Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Who created Satan?

At least we got that far. No actions eliminate the above.

The action of us, by the Spirit "putting to death" the deeds of the flesh, eliminates the activity of the sinful desires within the flesh, from manifesting.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Romans 8:12

• ...For sin shall not have dominion over you.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:12-14

• The action of us "presenting our members as instruments of righteousness" and by the Spirit "putting to death" the deeds of the flesh we nullify sin's dominion over us, as we submit ourselves as slaves of righteousness, rather than submitting ourselves as slaves to sin, denying sin it's evil ability to become our master.

Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? Romans 6:16

again

19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness. Romans 6:19

• ...so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

JLB

The action of us, by the Spirit "putting to death" the deeds of the flesh, eliminates the activity of the sinful desires within the flesh, from manifesting.

The flesh has and maintains a contrary EVIL will post salvation, which Paul shows us here:

Romans 7:
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

And this has been created and set "in us," in our flesh, by God Himself.

Deuteronomy 30:15
See, I have set before thee
this day life and good, and death and evil;

The flesh has and maintains a contrary EVIL will post salvation, which Paul shows us here:

Romans 7:
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

And this has been created and set "in us," in our flesh, by God Himself.

Deuteronomy 30:15
See, I have set before thee
this day life and good, and death and evil;

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess. 17 But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess. 19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; Deuteronomy 30:15-19

It is the same for us in the New Testament.

For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness. Romans 6:19

The choice is yours, choose to present yourself as a slave of righteousness, and have your fruit unto holiness, and in the end eternal life.

22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:22-23

JLB

I'm sorry I almost missed this.

No EZ. I don't know why.
You're referring to Jude 9.
Michael the Archangel (head of all the angels) did not reproach satan when arguing about Moses' body.
Why do you suppose he didn't?

And do we even know from where Jude gets this story of Michael and satan?
If Jude says it, it must be true, I just can't remember reading about it - not that I remember everything!

So, yes. Please explain.

Wondering

Jude is one account of this.

Jude 1:8-13
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear:clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Peter stated it this way. Where the Bones of Moses came from in the account of Jude?
:shrug

2 Peter 2:9-15
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls:an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness.

Satan is the accuser of the brethren.

Revelation 12:9-10
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Am I of the devil that I should accuse the accuser? Is there anything to gain by arguing with the accuser?

Jesus said Moses was my accuser. Should I content with the Law, or seek to justify myself before the Lord?

John 5:45
Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

Mathew 16:21-23
From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

What example did Jesus show you in his temptation in the wilderness, when he was tempted of the devil after 40 days and nights?

Jude is one account of this.

Jude 1:8-13
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear:clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Peter stated it this way. Where the Bones of Moses came from in the account of Jude?
:shrug

2 Peter 2:9-15
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls:an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness.

Satan is the accuser of the brethren.

Revelation 12:9-10
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Am I of the devil that I should accuse the accuser? Is there anything to gain by arguing with the accuser?

Jesus said Moses was my accuser. Should I content with the Law, or seek to justify myself before the Lord?

John 5:45
Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

Mathew 16:21-23
From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

What example did Jesus show you in his temptation in the wilderness, when he was tempted of the devil after 40 days and nights?
Thanks EZ.
And to answer your last question, Jesus used scripture to rebuke satan.
Will re-read everything tomorrow morning.

W

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

God certainly did NOT say that what choices they made eliminated Gods setting of evil within them. That still remains regardless of any choices. Romans 7:21.

A saved person is placed in domination, NOT elimination of evil present. And they don't always win either. 1 John 1:8. Romans 7:15 & 19.

There is but one Creator, but Lucifer, like every other Created Being was given a Free Will and He chose Pride/Sin.
on target Bill
Ezek
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
he used his free will wrong.

on target Bill
Ezek
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

It would appear that God created a perfect devil. It does not imply God equated perfection.

T
on target Bill
Ezek
Thanks but I would give a lot if these New Testament and New Covenant Christians would read the bible Jesus taught from so they would grow and would be grounded in the Christian Faith.

God certainly did NOT say that what choices they made eliminated Gods setting of evil within them. That still remains regardless of any choices. Romans 7:21.

I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. Romans 7:21-23

Sin spread to all mankind through Adam, and his transgression.

The inward man delights in the law of God, while the flesh has contained within it the sinful desires.

That is why we are told to crucify the the flesh, rendering it incapable of expressing it's lustful desires. Galatians 5:24

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:12-13

This is the victory obtained for us, by Jesus Christ on the cross, that we would be given His Spirit, and by His Spirit within us, we are empowered to have dominion over the sin and the devil.

Those who believe this will exercise their God given dominion over the devil, and forbid him to operate in their lives.

Being filled with the Spirit, and led by the Spirit is how this is accomplished.

You and I are given this wonderful victory through the grace of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25

JLB

It would appear that God created a perfect devil. It does not imply God equated perfection.

Does not wisdom cry out, And understanding lift up her voice?
She takes her stand on the top of the high hill,Beside the way, where the paths meet.
She cries out by the gates, at the entry of the city, At the entrance of the doors:
“To you, O men, I call, And my voice is to the sons of men...
“Now therefore, listen to me, my children, For blessed are those who keep my ways.
Hear instruction and be wise, And do not disdain it.
Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
For whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the Lord;
But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; All those who hate me love death.”
Proverbs 8:1-4,32-36

T

Thanks but I would give a lot if these New Testament and New Covenant Christians would read the bible Jesus taught from so they would grow and would be grounded in the Christian Faith.
sounds as if you think I am wrong sorry for that; I read he was created perfect with free will and pride over took him, I can be wrong have been many times but this is how I read this verse.

The inward man delights in the law of God, while the flesh has contained within it the sinful desires.

That is why we are told to crucify the the flesh, rendering it incapable of expressing it's lustful desires. Galatians 5:24
EDITED

God created Satan, the devil. Col. 1;16. The devil has been a sinner, a liar from the beginning, John 8:44. And remains a sinner, 1 John 3:8. The sin that the devil does is done IN MAN's flesh. 1 John 3:8. Sin in the flesh is intimately linked to the devil. Mark 4:15, Romans 11:8.

It is quite unlikely that Satan's activity will stop from the flesh of MAN until he is put out of play by God Himself. Matt. 23:33

God Himself has put us as believers precisely in this position that we would understand both His Sovereignty and His Grace and Mercy in Christ. FORCE FED as it may be.

Ephesians 2:
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

In faith we discern the difference between ourselves and that spirit that is NOT US as believers. Understanding gives us a leg up called dominion. But we don't eliminate the actions of the spirit of disobedience in the flesh. Gal. 5:17

Last edited by a moderator:
I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. Romans 7:21-23

Sin spread to all mankind through Adam, and his transgression.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:12-13

This is the victory obtained for us, by Jesus Christ on the cross, that we would be given His Spirit, and by His Spirit within us, we are empowered to have dominion over the sin and the devil.

Those who believe this will exercise their God given dominion over the devil, and forbid him to operate in their lives.

Being filled with the Spirit, and led by the Spirit is how this is accomplished.

You and I are given this wonderful victory through the grace of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25

JLB
AMEN!

sounds as if you think I am wrong sorry for that; I read he was created perfect with free will and pride over took him, I can be wrong have been many times but this is how I read this verse.
I have no idea where that came from, I was in agreement with you.

Back