Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who were the Nephilim & Giants in the OT?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Again, that's a lovely fantasy.
I have a good imagination.
I could probably come up with an interesting fantasy as well.

Well ok then, that'll save me some time. Now I don't have to do your homework for you and post the scriptures and stuff cuz you'll laugh it off as a fantasy anyway. I'm ok with that I guess.

So Ephesians 6:12 cannot be explained in the flesh, the evil spirits are spoken of in 1 Timothy 4:1; they are deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Do you see hear that evil spirits and demons are not one and the same?
Who are they?
Evil spirits are never referenced as fallen angels.
That leaves you with demons.
Prove to me that demons are fallen angels.
Scripture please.

Scriptures? Do your own homework slacker. If you wont do your own homework then you shouldn't be calling other peoples efforts a fantasy. Good luck with that, wah it's too long, the book is too thick,,,

The way that I understand it, the 1/3 of the Angels in Heaven which fell with Satan were cast out, then Genesis 6 chronicles how they took wives of the pretty earth women and had children and these beings were the Nephilim. They are not redeemable because they are hybrid beings and when it all go out of hand, the Lord caused a great flood which killed all of the Nephilim and giants. The fallen angels survived the flood because they could fly above the flood.

But all of the Nephilim died in the flesh body that they had but are doomed to walk the earth because their spirits can not go to Heaven. And that is where all of the demons and evil spirits came from that Jesus and His Disciples were casting out of people much of the time.
How does an angel take a wife if they're sexless?
Also, an angel is a spirit.
How does a spirit mate with a human?

I don't believe this is possible from what I've learned about angels.

This is for you, for_his_glory and JLB :

Aren't angels sexless,,,asexual....
I don't think angels could have children.

Sorry, I haven't been following along well, but this came to mind.
Maybe it's been answered already....

I've answered it many times, with scripture.

Do you believe God chose Noah and his sons to repopulate the earth, if his offspring were going to be giants; Nephilim?

Only sons of God, angels, could survive the flood.

All flesh was wiped out.

JLB

Last edited:

Who said angels were sexless? The scriptures calls them men, when they have left their own abode and are in the natural realm in which they are seen by us.

And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, Genesis 18:1-2

Yet we know these were two angels with the Lord, and were sent to destroy Sodom.

Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground. Genesis 19:1

Angels can indeed leave their own realm or abode and manifest in the natural realm in which they take on human form.

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 1:6-7

Do you know what Jude was referring to, contextually, when he wrote this?

JLB

Last edited:
Who said angels were sexless? The scriptures calls them men, when they have left their own abode and are in the natural realm in which they are seen by us.

And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, Genesis 18:1-2

Yet we know these were two angels with the Lord, and were sent to destroy Sodom.

Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground. Genesis 19:1

Angels can indeed leave their own realm or abode and manifest in the natural realm in which they take on human form.

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 1:6-7

Do you know what Jude was referring to, contextually, when he wrote this?

JLB
Quite honestly JLB,,,,I've never considered this too much.

If an angel could become human and mate, then wouldn't the child be half human and half angel?

As to Jude 1:6-7
He's writing about gnosticism which had invaded the new church. I understand this from verse 4 because some sects of gnosticism certainly did teach that one could sin all they wanted to because it was the body that was sinning...they separated the body from the spirit.

Then it goes on to say how God punished those that fell, including the angels who sinned.

This is very baffling to me.

Thanks!
I'll be attempting to look into this....
Attempting....

Also, an angel is a spirit.
How does a spirit mate with a human?

I don't believe this is possible from what I've learned about angels.

Easy because they are not sexless. And there is a lot of examples in scripture where Angels manifested in the flesh. And when Jesus resurrected it was with a spiritual body because He walked through the wall into a locked room to visit the disciples, yet He ate with them too and asked tomas to feel Him.

I found another good video about it. It's like a movie but has all scriptures and walks through the entire thing. In only 40 minutes too, There's a lot of info packed into this video. Have a pencil and a bible.

As to Jude 1:6-7
He's writing about gnosticism which had invaded the new church. I understand this from verse 4 because some sects of gnosticism certainly did teach that one could sin all they wanted to because it was the body that was sinning...they separated the body from the spirit

He is referring to the book of Enoch which hd quotes.

JLB

Does the word giant always translate to Nephilim ?
I heard no. Giant is a wrong translation is what I heard from a good Bible teacher and Bible translator. I don't remember exactly but I think it meant more like great ones.
But I would rather refer to, and recommend "Chuck Missler"
He goes over these subjects.
Very interesting.
L

Scriptures? Do your own homework slacker. If you wont do your own homework then you shouldn't be calling other peoples efforts a fantasy. Good luck with that, wah it's too long, the book is too thick,,,

I heard no. Giant is a wrong translation is what I heard from a good Bible teacher and Bible translator. I don't remember exactly but I think it meant more like great ones.
But I would rather refer to, and recommend "Chuck Missler"
He goes over these subjects.
Very interesting.
L
Yes, great ones, like Donald Trump.

I find it boring and mundane that not only are there folks reviving OSAS on this site, now this topic as well.
Shall we regurgitate Water baptism, speaking in tongues or perhaps even the authority of the KJV over the wicked and vile NIV? What other controversies can we drag up, perhaps the Pope?

The truth of the matter on the topic of the Nephelim is this. There are two major views and a minor view. depending on which view one holds, they can remain grounded in solid biblical doctrine or they can slip into the abyss much in the same way the writers of Noah depicted the Nephelim as the flood waters rose, which was pure fantasy.

One view depicts the Nephelim being part human and part angelic. The other view holds that they were simply great men directly from the early generations from line of Adam.

Both views have biblical support, depending on which theology one holds.

One test of what we believe in the matter consists of how we view others both in time past or time present. If our theology causes us to question another’s birth, then it’s a wicked theology. In other words, if our theology causes us to look at another and judge them as not fully human due to their size, then it’s a sure bet it’s a theology from the devil.

Words matter, especially when our words are used to condemn. Goliath was a foul man by the Biblical account. But was he fully human, or was he a highbred that never had a chance due to his tainted bloodline? That type of non-salvation sounds a lot like those who believe that God predestined some to perish.

My point is this, whatever one believes in the matter, watch yourself on how those ideas are lived out.

Yes, great ones, like Donald Trump.
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of the nobles would come to the daughters of man, and they would bear for them; they are the mighty men, who were of old, the men of renown.דהַנְּפִלִ֞ים הָי֣וּ בָאָ֘רֶץ֘ בַּיָּמִ֣ים הָהֵם֒ וְגַ֣ם אַֽחֲרֵי־כֵ֗ן אֲשֶׁ֨ר יָבֹ֜אוּ בְּנֵ֤י הָֽאֱלֹהִים֙ אֶל־בְּנ֣וֹת הָֽאָדָ֔ם וְיָֽלְד֖וּ לָהֶ֑ם הֵ֧מָּה הַגִּבֹּרִ֛ים אֲשֶׁ֥ר מֵֽעוֹלָ֖ם אַנְשֵׁ֥י הַשֵּֽׁם:
The Nephilim: [They were called נְפִילִים because they fell (נָפְלוּ) and caused the world to fall (הִפִּילוּ) (Gen. Rabbah 26:7), and in the Hebrew language it means giants (Pirkei d’Rabbi Eliezer, ch. 22 and Targum Jonathan).הנפלים: על שם שנפלו והפילו את העולם, ובלשון עברית לשון ענקים הוא:
in those days: in the days of the generation of Enosh and the children of Cain.בימים ההם: בימי דור אנוש ובני קין:
and also afterward: Although they had seen the destruction of the generation of Enosh, when the ocean rose up and inundated a third of the world, the generation of the Flood did not humble themselves to learn from them. — [from Mechilta Yithro, Massechta Bachodesh 6; Sifrei Ekev 743]וגם אחרי כן: אף על פי שראו באבדן של דור אנוש שעלה אוקיינוס והציף שליש העולם, לא נכנע דור המבול ללמוד מהם:
when…would come: They [the mothers] would bear giants like them [the fathers]. — [from Gen. Rabbah 26:7]אשר יבאו: היו יולדות ענקים כמותם:
mighty men: to rebel against the Omnipresent. — [Yelammednu, Batei Midrashoth, p. 148]הגבורים: למרוד במקום:
the men of renown: Heb. אַנְשֵׁי הַשֵּׁם Those who were called by name: Irad, Mechujael, Methushael, who were so named because of their destruction, for they were wiped out (מְחוּיָאֵל from נִמּוֹחוּ) and uprooted; (מְתוּשָׁאֵל from הֻתָּשׁוּ). Another explanation: men of desolation (שִׁמָּמוֹן), who made the world desolate. — [from Gen. Rabbah 26:7]אנשי השם: אותן שנקבו בשמות עירד, מחויאל, מתושאל, שנקראו על שם אבדן שנמוחו והותשו. דבר

From Chabad:​

Angels Versus Souls​

We meet the nephilim again, much later, when Moses sends spies to the land of Canaan. The spies were great men, but they returned with a report that struck terror into the hearts of the Israelites, appending their own opinion that the mission of occupying this land would be futile.

Quite tellingly, they made sure to report on these angels who had fallen from heaven—perhaps because they themselves feared meeting the same fate. After all, the wilderness of Sinai was pretty much a heaven for them, with little else to do than contemplate G‑d’s Torah and His wonders. Entering the land of Canaan to conquer, work the land and harvest its produce threatened to be a tremendous descent.

The difference, however, is that the human soul is not an angel. The human soul is called a neshamah, meaning a breath, as in the verse that tells of how, when G‑d created Adam, “He blew into his nostrils the breath of life.”

An angel falls below and is disconnected. A breath, however, can never be disconnected. No matter where it may end up, how low it may have stooped, the neshamah is intrinsically bound to its origin above, and from there it receives the power to shine, even in the darkest and lowest time and place, and return to its true essence.21

Words matter, especially when our words are used to condemn. Goliath was a foul man by the Biblical account. But was he fully human, or was he a highbred that never had a chance due to his tainted bloodline? That type of non-salvation sounds a lot like those who believe that God predestined some to perish.

Great discussion point.

He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. Matthew 13:37-40

It’s my belief that ”tares” are not legitimate human beings.

Im sure “legitimate” may not be the best word to use, but one that readily comes to mind.

JLB

In what way. Please do not tell me you think there are aliens among us... or the Lizards control the world.

No sir. Not that I fully understand...

Just that they are not “legitimate” or authorized by God.

I think a test tube baby would be an example.

He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. Matthew 13:37-40

• the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.

We know that a body without a spirit is dead, so they have a spirit, but I don’t believe it’s from God.

At the same time we must reconcile this scripture.

Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? Hebrews 12:9

God is indeed the Father of Lucifer, who became Satan.

Therefore any “sons of the wicked one” has their origin from God, nevertheless since Satan has become the enemy of God, then his “sons” are enemies.

These are my discussion points, using information from the scriptures. I don’t claim to fully understand this subject.

JLB

No sir. Not that I fully understand...

Just that they are not “legitimate” or authorized by God.

I think a test tube baby would be an example.

• the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.

We know that a body without a spirit is dead, so they have a spirit, but I don’t believe it’s from God.

At the same time we must reconcile this scripture.

Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? Hebrews 12:9

God is indeed the Father of Lucifer, who became Satan.

Therefore any “sons of the wicked one” has their origin from God, nevertheless since Satan has become the enemy of God, then his “sons” are enemies.

These are my discussion points, using information from the scriptures. I don’t claim to fully understand this subject.

JLB
Wether God is their Father or Satan, they are humans first and foremost.
Not half human, half angel, not alien from other planets.
John 8:39 NIV
Abraham is our father," they answered. "If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do what Abraham did.

As you know, we have a physical birth and we have a spiritual birth.

All humanity shares in this physical birth. We all are created in Gods image and have the Devine spark of Gods breath within us. But not all share in the Spiritual birth. Not all receive God and many more reject God. For those who reject God, they are the tares.

Many Jews to this day can trace their genealogy back to Abraham. By way of physical bloodline, they are descendants of Abraham. They are Jews.

However, Paul writes this In Romans 9.

I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Back