Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who are the Four Horsemen?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
but why did i assume remember moses was the only servant god spoke to face to face everyother he spoke either by his word or visions of the night. did god say he was awake did god say he was asleep or did god say he was in the spirit? but when you dream are in the flesh or in the spirit tell me? and why are you laughing as if this is something to scoff at? and it was not i who thought the insects of revelation nine are helicopters but it was you and kathi.

i go by what is written in the law of the bible. i do not assume by the wisdom of the word i go by what was written
The laughing was a joke; I know by your testimony you dion't believe those insect are helicopters. I do know you seek other scripture to base or substantiate your statement that John was dreaming when shown the Revelation of Jesus. Scripture in Revelation also doesn't say that God did not speak directly to Jesus, and that Jesus didn't speak directly to His angel, and Jesus' angel speaking directly to John. Again, who is Jesus' angel?

That would be especially relevant to you saying God told John in view of Rev 1:1, when God the Father actually gave the Revelation of Jesus unto Jesus.
I believe that most of this confusion about who did this and who did that Themessenger. is exhibiting is found rooted in the World's belief that God the Father created and ruled in the Old Testament and then He abdicated and passed the rule of the Earth on to His son. It seems that the number two salvic book, John is, largely ignored in the first three verses of chapter one.

Yes and if a person has not grounded themselves in the Old Testament so as to recognize that the manuscript was not written in the linear fashion it can be impossible to read. Before the indwelling of the Holy Spirit this book was a complete mystery to me. And since some of the things that have already taken place and are not all in the early parts of this one it can still be tough to read.
I prefer to use the bible itself(solo scriptura) of course one has to understand Hebrew idioms.

brethren remember not all of us get the same spiritual gifts. Some of get wisdom some get knowledge some get healings and some get working of miracles but no matter what we get all of us understand one thing

that god is the father and jesus is the son and god and jesus are one.
we believe all things that are written in the scripture of truth no matter if we understand it all or not.
and we do what is commanded of us.

one servant may understand the scripture more than another and one servant may understand one little thing in the scripture that is the most important of all the sayings.

it all depends on what ever the lords will is for that servant

NOT ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO UNDERSTAND CERTAIN SCRIPTURES IN THE BIBLE. for we all do not have the same gifts

for example i did not understand the law of marriage how kathi understood it and by her wisdom she correct me in it and now i understand the law of marriage.

we know in part and we prophesy in part. one servant understand the end times the other servant may understand how the world was made. one servant understands the law of marriage and the other servant understands what willful sins are.

we are all of the body of christ who ever was chosen of christ but as the human body does not have one member but many members so do the spiritual body of christ

eschatology isn't a salvanic measure , thank god. the more I learn about it and I get humble and its back to the drawing board. I don't read revalation as " the end" at times but to see what the images allude to that in jewish thought about the torah. and from that connect it to JESUS! why be afraid of Jesus? its whom is coming to receive me.

I believe that most of this confusion about who did this and who did that Themessenger. is exhibiting is found rooted in the World's belief that God the Father created and ruled in the Old Testament and then He abdicated and passed the rule of the Earth on to His son. It seems that the number two salvic book, John is, largely ignored in the first three verses of chapter one.

what is the number two salvic book you speak of and i believe you are correct because god and jesus are one. god is jesus and jesus is god. god ruled in the old testament and he ruled in the new testament as well as jesus

jesus ruled in the old testament and jesus ruled in the new testament

what is the number two salvic book you speak of and i believe you are correct because god and jesus are one. god is jesus and jesus is god. god ruled in the old testament and he ruled in the new testament as well as jesus

jesus ruled in the old testament and jesus ruled in the new testament
I have always used the Roman Road to lead lost people to the foot of the cross and whether they are willing to humble themselves or not I ask them to read the second, the book of John, through at least five times before wandering off to other parts of the scriptures.

I have always used the Roman Road to lead lost people to the foot of the cross and whether they are willing to humble themselves or not I ask them to read the second, the book of John, through at least five times before wandering off to other parts of the scriptures.

it is good that you lead them to the scripture just remember to feed the lords sheep

Who are the Four Horsemen in Revelation Chapter 6?Do you think they are symbolic?Alot of Revelation can be symbolic.

Zec 6:5 - And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.​

Yes, the four horsemen of Rev 6 are symbolic. Their interpretation relies on an understanding of the previous OT symbolism used throughout the bible in its OT context, then applied in principle within the context of revelation; a context which is unique compared to the OT because of the work of Christ.

Broadly speaking, the four horsemen are sent by God to do the awesome work among His people's particular generation of delivering them from a works economy to a Grace economy, reminiscent of a previous generation's deliverance from bondage to the promised land.

Exo 34:10 ¶ And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou artshall see the work of the LORD: for it is a terrible thing that I will do with thee.​

eschatology isn't a salvanic measure , thank god. the more I learn about it and I get humble and its back to the drawing board. I don't read revalation as " the end" at times but to see what the images allude to that in jewish thought about the torah. and from that connect it to JESUS! why be afraid of Jesus? its whom is coming to receive me.

Trusting that eschatology interpretation isn't a salvation measure is key. Once I accepted eschatology wasn't about me, but for me, I was better able to manage the natural defensiveness that arises when thinking I'm involved somehow. It also assuaged the condemnation so easily applied to others and let me focus on the patterns and pieces of the puzzle.

Neither have we!

Symbolism? I'm not so sure about that. I think they could be real, very real. Spiritual beings in a spiritual war doing what they do. Just because it sounds like Twilight Zone doesn't mean it couldn't be a reality. We don't know how the spiritual realm works.
Oh it was reality but John could not understand these Twlight Zone visions from very very future.John did not understand our planes,helicopters or Drones.

That's what you get for assuming, next you might be led to think those insects of Revelation Chapter nine are helicopters. :lol
The thing is that Jesus did in fact send His angel (messenger) to give Jesus' Revelation to John Who was that angel?
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Hey,what is so funny about that?They could be.

Oh it was reality but John could not understand these Twlight Zone visions from very very future.John did not understand our planes,helicopters or Drones.

I don't think it is a vision of helicoptors. I used to think so but the more I learn of the spiritual realm, the more I believe this world is headed for real spiritual happenings. Like we've never seen before.

Looking back at recorded history about every generation has wanted their generation to be the last one... "Church" type headlines just knew WWI was it... then the Holocaust it was beyond doubt... then the nation born over night for which some places were in labour for years over ..... the 6 day war....then the Twin Towers now isis

Hey,what is so funny about that?They could be.
Alright, we all have opinions but, as much as I loved 806, like Eugene, I can't get helicopters out of the passages in the Revelation. That, however, dose not make me right and none here will know until this stuff takes place. Before I accepted my salvation I thought they were choppers also.

Looking back at recorded history about every generation has wanted their generation to be the last one... "Church" type headlines just knew WWI was it... then the Holocaust it was beyond doubt... then the nation born over night for which some places were in labour for years over ..... the 6 day war....then the Twin Towers now isis

true reba but look back at the generations why did the last days prophecies fail? which one of those prophecies accurately understood the book of daniel?

it was not time for them to understand beause the end was not yet but now there are those who understand the words of daniel why is it so?
because the end is at hand

seal up the book till the time of the end as it is writen in daniel 12

I don't think it is a vision of helicoptors. I used to think so but the more I learn of the spiritual realm, the more I believe this world is headed for real spiritual happenings. Like we've never seen before.
John was looking at the End Times and the tribulation.I think he was looking at warfare and that includes planes,helicopters and all kinds of things our military is using right now.That would have been foreign to John way back then.

even the man harold camping, who thought the world would end in may 2011 did not understand daniel how do i know because i use to listen to him everynight. he based his end of world prophecies on mathew and the old testament books.

he understood that the children of the light are not in darkness so that day should not over take him as a theft but he did not understand how we could not know the day or hour. but i understand these things and there are others who understand as well

When The Revelation was written the seals were opened.. Some folks date The Revelation around 60AD some around 90AD so either one the seals were opened.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back