Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who ever gets the last Word

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"Sorry about the missile. Did I hit anything important?"

Good news, Theophilus. The government has cleared you of blame.

No more firecrackers for you,lhowever.

Firecrackers? Who said anything about firecrackers? If you want to see real fireworks, come to Iceland on New Year's Eve.

[video=youtube;4yPKIS_SUnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yPKIS_SUnQ[/video]​

That was my first (and, so far, only) Youtube video. It wasn't a fireworks show. It was taken just a few blocks from my home and shows the kind of fireworks ordinary people were shooting off all over the city. All over Iceland, about 700 tons of fireworks are fired by ordinary people every New Years Eve. Probably over half of that is in the greater Reykjavik area (where I live) and most of it is shot off in less than half an hour, starting at midnight (although much is shot off before that also).

Here's another one that shows that this is happening all over the city:

[video=youtube;bML21XDpziQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bML21XDpziQ&feature=related[/video]

And another one where you can see the resulting cloud of smoke and dust that covers the city afterwards if the weather is good:

[video=youtube;patJRfHrTYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=patJRfHrTYU[/video]​

bible%2Bverse.bmp

Hey Gringo! :waving Good to be back. Better to know I was missed. Love you to bits, my friend. :adore

Sorry to hear about the Phillies. It's a sensitive subject, I know, but I share your grief. :crying4

Today's "I Play Football Without an IQ Award" goes to DeSean Jackson of the Philadelphia Eagles, who plays football without an IQ. Second place goes to Redskins player LaRon Landry.

Before the game, LaRon Landry started a shouting match with the Eagles that turned into a shoving match. Enraged by the Redskins' behavior, the Eagles proceeded to win 59-28, with LaRon Landry botching the very first play of the game.

Led by quarterback Michael Vick, who has served prison time for running a dog-fighting operation, the Eagles held a 35-0 lead at one point. Vick's repentance seems to be genuine, he works with the SPCA now, and he has served his time.

sigh

And then after the game, DeSean Jackson described how Michael Vick steered his team's anger into motivation for a great game: "We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage."

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back