s omniscience, He alone would be the appropriate judge. When you think about how Jesus became a man or took on the form of a man, then you think that God has taken away every excuse that man could think of to reject Him. How many times have I heard someone say, ‘You don’t know how I feel.’ With God’s omniscience alone, this argument/denial is dispelled, but we see God stooping down low, going beyond what we would ever think is reasonable, living in this world and suffering all its ugliness, not to condemn us, but to establish a righteousness to give to us so that we may stand innocent on the Day of Judgment. If we reject His righteousness that He offers us through His death and resurrection, then how appropriate is our condemnation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let’s thank God for his gifts of pardon and righteousness![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Davies
[/FONT]

Yes my friend, if we reject His Righteousness and go about to establish our own righteousness by the law? We do deserve the condemnation that comes with the ministry of death and condemnation.

Guilt and shame are products of the fall? Look again at Adam and when he fell? This is not the will or plan of God for those who are in His Beloved Son.

No! Come boldly to His Throne of grace!
If we may enter into the most holy of all, with boldness? Why do we walk in shame and guilt in this sinful and dark world?

No! We are to be lights in the darkness! not be partakers of shame and guilt. We walk boldly because He is Our God! not because we are anything.

The eyes of the Lord go to and fro upon the whole face of the earth, looking for those who will dare to believe in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS!

Psa 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are
righteousness.

Again you claim at one point to be justified by faith, apart from the law? Now it seems you are trying to suggest that one must keep the law to be justified?

What is your doctrine anyway?
Do you know for sure, if its by the law of moses or by faith in Christ? BECAUSE YOU ARE TRYING TO HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

for they being ignorant of Gods righteousness and going about to establish their own, have not submitted to Gods righteousness!

Let me guess your next point? part of the law cannot justify but another part can?

That no man is justified by any part of the law is EVIDENT!

every jot and tittle means every jot and tittle!

Hi Mitspa,

I was writing down some thoughts this morning, and decided to share them here on the forum, and when opened this forum, you post was the first one at the top. So, you'll understand why I share my thoughts here.

[FONT=&quot]I was reading Samuel Davies this morning about the Judgment to come(I know it’s a heavy subject), and I wanted to share a reaffirmation that Davies makes regarding the nature of Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 5:22[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New King James Version (NKJV)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, [/FONT]
John 5:27

New King James Version (NKJV)
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

[FONT=&quot]Davies quotes John 5:22, 27. Here Davies talks about the fitness of Jesus Christ to be the Judge of all. I agree with Davies that because of God’s omniscience, He alone would be the appropriate judge. When you think about how Jesus became a man or took on the form of a man, then you think that God has taken away every excuse that man could think of to reject Him. How many times have I heard someone say, ‘You don’t know how I feel.’ With God’s omniscience alone, this argument/denial is dispelled, but we see God stooping down low, going beyond what we would ever think is reasonable, living in this world and suffering all its ugliness, not to condemn us, but to establish a righteousness to give to us so that we may stand innocent on the Day of Judgment. If we reject His righteousness that He offers us through His death and resurrection, then how appropriate is our condemnation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let’s thank God for his gifts of pardon and righteousness![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Davies
[/FONT]

Yes brother I agree! that those who turn away from His Righteousness by faith and go about to establish their own righteousness by the law, deserve to be condemned!

Rom 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

When those who are in the "flesh" hear the term "righteousness" they always think of what THEY must do?

But a believer who is "spiritual" always thinks of what God has done by the WORK of Christ Jesus, One who walks by the Rightoeusness of God walks in the grace and power of God!:thumbsup

The "renewed mind" is a believer that has had there mind washed by the turth of the gospel? When the renewed mind hears the word "righteousness" they always think of Christ Jesus. When the carnal mind hears the word "righteousness" they always think of themselves.

"sin" to the carnal mind is always a transgression of the law of moses. "sin" to the renewed mind is the flesh and its works.

The renewed mind knows that whatever is not of faith, is sin.
The law is not of faith, so all who look to keep the works of law are in fact in sin.

You know I could help many on this forum understand the difference between seeing the "letter" which kills and the "spirit" which gives life. But it seems that many have made themselves teachers and are too full of pride to have an honest discussion of the truth.
The first lesson I was taught by the Holy Spirit, years ago? If any man thinks he knows anything? let him admit he knows nothing yet as he should know.

(although God has used men to help me understand) I did not learn the Gospel from men or from some group of dead scribes. The Holy Spirit has taken the Word of God and taught me, I will NEVER stop learning or come to a place where I do not need to be taught by Him.

The Old Testament offerings was a picture or type of Christ. It was in fact all a shadow of that which was to come? Christ Jesus being the truth of all that those sacrifices represented.
Offered to God in rememberance of His that was yet to appear? For He was the Lamb slain before the foundations of the world. God is the great I AM! time to Him is not what it is to us.
We see that this offering of faith was made by Able and he was accepted before God. We see that cain labored in that which God had cursed, and tried to offer to God the fruits of his own righteousness and was rejected. we also see that murder arose in his heart for his brother? It is the same today, those who are righteous in faith are hated by those who labor to obtain their own righteousness by the law, which is cursed. We see this truth throughout scripture, Joseph was a child of promise, his brothers were children of bondage. Those who are of bondage cannot be heirs with those who are of promise.
Gods Righteousness has come in the Person of The Lord Jesus Christ, He alone is righteous and all that accept Him accept God Righteousness as their own and CEASE from their own attempts to earn righteousness by the law which is cursed. We offer God the sacrifice of praise? That He has given us His Righteousness. For he is a jew "praise" who is one inwardly.
So why are some so gloomy, some so beset by sin? It is because they do not believe the gospel and do not rejoice in the truth as they should.
When the truth of righteousness is seen, its fruits will be peace and joy and praise will be heard always in that heart. For we who worship God only offer back to Him that which HE GAVE to us.

I hear the doctrines of "holiness" santification etc..
Here is your doctrines that can be understood by those who love Christ and have been loved by Him?

The harlot at His Feet is justified and holy!
The religious scribe and hypocrite who "thinks" they set at the Lords Table and judges the harlot, is rejected by God as unholy!

I have already shown that Gods Righteousness relates directly with the New Testament. Its not a separate issue!

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

What do you think it means to be revealed from faith to faith? by the Gospel?
It must mean that it has to be seen by faith?
When we follow the Lord to the Cross we die to self, for it is the "self" life of a man born of Adam that must be put to death. By faith and power of the Cross we crucify this "self-life" and we turn to the Risen Christ as if married to Him.
For He has become unto us our righteousness? FOR AS HE IS IN THIS WORLD, SO ARE WE.

we offer back to God the sacrifice of praise, for that which He has given? For God so loved the world that He gave us Jesus!

So when you sing and rejoice to the Lord you are but offering back to Him that which He first gave to you? Righteousness!

Back