Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHO IS THE RULER OF THE EARTH?

I know you don't read every one of my posts FHG.
But I've been concerned for a while now about how the Holy Spirit guides everyone and yet we come to different conclusions. An important one of these is eternal security. Such an expanse of difference and yet we come up with verses that might apply to either theology.

When I did a study on the works of the 3 Persons of the Trinity, I did not come across the fact that the Holy Spirit teaches.

Jesus called Him the Helper, the Comforter, the Convictor of sin, of God's righteousness, and of the coming judgment.
John 16:6....

Jesus said the Holy Spirit would GUIDE us into all truth...but guidance means we have a teaching and we are guided toward that teaching.j Or, understanding that teaching.

Plus, Jesus told the Apostles to go into all the world and teach what He had taught them.
Matthew 28:19

I know you're not going to agree with me and will probably be able to posts verses (which I wish you would),
but we have to come to some kind of understanding as to why we each believe something different.

John 14:26
Jesus says He will teach you all things....
but what things?
Jesus' answer is ALL THE THINGS HE TAUGHT.

What Jesus taught is rather simple.
We make it complicated and thus come up with all these differing ideas.
What about Calvinism?
Where was the Holy Spirit when Luther, Calvin, Knox, and all those in that camp came up with that idea?
I can't even find it in the bible no matter how hard I've tried (to at least understand).

I'd like to discuss 1 John 2:27.
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
(Joh 14:26 KJV)

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
(Joh 14:26 KJV)

The Holy Spirit will not be teaching us NEW things...
He will bring to our remembrance what Jesus taught.

Which is why I'm very adverse to theology that came along in the year 1,500AD.
"Whatsoever I have said to you".

Which is why I told the other member that Jesus made it very simple.

I agree. It’s easier than thinking.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. (Php 4:8 NKJV)

Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
(1Ti 4:15 NKJV)

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. (Php 4:8 NKJV)

Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
Amen!!!

One of my favorite verses!
Philippians 4:8

This refers to the above post, 3rd paragraph.

Is it a typo?
If not, could you explain better?
It seems you're contradicting yourself OR I'm not understanding.
Thanks.

Hello Wondering,

I admit that I am not following you. Can you explain things a bit differently so that I can understand?

Thanks!

Hello Wondering,

I admit that I am not following you. Can you explain things a bit differently so that I can understand?

Thanks!
Heres's your post: (to another member) See post no. 198

2nd Timothy Group said:
Isn't the below beautiful?

Colossians 2:10-11, 13 NLT - 10 "So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. ... 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins."

The Circumcision of Christ is given to all who belong to God. Those who do not belong to God receive this Spiritual Circumcision, the division of the heart and the Sinful Nature. This all-important act of Christ is the fulcrum of our Faith; it is the utter core of the entire Bible; it is at the very center of the Mysterious Plan which still remains hidden to this day.

Anyway, Colossians 2:9-15 are the most important Scriptures in the Bible, but they're also my favorite. Without them, the Bible would be much more difficult to understand.

You say:
The circumcision of Christ is given to all who belong to God.
Then you say:
Those who DO NOT belong to God receive this Spiritual Circumcision, the division of the heart and the sinful nature.

Is that a typo, a contradiction, or something I'm not understanding?

Heres's your post: (to another member) See post no. 198

2nd Timothy Group said:
Isn't the below beautiful?

Colossians 2:10-11, 13 NLT - 10 "So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. ... 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins."

The Circumcision of Christ is given to all who belong to God. Those who do not belong to God receive this Spiritual Circumcision, the division of the heart and the Sinful Nature. This all-important act of Christ is the fulcrum of our Faith; it is the utter core of the entire Bible; it is at the very center of the Mysterious Plan which still remains hidden to this day.

Anyway, Colossians 2:9-15 are the most important Scriptures in the Bible, but they're also my favorite. Without them, the Bible would be much more difficult to understand.

You say:
The circumcision of Christ is given to all who belong to God.
Then you say:
Those who DO NOT belong to God receive this Spiritual Circumcision, the division of the heart and the sinful nature.

Is that a typo, a contradiction, or something I'm not understanding?

Oh definitely! If I wrote that, it was certainly a typo or this laptop of mine auto-corrected me into an error. :confused

To be clear, persons who do not receive the Circumcision of Christ have not been given to Christ by His Father for Purification.

Thank you for clarifying this with me instead of jumping down my throat.

Have a great day, Wondering!

~David~

Oh definitely! If I wrote that, it was certainly a typo or this laptop of mine auto-corrected me into an error. :confused

To be clear, persons who do not receive the Circumcision of Christ have not been given to Christ by His Father for Purification.

Thank you for clarifying this with me instead of jumping down my throat.

Have a great day, Wondering!

~David~
LOL
I'll never jump down your throat!
Even if we disagree on something.

LOL
I'll never jump down your throat!
Even if we disagree on something.

Thank you! My intentions are that before I disagree with someone, I will ask clarifying questions before I jump to such a conclusion. In my thinking, this seems best. I'm looking forward to learning and growing with you, Wondering. With healthy communication styles, I think that we can actually get somewhere in our discussions. :)

I like your sense of humor. :biggrin - Actually, what I have been doing is offering Scripture to you to see what you think . . . that's much different than your assessment. But, that's ok. :biggrin
The Enemy quotes the Word too….he just changes the intended meaning.
Nah. You're so funny. haha

Circumcision of the Heart is the essence of the Promises given to Abraham, and ALL who belong to his Family of Circumcision. This Blessing is also given to the Gentiles, as the Gentiles were grafted into the Vine.
Let’s move on.
So, are you serious that you're unfamiliar with why physical and Spiritual Circumcision is discussed A LOT in our Holy Bible?
I’m a modern
There is nothing more important to understand than this doctrine, for when this doctrine is examined with a curious and seeking heart, the entire Bible will take on an entirely new meaning. :)
Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. (1Th 5:16-17 KJV)

We can do this while we wash the pots and go about our everyday life, even when we take the dog for a walk, which is what I shall be doing now. :)

God bless.
I love it!! “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee.”

Thank you! My intentions are that before I disagree with someone, I will ask clarifying questions before I jump to such a conclusion. In my thinking, this seems best. I'm looking forward to learning and growing with you, Wondering. With healthy communication styles, I think that we can actually get somewhere in our discussions. :)
I think I have a healthy communication style.
But, of course, I'm prejudiced !

I think you're reformed, not sure.
We won't be agreeing on that soteriology.
But, I do think we'll be meeting in heaven,
so we should be nice to each other.

I think you're reformed, not sure.
We won't be agreeing on that soteriology.
But, I do think we'll be meeting in heaven,
so we should be nice to each other.

Hmmm . . . I know that my understanding has been reformed. After I Powerfully received the Circumcision of Christ, which included the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit, I decided to drop all previous understandings of the Word of God and began studying with the intention that I would be taught by the Holy Spirit. I'm so, so glad that the Lord instructed me to do this, as after doing my best to understand the Bible as a whole, my entire perception of the Bible changed. I can't imagine ever going back to the crazy set of beliefs that I once held. Pft . . . I thought I knew what I believed and why I believed what I believed, but I was wrong. For, I had ZERO knowledge of the Circumcision of Christ, the very fulcrum of our Faith. Without knowledge of this all-important doctrine, the Bible will, by default, be a bit hazy. We may feel like we understand it, but it is impossible.

Hmmm . . . I know that my understanding has been reformed. After I Powerfully received the Circumcision of Christ, which included the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit, I decided to drop all previous understandings of the Word of God and began studying with the intention that I would be taught by the Holy Spirit. I'm so, so glad that the Lord instructed me to do this, as after doing my best to understand the Bible as a whole, my entire perception of the Bible changed. I can't imagine ever going back to the crazy set of beliefs that I once held. Pft . . . I thought I knew what I believed and why I believed what I believed, but I was wrong. For, I had ZERO knowledge of the Circumcision of Christ, the very fulcrum of our Faith. Without knowledge of this all-important doctrine, the Bible will, by default, be a bit hazy. We may feel like we understand it, but it is impossible.
I started out like this. Many years ago.
So what is the circumcision of Christ?
Once Hebrews were circumcised to belong to the tribe.
But then Paul tells us that those that are circumcised are not the circumcised, or the such.
No time to look for the exact verse right now. There are a few, I think I'm remembering Romans. (not sure).

Also, you mention something about how this circumcising changes us.
Do you believer we retain the sin nature but have dominance over it?
Or do you believe we lose the sin nature?

I started out like this. Many years ago.
So what is the circumcision of Christ?
Once Hebrews were circumcised to belong to the tribe.
But then Paul tells us that those that are circumcised are not the circumcised, or the such.
No time to look for the exact verse right now. There are a few, I think I'm remembering Romans. (not sure).

Also, you mention something about how this circumcising changes us.
Do you believer we retain the sin nature but have dominance over it?
Or do you believe we lose the sin nature?
Romans 2 28.

Back