Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHO IS THE RULER OF THE EARTH?

I'll just stay a Spiritually born again child of God indwelled with His Holy Spirit. God doesn't even recognize denominations/non-denominations, but what spirit dwells in the hearts of others.
No one knows the Bible fully

If I see that as my church does .sprinkling baptism and baby baptism .versus
Full immersion and adult only baptism .

Pentacostals versus the quiet Baptist
Or the the Christian and missionary alliance .

I was raised in the faith with female pastors .Im now complmentarian .
There are silly divisions and off shoots but none of the divisions are heretic that I post .

If three people say The Holy Ghost taught them and it's different .then which is it if each can make a case ?

Ie pre ,post ,mid trib ?
Everyone, including myself, says the Holy Spirit teaches us, but it is up to each one of us to read and study the scriptures for ourself instead in what has already been written instead of believing every teaching that comes down the pike. I never ask anyone to believe me but to study the scriptures I give. Satan loves division and is the father of lies as he loves to teach a twisted word through those who are unaware of his devices.

1John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Everyone, including myself, says the Holy Spirit teaches us, but it is up to each one of us to read and study the scriptures for ourself instead in what has already been written instead of believing every teaching that comes down the pike. I never ask anyone to believe me but to study the scriptures I give. Satan loves division and is the father of lies as he loves to teach a twisted word through those who are unaware of his devices.

1John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
You miss the point.

I know this is a derail but .

My old church ordained pastors as females .the word to list the qualifications is the the Bible as it says.

He must be a man of one wife .
The Greek is interchangeable for pastor ,elder and bishop .God led Paul to contradict the Spirit ?

Then there's the emotional side of that .

Not all are called .

I'm not called to teach .I can ponder philosophy and read it .I can read all manner of my level of science articles and get it .I have a science and engineering and logic based disposition but I couldn't break that down to teach a two year old .my pastor a physics major and teacher ,does it well.

The jump rope analogy to solo gratias ,by grace alone is the best way to see it .
I try to keep it simple

No one knows the Bible fully

If I see that as my church does .sprinkling baptism and baby baptism .versus
Full immersion and adult only baptism .

Pentacostals versus the quiet Baptist
Or the the Christian and missionary alliance .

I was raised in the faith with female pastors .Im now complmentarian .
There are silly divisions and off shoots but none of the divisions are heretic that I post .
You are so right as no one can know all the teachings in the Bible and should only stick with what they do know.

When people say I'm non denominational often they have their own little biases of solid points where one who have contradiction aren't in authority to teach ,yes some churches allow it .my does on eschatology

You are so right as no one can know all the teachings in the Bible and should only stick with what they do know.
I don't understand why God let's it but well I simply can't be involved with non complimentary churches .I'm not saying they are apostate just that in some areas it's a weak case and others will agree .

My church worship is quiet ,yet it's solid .

You miss the point.

I know this is a derail but .

My old church ordained pastors as females .the word to list the qualifications is the the Bible as it says.

He must be a man of one wife .
The Greek is interchangeable for pastor ,elder and bishop .God led Paul to contradict the Spirit ?

Then there's the emotional side of that .
Ya, I won't go there as it would derail and we have had many threads on that. :eek2

I don't understand why God let's it but well I simply can't be involved with non complimentary churches .I'm not saying they are apostate just that in some areas it's a weak case and others will agree .

My church worship is quiet ,yet it's solid .
I do enjoy a good worship and praise session singing praises to the Lord, but there has to be more emphasis on teaching the word as some do get carried away with the music and just a bit of teaching. I'm in-between churches right now since we moved and really haven't been led to the ones in this small town even though I have been invited to attend a couple, but do not agree with their doctrine. I need to check out one that is right down the street from us.

Ahhh . . . I was sharing 2nd Timoth 2:26 and how certain people are held captive by the Devil to do his will. What I like about that is that is pretty simple to understand. :)
Ah, so you ignore the first part of the chapter that clarifies what the author wanted to say and extract out the bit that says something totally different. You remove the verses that do not support what you want to believe. You did that with Job as well. It shows a kind of thinking where you have made up a story you want to believe and go find isolated verses that support that. It is the opposite of wanting to find the truth as it is written in the Bible.
Its not jargon at all. Harsh.

Colossians 2:11-12 KJV - "In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."

Proceedures can also be spoken of as Operations. Colossians 2:9-15 are the most important passages in the Bible.
It is jargon pure. It was a meaningful metaphor to the Jews but it is meaningless to us.

Those who willfully engage in sin are already Satan's own as he is not going to attack his own.
He tries to kill, steal and destroy from any human as he equally hates them all. He has no human that he loves and protects. I don't see him as having "his own" as all humans have free will. But he has a foothold in some and uses that to create misery for them and others.
Just like those who engage in the love of Christ and walk in His Spirit are His own, but the difference is Satan will always pursue after God's own tempting them in order to steal their faith and he needs no permission from God to do this.
True, Satan needs no permission from God because God's children, by and large, do not live lives so righteous like Job, that a hedge is around them. Many of God's children open the door to the Enemy thought their own choices and behavior. Satan, for example, is very proud. So when his children give in to their own pride, they are on his turf and he has then permission from them to act in their lives and surroundings.

Contradictory opinions are going to lead people astray, and that is what we get on the forums all the time.
I don't think this is the case. If a person wants an organization where there are no contradictory opinions then a cult is the only option. One man at the top tells all the others what to think. Is that preferable?

I don't think this is the case. If a person wants an organization where there are no contradictory opinions then a cult is the only option. One man at the top tells all the others what to think. Is that preferable?
No, not preferable at all, be they male or female, unless it is Jesus doing the telling, and us the listening. :)

No, not preferable at all, be they male or female, unless it is Jesus doing the telling, and us the listening. :)
Jesus is not here in the body and so the connection is weak. Some listen well having trained themselves to do as He says and some don’t listen at all but think they are free to believe as it suits them disconnected from reality.

Jesus is not here in the body and so the connection is weak. Some listen well having trained themselves to do as He says and some don’t listen at all but think they are free to believe as it suits them disconnected from reality.
People listen to the cult leaders, all of whom are skeletons in the grave. Every single one.

Ah, so you ignore the first part of the chapter that clarifies what the author wanted to say and extract out the bit that says something totally different. You remove the verses that do not support what you want to believe. You did that with Job as well. It shows a kind of thinking where you have made up a story you want to believe and go find isolated verses that support that. It is the opposite of wanting to find the truth as it is written in the Bible.

I like your sense of humor. :biggrin - Actually, what I have been doing is offering Scripture to you to see what you think . . . that's much different than your assessment. But, that's ok. :biggrin
It is jargon pure. It was a meaningful metaphor to the Jews but it is meaningless to us.

Nah. You're so funny. haha

Circumcision of the Heart is the essence of the Promises given to Abraham, and ALL who belong to his Family of Circumcision. This Blessing is also given to the Gentiles, as the Gentiles were grafted into the Vine.

So, are you serious that you're unfamiliar with why physical and Spiritual Circumcision is discussed A LOT in our Holy Bible? There is nothing more important to understand than this doctrine, for when this doctrine is examined with a curious and seeking heart, the entire Bible will take on an entirely new meaning. :)

I like your sense of humor. :biggrin - Actually, what I have been doing is offering Scripture to you to see what you think . . . that's much different than your assessment. But, that's ok. :biggrin

Nah. You're so funny. haha

Circumcision of the Heart is the essence of the Promises given to Abraham, and ALL who belong to his Family of Circumcision. This Blessing is also given to the Gentiles, as the Gentiles were grafted into the Vine.

So, are you serious that you're unfamiliar with why physical and Spiritual Circumcision is discussed A LOT in our Holy Bible? There is nothing more important to understand than this doctrine, for when this doctrine is examined with a curious and seeking heart, the entire Bible will take on an entirely new meaning. :)
I'm not sure if I like "new meanings."

Isn't the below beautiful?

Colossians 2:10-11, 13 NLT - 10 "So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. ... 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins."

The Circumcision of Christ is given to all who belong to God. Those who do not belong to God receive this Spiritual Circumcision, the division of the heart and the Sinful Nature. This all-important act of Christ is the fulcrum of our Faith; it is the utter core of the entire Bible; it is at the very center of the Mysterious Plan which still remains hidden to this day.

Anyway, Colossians 2:9-15 are the most important Scriptures in the Bible, but they're also my favorite. Without them, the Bible would be much more difficult to understand.

:)
This refers to the above post, 3rd paragraph.

Is it a typo?
If not, could you explain better?
It seems you're contradicting yourself OR I'm not understanding.
Thanks.

I hope I am miss understanding what you mean by we can not fully depend on the Holy Spirit. I depend on the Holy Spirit 100% to teach me all truths as when I study I pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide me through the scriptures opening my eyes to all truths. He will take me through the revelations of the OT cross referencing with the revelations of the NT as I study word by word, verse by verses chapter by chapter and the history of the various eras. Do I always understand what the Spirit of Good is teaching, not always as the Holy Spirit will work through others with a greater Spiritual knowledge then I have.

I know you don't read every one of my posts FHG.
But I've been concerned for a while now about how the Holy Spirit guides everyone and yet we come to different conclusions. An important one of these is eternal security. Such an expanse of difference and yet we come up with verses that might apply to either theology.

When I did a study on the works of the 3 Persons of the Trinity, I did not come across the fact that the Holy Spirit teaches.

Jesus called Him the Helper, the Comforter, the Convictor of sin, of God's righteousness, and of the coming judgment.
John 16:6....

Jesus said the Holy Spirit would GUIDE us into all truth...but guidance means we have a teaching and we are guided toward that teaching.j Or, understanding that teaching.

Plus, Jesus told the Apostles to go into all the world and teach what He had taught them.
Matthew 28:19

I know you're not going to agree with me and will probably be able to posts verses (which I wish you would),
but we have to come to some kind of understanding as to why we each believe something different.

Now Satan will throw a few people in the mix trying to teach his twisted word, but we need to learn how to Spiritually discern what spirit is teaching us as the wolf (Satan) will always come in sheep clothing trying to deceive the mind of many, 1 John 4:1-6.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:26
Jesus says He will teach you all things....
but what things?
Jesus' answer is ALL THE THINGS HE TAUGHT.

What Jesus taught is rather simple.
We make it complicated and thus come up with all these differing ideas.
What about Calvinism?
Where was the Holy Spirit when Luther, Calvin, Knox, and all those in that camp came up with that idea?
I can't even find it in the bible no matter how hard I've tried (to at least understand).

I'd like to discuss 1 John 2:27.

You do not have to go to cemetery, OOPS, I mean seminary school to be a scholar. A scholar is one who digs deep into the mysteries of the word of God listening to what the Holy Spirit wants to teach you either one on one or by those who God's Spirit uses to speak through to show us truth.
If only we all listened to the same teacher. :)

Back