Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

When did the Law pass or has it passed away?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What God really desires is repentance. He desire us to stop sinning. The whole idea of sinning, sacrificing and sinning again is an affront to God...

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I'll just keep doing this because I am under grace, there is no law...

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

The point of the Law is to define sin...

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

oddly enough, the example Paul uses is the tenth Commandment.

As I have said many, many times, one hundred lifetimes of one hundred years each of perfectly keeping the Law does not earn one eternal life, it is the gift of God. But God does not hand out this precious gift to those who treat as a common thing the price Christ paid to forgive those sins that held us under the death penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:
You haven't been listening to what I'm saying. The law of Moses is to be understood in terms of 'requirements', and 'fulfillment'. Think how the Mosaic requirement for blood is fulfilled in Christ and you'll see what I'm talking about. Christ is not a literal to-the-letter keeping of the law of Moses, but fulfills God's requirements found in the law of Moses nonetheless. Faith in Christ fulfills the law of Moses. And the Church in all the world is to be taught to do that. Sadly, the indoctrination in the church today will force you to think, first, 'no one is justified by the law' (as if that's the only thing law is about), then immediately behind that the indoctrination will force you to think 'literal to-the-letter' keeping of the law. That programmed thinking will keep you from seeing the truth of how faith does in fact satisfy the law of Moses if you let them. In fact, faith is expected to uphold the law of Moses as I have been putting that forth here.

You use no scripture to validate your position.

Apart from the way you are demonizing the argument, it's easy to see that Paul thought that. It's undeniable. The indoctrination of law/grace that is in the church today is probably what's causing you to have such a legalistic and narrow view of this.

You have no scripture to substantiate your doctrine.

You're couching the argument to protect your doctrine. We all know the Land, and the law that ruled the people of that Land, is illustrative of the separating out of the people of God from the world. It's no different now. The people of God are separated unto their own 'place' of blessing. A blessing that is contingent on obedience to the rules and regulations that govern the people of God, summed up in the Mosaic command to 'love your neighbor as yourself'. The law of the oxen being one of those examples of how we fulfill the requirements of the law of Moses by "faith expressing itself through love". That is how the people of God walk in the blessings of their salvation. If you don't start thinking in terms of 'fulfillment', and 'requirements', instead of the narrow legalistic thinking of 'keep', and 'laws', you'll see we do indeed uphold the requirements of the law of Moses in this New Covenant...and teach each to do so. Moses law of blood sacrifice is, IMO, the premier, and most easily understood example of this.

No Scripture, just your opinion about what you think and what others have taught as well as what the church today thinks...

You do however seem to think that Paul who is writing a letter to Gentile Christians living in Greece is making these Gentile believers in Christ, try and keep the law of Moses in Greece.

Brother, please show me in Moses Law where Gentiles are supposed to adhere to the law living outside of Israel.

If you think that asking for scripture is "demonizing" then, whats the point of this discussion.

Let's stick to what the scriptures teach.

JLB

What God really desires is repentance. He desire us to stop sinning. The whole idea of sinning, sacrificing and sinning again is an affront to God...

Totally agree!

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Excellent scripture and good point!

A very sad misconception that alot of the church is under.

JLB

We come to see that the WORD truth is a new covenant added to the Torah which sums to love god and neighbor.

Totally backwards.

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

The Law was added to the covenant that God made with Abraham!

JLB

I would find it most interesting and enlightening if someone could explain to me how to obey say, the command not to commit adultery in the spirit, all the while having a go at the neighbors spouse. Looks to me like one has to do both.

The Law punished the Jew AFTER he committed the adultery.
The penalty was to sacrifice so many doves.

The Truth was that he knew he was sinning and repenting in this kind of a cycle which fostered the lie of his pretended worship of God.
It is the very heart of Christianity that one face this Truth, before allowing himself to get away with the sin, and presenting himself as an observant Jew.

The Law punishes, but never saves us from the next sin.
Only accepting the Truth can save us, in that we know we are intentionally evil and born of the satanic lust of the Libidio that drives men in every generation to do these things

We come to see that we are harming our neighbors, directly or indirectly, when we sin, and it does not matter that we then make a sacrifice and ignore the Truth about our repetitious behaviors that we will not change.

Yes, I see this is the spirit in which the Law of God was given even before they were written down as the Law of Moses. The Law of Moses included more laws I think because now they would actually have a place to grow crops, orchards, vineyards, etc. so He gave them in instruction in agriculture laws as well so that they could prosper and care for the Levites, the poor, and the widows and children, as other types of laws were such as incest, to protect them from the deformities and diseases of inbreeding.

It was not about following rules for the sake of following rules. The rules actually for the good of man. It is the same today.

If we are doing what God tells us to do, we will not being doing what He tells us not to do.
So in [MENTION=88954]John 8:32[/MENTION] s example, if we are keeping are eyes on the Lord, staying in faith by loving/respecting our spouse as the Lord tells us to do, we will not being out committing adultery, doing what He tells us not to do.

Yes, I see this is the spirit in which the Law of God was given even before they were written down as the Law of Moses. The Law of Moses included more laws I think because now they would actually have a place to grow crops, orchards, vineyards, etc. so He gave them in instruction in agriculture laws as well so that they could prosper and care for the Levites, the poor, and the widows and children, as other types of laws were such as incest, to protect them from the deformities and diseases of inbreeding.

It was not about following rules for the sake of following rules. The rules actually for the good of man. It is the same today.

If we are doing what God tells us to do, we will not being doing what He tells us not to do.
So in @John 8:32 s example, if we are keeping are eyes on the Lord, staying in faith by loving/respecting our spouse as the Lord tells us to do, we will not being out committing adultery, doing what He tells us not to do.

Exactly....

That's the truth.

JLB,

If your doctrine is correct, why is Paul teaching the law of Moses...and teaching others to fulfill it outside of Israel?

"8 I am not speaking these things according to human judgment, am I? Or does not the Law also say these things? 9 For it is written in the Law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle the ox while he is threshing.†God is not concerned about oxen, is He? 10 Or is He speaking altogether for our sake? Yes, for our sake it was written" (1 Corinthians 9:8-9 NASB)

This law was given for our sake. But you say it has been abolished, and when it was in force it was only for the Land. It's interesting that he makes his appeal to that which is written--but which you say is no longer applicable in any way shape or form--to guide and teach the gentile Corinthians.

Love that oxen thing. Now if I could just explain what I think I know LOL.

Jesus spoke in parables.
Matthew 13:15
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Parables were given by Jesus so that everyone might not understand. If the information had been given to everyone openly then everyone would have been converted (?). I am not trying to get a TULIP conversation started.

So it winds up with the oxen (in the Law) that the meaning is beyond the written text of the Law. So it must be with many passages that the hidden message / lesson is not clearly stated in the Law (the concept is there if eyes of understanding are open).

Some Gentiles have the Law written on their hearts (and I would suppose that some Jewish persons have that done to them also).

Church tradition sometimes teaches that parables were used to teach a simple people, but the scripture teaches that hearing they might not hear.

The Law is of great use if you go through and understand the extended message of the Law. The Law is rich in helping understand beyond the physical (concrete -to- abstract / concrete to concrete / abstract to abstract / etc.

Gravity tries to sink the boat, but the greater law of bouyancy can win. The law of sin and death tries to destroy us, but the redemption of Jesus is the greater force. Both forces work at the same time (natural and spiritual). The laws of nature reaveal God (hidden) and the Law of Moses reveals God (still somewhat hidden IMHO).

You must be born of the Spirit. At any time I can get off in the flesh and blow all this to bits. The Law is good if used the right way.

That Mississippi feller done gone to talking about oxen and boats again.

eddif

And, the word, Truth, was added, likewise, "to the covenant that God made with Abraham."

Sorry, I am not following you.

Please give me a scripture for what you are referring to so I can track with you.

JLB

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

The point of the Law is to define sin...

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

oddly enough, the example Paul uses is the tenth Commandment.

As I have said many, many times, one hundred lifetimes of one hundred years each of perfectly keeping the Law does not earn one eternal life, it is the gift of God. But God does not hand out this precious gift to those who treat as a common thing the price Christ paid to forgive those sins that held us under the death penalty.

Exactly...that is why we need Jesus and the Father's Spirit. Without the purpose and accepting the free gift of what Jesus did for us, there is death. We cannot be justified by the law.
It is the Spirit that helps us to live in the law of God <versus> the law of the mind == law of sin without the Spirit .

Blessings...

Repentance (John's Baptism)
Salvation (Jesus's Baptism)
Empowerment (Holy Spirit Baptism)

Know: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

IMHO all the aspects still exist. Jesus increased and John decreased. There are a host of things going on , but IMHO we have three major areas.

I understand the different ways people tend to think, and I will tolerate other views.

eddif

If your doctrine is correct, why is Paul teaching the law of Moses...and teaching others to fulfill it outside of Israel?

"8 I am not speaking these things according to human judgment, am I? Or does not the Law also say these things? 9 For it is written in the Law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle the ox while he is threshing.” God is not concerned about oxen, is He? 10 Or is He speaking altogether for our sake? Yes, for our sake it was written" (1 Corinthians 9:8-9 NASB)

I don't see here that Paul was teaching them the Law of Moses. What he is teaching is the Spirit that is the true motive behind the Law of Moses. "Giving, sharing, supporting".
He's teaching the summation of the law, 'love your neighbor as yourself' (Romans 13:9 NASB) using the law of Moses. It's interesting that he would make an appeal to the authority of a law that some insist is abolished.

I can guarantee there are very few Christians who obey the Law of Moses in giving but they do obey in giving by what comes from their heart in most cases.
Of course you are making a reference to Paul's instructions in 2 Corinthians:

7 Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed..." (2 Corinthians 9:7-8 NASB)

But, did you know his instructions to these gentiles, along with the promised blessing, is not just a principle of giving but is right out of the law of Moses?

"10 You shall generously give to him, and your heart shall not be grieved when you give to him, because for this thing the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all your undertakings." (Deuteronomy 15:10 NASB)

I know very few who give the approx. 23 1/3 % of their gross income as per the Law...
Did you know tithing is not taught the same way it is taught in the Law of Moses? The church goofed it up and made it more burdensome than any law of Moses did.

...God gives the Law of Moses with the Spirit behind it, to benefit the people, gives written guidelines...
But which we see in this New Covenant in this case of giving is actually quite literally the very law of Moses (and taught to gentiles to boot), not just the Spirit behind the law of Moses.

It's interesting that he would make an appeal to the authority of a law that some insist is abolished.

The problem is, "the some who are insisting" is Paul and the Apostles and the Holy Spirit.

We who can read what they taught us, refer to these writings.

JLB

It's interesting that he would make an appeal to the authority of a law that some insist is abolished.

The problem is, "the some who are insisting" is Paul and the Apostles and the Holy Spirit.

JLB
Here's another example of Paul consulting the authority of a law many insist got abolished and no longer applicable to the people of God to teach the gentile church:

Referring to marriage, he says...
"15 ...if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases" (1 Corinthians 7:15 NASB)

Which comes right out of the law of Moses:

"14 It shall be, if you are not pleased with her, then you shall let her go wherever she wishes" (Deuteronomy 21:14 NASB)

JLB
Here's another example of Paul consulting the authority of a law many insist got abolished and no longer applicable to the people of God to teach the gentile church:

"15 ...if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases" (1 Corinthians 7:15 NASB)

"14 It shall be, if you are not pleased with her, then you shall let her go wherever she wishes" (Deuteronomy 21:14 NASB)

Jesus over rules the handwriting of requirement in the law of Moses by saying, because of the hardness of your heart Moses allowed you to divorce... Now get what He says at the end of this verse!!!

But from the beginning it was not so! Matthew 19:8

Thank you for making my point!

JLB

JLB

Jesus over rules the handwriting of requirement in the law of Moses by saying, because of the hardness of your heart Moses allowed you to divorce... Now get what He says at the end of this verse!!!

JLB

So Jesus overrules? OK, same chapter...

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The Ten Commandments.

Jesus overrules?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So the first thing everyone thinks is that Christ DID do away with the Law. Upon reading the rest of Mat 5 and 6 and 7, we see that He added the spiritual component to the Law that Israel could not understand because they did not have the Holy Spirit.

so let me ask you, when did it become acceptable to murder? To commit Adultery? To Lie? Are these Laws still in effect? If not, they are not sin...

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

So tell me, are the Ten Commandments done away? Or did Christ add a spiritual component to them, such as...

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mat 5:23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Mat 5:24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
Mat 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
Mat 5:26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Mat 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
Mat 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Mat 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

perfect:

G5046
τέλειος
teleios
tel'-i-os
From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect.

In other words, keeping these Laws in the spiritual sense is becoming complete, of full age, a mature Christian.

JLB

So Jesus overrules? OK, same chapter...

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The Ten Commandments.

Jesus overrules?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So the first thing everyone thinks is that Christ DID do away with the Law. Upon reading the rest of Mat 5 and 6 and 7, we see that He added the spiritual component to the Law that Israel could not understand because they did not have the Holy Spirit.

so let me ask you, when did it become acceptable to murder? To commit Adultery? To Lie? Are these Laws still in effect? If not, they are not sin...

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

So tell me, are the Ten Commandments done away? Or did Christ add a spiritual component to them, such as...

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mat 5:23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Mat 5:24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
Mat 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
Mat 5:26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Mat 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
Mat 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Mat 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

perfect:

G5046
τέλειος
teleios
tel'-i-os
From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect.

In other words, keeping these Laws in the spiritual sense is becoming complete, of full age, a mature Christian.

Are under the impression that the 10 Commandments somehow originated with Moses?

You shall have no other gods before Me.

By choosing to obey Satan, rather than God, Adam clearly violated the first commandment.

Abraham walked in God's commandments 430 years before the Law of Moses.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back