Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is the army of Rev. 19: 14.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi all,

Some interesting comments. Now I see that people aren`t distinguishing between 1. The Body of Christ, 2. Israel & 3. The Nations. Thus I don`t see any value trying to discuss, as we would be talking `apples & oranges,` if you know what I mean - from different perspectives.

God bless, Marilyn.

The ONLY way a person is in heaven, is through Jesus Christ.

All these in heaven returning with him are those who are neither Jew nor Greek.

But at the same time they are the true Israel of God, because they are one with Jesus, Who is the True Israel of God.

JLB

Galatians 3.28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:15
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, eventhe law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

eddif

Galatians 3.28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:15
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, eventhe law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

eddif
:amen :thumbsup

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, & all the HOLY ANGELS with Him.` (Matt. 25: 31)
`the Son of Man .....comes in His own glory, & in His Father`s glory & in the glory of the HOLY ANGELS.` (Luke 9: 26)
`when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with HIS MIGHTY ANGELS.` (2 Thess. 1: 7)

My understanding is that the army described in Rev 19 will be the saints, but I don't see any reason why that army cannot also include angels, perhaps as guides for the saints.

As others have suggested, the description talks about this army being dressed in fine white linen in verse 14. However, verse 8 talks about the "bride" being dressed in fine white linen, which is then equated to the righteousness of the saints. It seems a rather obvious connection between the two. The reason why I suggest there will also be angles in this army to act guides for the saints is based on the context of the situation.

I am suggesting that the saints will have just come through the great tribulation, with Jesus having returned to earth at the "last" trumpet of the tribullation (Mt 24:31, 1 Thes 4:16 and 1 Cor 15:52 all mention a trumpet in relation to Jesus' return). The 1 Cor 15 verse specifically mentions a "last" trumpet.

The Revelation talks about a "New Jerusalem" come down from heaven, which it seems will be a literal floating city over the Earth. The New Jerusalem comes down while the newly resurrected Saints float up and apparently go into for the "marriage supper of the lamb" described in Rev 19. The context is one of a Heavenly perspective. I believe that while these celebrations are taking place up there, on the earth the 7 vials of God's wrath will be poured out on a spiritually desolate world down below. (Apparently this will take about 45 days. Compare Daniel 12:11 and 12.)

There are several references scattered throughout the NT to the saints ruling with Jesus. It appears that every mortal life on the planet will not be extinguished despite all the disasters of both the tribulation or the wrath and it is these people whom we will be ruling over as they re-populate the world over the next thousand years.

We'll be fresh in our new bodies and learning so many new things; it's almost certain we'll need a lot of help adjusting to everything, hence the angelic hoard there to help these millions of immortal Christians as we triumph over all the armies of the Earth during the battle of Armageddon. It could even be that the angels will be there to either protect us or to be our enforcers during that time. Who knows. But I think it makes sense that the army will include both, though the primary emphasis of Rev 19 is on the saints (as opposed to angels) following Jesus out to the battle as their first step in creating a new world.

Malachi & I have been having a discussion on this topic on another thread & as it was a bit off the topic I thought I would move this aspect to here.

Malachi has been looking at Jude 14 -

`Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, (ungodly) saying, “Behold., the Lord comes with ten thousands of His `hagios,` holy ones,…` (Jude 14)

Some versions of the Bible write, angels, some saints & some holy ones. Thus as with all topics we need to look into all the scriptures pertaining to this topic.

So we read that Enoch prophesied about the Lord coming with ten thousands of His `Holy ones.` Now who are these `holy ones.` If we go to Deuteronomy we read of Moses talking about this same event.

`And he said: “The Lord came from Sinai, & dawned on them from Seir; he shone forth from Mount Paran, And he came with ten thousands of `quodos,` holy ones.” (Deut. 33: 2)

Finally we are told by David in the Psalms who these `holy ones,` are.

`The chariots of God are myriads, thousands upon thousands; the Lord is among them as at Sinai, in holiness.` (Ps. 68: 17)

The `chariots of God,` are the angel army of God, who bring judgment upon the ungodly.

Marilyn.

This is correct.

Hi Malachi,

You have asked me to look into the Strong`s Exhaustive Concordance with regard to the word `saints.` I have done this & as we know the Greek word is `hagios` meaning sacred, holy one & is used in God`s word for saint & also for angel. The scripture in Jude 14 has the word `hagios ` which could be saint or angel.

As I have said before some versions of the Bible say, holy ones, some saints & some angels. Thus we need to look into all the scriptures on this topic (as you would know) to confirm whether `hagios` in Jude 14 is either `saints or angels.`

I have already pointed out some scriptures referring to the `Lord coming with ten thousands of `hagios,` (saints or angels). Moses tells us in Deuteronomy that the Lord came from Sinai with ten thousands of `quodos,` Hebrew also for holy ones. (Deut. 33: 2) Then in the Psalms David tells us that these `holy ones,` at Sinai, are the chariots of God, & that they are myriads, thousands of thousands. Thus we know that they are God`s angel army. (Ps. 68: 17) God`s word interprets it for us.

Now we need to look into who Jesus, Himself says comes with Him at the second coming.

Marilyn.

Also correct.

Hi Malachi,

You wrote some good questions that need to be looked at from God`s word.
  1. Does the Lamb have a wife? Yes – Israel.

God`s word tells us that God is Israel`s husband & she His wife. Israel was unfaithful & went after other gods. Thus God `divorced`them. (Jer. 3: 8) But God will take them back & `remarry,` Israel. This means He will connect again with them & be their God.

` “ For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is His name; & your Redeemer is the Holy one of Israel;…For the Lord has called you like a woman grieved in spirit, like a youthful wife when you were refused,” says your God.`(Isa. 54: 5 & 6)

`”And it shall be, in that day,” says the Lord, “That you will call me “
My husband,”….I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to me in righteousness & justice,….`(Hosea 2: 16 & 19)

2. Is this wife arrayed in fine linen, clean & white?
3. Does this fine linen represent the ….righteousness of the saints?

Yes, - the Old Testament saints were accounted righteous by God because they believed in what He said.

`…he obtained witness that he was righteous,….` (Heb. 11: 4)
`…..who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises,…..` (Heb. 11: 33)

4.Is the army descending with Christ clothed in fine linen, white & clean? Yes - The Lord`s Holy Angel Army.

The Lord tells us that when He comes in power & great glory, His holy angels come with Him. And we can see from God`s word that angels are also described as being clothed in fine linen. This means that they are HOLY angels.

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, & all the HOLY ANGELS with Him...` (Matt. 25: 31)
`And out of the temple came the seven angels….clothed in pure bright linen, & having their chests girded with golden bands.`(Rev. 15: 6)
`linen,` from the Greek word - `katharos,` meaning clean, clear, pure.

So we can see from God`s word, Malachi, that the Lord Jesus Christ will connect again with Israel, His `wife/bride.` Thus He comes in power & great glory with His Holy angel army to deliver Israel from its enemies.

`In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; ….It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
And I will pour on the house of David & on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace & supplication; then they will look on Me whom they have pierced, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, & grieve for Him as one grieves for a first-born.`(Zech. 12: 10)
`And I saw heaven opened, & behold a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful & True, & in righteousness he judges & makes war…..And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white & clean, followed him on white horses,
Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword with it He should strike the nations.` (Rev. 19: 11 – 15)

` And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts….`(Zech. 14: 16)

A wonderful promise there for Israel of their forgiveness & deliverance from their enemies.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Very good, sister. You are well-studied.

In answer to your question, the army in Revelation 19:14 are the angels of God as you contend. This fits the context of the narrative much better. The full Chapter reads as follows:

1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honor, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2. For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11 And I saw
heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Now,
- In verses 1-3 he is discussing the judgment of the whore of Babylon, which takes place before His return.
- Then in verses 4-9 he is discussing how His spiritual bride "has made herself ready" for the marriage. This is in reference to the saints having clothed themselves in righteousness through the outpouring of and submission to the Holy Spirit, having washed themselves white from sin in preparation for His return. This means the bride referred to in these verses is not in Heaven with Christ yet - though some of the saints are indeed in Heaven with Christ already, the saints in this narrative are clearly the bride who is still in the earth, and cannot therefore be returning with Him.
- ALL of the imagery in verses 11 - 21 is WAR imagery, and the bride of Christ is not coming to make war in this scenario. She is being delivered by Him and His army in this scenario. He who is coming:

1. "does judge and make war" in v.11
2. His eyes are a flame of fire, and He has a vestment dipped in blood in v.12-13. This is in reference to the winepress of His wrath.
3. The sharp sword in His mouth in v.15 will be used to "smite the nations." This refers to what He will do to the armies of the Antichrist at Armageddon, as the rest of the Chapter bears out.
4. v.16-21 describe the winepress, and the fate of the earth's armies.

Again, it is unnatural in this narrative that He would have His bride bloodying herself. That's a rather horrific marriage scenario, if not a sadistic one. He would not have her array herself in white only to get bloody. The wrath is carried out by His angels, who are coming upon white horses as soldiers, to put an end to His enemies in keeping with Jude and other passage you cite.

Malachi & I have been having a discussion on this topic on another thread & as it was a bit off the topic I thought I would move this aspect to here.

Malachi has been looking at Jude 14 -

`Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, (ungodly) saying, “Behold., the Lord comes with ten thousands of His `hagios,` holy ones,…` (Jude 14)

Some versions of the Bible write, angels, some saints & some holy ones. Thus as with all topics we need to look into all the scriptures pertaining to this topic.

So we read that Enoch prophesied about the Lord coming with ten thousands of His `Holy ones.` Now who are these `holy ones.` If we go to Deuteronomy we read of Moses talking about this same event.

`And he said: “The Lord came from Sinai, & dawned on them from Seir; he shone forth from Mount Paran, And he came with ten thousands of `quodos,` holy ones.” (Deut. 33: 2)

Finally we are told by David in the Psalms who these `holy ones,` are.

`The chariots of God are myriads, thousands upon thousands; the Lord is among them as at Sinai, in holiness.` (Ps. 68: 17)

The `chariots of God,` are the angel army of God, who bring judgment upon the ungodly.

Marilyn.

Out of curiosity, where do you get your theology from? At least on this issue as a stand-alone, it's better than normal.

Out of curiosity, where do you get your theology from? At least on this issue as a stand-alone, it's better than normal.

Hi Hidden In Him,

Thank you and I appreciate some one who does recognise these truths. I am a 4th generation Apostolic of the Welsh revival. I was taught these truths and obviously had to do the work myself to understand them. I am not denominational but work in a relational way with other believers in our area.

I do appreciate what I have been taught and am aware that others have not and I do know the errors that have been taught to them over the years. Thus I need to be gracious, present the truth and then let the Holy Spirit reveal to people as they are able.

It does my heart good though that you have an appreciation of these truths. I must say that there is still some discussion for us to come to full agreement.

regards, Marilyn.

Very good, sister. You are well-studied.

In answer to your question, the army in Revelation 19:14 are the angels of God as you contend. This fits the context of the narrative much better. The full Chapter reads as follows:

Now,
- In verses 1-3 he is discussing the judgment of the whore of Babylon, which takes place before His return.
- Then in verses 4-9 he is discussing how His spiritual bride "has made herself ready" for the marriage. This is in reference to the saints having clothed themselves in righteousness through the outpouring of and submission to the Holy Spirit, having washed themselves white from sin in preparation for His return. This means the bride referred to in these verses is not in Heaven with Christ yet - though some of the saints are indeed in Heaven with Christ already, the saints in this narrative are clearly the bride who is still in the earth, and cannot therefore be returning with Him.
- ALL of the imagery in verses 11 - 21 is WAR imagery, and the bride of Christ is not coming to make war in this scenario. She is being delivered by Him and His army in this scenario. He who is coming:

1. "does judge and make war" in v.11
2. His eyes are a flame of fire, and He has a vestment dipped in blood in v.12-13. This is in reference to the winepress of His wrath.
3. The sharp sword in His mouth in v.15 will be used to "smite the nations." This refers to what He will do to the armies of the Antichrist at Armageddon, as the rest of the Chapter bears out.
4. v.16-21 describe the winepress, and the fate of the earth's armies.

Again, it is unnatural in this narrative that He would have His bride bloodying herself. That's a rather horrific marriage scenario, if not a sadistic one. He would not have her array herself in white only to get bloody. The wrath is carried out by His angels, who are coming upon white horses as soldiers, to put an end to His enemies in keeping with Jude and other passage you cite.
Hi Hidden In Him,

Good that we agree that the angels are the army coming to bring vengeance upon the world`s armies.

Now I think we need a discussion on `Who is the bride, in time and then in eternity?` Would you like another thread for this or continue?

Marilyn.

Hi Hidden In Him,

Good that we agree that the angels are the army coming to bring vengeance upon the world`s armies.

Now I think we need a discussion on `Who is the bride, in time and then in eternity?` Would you like another thread for this or continue?

Marilyn.

Again, you may not be catching me at the best time right now for much in-depth back and forth, but if you start the thread and tag me for it I will certainly be glad to take a look. Maybe when I have time and space I can give you some solid replies.

Btw, we know each other from someplace else, correct? :)

Last edited:
Again, you may not be catching me at the best time right now for much in-depth back and forth, but if you start the thread and tag me for it I will certainly be glad to take a look. Maybe when I have time and space I can give you some solid replies.

Btw, we know each from someplace else, correct? :)
Hi HIH,

Probably, but I can`t remember where.

Now that`s fine as we can all get busy at times. Just want to add that all errors are a misunderstanding of God`s Eternal Purpose in Christ. This is the last truth to be clarified before the `catching away.`

regards, Marilyn.

Last edited:
Probably, but I can`t remember where.

I'll figure it out. :)

In the meantime, I'll do what I can as time allows to analyze your posts and give you some replies when possible. I'm actually a little more uncomfortable about you being right in your eschatology than finding a few places where you're wrong, so we'll just see how things play out, LoL. :salute

I'll figure it out. :)

In the meantime, I'll do what I can as time allows to analyze your posts and give you some replies when possible. I'm actually a little more uncomfortable about you being right in your eschatology than finding a few places where you're wrong, so we'll just see how things play out, LoL. :salute
:) Fine. Should be very interesting. No hurry though.

Hi Malachi,

I have replied to your two questions & now I will answer my question to you.

`Who Jesus said would come with Him.`

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, & all the HOLY ANGELS with Him.` (Matt. 25: 31)
`the Son of Man .....comes in His own glory, & in His Father`s glory & in the glory of the HOLY ANGELS.` (Luke 9: 26)
`when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with HIS MIGHTY ANGELS.` (2 Thess. 1: 7)

God`s word is very clear & straightforward - His Holy angels are going to come with Him when He returns to earth in power & great glory.

I will answer your other questions next.

Marilyn.
An angel is simply a mesenger

An angel is simply a mesenger

Hi n2thelight,

yes a holy one can be an angel or a messenger, however the context reveals that these holy ones are indeed mighty holy angels and the Lord is their Commander.

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, & all the HOLY ANGELS with Him.` (Matt. 25: 31)

They are seen throughout scripture eg. Joshua 5: 13 - 15.

`Then the Commander of the LORD`s army said to Joshua, "Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy." (Joshua 5: 15)

Hi n2thelight,

yes a holy one can be an angel or a messenger, however the context reveals that these holy ones are indeed mighty holy angels and the Lord is their Commander.

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, & all the HOLY ANGELS with Him.` (Matt. 25: 31)

`Then the Commander of the LORD`s army said to Joshua, "Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy." (Joshua 5: 15)
And this is an area that has either silence or speculation in some cases. I am listening. I started to make comment about empowered, but did a search and found I did not want to use the word,

eddif

Hi n2thelight,

Hello Marilyn
Yes I agree there are different classes ,however from the below it seems all are coming from Heaven with Him

I Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."

Marilyn,

You are merely quibbling about something that is very clear and plain. Whether it is "holy ones" or "saints" there is just ONE Scripture where "holy ones" can be construed as angels (Dan 8:13). Period.

There is no ambiguity whatsoever about the saints accompanying Christ at His Second Coming, as n2thelight and Sinthesis have pointed out. And the passage from Rev 19 should be from verses 6 through 14:
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Now let's connect the verses which are bolded and underlined and determine if the saints do indeed accompany Christ at His Second Coming.

1. Does the Lamb (Christ) have a Wife? Yes
2. Is this Wife arrayed in fine linen, clean and white? Yes
3. Does this fine linen represent the imputed righteousness of the saints? Yes
4. Is the army descending with Christ clothed in fine linen, white and clean? Yes
5. Does that clearly establish the identity of the army as being the saints, as well as the Wife of the Lamb? Yes

Having this passage clearly before us Marilyn, you should abandon your theory about this army being anything other than the saints. I trust you will let us all know that Scripture has prevailed over speculation.
Better, the armies of heaven clothed in White following the Word of God into battle, are Both human and angelic.

QUESTION—Who are the armies of heaven?
1. They are the angels [Hu, Ld, Lns, Sw, TNTC]. This refers to Michael and his angels (see Rev. 12:7) [Hu]. That they are angels is supported by Mark 8:38; Luke 9:26; 1 Thessalonians 3:13, and 2 Thessalonians 1:7 [Ld]. It is also supported by Matthew 13:31; 24:31; 1 Thessalonians 4:16 [Lns].
2. They are the Christian martyrs [ICC, TH]. Verses Rev. 3:5; 7:14, and 19:8 indicate that these are victorious martyrs [TH].
3. They are angels and martyrs [NIC]. While Matthew 26:53 indicates they may be angels, Rev. 17:14 identifies the martyrs as those who are ‘called, chosen, and faithful’ so they should be included as well [NIC].
4. They are the saints [EC, NTC]. Two facts support this view: (1) they are dressed in white clothing as is the bride (see Rev. 19:8), and (2) Rev. 17:14 indicates that the ‘called, elect, and faithful’ will be with Christ in the final battle against the beast and his armies [EC].
5. They are angels and saints [Alf, NIGTC, Wal, WBC]. These are not only the angels, but also those who are with the Lamb when he is victorious over the beast in Rev. 17:14 [Alf].-Trail, R. (2008). An Exegetical Summary of Revelation 12–22 (2nd ed., p. 169). SIL International.

Confirming this, why would the Sion send forth only angels to fight with Christ, and not the holy martyrs willing to die for the faith?

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, (Heb. 12:22-23 KJV)

Hello Marilyn
Yes I agree there are different classes ,however from the below it seems all are coming from Heaven with Him

I Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."
Hi n2thelight,

Thank you for bringing up that scripture. We need to look at it. In the context of 1 Thess. especially ch. 4, we see that those being brought with Jesus as the `asleep` ones and then the rest of the Body is caught up to meet them all in the air. It is not relating to Jesus coming to bring vengeance upon the rebellious with His mighty angels.

Back