Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHO IS THE RULER OF THE EARTH?

Look for a common theme, the Thompson Chain Reference Bible is excellent for that. So for this thread, I would be looking for scriptures about Satan, deceiver, ruler, etc. I need to go into the bedroom for it, but that is how to do it, and it is all 100% Scripture.

Last edited:
Proverbs 27:17
Proverbs 27:17.
F B Meyer writes:
How sweet human friendships are! Why not find equal confidence and sweetness in the greatest Friend of all? (Jesus)
On the other hand, there is a friendship “which is wholly hypocritical and worthless.” Such a friendship is marked by loud and ostentatious demonstrations.

Ponder Christ’s offer below: “Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.” (Joh 15:14-15 KJV)

Albert Barnes

"The proverb expresses the gain of mutual counsel as found in clear, well-defined thoughts. Two minds, thus acting on each other, become more acute.

This is better than to see in “sharpening” the idea of provoking, and the point of the maxim in the fact that the quarrels of those who have been friends are bitter in proportion to their previous intimacy."

Cooper
My comment would be “Best not to provoke, but to seek common ground.” As the saying goes, “Two minds (in harmony) sharpen better than one.”

Three different messages as Wondering says, but when combined we have a deeper understanding.

Last edited:
Satan can get permission to try and destroy anyone if people give him that permission. This is done by engaging in sin, that is, the same rebellion that Satan did. He thereby has something in that person and permission to continue. This is broken by repentance and using the weapons of our warfare.

And regarding John 10:27-30, no one can snatch anyone out of His hand but anyone in his hand can leave His hand. The door is open to enter and to leave. That was off topic but it ought to be addressed as that is a false doctrine that has born very bad fruit in Christians. (Tell someone that they can never lose something and they don't take care of it.)
Those who willfully engage in sin are already Satan's own as he is not going to attack his own. Just like those who engage in the love of Christ and walk in His Spirit are His own, but the difference is Satan will always pursue after God's own tempting them in order to steal their faith and he needs no permission from God to do this.

And the ministers of Satan frequent the forums with their false teaching, and we think we can persuade them otherwise. There isn't a chance in hell of doing that.
I disagree as one plants the seed, another waters the seed, and God will bring in the harvest. I have know a couple people that were in the occult going to churches that were set up by Anton LaVey and now mighty warriors of God traveling around preaching the Gospel of God's mercy and grace. Some do frequent these forums and I have also seen them accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior by those who do not condemn them, but teach the word of God to them.

It communicates nothing at all.

Isn't the below beautiful?

Colossians 2:10-11, 13 NLT - 10 "So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. ... 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins."

The Circumcision of Christ is given to all who belong to God. Those who do not belong to God receive this Spiritual Circumcision, the division of the heart and the Sinful Nature. This all-important act of Christ is the fulcrum of our Faith; it is the utter core of the entire Bible; it is at the very center of the Mysterious Plan which still remains hidden to this day.

Anyway, Colossians 2:9-15 are the most important Scriptures in the Bible, but they're also my favorite. Without them, the Bible would be much more difficult to understand.

:)

You do realize that in the first part of that chapter he named names of believers who had willfully decided to teach false doctrine on their own.

Ahhh . . . I was sharing 2nd Timoth 2:26 and how certain people are held captive by the Devil to do his will. What I like about that is that is pretty simple to understand. :)
But as I said, I have no idea what you are saying is the "holy procedure" so it would be better to use words that communicate thought and not religious jargon.

Its not jargon at all. Harsh.

Colossians 2:11-12 KJV - "In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."

Proceedures can also be spoken of as Operations. Colossians 2:9-15 are the most important passages in the Bible.

I have to agree with you that we cannot fully depend on the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit makes us understand truth, but we have to be told what that truth is when it's not
very clear.
I hope I am miss understanding what you mean by we can not fully depend on the Holy Spirit. I depend on the Holy Spirit 100% to teach me all truths as when I study I pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide me through the scriptures opening my eyes to all truths. He will take me through the revelations of the OT cross referencing with the revelations of the NT as I study word by word, verse by verses chapter by chapter and the history of the various eras. Do I always understand what the Spirit of Good is teaching, not always as the Holy Spirit will work through others with a greater Spiritual knowledge then I have.

Now Satan will throw a few people in the mix trying to teach his twisted word, but we need to learn how to Spiritually discern what spirit is teaching us as the wolf (Satan) will always come in sheep clothing trying to deceive the mind of many, 1 John 4:1-6.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I get useful tidbits now and again in the few times I've used them. But, truthfully, I find them just plain wrong sometimes, lol, and certainly denominationally bent. My opinion about the matter is to just read the scriptures for yourself for about 10-15 minutes a day and talk about the scriptures openly with your brothers and sisters. Denominationalism has it's value. It really does. But not when it comes to learning the whole truth.
Do you sware to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?

sorry that just came to my mind, my bad :lol:readbible.............carry on :couch

So instead, you listen to your like minded friends and not the scholars.
You do not have to go to cemetery, OOPS, I mean seminary school to be a scholar. A scholar is one who digs deep into the mysteries of the word of God listening to what the Holy Spirit wants to teach you either one on one or by those who God's Spirit uses to speak through to show us truth.

If three people say The Holy Ghost taught them and it's different .then which is it if each can make a case ?

Ie pre ,post ,mid trib ?

You do not have to go to cemetery, OOPS, I mean seminary school to be a scholar. A scholar is one who digs deep into the mysteries of the word of God listening to what the Holy Spirit wants to teach you either one on one or by those who God's Spirit uses to speak through to show us truth.
Not all are called .

I'm not called to teach .I can ponder philosophy and read it .I can read all manner of my level of science articles and get it .I have a science and engineering and logic based disposition but I couldn't break that down to teach a two year old .my pastor a physics major and teacher ,does it well.

The jump rope analogy to solo gratias ,by grace alone is the best way to see it .

It is the scholarship we need. Not the contradictuary posts on the forums.
To each one be led by the Holy Spirit in what they learn from others. There are many good commentaries out there, but what they teach and support with scripture also needs to be lining up with the scripture they use and not the other way around. Personally I am not big fan on using commentaries, but will read through some, but many to read the scriptures they give on whatever topic they are trying to teach.

All of us have our own commentaries, just by how we teach others in how we explain certain things by using scripture to support what we say, but yet it all falls down to what has already been written in the scriptures as we compare OT with NT and also history and cultures of the various eras through out history.

2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Tim 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

That said Gifts of teachers require those who aren't be there to learn .this doesn't mean we can't study .

Any one can be a black belt ,not all can be a sensei or shihan .

A black belt is a master of the basics ,when he or she teaches effective and had sempei,kohei that learn well from him then he is a sensei.

That describes the forums. Everyone, it seems, has a different opinion.
And it's what we take out of those opinions that we search the scriptures for truth. One's opinion or view may shed new light on something another never saw before, but not always.

Rubbish. The JW's and the rest overwhelm, confuse, and tear scripture apart, leaving the Bible in tatters, and the written word, similar to the spoken word at the Tower of Bable.
This is why we study for ourselves so we will not be deceived by the twisted word that Satan sends out into the world. We each have a Bible we each are to be indwelled with the Holy Spirit that teaches us all truths. We have to learn to Spiritually discern truth from error in what others teach us, 1John 4:1-6. There are over 5000 different religions in the world and Satan works through so many of them to try and deceive those with very little knowledge.

Back