Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who ever gets the last Word

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I work at an elementary school and I was walking across the playground earlier today on my way to lunch, when I had the following conversation with an 8 year old girl.

Girl: Your old.
Me: No I'm not!
Girl: How old are you?
Me: I'm 52.
Girl: Then you're old.

I don't wanna be old. :sad

On the upside, I'm winning. :)

The school where I work is 80 years old this year.

:bday

The first students came in the fall of 1930. We are having an open house today for anybody who wants to come. I've been going around taking pictures for the school web page, and I went into one room where they were selling old schoolbooks. I stopped taking pictures for a while and looked at the books and ended up buying three - a short biography of David Livingston, a book of Christian stories and testimonies (published in 1897) and The Life of our Lord, by Charles Dickens. They also had Christian storybooks for children. You don't see books like that in school libraries today.

I did think that was a pretty strange thing to be embarrassed or ashamed about.

hats off to the Texas Rangers baseball team. Starting out fifty years ago as the California Angels, they were owned by Gene Autry, the famous cowboy singer and movie star. The team was so hopeless that Autrey moved them to Texas, but they still didn't improve.

Without ever getting into the World Series (much less winning one), the Rangers sometimes reached the post-season play-offs. But they never won a play-off game at home, and they never made it past the first round. In fact, the last three times they made it, they were eliminated by the Yankees in the first round.

Last night, the Rangers eliminated the Yankees in the second round, and this Wednesday night they will go to their first-ever World Series game.

A woman lost a $3 million lawsuit after spilling hot tea on herself at a Starbucks restaurant.

"She also said Starbucks should have warned her the tea could spill."

My Fellow Americans, it has been my experience that when one party controls the entire US government, that party does a lousy job. When the power is divided, the two parties must work together to pass good laws that both sides will accept.

In last night's elections, the United States won.

PENN STATE COACH JOE PATERNO WINS HIS 400TH GAME!

November 6, 2010—As camera flashes lit up Beaver Stadium, Joe Paterno got a ride to a victory celebration atop the broad arms and shoulders of two burly offensive linemen.

Career win No. 400 for Penn State’s beloved coach will be remembered around Happy Valley for a long time.

“They had me up there before I knew it. I was hoping they wouldn’t to be very honest,†Paterno said after a getting mobbed near the end zone by players, school officials and family including his wife, Sue. Linemen Chima Okoli and Eric Shrive were among the players who lifted a smiling Paterno off his feet.

“I would be dishonest if I told you it wasn’t a moving night for me, and it was,†Paterno said.

JoePa is the first major college coach to hit 400 victories, but he tried to keep things as low key as possible, even with many of the 100,000-plus fans chanting his name. He’s always tried to keep the focus on his team and the game, no matter how much hype there might be around his career.

Losing 21-0 at half time, Penn State rallied to beat Northwestern 35-21.

Okay, someone launched a large missile 35 miles off the California coast, and nobody knows who did it.

Which one of you guys did it?

I just thought I'd check in on this thread and see if everything was OK. I see that I'm still winning, so there's no need to worry about the thread.

Sorry about the missile. Did I hit anything important?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back