Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

When did the Law pass or has it passed away?

"Love your neighbor as yourself" (Leviticus 19:18 NASB), 'Do not steal, Do not covet, Do not lie, etc' (Exodus 29) and other lawful commandments hardly amount to Jewish nonsense and tradition, but that's what a church that has been taught that any mention of the law (let alone actually fulfilling it) is equivalent to rejecting Christ and trying to be justified by the law.

17 But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him (Deuteronomy 15:7-8 NASB), how does the love of God abide in him? 18 Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. 19 We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him 20 in whatever our heart condemns us..." (1 John 3: NASB)

14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body (Deuteronomy 15:7-8 NASB), what use is that?" (James 2:14-15 NASB)

So what is it? "Can that faith save him?"

My Bible says, 'no'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping the law is only rejecting Christ if one is trying to be justified by that law keeping instead of being justified by faith in Christ's blood. That is the when law keeping is wrong.
Well the law is not of faith!
The WAY of law (to be justified) is not of faith. Faith does in fact uphold the law (Romans 3:31 NASB), or it is a faith that can not save (James 2:14-15 NASB), showing you to not have the righteousness of Christ by faith in his blood ("I will SHOW you my faith BY MY WORKS." James 2:18 NASB).

...and whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
What does doing something I don't know for sure I'm allowed to do (Romans 14:22-23) have to do with this????

Here is a scripture for you to reflect on.

It has to do with returning to the law and the sacrifices of the temple.

The setting is the third temple, just before Jesus returns -

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12

... And for this reason God will send them strong delusion,

The strong delusion that God sends them is "another messiah" who works signs and wonders from the temple, because the Jews have rejected Jesus and built another Temple and have returned to the Law.

The messianic movement is conditioning people unto the "falling away from the faith in Jesus".

... the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

A return to the Law of Moses is what the Jews are planning.

Undoubtedly many will be saved, however there will those who run after this "messiah" when he puts an end to "sacrifice and offering".

JLB

Wow JLB! did God show you this? For I have noticed this whole influx of jewish nonsense and traditions being brought into the church as well. Do you really think that it will come to these poor blinded souls rebuiling the temple? Wow! you just put a new wrinkle in my brain!
It does seem their is a strong demonic element working in the world to do this very thing? I guess we will know when we here that the jews and arabs have agreed the this plan? It may well come after a great war of some sort?

http://www.templeinstitute.org/temple_mount.htm

top-s.jpg
HALOM AND WELCOME to the official website of the TEMPLE INSTITUTE in Jerusalem, Israel. The Temple Institute is dedicated to every aspect of the Holy Temple of Jerusalem, and the central role it fulfilled, and will once again fulfill, in the spiritual wellbeing of both Israel and all the nations of the world. The Institute's work touches upon the history of the Holy Temple's past, an understanding of the present day, and the Divine promise of Israel's future. The Institute's activities include education, research, and development. The Temple Institute's ultimate goal is to see Israel rebuild the Holy Temple on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem, in accord with the Biblical commandments. We invite you to read our Statement of Principles. To learn more about the Temple Institute, click here. Please visit the events page, to keep updated on what is new on the site.

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12

The strong delusion that God sends them is "another messiah" who works signs and wonders from the temple, because the Jews have rejected Jesus and built another Temple and have returned to the Law.

The messianic movement is conditioning people unto the "falling away from the faith in Jesus".

... the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

Undoubtedly many will be saved, however there will those who run after this "messiah" when he puts an end to "sacrifice and offering".

JLB

Wow JLB! did God show you this? For I have noticed this whole influx of jewish nonsense and traditions being brought into the church as well. Do you really think that it will come to these poor blinded souls rebuiling the temple? Wow! you just put a new wrinkle in my brain!
It does seem their is a strong demonic element working in the world to do this very thing? I guess we will know when we here that the jews and arabs have agreed the this plan? It may well come after a great war of some sort?

I guess we will know when we here that the Jews and Arabs have agreed the this plan? It may well come after a great war of some sort?

Both Jew and Arab will respect and submit to this World leader who is coming. The prince who is to come.

T
he temple will come when the Leader of the World Governing Empire, as Cyrus was, who gave the command to restore a rebuild the city and the temple. This modern day World Leader CONFIRMS a covenant with many for one week.
Daniels 70th week will see this temple built.

Here is the Jerusalem Covenant that was drafted an signed by the leaders of Israel -

http://www.cdn-friends-icej.ca/covenant.html

JLB

I submit to everyone here that the church is under the strong illusion of thinking dead faith--faith that does not uphold the requirements of the law--somehow will save them on the Day of Wrath.
2 Cor 3:13-15
The ten commandments, have passed away.
They have passed away as a WAY to be declared righteous before God. They remain as the righteous standard upon which the righteousness of Christ can be measured in a person and remain as a standard of faith in Christ that is expected to be lived up to by God's People. A 'faith' that can not do that can not save.

The blindness of the Jews is that the Ten Commandments (and all the other law) is how a person is justified before God. It's absurd to think that the requirements themselves, 'do not murder', 'do not steal', etc. have somehow passed away. But that is what the 'do-nothing, I'm not judged by the law in any way' church thinks. They are upheld, kept, fulfilled, satisfied in the NEW WAY of faith in Christ, not in the OLD WAY of the powerlessness of mere written words.

That is not why few people put on the "wedding garment",

"few people"? I agree, many are indeed called, few are indeed chosen. I could support this with several Scriptures but let's look at "call" first:

"And they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful."
—Revelation 17:14

"And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding." —Matt 22:1-3

Translators use both 'bid' and 'call' in this parable to render kaleo (Strong's #2564). Because 'call' has such special significance in Scripture, the use of 'bid' introduces a vagueness not present in the original. It is better to use call throughout would be my thought.

The first call:
... "And they would not come. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are called, "Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage." But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned their city. Then saith he to his servants, "The wedding is ready, but they which were called were not worthy."
—Matthew 22:3-8

Now it might be difficult come to understand this but it is clear that the King was ready for his son's marriage to happen then and there and if, at that time, the guests were ready and worthy, there would have been a wedding. These verses appear to clearly describe the reaction of the Jews, the called people of God, to the ministry of Jesus and his disciples. How might they be seen in any other light? There was no marriage feast at that time.

We see that there was a "Shiddukhin" and know that it was the custom for the Father to select the bride for his son. This is seen clearly in the very lives of Isaac and Rebecca. Then comes the "Ketubah" or what some might understand as the "proposal". Despite the fact that it was an 'arranged marriage' the consent of the bride is very much a part of the process. Ketubah means - "written". The ketubah was and still is today the - 'marriage contract.' It includes the promise of the Bridegroom to provide and care for her as well as the "bride price" or dowry being paid. cf. Gen. 24:52-53. The wedding that the King planned for his son didn't happen at the first miracle of Jesus, he did change the water to wine and he did curse the tree upon his departure.

Kiddushin
Like many Jewish ceremonies, the wedding ceremony begins with a cup of wine. The rabbi recites a blessing over a cup of wine and a second blessing of sanctification over the marriage. Both the bride and the groom then drink from the cup. The groom then places a solid gold band on the right index finger of the bride and declares: “Behold, you are consecrated unto me with this ring according to the laws of Moses and Israel.” These two blessings and the giving of the ring, completes the ancient betrothal ceremony. To separate the first part of the wedding ceremony from the second part that follows, the Ketubah (marriage contract) is read following the giving of the ring.

Read more at Jewish Wedding Planning and take the Oy Vey out of your wedding day.

But back to the parable where we see that the wedding did not take place as planned. We know what happened.

Another call goes out:
"Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, call to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
— Matthew 22:9-12
The sending of the King’s servants into the highways depicts the call going out to the Gentiles. The "gathering" that is spoken of can also be used as a fishing term, where we see they were 'caught in a net'. Paul wrote of this call, "I say then, Have they [the Jews] stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles" (Rom. 11:11).

Notice that the servants were told to "compel" guests to come in, that they went to the streets and brought "both good and bad." (cf. Matthew 22:1-14. Luke 14:7-14, recalling what was said about the word "bid" or "bidden" and how it is the same word that is translated "call"). The "gathering" can be used to mean the net itself, if I read my Greek help books right. It is a worthwhile study. The term "bad" in the "both good and bad" phrase is interesting. Although it may mean "wicked or evil", the primary meaning is "burdened by many labors". In a physical sense: diseased or blind.

Many responded to this call and we understand today that this includes us, as Gentiles —the banquet hall filled; but, as indicated in the parable, entrance into the hall is not sufficient. It is necessary for each guest to put on a wedding garment.

Note: Some of what is posted here came from sources other than me including: Jewish Wedding Customs and the Bride of Messiah, by Glenn Kay, and JEWISH WEDDING TRADITIONS , published on JewishWeddingNetwork.com, The Parable of the Marriage Feast, by Richard Evans and Isaac and Rebecca, published by Chabad.org

Conclusion
Here we come to the part that you speak of, the Wedding Garment. Here we consider the words 'many,' and 'few,' and 'one'.

The Wedding Garment:
And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless."

For those who may not understand why I am posting in the "When Law" thread, my thought is that the law fully passes away on the wedding day. It has use until then. This is a thought and not something that I demand to be true, it is a considered thought. The Lord deals with us in His understanding of our place and need according to His abundant mercies. We are called into His service and directed to build each other up in our most holy faith. Hopefully all will work toward this goal.

Your thoughts, please?

Last edited by a moderator:
I submit to everyone here that the church is under the strong illusion of thinking dead faith--faith that does not uphold the requirements of the law--somehow will save them on the Day of Wrath.
2 Cor 3:13-15
The ten commandments, have passed away.
They have passed away as a WAY to be declared righteous before God. They remain as the righteous standard upon which the righteousness of Christ can be measured in a person and remain as a standard of faith in Christ that is expected to be lived up to by God's People. A 'faith' that can not do that can not save.

The blindness of the Jews is that the Ten Commandments (and all the other law) is how a person is justified before God. It's absurd to think that the requirements themselves, 'do not murder', 'do not steal', etc. have somehow passed away. But that is what the 'do-nothing, I'm not judged by the law in any way' church thinks. They are upheld, kept, fulfilled, satisfied in the NEW WAY of faith in Christ, not in the OLD WAY of the powerlessness of mere written words.

2 Pet 2:21-22 The WAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS is the righteousness of God by faith. Those who turn from the free gift of righteousness and go about to establish their own rightouesness by the law, are as the dog that returns to its vomit and the sow to wallow in thier own flesh and efforts to keep the written code.

FOR THE STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW. Rom 7:7-8

2 Pet 2:21-22 The WAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS is the righteousness of God by faith. Those who turn from the free gift of righteousness and go about to establish their own rightouesness by the law, are as the dog that returns to its vomit and the sow to wallow in thier own flesh and efforts to keep the written code.

And this has what to do with what I've been saying?

Maybe you meant to post this to someone else. Someone who is arguing for justification by works of the law.

JLB

I guess we will know when we here that the Jews and Arabs have agreed the this plan? It may well come after a great war of some sort?

Both Jew and Arab will respect and submit to this World leader who is coming. The prince who is to come.

T
he temple will come when the Leader of the World Governing Empire, as Cyrus was, who gave the command to restore a rebuild the city and the temple. This modern day World Leader CONFIRMS a covenant with many for one week.
Daniels 70th week will see this temple built.

Here is the Jerusalem Covenant that was drafted an signed by the leaders of Israel -

http://www.cdn-friends-icej.ca/covenant.html

JLB

Yea its all right there! but it is just so hard to accept that the "strong delusion" is so strong? What a time we live in brother! Grow in grace and knowledge and may the Spirit of God increase upon you. Fight the good fight of faith!

FOR THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH.

And this has what to do with what I've been saying?

Maybe you meant to post this to someone else. Someone who is arguing for justification by works of the law.

that is exaclty what you are trying to teach! That we are justified apart from the law, but now we must keep the written code of the law! That is to turn from the "way of righteousness" and go about to establish ones own righteousness by the law.

FOR CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

that is exaclty what you are trying to teach!
No. The problem is that's all you can hear. It's because of the indoctrination that rules the church these days.

That we are justified apart from the law, but now we must keep the written code of the law!
Show me this passage that says we are justified apart from the law to then not uphold the law, and I will show you (again) where it says we are justified apart from the law by the blood of Christ to then uphold the law. Okay?

That is to turn from the "way of righteousness" and go about to establish ones own righteousness by the law.

How is doing what John taught, that I can know that I have eternal life, and that I have God's love in me, and that I belong to the truth, and have assurance of heart, by whether or not I keep the commandments of God (1 John 3:15-22)--somehow equivalent to being justified (MADE) righteous by the law?

You see, your argument is with John, not me, friendo. Defend your doctrine.

that is exaclty what you are trying to teach!
No. The problem is that's all you can hear. It's because of the indoctrination that rules the church these days.

That we are justified apart from the law, but now we must keep the written code of the law!
Show me this passage that says we are justified apart from the law to then not uphold the law, and I will show you (again) where it says we are justified apart from the law by the blood of Christ to then uphold the law. Okay?

That is to turn from the "way of righteousness" and go about to establish ones own righteousness by the law.

How is doing what John taught, that I can know that I have eternal life, and that I have God's love in me, and that I belong to the truth, and have assurance of heart, by whether or not I keep the commandments of God (1 John 3:15-22)--somehow equivalent to being justified (MADE) righteous by the law?

John assumes one to have heeded the gospel, that the commanmdments in which he speaks are explained in the very next verse that you so willingly ignore? This is bearing false witness, by the way!
1 John 3:23-24
So then the your understanding is not the same as Johns.
For John wrote that in Him we have no sin and cannot sin.

BECAUSE WE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW!

John assumes one to have heeded the gospel, that the commanmdments in which he speaks are explained in the very next verse that you so willingly ignore? This is bearing false witness, by the way!

Sorry, but you're not explaining his use of the lawful commands I pointed out that he says show that I have eternal life, the love of God in me, that I belong to the truth, have assurance of heart, and that I have been doing right, or not. In complete and utter contradiction to your claim that the law can in no way be used to judge a man.

Sorry, but you're not explaining his use of the lawful commands I pointed out that he says show that I have eternal life, the love of God in me, that I belong to the truth, have assurance of heart, and that I have been doing right, or not. In complete and utter contradiction to your claim that the law can in no way be used to judge a man.

Well John is saying the oppisite of what you think?
That those who are under the law are lawless because the do not keep the laws of God. Those who practise righteouness are those who walk in Gods righteousness by faith.

For in Him we do not sin and cannot sin.
Now if you want to judge your righteouness by the law "witten code" you are free to do so! In fact you should judge yourself by its true and highest standard! Then you would become as a fool and God could make you wise.

Rom 3:19-23

Then maybe you will understand the purpose of the law, is to "shut the mouth" of those who think they can work righteousness by the law.

Well John is saying the oppisite of what you think?
That those who are under the law are lawless because the do not keep the laws of God.
Okay, so using this statement, how do I know if I'm 'under the law' or not, then?

Come on, you know the answer.

Those who practise righteouness are those who walk in Gods righteousness by faith.
What specific example of God's righteousness does John use to show us how we can know if we have eternal life in us, and have the love of God in us, and belong to the truth, and which sets our hearts at rest? Where is that example of God's righteousness from?

For in Him we do not sin and cannot sin.
Now if you want to judge your righteouness by the law "witten code" you are free to do so!
Of course I can. John said I can. And he said what all the benefits are of doing so.

Do you disagree with John? You must, because you teach others NOT to do that, because you say that is equivalent to trying to be justified by the law. John doesn't think that. Who should I listen to? You, or John?

Then maybe you will understand the purpose of the law, is to "shut the mouth" of those who think they can work righteousness by the law.
What does that have to do with what I'm defending? I'm showing you where the Bible plainly says the law can be used to show if we have the righteousness of God, or not, even setting our hearts at rest about the matter.

Okay, so using this statement, how do I know if I'm 'under the law' or not, then?

What specific example of God's righteousness does John use to show us how we can know if we have eternal life in us, and have the love of God in us, and belong to the truth, and which sets our hearts at rest? Where is that example of God's righteousness from?

Of course I can. John said I can. And he said what all the benefits are of doing so.

Do you disagree with John? You must, because you teach others NOT to do that, because you say that is equivalent to trying to be justified by the law. John doesn't think that. Who should I listen to? You, or John?

What does that have to do with what I'm defending? I'm showing you where the Bible plainly says the law can be used to show if we have the righteousness of God, or not, even setting our hearts at rest about the matter.

So then we come back to the fact that love has fulfilled the law, and that the law stands as a witness to the Spirit.
It cannot justify in any way nor can it make a charge of sin against those who are justified by Christ.

So then THE LETTER (requirment of the letter) KILLS, BUT THE SPIRIT (faith working by love) GIVES LIFE.

So then we come back to the fact that love has fulfilled the law...
And for purposes of this thread the fulfilling of the law is one way how we can tell if we have been walking in love.

The law has NOT passed away. The WAY of the law to be justified and serve God has passed in favor of the new WAY to be justified and serve God. The requirements of the law remain.

...and that the law stands as a witness to the Spirit.
It stands as a witness to whether or not we have the love of God in us, and whether or not have been walking in accordance with that love by the Spirit of God.

It cannot justify in any way nor can it make a charge of sin against those who are justified by Christ.
It can not justify, but it will stand as witness of wrong doing, even for the born again believer. And, ultimately, if you do not belong to Christ, it will condemn you as an unbeliever.

So then THE LETTER (requirment of the letter) KILLS...
After we are born again, the WAY of the letter has no power to lead us into righteousness.

...BUT THE SPIRIT (faith working by love) GIVES LIFE.
Which we can tell is really true or not by if we...wait for it...uphold the law.

And for purposes of this thread the fulfilling of the law is one way how we can tell if we have been walking in love.

The law has NOT passed away. The WAY of the law to be justified and serve God has passed in favor of the new WAY to be justified and serve God. The requirements of the law remain.

...and that the law stands as a witness to the Spirit.
It stands as a witness to whether or not we have the love of God in us, and whether or not have been walking in accordance with that love by the Spirit of God.

It can not justify, but it will stand as witness of wrong doing, even for the born again believer. And, ultimately, if you do not belong to Christ, it will condemn you as an unbeliever.

So then THE LETTER (requirment of the letter) KILLS...
After we are born again, the WAY of the letter has no power to lead us into righteousness.

...BUT THE SPIRIT (faith working by love) GIVES LIFE.
Which we can tell is really true or not by if we...wait for it...uphold the law.

Sorry the letter cannot judge the spirit. Those who are justified are justified. Now a justified and righteous in Christ believer is not judged by the letter. We who have no confidence in the flesh are the ones who "uphold" the law and its unbending written standard.
The law stands as a witness to Christ and Christ in us.
Love is the fulfillment of the law. For those who love another have fulfilled the law.
So then love was and is Gods nature and His law.

Yes in fact the written code and it standard have passed away for those who are justified in Christ.
FOR CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW, FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
we who are in Christ are judged by the law of faith and the commandment of Christ " THIS IS MY COMMANDMENT, THAT YOU LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU"

as Paul summed up the gospel in its simplicty!
NOTHING PROFITS ANYTHING BUT FAITH WORKING BY LOVE.

this is the gospel! The law of the Spirit of life in Christ has set me free from the law of sin and death. (the written code)

Back