Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where are the miracles?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This we can agree on, but how can you be His disciple as by what you say about being baptized in the Jordon River you are not even saved yet as that means you are not of Christ by what you teach.

There is a big difference between John the Baptist baptizing for the remission of sins and that of the Baptism of Christ for receiving the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. In Acts 2 there were 120 in the upper room that received the Baptism of Christ and after Peter preaching to the crowd another 3000 we added to the body of Christ that day.

John 8:19 King James Version

19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

The 2.2 Billions that have not been Baptised in Jordan River have never known the Messiah/Christ.

It's not my mind I'm worried about. I'ts yours. You make statements but cannot answer questions.

Your continual refusal to answer the questions reveal you don't know what you're talking about.

Quantrill

1 Corinthians 2:16 King James Version

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

We have the Mind of Messiah/Christ.

1 John 2:26-27 King James Version

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Answered that question already with Scripture.
See what I mean as I never asked you are question in post #208. You just spout out scripture that has no relation to that for what you say.

The problem with today's Western churches is that there is a general skepticism concerning the supernatural, which does not exist in the third world. In African and Asian countries, they are very aware of the supernatural through their paganism and witch doctors. When the gospel is preached, the signs and wonders do follow, because when the people hear that God can and will heal the sick and release them from demonic power, they believe it, and it happens. This is why we hear more of miracles in third world countries.

Our Western churches are corrupted by "enlightenment" philosophy that follow Plato and Aristotle, who taught that the only reality is what we perceive through our five senses, and that anything supernatural is not real. This philosophy gave rise to Cessatonist teaching, which says that the supernatural gifts of the Spirit were just for the Apostolic period and when the canon of Scripture was established, miracles and Spiritual gifts weren't needed any longer. This form of unbelief has so pervaded the general churches, that the Holy Spirit cannot do much in the way of miraculous, in the same way that Jesus couldn't do any miracles in His home town of Nazareth.

Even when there are miracles of healing and deliverance, they are largely explained away by the critics. Also, the Prosperity gospel that Kenny Copeland and his brood of thieves and robbers (those who depart from the true gospel of Christ) have so corrupted the Charismatic movement, that many in churches have lost faith in signs, wonders, and miracles accompanying the preaching of the gospel.

So, in general, the Church is its own worst enemy when it comes to believing that signs, wonders, and miracles do follow the preaching of the gospel in today's world.
I couldn't agree anymore. Great post

Mark 1:9-10 King James Version

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

for_his_glory, Do you know that Yeshua/Jesus was Baptised in River Jordan?
Already explained that, but you refuse what the scriptures say as you add to them and take away from them.

Revelation 2:11 King James Version

11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Being Baptised in Jordan River is an act of Faith.

Good question. What is the Second Death? Firstly stated in Revelation 2:11.
Please show us scripture that water baptism in the Jordon River is an act of faith as I will show you it is a work of repentance only in which was only administered by John the Baptist and ended after Jesus was baptized by John as a fulfillment of righteousness when the heavens opened and the Holy Spirit came upon Him as God gave Jesus all His power and authority here on earth, Matthew 3:11-17; Romans 10:17. This is why John said "I must decrease so Jesus can increase. Christ never baptized anyone in water as the baptism of Christ is for receiving the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that started on the day of Pentecost where in the upper room there were a total of 120 that received the Holy Spirit and later that day 3000 more were baptized in the Holy Spirit without a single one being immersed in the Jordon river, Acts 2. There is nothing wrong with water baptism as it is only an outward appearance to others that you have repented and received Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior. No one who has confessed Christ and have received the indwelling of the Holy Spirit will be cast into the lake of fire if they were never actually immersed in water after receiving the Holy Spirit. You are preaching another gospel whether you believe it or not as you are being seduced in believing the lies of the devil.

Here is what is meant by the second death.

Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Hell
Hebrew # 7585 Sheol, Hades, or the world of the dead, grave, hell, pit
Greek # 86 place of departed souls, grave, hell

Hell only means the grave as through Christ we have victory over the grave in the resurrection as being overcomers of this world, 1Corintians 15:54, 55.
Hell/grave will be cast into the lake of fire as there will be no more need of the grave after God's final judgement on the last day when Christ returns. The second death means those who are Spiritually dead listed in Rev 21:8 that have rejected truth and also those who preach another gospel as no truth is found in them.

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

We have Faith in Elohim/God that those truly seeking will accomplish all that Elohim/God demands of them.
Then why have you not been baptized in the Jordon River yet since you say God demands this. What are you waiting for?

John 8:19 King James Version

19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

The 2.2 Billions that have not been Baptised in Jordan River have never known the Messiah/Christ.
Well then I guess by what you say all of us Christians here in this Christian forum and all around the world have not known Christ, even though we have been Spiritually born again from above and indwelled with the Holy Spirit, but are going to be cast into the lake of fire because we never traveled to the Jordon River to be baptized in order to be saved.

Can't you see how foolish it is to believe this lie you are being taught by the father of lies (Satan) who works through those to seduce you and blind you from all truths. I am very said for you my friend.

Last edited:
1 Corinthians 2:16 King James Version

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

We have the Mind of Messiah/Christ.
I'm trying to say this respectfully, but you do not have the mind of Christ as you preach lies of the Devil. Please come out from who is teaching you and start praying and asking the Holy Spirit teach you then you will have the mind of Christ in all truths.

Luke 1:5 King James Version

5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

John is a Levite. Is the Water Baptism in Christendom for Remission of Sins a Levite Practice?
There is still research as to the purpose of the baptismal pools found at the Essenes and elsewhere in Jerusalem and throughout Jewish settlements. At the time Christ was baptized, it was a Levite practice. It was honored by the Father. Yet Christ was sinless to begin with. Is there a difference in John's Baptism and those baptized after a crucified Christ? John's Baptism was for the Jew. Christian Baptism is for all humanity.

The Bible is full of extraordinary events. People were raised from the dead, seas were parted, water turned into wine. Where are the miracles of today? Where is God in modern times?

Hi it still happens. In the bible Christ goes to this town where all He could do was lay hands on a few and teach. Why? As its says because of their doubt.

Everything you said still happens today but where there is doubt you will not see it. In so many 3rd world nations there are healings dead raised you name it.

When I was in my early 20's in the back of the Church with a friend I asked him who was that woman up front? See she was crying jumping screaming. He said "see all these people here? Half came with her because she was blind...oh not any more praise GOD glory to Jesus. Saved or not... He is still working. He loves this world.. why He came died took there place. See the good news is Christ loved you so much He took your place.. just come to Him..JESUS is very real. Anyone has to from there heart just ask.. He will show up.

See its faith in His word. So many look around at others to then come to a conclusion. Thats not what the bible says. Its faith in Him in that name! Like born again. John 3 16 for God so loved the world He gave His only son that who so ever believes in Him will not die but have ever lasting life. <---thats faith. To read hear that and then just believe that HE said it He will do it. JESUS is VERY VERY real!

So in America there is allot of doubt.. God will not can not go against that. Ask Him.. if your so real... ask Him. The key is from the heart.

Please show us scripture that water baptism in the Jordon River is an act of faith as I will show you it is a work of repentance only in which was only administered by John the Baptist and ended after Jesus was baptized by John as a fulfillment of righteousness when the heavens opened and the Holy Spirit came upon Him as God gave Jesus all His power and authority here on earth, Matthew 3:11-17; Romans 10:17. This is why John said "I must decrease so Jesus can increase. Christ never baptized anyone in water as the baptism of Christ is for receiving the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that started on the day of Pentecost where in the upper room there were a total of 120 that received the Holy Spirit and later that day 3000 more were baptized in the Holy Spirit without a single one being immersed in the Jordon river, Acts 2. There is nothing wrong with water baptism as it is only an outward appearance to others that you have repented and received Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior. No one who has confessed Christ and have received the indwelling of the Holy Spirit will be cast into the lake of fire if they were never actually immersed in water after receiving the Holy Spirit. You are preaching another gospel whether you believe it or not as you are being seduced in believing the lies of the devil.

James 2:14 Young's Literal Translation

14 What [is] the profit, my brethren, if faith, any one may speak of having, and works he may not have? is that faith able to save him?

Do you agree with and understand James?

Here is what is meant by the second death.

Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Hell
Hebrew # 7585 Sheol, Hades, or the world of the dead, grave, hell, pit
Greek # 86 place of departed souls, grave, hell

Hell only means the grave as through Christ we have victory over the grave in the resurrection as being overcomers of this world, 1Corintians 15:54, 55.
Hell/grave will be cast into the lake of fire as there will be no more need of the grave after God's final judgement on the last day when Christ returns. The second death means those who are Spiritually dead listed in Rev 21:8 that have rejected truth and also those who preach another gospel as no truth is found in them.

The Second Death is death and hell being cast into the lake of fire, stated in Revelation 20:14. He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. What are the overcomers overcoming? Are the overcomers Sons of Elohim/God?

Well then I guess by what you say all of us Christians here in this Christian forum and all around the world have not known Christ, even though we have been Spiritually born again from above and indwelled with the Holy Spirit, but are going to be cast into the lake of fire because we never traveled to the Jordon River to be baptized in order to be saved.

Can't you see how foolish it is to believe this lie you are being taught by the father of lies (Satan) who works through those to seduce you and blind you from all truths. I am very said for you my friend.

John 3:5 King James Version

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

You have never been truly Spiritually born again as you believe, because you must be Baptised in River Jordan to become Spiritually Born Again or Born From Above. You refuse to see the truth.

I'm trying to say this respectfully, but you do not have the mind of Christ as you preach lies of the Devil. Please come out from who is teaching you and start praying and asking the Holy Spirit teach you then you will have the mind of Christ in all truths.

We pray and request the same for you, for_his_glory, as we see what you have said a perfect description of your own condition.

There is still research as to the purpose of the baptismal pools found at the Essenes and elsewhere in Jerusalem and throughout Jewish settlements. At the time Christ was baptized, it was a Levite practice. It was honored by the Father. Yet Christ was sinless to begin with. Is there a difference in John's Baptism and those baptized after a crucified Christ? John's Baptism was for the Jew. Christian Baptism is for all humanity.

We are not sure you answered the question. Water Baptism for the Remission of Sins is John's Baptism and John is a Levite.

Is the Water Baptism in Christendom, shown in video, for Remission of Sins a Levite Practice?

Chicago Baptism 01/16/2021

Back