Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHY ISN'T THIS GENERATION GETTING MARRIED?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes but when have a majority of humans not procreating .living for their own selves . It's not gonna go well

See the movie cherry 2000.

A gynlod

Well some lady put Gorilla Glue in her hair, because apparently they call or consider hairspray as glue and didn't bother to look that Gorilla glue will bond to metal. I think we're in trouble either way but I think there will always have many people who will actively have kids no matter what.

The androids will be the biggest invention since the automobile. Once they become a real viable alternative, it'll be all over. The synthetic woman will become the preffered option almost overnight.
This whole AI thing is so distressing to me.
I've been concerned about this all my adult life.
Never thought I'd still be alive to see what's happening.

As to women...
I'm one and have lived through women's lib.
I always thought we'd come to this.
Women are getting what they asked for.
What a mess.

Wondering, a simple answer to all of our collective problems will undoubtedly be rooted in sin. However, I think a lot of the younger people in our generation are discouraged from the prospect of getting married and having kids due to economical reasons. I'm not suggesting this is the sole reason nor how it ought to be, but based on the premise of what I have seen and heard from others this is what I conclude.

As mentioned in my previous post before, there is also the prevalence of sexual sin that is permeating in our world which decreases the need for marriage-- at least from the secular perspective which also happens to be the dominant one, sadly.

And of course there will be always be challenges in this world that will be unsolvable by human standards. Yes, I understand very well that older generations might have tolerated and endured more difficulties, but could this be because that was part of their widely accepted culture back then? This was their strength.

I've heard that back in 1950's most families lived on a single income (usually the dad worked full time while mom stayed home to take care of the kids) because that was the social norm. And those same men usually worked for the same company for like 40-50 years until they retired (again, this was the culture back then).

In 2023, especially in the area where I live, many families will run into financial ruin and bankruptcy if they relied solely on a single income. Both partners have to work full time (or one of them needs to while the other works part time). For this reason alone, I know of several couples who have delayed having a child or they simply decided not to have one at all. Also, most people at my work who are younger than 30 years old do not stay in the same company for more than 2 years. They all move on pretty quickly after getting their "foot in the door". This is the new "norm". Not just at my workplace, but also at my friends' workplaces, neighbours' workplaces, etc.

It is easy for someone to ask, "Well, the older generation stuck through all of their ordeals and still got married and had children, so why can't the younger generation do exactly that?" Good question.

There seems to be a shift in our culture that places less emphasis on marriage and more on personal autonomy, happiness, and even survival. Part of that influence comes from social media, consumerism, materialism, secular values, the school system, the way younger generation has been brought up, etc. etc. But in general, from what I have seen and heard, the issue almost always comes down to money. Not in all cases, I'm sure, but it is definitely a strong factor and a valid concern for many people.

And what if a young couple sacrifices everything to get married and have children? The Stats in Canada (where I live) shows that divorce rate is 40-50% for first marriages. Many young people come from broken homes where they have witnessed firsthand the pain and grief of living through their parents' divorce and child custody battles. Combine that with economic hardship and growing pressure to live up to the standards of the wealthy, successful, and picture-perfect people on social media (along with other complex problems present in this world) and it is not hard to imagine why younger people are not seeking marriage.

Perhaps the changing attitude of the younger generation is reflective of our time. As the Bible states, the love of many has grown cold because of lawlessness (Matthew 24:12). Younger people's decision to not marry and have children may not entirely be their "fault" because their choices are in many ways a by product of how our society has shaped their way of thinking, believing, and living. And as I've mentioned before, we could be nearing the end times as more and more of our societal values do not align with God's teachings anymore.

I mean, how do we "move" from a society that still loves the Lord and follows His commands to a society that will one day be ruled and oppressed by the antichrist? There has to be some sort of a transitionary period where there will be a lot of confusion and spiritual clashes. Maybe the younger generation's refusal to get married is just the beginning of what is to come?
Lalas
I just saw this!
You didn't tag me in.

Where are you??

This is different.
Dontcha think?
Yes, I suppose it is. However, I don't think it will mean the end of civilization. In 30 years, I believe we will have the technology to create human beings in labs. Surrogate mothers already exist today, so it's not that far fetched to think they would use something similar to compensate for the lack of natural procreation.

Yes, I suppose it is. However, I don't think it will mean the end of civilization. In 30 years, I believe we will have the technology to create human beings in labs. Surrogate mothers already exist today, so it's not that far fetched to think they would use something similar to compensate for the lack of natural procreation.
6759ff044c6366116a82b8507ccecdd4480d40b0af18462342931a05622791dc.jpg

Even with all the general public knows about this we probably only know a tenth of what is really happening . Pray and pray :pray some more sister .
What's strange is that designers/scientists themselves are saying we should stop and think about this, or we have to all be agreed on behavioral rules.

And yet we just push on.
The tech built, invented, in the past 50 years is moving too fast for us to become adjusted to it.
This had never happened before.

I think we're moving into a danger zone.

What's strange is that designers/scientists themselves are saying we should stop and think about this, or we have to all be agreed on behavioral rules.

And yet we just push on.
The tech built, invented, in the past 50 years is moving too fast for us to become adjusted to it.

Well we're being controlled by evil so this is just the tip of the iceberg.

And yet we just push on.

You have to consider the commercial incentive to develop this kind of technology. Everyone is going to want one of these things. They're going to be like cell phones in that, you can upgrade the firmware and you can customize how they look. New models will be offered yearly just like with phones, too.

A lot of it is because it usually takes 2 working adults to make end meet. Women’s lib was an upper class ideology until economic shifts made it mainstream.

Brave New World.

It's all coming true.

Brave New World.

It's all coming true.

It wasn’t until inflation hit big tin the 70s USA and more women at all strata really needed to work for basic needs or to maintain the family’s standard of living that women’s lib translated into major changes.

Poor and working class women usually worked. It was when the woman working became standard because of necessity that society started changing a lot. The upswing in divorce rates that peaked I think 🤔 in the early 80s played a role too.

Rambling…

Point is in the USA women working en mass was more about economic necessity than ideology.

Back