Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHY ISN'T THIS GENERATION GETTING MARRIED?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Lalas well I'm more aware of the problems than many people. We don't want to lose all that we worked for all because we don't want to deal with bad politics, bad roads, road rage/aggressive driving ,inflation, ect..

It's all piling up and all I keep hearing here is excuses why we're letting evil control our daily lives. More excuses why we should continue on with this cycle and instead do something about it.

If people are so concerned why people like me are not getting married and having kids then you gotta have a good foundation. We don't have a good foundation here. The white picket fence dream is dead. The American dream is dead. The political system wants to force you to buy stuff they want you do, they want to control you and they don't want to protect you either.

When you have a decaying system having a family is the last thing on my mind. Figuring out how to survive and potentially fight against the evil that is destroying everything we worked hard for is what's on my mind.

And you wonder why many people have given up on Christianity because going to church and worshipping God isn't solving their issues. I haven't lost faith in God but I lost faith in humanity. I'm already a prime example why humanity needs to get out of their "safe zones" or "false reality" and figure out how to fix their problems.

Yesterday getting off work a tree got uprooted by a storm and the top of the tree fell up against the apartment building there. Around 2:30pm. Storm happened around 45 minutes ago. Came into work, around 4:40am, the tree wasn't up against the building anymore.

We don't do that with much of anything else like what I mentioned above, we just let the tree sit up against the building, with the glass broken allowing the elements to get in and this is how we're operating. Letting things falling apart and it's a shame.

What would people do if the entire system were to collapse? No government, no cellphones, no internet, no power, no groceries, no nothing. I wouldn't know what to do. Cant imagine having a kid not knowing what to do potentially starving to death because we don't teach survival skills, we just teach kids how to be the opposite gender and have an after school satan club. That's today's reality.

Since good isn't teaching young kids anymore, evil is now the young kids mentor. That's what your kid is going to have to deal with. And kids want to fit in. So well... you got a lot of problems to fix here. It's a lot more work now that we ignored it. Or maybe it's time for another collapse because we never learn from our past. We're just doomed to keep repeating it.

You can't fix it, pray on it. Stop being so negative about why we cant fix something like road rage "because nobody wants to be a police officer" when you have 8 billion people in the world then turn around telling people they should get married and have kids. In what world does this make any sense?

The left is right about one thing, some Christians only care about births but after that, they're on their own because the worlds problems isn't a concern. This isn't meant to criticize anyone. I'm trying to wake people up here because we're so fixated on marriage and family than we are on addressing the world's problems. You gotta put the fires out before you can grow. A plant cannot grow in bad conditions, sometimes it can but if you try growing crops that way you'll be starving.

I'm just tired of the constant evil in this world today and the neglect of addressing it. Why else was Satan allowed in Catholic churches? Priests molesting young alter boys. That was just the beginning.. Satan has already taken over the church.

And I know Christians are more than capable of problem solving, my dad is one, but he's still got grey areas to work on.

Also after the war you had a baby boom. We didn't have a baby boom during the war or during the great depression, it was after the war. It was when everything was better, people were rebuilding.

Lalas well I'm more aware of the problems than many people. We don't want to lose all that we worked for all because we don't want to deal with bad politics, bad roads, road rage/aggressive driving ,inflation, ect..

It's all piling up and all I keep hearing here is excuses why we're letting evil control our daily lives. More excuses why we should continue on with this cycle and instead do something about it.

If people are so concerned why people like me are not getting married and having kids then you gotta have a good foundation. We don't have a good foundation here. The white picket fence dream is dead. The American dream is dead. The political system wants to force you to buy stuff they want you do, they want to control you and they don't want to protect you either.

When you have a decaying system having a family is the last thing on my mind. Figuring out how to survive and potentially fight against the evil that is destroying everything we worked hard for is what's on my mind.

And you wonder why many people have given up on Christianity because going to church and worshipping God isn't solving their issues. I haven't lost faith in God but I lost faith in humanity. I'm already a prime example why humanity needs to get out of their "safe zones" or "false reality" and figure out how to fix their problems.

Yesterday getting off work a tree got uprooted by a storm and the top of the tree fell up against the apartment building there. Around 2:30pm. Storm happened around 45 minutes ago. Came into work, around 4:40am, the tree wasn't up against the building anymore.

We don't do that with much of anything else like what I mentioned above, we just let the tree sit up against the building, with the glass broken allowing the elements to get in and this is how we're operating. Letting things falling apart and it's a shame.

What would people do if the entire system were to collapse? No government, no cellphones, no internet, no power, no groceries, no nothing. I wouldn't know what to do. Cant imagine having a kid not knowing what to do potentially starving to death because we don't teach survival skills, we just teach kids how to be the opposite gender and have an after school satan club. That's today's reality.

Since good isn't teaching young kids anymore, evil is now the young kids mentor. That's what your kid is going to have to deal with. And kids want to fit in. So well... you got a lot of problems to fix here. It's a lot more work now that we ignored it. Or maybe it's time for another collapse because we never learn from our past. We're just doomed to keep repeating it.

You can't fix it, pray on it. Stop being so negative about why we cant fix something like road rage "because nobody wants to be a police officer" when you have 8 billion people in the world then turn around telling people they should get married and have kids. In what world does this make any sense?

The left is right about one thing, some Christians only care about births but after that, they're on their own because the worlds problems isn't a concern. This isn't meant to criticize anyone. I'm trying to wake people up here because we're so fixated on marriage and family than we are on addressing the world's problems. You gotta put the fires out before you can grow. A plant cannot grow in bad conditions, sometimes it can but if you try growing crops that way you'll be starving.

I'm just tired of the constant evil in this world today and the neglect of addressing it. Why else was Satan allowed in Catholic churches? Priests molesting young alter boys. That was just the beginning.. Satan has already taken over the church.

And I know Christians are more than capable of problem solving, my dad is one, but he's still got grey areas to work on.
And there wasn't cars for everyone until the 50s.

My fil was drafted into the navy became a seabea because he could build .

His dad taught him .he had no high school education.

Died as such .made more then kids with degrees.

Blacks in my county in the "better " times couldn't go to high school with whites or even stay on the same beach ,be out at night .

Most motels and gas stations had the right to refuse service .they had their green book of places that did . hospital didnt serve them well either.

Yet they resisted and had kids .

jasonc if people really want kids/starting a family they're going to do it no matter what. Most people are holding off on kids, waiting for things to get better or not having them entirely. You can spend your life waiting to have kids, even at an early age I didn't want them. Had I been born in the 20s, after the war I probably would have had kids. I probably would have joined the army as well back then too. These days we have Veterans out on the streets, homeless. When there are vacant, abandoned homes. People just see what they want to see and I prefer to see the reality of things because only then when you bring that darkness out is when these bad things are addressed. But like I said I'm only one person and can only do so much if others choose to hide in the light all the time. Of course I don't like being in the darkness it's one of those things where you end up being pulled into it. I'm also tired of that but me being aware I'm probably just attracting that...

jasonc if people really want kids/starting a family they're going to do it no matter what. Most people are holding off on kids, waiting for things to get better or not having them entirely. You can spend your life waiting to have kids, even at an early age I didn't want them. Had I been born in the 20s, after the war I probably would have had kids. I probably would have joined the army as well back then too. These days we have Veterans out on the streets, homeless. When there are vacant, abandoned homes. People just see what they want to see and I prefer to see the reality of things because only then when you bring that darkness out is when these bad things are addressed. But like I said I'm only one person and can only do so much if others choose to hide in the light all the time. Of course I don't like being in the darkness it's one of those things where you end up being pulled into it. I'm also tired of that but me being aware I'm probably just attracting that...
It never was "better".
I grew up without power,water at times and running toilet in the 80s.

I'm 50.under that republican era that went down .it was mostly my parents fault . They had four kids .I'm the oldest .I know some of that was spending on dumb stuff .

You complained about roads ?the fact is until the 20s the govt here didn't even bother much with roads .it was mostly farmers who cleared paths .

Veterans being homeless isn't new .the VA shaftety was going on since the Korean war .the nam vets were warned by them not to trust the VA .

You can build the veteran a house and if he refused to live there nothing you can do .

Many vets that are homeless don't want help

jasonc growing up never seen issues with the roads, it's only been an issue since the last recession. Heck, as a kid we played in the streets, had trick or treating on Halloween night til around 11pm, drank water from the garden hose, got to drive around in dunes buggies, went camping. Kids these days don't experience any of that stuff. Can't play in the streets because you can get shot, we can't do Halloween at night because of human predators, you got helicopter parents who wouldn't let your own kid do anything. We didn't have LGBT in schools and we had shop class, taught cursive.

We also had cars where you changed the wheel bearings yourself for cheap. These days you gotta take your car in to the mechanic because of sensitive electronics that sometimes doesnt work.

Anyway I'm glad I don't have kids, I want to be the example on what people need to get done and it's not getting done. A lot of work here in America isn't getting done. Its neglect.

jasonc growing up never seen issues with the roads, it's only been an issue since the last recession. Heck, as a kid we played in the streets, had trick or treating on Halloween night til around 11pm, drank water from the garden hose, got to drive around in dunes buggies, went camping. Kids these days don't experience any of that stuff. Can't play in the streets because you can get shot, we can't do Halloween at night because of human predators, you got helicopter parents who wouldn't let your own kid do anything. We didn't have LGBT in schools and we had shop class, taught cursive.

We also had cars where you changed the wheel bearings yourself for cheap. These days you gotta take your car in to the mechanic because of sensitive electronics that sometimes doesnt work.

Anyway I'm glad I don't have kids, I want to be the example on what people need to get done and it's not getting done. A lot of work here in America isn't getting done. Its neglect.
I read accounts of written or oraly of those dead or my fil who was a surveyor and fireman .

One good account I love is the guy who who built a car and made it to speed and got pulled over ,he modified s John deere to run that way and was told it was too fast.roads here not maintained until elections .the early roads were bricks .same guy didn't like his power bill so he built his own generators and each house he built had that .

He didn't complain granted the govt makes it harder now .

I will have to see if I can copy the Lee hagg post and that guy wasn't christian at all .

I don't even have enough money for dating women especially when I gotta fix my car due to the bad roads that I already pay taxes on.

Women want guys that have money. So either way you're still stuck at square one. And that's probably never going to change then especially now when businesses are laying off workers. People who live in poverty have different priorities too.

I don't even have enough money for dating women especially when I gotta fix my car due to the bad roads that I already pay taxes on.

Women want guys that have money. So either way you're still stuck at square one. And that's probably never going to change then especially now when businesses are laying off workers. People who live in poverty have different priorities too.
You own a house and if as I told my wife years ago .if you want money get s job .

My wife grew up with money and says that really doesn't make you happy .

She had toys,horses and land .parents divorced .money doesn't make you .

Btw parts are made cheap .I know .

Well I have a mortgage on a townhouse because I got tired of throwing my money away with apartment living. I was having the same issue of no money and a low paying retail job. Even with a better paying job, still broke and it wasnt because of the mortgage its because taxes skyrocketed and now dealing with higher inflation.

No matter what I'm still going to be broke but at least my money is going somewhere where hopefully I'll be able to have enough retirement funds. Yeah marriage for me is already off the list.

Besides that women don't want men who are broke so, there's that. Basically young adults are probably going through the same thing. Costs are too high and not
enough pay. So you don't have any money for dates and again women don't want men who are broke.

Well I have a mortgage on a townhouse because I got tired of throwing my money away with apartment living. I was having the same issue of no money and a low paying retail job. Even with a better paying job, still broke and it wasnt because of the mortgage its because taxes skyrocketed and now dealing with higher inflation.

No matter what I'm still going to be broke but at least my money is going somewhere where hopefully I'll be able to have enough retirement funds. Yeah marriage for me is already off the list.

Besides that women don't want men who are broke so, there's that. Basically young adults are probably going through the same thing. Costs are too high and not
enough pay. So you don't have any money for dates and again women don't want men who are broke.
You can sell that and move .

Trust me .I plan to sell my house and exit my state when I retire if the Lord permits.

My step daughter has acquired land in ga . That area is much cheaper then where Iive .

I could simply move to Jefferson county ,Florida and save money that way .

If ad valorem is that high and you are basically bankrupt .which you imply ,sell it or file chapter 13 ..
I know in my state you can't loose your primary residence under 7 or 13.

.I would if I got that bad .I filed chapter 13 three years ago .

Women want guys that have money.
Maybe some women do but I think you are not very correct with this statement regarding all women.

There are advantages and disadvantages with renting vs buying. If you buy, it can be more difficult to relocate because you have the issue of selling the home. With renting, you give notice and you're out. Buying can also be more expensive with taxes, insurance, interest, maintenance, etc. Of course with buying you do have a potential for building up equity over time which you can not do when renting.

As far as being broke, you can change that. I don't know how old you are, what skill sets you possess, or what your educational background is, but if you really want to, you can make changes to increase your market value. Will it be easy, Not likely so if you're not willing to put forth the effort, which can be very challenging, well then you can most likely resign yourself to living and complaining.

Back in 1982 I got married in February, bought a house in April, and was laid off in May from a well-paying job (about $90K a year in today's dollars) and we had a child on the way. The country as a whole was in a recession but the iron range in Minnesota was in a depression with over 25% unemployment. I could have given up and resigned myself to being poor and for a while money was extremely tight. I remember not being able to afford to buy bait when my neighbor invited me to go fishing with him. I picked up any job or jobs I could find even though it meant salaries less than 1/3 my previous. Did I like those jobs? Not necessarily but sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.

I eventually looked into going back to school and learned that I qualified for grants and loans that helped cover some of the costs of a 2-year technical institute program in industrial electrical maintenance. While in school I worked my butt off to keep my GPA up and add value to my repertoire all while working sometimes two part-time jobs. I got involved in different clubs and organizations in my field of study; winning robotics competitions, student of the year, class representative, and student body VP. It all eventually led me to accepting an offer with a company where I eventually retired. Did I start at the top? Absolutely not! In fact, many of my classmates thought I was nuts for accepting the offer at $7.50/hr in 1990 but I told them, "I have to start somewhere." By the end of my first year my salary was increased by almost 35%. I guess they liked my work ethic and my abilities.

We are entitled to nothing and nobody owes us a lifestyle so once hired I didn't sit on my laurels expecting things to be handed to me on a platter. I took every opportunity I could find to learn and add more value to my résumé including learning how to read and understand the mechanical drawings, timing charts, pneumatics, programming, and any additional training I could get. In a very short time I went from entry level electrical assembly to field service technician to technical advisor to electrical designer to electrical engineer to senior electrical engineer to project application engineer and finally to retiring.

Was it easy? No. Did I get rich? No, but I was able to provide a comfortable satisfactory lifestyle for my family.

WIP job market isn't too good, same with selling my place, where ever I go its still going to be near as costly and going back to renting isn't a good idea when I'm 42 and you're wasting money on landlords. At least if I continue working to pay off my mortgage I'd get somewhere. All this for marriage? Nope I'm sticking with my original plan of trying to pay the place off as there are not easy alternatives. Getting a second job if I could find one would just drain me too.

There are not any options at the moment.

Also with my experience with women they're looking for guys with money.

Home equity is more obtainable for me versus looking for a woman that's right for me. I'd have better luck winning the lottery. Even when I was interested, it never worked out. It's not going to happen no matter how hard I try. Guys my age are having this issue and they've been looking. And at this point the women at work who are seemingly interested is just a big joke. They're not interested, they just want attention and take advantage of the men there. It's just another thing to stress over and I'm at the point where I'm over that whole thing.

It's never going to happen no matter what anyone says. My step mom has tried to set me up with women and I've told her that I have zero interest. Been lead there time and again. If it didn't work then it still won't happen and I've already been over it in my mind and accepted the fact God has a different plan for me.

Hi! I'm gen Z and proposed to my future husband recently! :biggrin

It isn't that they aren't marrying. Most Gen Z are minors. I'm 20 and I barely made it into Gen Z by being born 2002.

Millenials have gotten married. The problem is they keep divorcing and remarrying. Eventually by the time they're about 50 they give up on remarrying despite continuing to have relationships. Marriage doesn't mean what it used to to our society because we have lost our faith, morals, traditional values and favour instant gratification, lust and desire.

A sad fact.

But people like myself do exist and hopefully will continue to! :) God bless

WIP job market isn't too good, same with selling my place, where ever I go its still going to be near as costly and going back to renting isn't a good idea when I'm 42 and you're wasting money on landlords. At least if I continue working to pay off my mortgage I'd get somewhere. All this for marriage? Nope I'm sticking with my original plan of trying to pay the place off as there are not easy alternatives. Getting a second job if I could find one would just drain me too.

There are not any options at the moment.

Also with my experience with women they're looking for guys with money.
Then your area is not anything like it is around here. There are jobs everywhere from entry level to highly skilled and educated. A major reason for the inflation we have been experiencing is lack of help. Getting parts and supplies is challenging. It's also part of the reason it takes so much longer today to get things delivered than it did just three years ago.

Hi! I'm gen Z and proposed to my future husband recently! :biggrin

It isn't that they aren't marrying. Most Gen Z are minors. I'm 20 and I barely made it into Gen Z by being born 2002.

Millenials have gotten married. The problem is they keep divorcing and remarrying. Eventually by the time they're about 50 they give up on remarrying despite continuing to have relationships. Marriage doesn't mean what it used to to our society because we have lost our faith, morals, traditional values and favour instant gratification, lust and desire.

A sad fact.

But people like myself do exist and hopefully will continue to! :) God bless
Statistically, the average age for first marriages has been increasing since 1950. Today it is around 32 whereas in 1950 it was about 21.

Back