Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who are the Four Horsemen?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Only those who follow Preterism doctrines, and even half of them aren't allowed to post on these forums, and as for the other half few pays attention to them. Wait, they don't pay attention to me either. :shrug
I certainly do not pay attention to Preterism views.They are wayyyyy too out there for me.

which half cant post in here? if they are preterist and they have been just as long as me I will know whom there.
1) reba
2) synthesis
3) willie t
4) myself
5) gary has some of that too.
those are the only ones I know that post openly.

Kathi What are preterism views?
They take the book of Revelation as symbolic.They deny the future prophetic qualities of Revelation.They combine the allegorical and symbolic interpretations.They teach that end-time prophecies of the New Testament were fullfilled in A.D.70 when the Romans attacked and destroyed Jerusalem and Israel.
But then there is partial Preterism
They believe that the prophecies in Daniel and Revelation(with the exception of the last 2-3 Chapters of Revelation) have already been fulfilled and were fullfilled no later than the first Century A.D.

Last edited:
They take the book of Revelation as symbolic.They deny the future prophetic qualities of Revelation.They combine the allegorical and symbolic interpretations.They teach that end-time prophecies of the New Testament were fullfilled in A.D.70 when the Romans attacked and destroyed Jerusalem and Israel.
But then there is partial Preterism too.
please delinate the differences more clearly. a full preterist is the former and the later is called a partial preterist.

the biggest reason I don't buy futurism is that it says jesus will return to simply set up another church. like it or not. a saved messianic jew is picking what part of the torah he can do. I don't see that in the torah, after the cross we are free to do that but after the cross there is no jewish state its all in jesus. I see romans 10 as toward me and those like me that return or come to the lord of the lineage of Abraham. if its a literal location of land only then all jews outside of isreal aren't to be called jews. yet that is a predicament since paul was reaching jews outside and inside of isreal and james wrote to the lost tribes of isreal.

please delinate the differences more clearly. a full preterist is the former and the later is called a partial preterist.

the biggest reason I don't buy futurism is that it says jesus will return to simply set up another church. like it or not. a saved messianic jew is picking what part of the torah he can do. I don't see that in the torah, after the cross we are free to do that but after the cross there is no jewish state its all in jesus. I see romans 10 as toward me and those like me that return or come to the lord of the lineage of Abraham. if its a literal location of land only then all jews outside of isreal aren't to be called jews. yet that is a predicament since paul was reaching jews outside and inside of isreal and james wrote to the lost tribes of isreal.
You can believe what you want to believe.I was only giving my definition of the two beliefs.

But then there is partial Preterism
They believe that the prophecies in Daniel and Revelation(with the exception of the last 2-3 Chapters of Revelation) have already been fulfilled and were fullfilled no later than the first Century A.D.
Good ol got questions

I believe the Olivet discourse was the prophecy of the coming destruction of Jerusalem...

jasonc is there a time recorded when God sent big troubles to Jerusalem without warning?...

I believe the Olivet discourse was the prophecy of the coming destruction of Jerusalem...

jasonc is there a time recorded when God sent big troubles to Jerusalem without warning?...
no, not that I know of. modern isreal, get this, is NOT founded on JUDAISM but the right of jews to simply have a homeland based on the historical location of the jews in the past. the founder of that nation hated JUDAISM. he wanted the government to be secular and also to allow men of all faiths to be allowed to live there. isreal is largely jewish, so of course Judaism is big over there and like America's Christianity its is allowed to be on government buildings. America has moved away from that. rabbis do pray over the Knesset.

Any scriptural commentary is mans opinion of said scripture.... From Got questions to Old Matthew Henry including my own thoughts ....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

There are all kinds of beliefs out there.

We can be so happy about that ! Saying what you did reminds me we could be in a muslim place where we would not have such freedom of beliefs...

Any scriptural commentary is mans opinion of said scripture.... From Got questions to Old Matthew Henry including my own thoughts ....

We can be so happy about that ! Saying what you did reminds me we could be in a muslim place where we would not have such freedom of beliefs...
I don't have to be in a Muslim place to know that I am happy and content with knowing Biblical truth.I think that is God wants of us.

WHAT TRUTH IS NOT

And this is by one of my favorite research sites :)
Truth is not simply whatever works. This is the philosophy of pragmatism – an ends-vs.-means-type approach. In reality, lies can appear to “work,” but they are still lies and not the truth.
• Truth is not simply what is coherent or understandable. A group of people can get together and form a conspiracy based on a set of falsehoods where they all agree to tell the same false story, but it does not make their presentation true.
• Truth is not what makes people feel good. Unfortunately, bad news can be true.
• Truth is not what the majority says is true. Fifty-one percent of a group can reach a wrong conclusion.
• Truth is not what is comprehensive. A lengthy, detailed presentation can still result in a false conclusion.
• Truth is not defined by what is intended. Good intentions can still be wrong.
• Truth is not how we know; truth is what we know.
• Truth is not simply what is believed. A lie believed is still a lie.
• Truth is not what is publicly proved. A truth can be privately known (for example, the location of buried treasure

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/what-is-truth.html#ixzz3Be41Kntg

yes but is the end time salvanic? if so then I had the caveat that since if this question is answered yes that America was never founded by Christians but heretics that are false prophets and liars. I think that isn't going to be stated so I will say that reba was saying eschatology is one of those areas where we are free to disagree. im dogmatically a I cant see exactly how god will return only that he will to judge all men.

My friend, I hope you are young, because if you're young and this is not, as I also believe it, the end of the End Time, you will have enough time for all the egg to fall off of your face. 1998 was the first Jubilee year for the rebirth of Israel and I was eight years in the faith with egg all over mine as my ninth year on Jan. 1. 1999 because I went around informing everyone that the Rapture was to occur in '98... uuuuuhh, it didn't and I am much wiser about tempting God today.

what tempting god how? because you went around saying the world would end and it didnt. well it did not end but it was good that you was watching and what does the jubilee year has to do with anything?

There are all kinds of beliefs out there.

Correct there are many different beliefs out their but what is the true belief?

watch there fore when u see those things written being fulfilled u now the end is near but just out of curiousity

who here on this forums believes that the events going on in the world today are end time events that was spoken of by the lord and the prophets before hand?

and who believes it is just another set of events in the world that is happening. like the previous events of world wars and other sorrows?

We may be heading towards a time were our beliefs will be tried. So rejoice now but keep that in mind. The lord god tries the mind and the hearts

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back