Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who is Jesus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That Jesus is God is seen from Prophecy of OT Scipture!

The Lord Jesus Christ had stated that the scriptures testified of Him ! John 5:39

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

For the scriptures testify of both His being God, the Jehovah, and of being the Messiah that was to come born of a Virgin. They speak to His First and Second Comings.​

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.​

2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.​

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.​

4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.​

5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

This Prophecy is in regards to the Second Coming of Christ, when His feet shall stand on the Mt of Olives in that Day ! Now whose feet is being referred to in this Prophecy ? Look at vs 3​

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.​

The word LORD here is the Hebrew word Yĕhovah:​

Jehovah = "the existing One"​

1) the proper name of the one true God​

So this is speaking of The True God coming again in the Person of Jesus Christ, John calls Him the True God also 1 Jn 5:20

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

It says His feet stand in that day upon the Mt of Olives ! Job testified that He shall His Redeemer stand upon the Earth in the Latter day !Job 19:25-27

25For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:​

26And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:​

27Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.​

Christ when He returns may eventually descend to the spot where He ascended from Acts 1:11-12

11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.​

12Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.​

Also notice vs 5 of Zech 14:5

5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Again speaking of Jehovah, the One and True God, coming with His Saints with Him !​

The book of Jude foretold of this prophecy Jude 1:14-15

14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,​

15To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.​

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:​

This proves that the Son of Man is also Jehovah God ! To deny these things is a denial of scripture, and reveals a blindness of heart and is a token of God's Judgment against a person..​

Jesus is God because of His Dominon given to Him !

We know that Jesus Christ the Son of Man is also God because of the Dominion that is allotted to Him, a Dominion that only God could have !

Dan 7:13-14

13I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

That word serve is the hebrew word pĕlach and means:

to serve, worship, revere, minister for, pay reverence to

a) (P'al)

1) to pay reverence to

2) to serve

This serving or worship shall be forever !

This word is translated serve nine times in the OT, and each time it is in reference to either the True God, or false gods !

Now in vs 14 above we know it is speaking about Christ and so it is in verse 27 where it reads Dan 7:27

27And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

This is the same Kingdom as in vs 14, but now its stated to be the Kingdom of the Most High, and all shall serve Him, the same one is served in vs 14, and of which it is said to be His Kingdom !

Such Glory can only belong to God. This dominion given the Son of Man in Dan 7:14 is Parallel to that dominion that belongs to God Dan 4:34

34And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:

Now how can this dominion of the Most High be everlasting, and the dominion of the Son of Man Dan 7:14 be everlasting, and He be not the Most High also ?

Jesus is God and the devil's knew it !

In Matt 8:31-32 we have devils praying to Christ:

31So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.

32And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

This word besought parakaleō is also translated Mk 5:18

18And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.

Now, in our text the devils ask of Christ to suffer them to go into the herd of swine. No man or creature has the ability to grant a request of this nature. What creature can grant a devil's request ? We saw men cast out devils, but none answering their request and asking for direction.

Christ gave these devils their request in the same manner that God gave satan permission in regards to Job ! These devils realized they were limited by the will of Christ, and they understood His Authority over them.

ALSO the devils know that the Son of God is God, because they know it is He that will destroy them in the Last Day. We know this by comments they made here Matt 8:28-29

28And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

This word torment is the same word used in Rev 14:10 and Rev 20:10, and they are referring to that event which was yet future.

Thous Son of God. They knew that this meant He was a Divine Being possessing All Power and their subjection to Him. Understand that all this occurred before Christ's death burial and resurrection, and before Matt 28:18 ! He had been given All Power both in Heaven and Earth before the world began!

These devils trembled at Him, just as it is stated in James 2:19

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

James more than likely had experienced what occurred with the devils in Matt 8:28-29

For he was one of the disciples that followed Christ right before that incident occurred, we know this from Matt 8:23-27

They had just witnessed the elements obeying Him Matt 8:27

27But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him! He's God-Man !

So I am convinced that James 2:19[The One God] is referring to Christ, the Son of God !

Christ is the God of Glory !

Acts 7:2

2And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,

This appearing of the God of Glory we know could not have been God in His Essential Glory who appeared here

The word for appear is the greek word optanomai and means:

to look at, behold

2) to allow one's self to be seen, to appear

This appearing must have been Christ, the Son of God because John 1:18

18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

So it was The Lord Jesus Christ whom appeared to Abraham, the God Man Mediator, for He declares Jn 14:9

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

This confirms that Jesus Christ is the God of Glory that appeared to Abraham. Also see 1 Cor 2:8

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

James 2:1

My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

Remember when Isa had this vision ? Isa 6:3

3And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Did you know this vision of his was of The Lord Jesus Christ ? This is true from Jn 12:41

These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Upholds all Things by the word of His Power !

He is God who upholds all things by the word of His Power Heb 1:3

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

This is the same word that by Him all things were made Jn 1:1-3

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Also the universe which He sustains and preserves was framed by Him Heb 11:3

3Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

He spoke and it was, He commanded and it stood Ps 33:6-9

6By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

7He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.

8Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

9For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

What He commands, it produces His desired effect, If He commands all men everywhere to repent, then His word of command produces that result !

Jesus Christ is God fusing Himself to His own creation. Such is the love and commitment of God that He has joined His destiny, as it were, with men. :yes

Christ is God because:

None but God Almighty can be said of " He holds all things together" Col 1:17

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Here are some different translations of this verse

NIV 1984:

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

NLT:

He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together.

ESV:

And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

WNT:

And HE IS before all things and in and through Him the universe is a harmonious whole.

Now, none but God can continually sustain His Universe, His Creation, preventing it from Chaos and Ruin.

2 Pet 3:5

5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Now who is the Word of God ?

Rev 19:13

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And Peter says it is by the word of God " that the heavens were of old, and the Earth standing out of the water ! This word standing is the same word consist is Col 1:17

This has to do with Creation, that The Word of God Created the earth out of the Water, alluding back to Gen 1:1-2

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Folks, These things prove that Jesus is God, we ignore them to our own destruction !

Received it not of Man

The Lord Jesus Christ is God because when Paul said He received the revelation of the Gospel, it was of man but by Jesus Christ Gal 1:11-12

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Note: The Gospel Paul preached was not after man ! The Natural Man also cannot receive it. If he does receive it, its temporarily and without fruitfulness Matt 13:20-21 !

12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

I believe this teaches us that Paul is stating that He was taught the Gospel immediately from Jesus Christ Himself, and not after men, not even the Apostles converted before him. Now this should confound those who teach that Jesus Christ was just a mere man of some sort, like the arian heresy.

It also shows that Paul seen Christ as God, because in another place he calls it the Gospel of God Rom 1:1

1Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

I believe this occurred when Jesus met him on the road of damascus as Paul testifies here Acts 26:16

But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

This is also in fulfillment of Isa 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

What does Paul call himself in Rom 1:1 ? " A servant of Jesus Christ"

Jesus is God !

If the Lord Jesus Christ was and is not God, then His obedience as Man to God's Law would have fell short to magnify it and make it honorable Isa 42:21

The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

You see a Being less than Equal with God, could never had satisfied a Perfect Being as God in Justice for millions. So to think that Christ did that, as being less than equal with God, sales God short and cheapens Him as a compromiser. God had His Law magnified by Christ's Active and Passive Obedience, and had His Justice completely satisfied by His Death ! This could not have been if the Man Christ Jesus is not God !

Re: Who is Jesus [God}

We know Jesus Christ is God because of His anticipated Appearing as the Great God !

1 Tim 6:14

14That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Now compare with Paul's writings in Titus 2:13

13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

The same greek word appearing is used to describe Christ's Appearing. The word in the greek is epiphaneia:

an appearing, appearance

This word is used 5 times in the NT and each time it refers to Christ. It is translated once as brightness and that refers to Christ !

So clearly Paul recognizes Jesus Christ as the Great God and Saviour !

The word appearing is singular and denotes One being, not Two Beings, for the Father is never said to appear !

And the Word was God !

Jn 1:1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

No honest heart, No New Heart could possibly deny that scripture here teaches that Christ in His Divine Nature is God, very God as even the Father. To deny this is rank infidelity. Now in the Lord Jesus Christ's Sonship as Mediator and Head of the Church, there is a inferiority to the Father, however in His Divine Nature there is no inferiority, the Word and the Father and the Holy Ghost, are One in Nature, yet still maintaining distinctiveness !

Notice also that it does not state that He was made God, as it states He was made flesh, but He is the True God 1 Jn 5:21. He is Jehovah God, God with US. Attributed to His Hands is the very work of creation Heb 1:9-11

9Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

Two Truths about the Son of God !

1 Jn 5:20

20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

The above scripture reveals Two Particulars about the Son of God to the Faith of God's Elect #1. That He is the True God confirmed by the Testimony of the Father Heb 1:8

8But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

And #2 That He is the Eternal Life [Eternal Life of His Body the Church] confirmed 1 Jn 1:2

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

Remember John wrote that the Word was with God[The Father] ? Jn 1:1

Amen that is the same as John saying in 1 Jn 1:2 the Eternal Life that was with the Father. So that Eternal Life was the Word, and the Word was God, which was the Only Begotten[Son] of the Father Jn 1:14

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The True God !

20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

The Son, The Man Jesus Christ who shall shortly Judge Mankind at His Great White Throne, He is the True God, the definite Article is used in the greek:

outov estin (5748) o alhqinov qeov kai zwh aiwniov.

So He is the One and True God, Saviour of His People, besides He there is no Saviour !

Isa 43:11

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no Saviour.

Isa 45:21

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Hos 13:14

Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no Saviour beside me.

Acts 4:12

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The True God !

The Son, The Man Jesus Christ who shall shortly Judge Mankind at His Great White Throne, He is the True God, the definite Article is used in the greek:

outov estin (5748) o alhqinov qeov kai zwh aiwniov.

So He is the One and True God, Saviour of His People, besides He there is no Saviour !

Isa 43:11

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no Saviour.

Isa 45:21

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Hos 13:14

Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no Saviour beside me.

Acts 4:12

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

You refer to his name but you have no knowledge, and you are just repeating words. Look. You can say Jesus was the light incarnate. You can say Jesus was God's name incarnate. You can say he was the LORD incarnate. By the LORD, I mean God's name. You could say he was the God of hosts incarnate. But you can not say he was God in the true sense. The Father is the true God. Amos 5:27 'says the LORD, whose name is the God of hosts.'

There is knowledge in Scripture. SBG used Scripture to prove a point. That point was that only One in Heaven is responsible for our salvation. The OT speaks about this One in a somewhat concealed sense. The NT reveals the true nature of our Author of Salvation and teaches us that in essence, Jesus is God.

Either we have two saviors or Jesus is who we believe Him to be, God incarnate, God who walked with us in the flesh. I understand, it makes no sense to our finite minds. The very idea of an Almighty Creator makes no sense to the uninspired.

But if Jesus is not God incarnate, then the Scriptures are broken. But those who are inspired by the Spirit know that scripture cannot be broken.

You refer to his name but you have no knowledge, and you are just repeating words. Look. You can say Jesus was the light incarnate. You can say Jesus was God's name incarnate. You can say he was the LORD incarnate. By the LORD, I mean God's name. You could say he was the God of hosts incarnate. But you can not say he was God in the true sense. The Father is the true God. Amos 5:27 'says the LORD, whose name is the God of hosts.'

mark that is the YHWH whose name is the LORD of hosts.

the YHWH is always the father and never the son. the later is his war name. when he went to judge nations he spoke that name and used it.

jesus claimed the same attributes of the father and he is a fully god as the father . we can worship jesus and not sin. but the they are two seperate entities.

The Lord Jesus Christ is Jehovah God because John ascribes to Him Glory and Dominion Forever ! Rev 1:5-6

5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

The same exact thing is said of the Father 1 Pet 5:11

10But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

11To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Hence they are equally God, lest Idolatry comes into play and we ascribe to Christ what only belongs to God, if He be not God !

And scripture plainly says of God Isa 42:8

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

If this is True, and John applies Rev 1:6 to Christ, John is an Idolater if Jesus is not Jehovah God !

mark that is the YHWH whose name is the LORD of hosts.

the YHWH is always the father and never the son. the later is his war name. when he went to judge nations he spoke that name and used it.

jesus claimed the same attributes of the father and he is a fully god as the father . we can worship jesus and not sin. but the they are two seperate entities.

The Father and the Son are One. Let's try an exercise in logic. God said to Moses, 'say this to the people of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers has sent me to you': this is my name forever. Ex. 3:15 What would have to be true to make this a true statement? The LORD would have to be God's name.

Let's say Jason is your name, and your name is set apart. If I asked you, 'what is your name?', you would say, 'Jason'. But if your name was set apart, then what would 'Jason' say if I asked him, 'what is your name?' This is assuming you are showing 'Jason' what to say.

First he, would make a true statement - 'I am who I am.'

If I asked you, 'Who are you?, you would say, 'I am Jason'. But if I asked 'Jason', 'who are you?', 'Jason' would say, 'I am who I am', where ''who I am' is 'Jason', your name. Then and only then would 'Jason' be making a true statement. In this way he would be saying who you are and you he is at the same time. IOW I am, Jason speaking, who I am, Jason.

This proves 'the LORD' was God's name, Holy and set apart because it is only if this is true, that the word of God is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is Jesus? I would imagine every church would have mentioned this last Sunday this passage of Scripture:

Isaiah 9:6
New King James Version (NKJV)
6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

- Davies

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back