Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

WHY ISN'T THIS GENERATION GETTING MARRIED?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Love is THE most abused word in English language, in phrases “love is love” or “love wins”, it’s specifically referring to homosexual attraction and it’s weaponized to justify homosexuality. Historically this was used in a Romeo and Juliet kind of setting, like a couple of different socioeconomic classes, different ethnicities, different political backgrounds, they fall for each other despite social stigma and disapproval from their folks; nowadays this is totally distorted.
You know it used to be that you couldn't say I LOVE MY CAR in Italian.
Love was specifically for people.
You loved your spouse, your parents, etc.

Nowadays, maybe due to English influence, they're starting to say stuff like I LOVE MY CAR.
It'll probably become more common with the next generation,
It's too bad.

You know it used to be that you couldn't say I LOVE MY CAR in Italian.
Love was specifically for people.
You loved your spouse, your parents, etc.

Nowadays, maybe due to English influence, they're starting to say stuff like I LOVE MY CAR.
It'll probably become more common with the next generation,
It's too bad.
Yeah, even for people, there’re a lot of alternative expressions of I luv u - “I adore you;” “I cherish you;” “I’m attracted to you;” “I’m infatuated with you;” “I’m emotionally attached to you;” “I’m devoted to you;” “my heart longs for you;” “how can I live without you;” “we belong together;” “you’re my darling;” “you’re my joy and delight;” “you’re the air I breathe;” “you’re my other half.” You don’t spam “love”, because that’d cheapen it. Also you don’t love “love”, using it as both a verb and a noun, that’d make it pointless.

Last edited:
Talk to some guys that married a feminist.
This depends on what kind of feminist. Historically there were three waves of feminism:

The first one around the era of WWI, it was a fight for basic human rights and dignity, that women should be treated not necessarily as much as equal to men, but at least as human beings, not breeders or possessions, it was mostly positive.

The second one was in the civil right era, it demanded equal treatment and OPPORTUNITY, that women are not inferior to men and shall not be discriminated, that was the positive part; meanwhile women were entering into workforce, they became sexually promiscuous, and family values diminished, that was the negative part.

The third one probably started from early 2010s, it was all about resentment and demonization of men, you know, a crusade against "toxic musculinity", the goal was equal OUTCOME, not equal opportunity, despite merit and ability, and also the emasculization of men. Compared to the previous two waves, this one is totally negative with zero redeeming quality.

Therefore it's not wise or fair to paint all feminists with one broad brush. The previous two types of feminists may be rare, but they still exist.

Last edited:
This depends on what kind of feminist. Historically there were three waves of feminism:

The first one around the era of WWI, it was a fight for basic human rights and dignity, that women should be treated not necessarily as much as equal to men, but at least as human beings, not breeders or possessions, it was mostly positive.

The second one was in the civil right era, it demanded equal treatment and OPPORTUNITY, that women are not inferior to men and shall not be discriminated, that was the positive part; meanwhile women were entering into workforce, they became sexually promiscuous, and family values diminished, that was the negative part.

The third one probably started from early 2010s, it was all about resentment and demonization of men, you know, a crusade against "toxic musculinity", the goal was equal OUTCOME, not equal opportunity, despite merit and ability, and also the emasculization of men. Compared to the previous two waves, this one is totally negative with zero redeeming quality.

Therefore it's not wise or fair to paint all feminists with one broad brush. The previous two types of feminists may be rare, but they still exist.
That's a fair point.

I think my generation has confused love with lust. They lust after a person and they think they love them. Then they get married, the intensity dies down, and they miss it. It usually ends in divorce.

Feminism has made the concept of the housewife seem degrading. But in reality, women were objectively happier when being a housewife was more common. I would even ask women today, do you ever see a feminist that looks happy? Me neither. XD

Lust is a transient rush of hormones, it's a big dopamine hit, it comes like a wave that crashes and makes a huge impact on the beach, then it's gone as though it has never existed, then rinse and repeat with the next wave, pun intended. Love, on the other hand, is an ACTION, not a feeling as most people think, including but not limited to actions in bed. It's altruistic, putting your partner's need and happiness over your own, devoting your time and resources to their wellbeing, that requires spiritual maturity and faith in generosity - "it is more blessed to give than to receive." (Acts 20:35)

And it generally happens after you have kids. Those kids then end up in broken homes and then too afraid to get married so their love life is broken. You can add that to the list of reasons why I choose to stay single.

Another thing with these days is that many women dont think they need a man, they can do everything themselves, women power, and can make alot of money, that is until they broken down and need a tyre changed or building a house, or there is a war, or they are being threatened or attacked, then suddenly they are looking for a fit strong man.

I've seen some of these women do all these things, but they often have the convenience of disposable income so the tow truck changes the tire, hire someone to fix their home and even have bodyguards.

Worry not, hordes of illegal aliens from all over the world are rushing in across the southern border everyday to replenish the nation. We have a saying that accurately captures the thinking process behind it - better build a car than design a car; better buy a car than build a car; better rent a car than buy a car. The original one stops here, but it could go further: better steal a car than rent a car.

Meanwhile

And it generally happens after you have kids. Those kids then end up in broken homes and then too afraid to get married so their love life is broken. You can add that to the list of reasons why I choose to stay single.
Yeah. I went through that crap when i was a kid and I don't want to experience it again.

Feminism began in the 60s, 70s it really got rolling.

It could be traced back to WWI when women were given the right to vote. It wasn’t called feminism movement, though, maybe “women’s suffrage.”
Suffrage was legal to vote in 1920. But in my county ,in fellsemere woman could vote in 1911.

Also woman's clubs which existed before that . These still exist in several communities,one a ghost town . Sebestian,Vero and wabasso ,fellsemere still have them .

These were libraries as well.

It could be traced back to WWI when women were given the right to vote. It wasn’t called feminism movement, though, maybe “women’s suffrage.”
I agree.
You just jumped right to 2010....
unless there's a new movement I don't know about,
the latest feminist movement was back in the 60's.

Biologist.

You don't, and you can't. And in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.
Oh no!
A Richard Dawkins type.
Have you heard the big news on the cell?
It's pretty amazing J...
You must admit.
How do you explain that through evolution?

This would make a good thread in Science and Christiianity. Or V V.
Would you be willing??

indecisive-i-dont-know.gif

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back