Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who created Satan?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes, I know all of that and that is precisely why your understanding of the passage in question in Isa. is in error. You have given the evidence yourself.
I've only gave evidence of where the name Lucifer came from. There are so many deeper aspects to all of this throughout scripture, but we know that whatever one wants to call the adversary mentioned throughout scriptures like in Rev 12:4 and that Michael wars against in Rev 12:7-9 is not a dual reference to all evilness found in the Babylonian Empire clear up to the Roman Empire than you might want to do a deeper study is all I can say.

I've only gave evidence of where the name Lucifer came from. There are so many deeper aspects to all of this throughout scripture, but we know that whatever one wants to call the adversary mentioned throughout scriptures like in Rev 12:4 and that Michael wars against in Rev 12:7-9 is not a dual reference to all evilness found in the Babylonian Empire clear up to the Roman Empire than you might want to do a deeper study is all I can say.
And what you gave shows that the passage in Isa. is not referring to Satan.

Who created Satan? any thoughts?
Assuming you believe Satan exists (Jesus did.) Here's some help:
  • ...and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, (Ephesians 3:9 ESV)
  • For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. (Colossians 1:16 ESV)
  • “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.” (Revelation 4:11 ESV)
We may not necessarily feel comfortable with the answer, but it seems to me our comfort takes second and must be submitted to Biblical truth.

Assuming you believe Satan exists (Jesus did.) Here's some help:
  • ...and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, (Ephesians 3:9 ESV)
  • For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. (Colossians 1:16 ESV)
  • “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.” (Revelation 4:11 ESV)
We may not necessarily feel comfortable with the answer, but it seems to me our comfort takes second and must be submitted to Biblical truth.
Satan does exist.
But was his name ever Lucifer?

Satan does exist.
But was his name ever Lucifer?
Some modern translations use the name Lucifer in Isaiah 14:12.

However, Young's Literal Translation has:

Isaiah 14:12Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
12 How hast thou fallen from the heavens, O shining one, son of the dawn! Thou hast been cut down to earth, O weakener of nations.

This is also true of the NASB which is very reliable.

Wondering

Some modern translations use the name Lucifer in Isaiah 14:12.

However, Young's Literal Translation has:

Isaiah 14:12Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
12 How hast thou fallen from the heavens, O shining one, son of the dawn! Thou hast been cut down to earth, O weakener of nations.

This is also true of the NASB which is very reliable.

Wondering
who was the accusing angel in job?
was that Gabriel?

In that passage, yes. There is no evidence of Satan in that passage. At least none has been given.
It's a process of elimination. There were limited characters in the Garden of Eden and only one of them was an angelic messenger.

If you examine the contents of Mark 4:15 you might see that Satan is addressed "in man."

Doesn't every Christian believe in satan??
Do some believe God is causing evil?
I believe he allows it, but does not cause it.

W

Most today relegate Satan to a metaphor and certainly no "personal" adversary who is against believers.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

We can add "roaring lion' to the list of scriptural similitudes for the devil. The devouring mentioned above is NOT in an arena with physical lions nor are the battles and wrestling matches with our adversary openly transparently apparent. Nor are our weapons apparent.

Believers think they are exempt from battles. Paul says otherwise:

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Romans 13:
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly,

Romans 16:20
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Most today relegate Satan to a metaphor and certainly no "personal" adversary who is against believers.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

We can add "roaring lion' to the list of scriptural similitudes for the devil. The devouring mentioned above is NOT in an arena with physical lions nor are the battles and wrestling matches with our adversary openly transparently apparent. Nor are our weapons apparent.

Believers think they are exempt from battles. Paul says otherwise:

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Romans 13:
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly,

Romans 16:20
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
satan - adversary
devil - liar, destoyer, killer

Satan is most certainly personal. Those who think they are immune are in danger of being attacked even more strongly.

Only the knowledge that we are in danger could keep us as safe as possible. Because we are never really safe.

W

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back