Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What is "GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

To my fellow self-righteous Christians, if I can say that, here is an excellent passage from the Book of Daniel. If our faith were to be perfected right now, and we lived our lives perfectly before God without sin, our righteousness would not cover the price of admission into heaven. Daniel provides the reason why righteousness belongs to the Lord. This is why we need to be found in Him.

Daniel 9:7
New King James Version (NKJV)
7 O Lord, righteousness belongs to You, but to us shame of face, as it is this day—to the men of Judah, to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all Israel, those near and those far off in all the countries to which You have driven them, because of the unfaithfulness which they have committed against You. (emphasis added)

Another passage in Matthew 3:15 tells us why Jesus was being baptized, to fulfill all righteousness. In effect, Jesus was not only our representative in His death on the cross, but also in His obedience in Life.

Matthew 3:15

15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.â€

The religious leaders of Jesus' day had the reputation of being very observant of the law, better than the rest of society. Would anyone today surpass the righteousness of the Pharisees?

Matthew 5:20

20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Only Jesus' righteousness surpassed that of the Pharisees and scribes.

So, we do need the righteousness of Jesus that will justify us before God, because when we present our righteousness before God, our unrighteousness comes along with it. I'm thinking a distinction needs to be made regarding the righteousness that justifies us before God, and our righteous deeds that are part of the sanctification process, the perfecting of our faith.

Romans 3:28

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

- Davies
Music "from heaven" to my ears!:angel3

Php 3:8

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Why is this so hard for some ?:readbible

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Why is this so hard for some ?:readbible

Luke 24:25

25 Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!

Slow of heart... You can say it's a heart issue. The default position a person takes is, 'I must do A, B, and C,' then God will be pleased with me, or then I can be right with God and He will find me acceptable. I struggle with this all the time and have to be reminded constantly that God loves me so that my motivation for obedience can be changed.

- Davies

Gal 2:17

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19

For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

One cannot be under law and be "in Christ" for "in Him" there is no sin. One cannot be "righteous" and be found a sinner. One cannot seek to justify themselves and be justified by Christ Jesus.

Luk 16:13

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Rom 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. :chin

Psa 71:15

My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.
Psa 71:16

I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.
Psa 71:17

O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.
Psa 71:18

Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.
Psa 71:19

Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee!

He who glories let him glory in The Lord!
Why did God call David a man after His Own Heart?

Because David desired the to know the see and behold the beauty of God. This was the secret of David and why he was granted the sure mercies of God!

Psa 27:4

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

Here is righteousness!

2Co 4:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
2Co 4:6

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

From faith to faith and glory to glory we behold Him!:amen

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

When those who are in the "flesh" hear the term "righteousness" they always think of what THEY must do?

But a believer who is "spiritual" always thinks of what God has done by the WORK of Christ Jesus, One who walks by the Rightoeusness of God walks in the grace and power of God!:thumbsup

"For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13
The word law in his statement is a reference to a law that was added to the law because of Jesus crucifixion being the sin of murder caused by bloodshed.
This word, i.e. one word, was put in effect by angles in regard to Jesus promise in Lk. 24:49, "I am going to send you what my Father has promised;".
According to the recorded testimony of Stephen, Acts 7:53 and Paul, Gal. 3:19, men who are creditable witnesses, this law was put into effect by angles after Jesus' crucifixion. For the law was changed after his ascension back to heaven back to heaven. Heb. 7:12 You may protest all you wish that it is not necessary for you to obey a law to obtain a relief from serving the penalty of death. But according to the scriptures and they are fact, there is no possibility of escaping from serving the penalty of eternal death if you don't obey the one word of law that has been added. You most assuredly will not be allowed to enter God's kingdom on the basis of assuming that Jesus' died in your place.

The righteousness of God in us is as the heat that emanates from our being in the flame of holiness with God. Holiness is the flame...and God's righteousness is the heat from that flame. We are to live sacrificially..our lives abandoned to carrying the dying of the Lord Jesus so that His life is made manifest in our mortal bodies. Only through such sacrificial vessels is the righteousness of God shown in the world.

Good morning,

Comparing the righteousness of man and God, Charles Spurgeon puts it like no other:

A human thing at best, how shall that match the divine righteousness? An imperfect thing at best, how shall I compare that with the perfect righteousness of Christ? A fading, floating thing, always apt to be damaged by the next moment's temptation, how can I be so foolish? A ridiculous thing, and ignominious thing, a filthy thing. Paul said that his righteousness, which was of the Law, was "blameless;" and yet he counted it dung that he might win Christ- dung, the most filthy thing. Here, scavenger, take it away! Have any of you any righteousness of your own? I do not believe that even the dustman would take it. He would say, "No, the carts are not for carting away man's righteousness; we have no place bad enough to shoot it into." Shoot it into the bottomless pit- nay, even there they have not any righteousness, for they know their true condition. Human righteousness is a great lie; it is filthy rags. Away with it from off the face of the earth! - Charles Spurgeon

- Davies
:nono2

Good morning,

Comparing the righteousness of man and God, Charles Spurgeon puts it like no other:

A human thing at best, how shall that match the divine righteousness? An imperfect thing at best, how shall I compare that with the perfect righteousness of Christ? A fading, floating thing, always apt to be damaged by the next moment's temptation, how can I be so foolish? A ridiculous thing, and ignominious thing, a filthy thing. Paul said that his righteousness, which was of the Law, was "blameless;" and yet he counted it dung that he might win Christ- dung, the most filthy thing. Here, scavenger, take it away! Have any of you any righteousness of your own? I do not believe that even the dustman would take it. He would say, "No, the carts are not for carting away man's righteousness; we have no place bad enough to shoot it into." Shoot it into the bottomless pit- nay, even there they have not any righteousness, for they know their true condition. Human righteousness is a great lie; it is filthy rags. Away with it from off the face of the earth! - Charles Spurgeon

- Davies :nono2
:amen

The most humble of men are those who think nothing of themselves. The boldest of men are those who think everthing of God.

Pro 28:1

The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion. :chin

Mat 9:20

And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
Mat 9:21

For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
Mat 9:22

But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

"12" is the number of the "church", and can anyone say that the "church" is not sick and weak? That its seems all our so-called "leaders" in the church, drain us of our money week to week and promise "some day God will heal", just keep giving us your tithe and offering and you will be made well! If that were true we all would be healed and blessed beyond measure! No! the "church" is as this woman "sick and weak"!

Isa 61:10

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
Isa 61:11

For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

What this woman did was touch "His Righteousness" and this must we the "Chruch" must also do! By faith to faith and glory to glory the "Church" will be made whole again!

Rom 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. :thumbsup

Gal 2:17

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain

One cannot be under law and be "in Christ" for "in Him" there is no sin. One cannot be "righteous" and be found a sinner. One cannot seek to justify themselves and be justified by Christ Jesus.

Luk 16:13

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. :chin

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Rom 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Yes we learn from faith to faith:thumbsup
Glad you kinda used a scripture:clap

One cannot be under law and be "in Christ" for "in Him" there is no sin. One cannot be "righteous" and be found a sinner. One cannot seek to justify themselves and be justified by Christ Jesus

This sounds like a mixture of law and grace. Living under 2 covenants. I don't think that's legal at least not when they are opposing in their requirements. I'll take the one that says grace.
I know I need His righteousness or I will be found a sinner!
Old covenant requirement = me PERFECTLY keeping the law, that could never happen, I need JESUS

One cannot be under law and be "in Christ" for "in Him" there is no sin. One cannot be "righteous" and be found a sinner. One cannot seek to justify themselves and be justified by Christ Jesus

This sounds like a mixture of law and grace. Living under 2 covenants. I don't think that's legal at least not when they are opposing in their requirements. I'll take the one that says grace.
Old covenant requirement = me PERFECTLY keeping the law, that could never happen, I need JESUS

Paul put every one of us 'under the Law' in Romans 13:8-10.

It's not hard to see the matter. The law only has to be comprehended exactly as Paul stated. A child can follow the Law perfectly. Every jot and tittle of it.

Those who want to 'externalize' the Law to letters just don't understand it whatsoever. The law is spiritual, fully applicable to every N.T. believer exactly as it's stated in Romans 13:8-10.

Paul says quite clearly if there by any commandment it is comprehended as Paul states.

There is no other legitimate view of the Law.

We have been given the measure of what the law is, requires and we ARE obligated to it, period, exactly how Paul stated.

Where believers get lost is in trying to externalize understandings.

s

Paul put every one of us 'under the Law' in Romans 13:8-10.

It's not hard to see the matter. The law only has to be comprehended exactly as Paul stated. A child can follow the Law perfectly. Every jot and tittle of it.

Those who want to 'externalize' the Law to letters just don't understand it whatsoever. The law is spiritual, fully applicable to every N.T. believer exactly as it's stated in Romans 13:8-10.

Paul says quite clearly if there by any commandment it is comprehended as Paul states.

There is no other legitimate view of the Law.

We have been given the measure of what the law is, requires and we ARE obligated to it, period, exactly how Paul stated.

Where believers get lost is in trying to externalize understandings.

s

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal 1:6

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

:wave

You got it! and just as Samsons hair was his Covenant with God, so is "Grace" and the "Righteousness of Faith" ours. Our part is just to keep it, and let no "evil person" cut it away from us, for it is our strength!

:swordsGod Bless- Mitspa

Uh, yeah, I know the scriptures pretty well.

In fact I hear they are available online for free. Imagine that?

Thanks

You must have missed a scripture or two? Or a Cross, with God on it, suffering for the sins of man?

I really have no idea what the point of that comment is. If you have one let me know.

Thanks.

s

Php 3:8

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Why is this so hard for some ?:wall

Back