Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

WHY ISN'T THIS GENERATION GETTING MARRIED?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's not terrible that women can initiate a divorce. But the numbers clearly indicate that women are getting into marriages and not staying committed. Marriage is supposed to be a commitment. It's not something you should just give up on because you find the married life boring. If you think it's boring, you shouldn't get married in the first place.

I saw this play out when I was a kid. My mother married my stepdad, a really good guy that cared enough to adopt me and put a roof over our heads. Great job making good money. My mom got to be a housewife and he got her everything she wanted. But none of that mattered after a few years. Why? Because she was bored of living the married life. She wanted to go out with her friends and chase other guys. She wanted the thrill of being single again.

That's the problem. Immature women that want to be teen girls until they hit 40. Then they freak out and finally grow up and want to settle down. But by then a younger guy isn't looking at her like he's looking at some young 20-something. Then she either becomes a lesbian or a cat lady. :tongue
I think menopause is the biggest contributor, it's almost synonymous with divorce. During a woman's fertile years, she is dominated by what is called "mommy brain" ever since her first successful childbirth, from there on she's interested at people over things, she usually prioritizes at maintaining relationships - with her husband, with her kids, with colleagues and friends, she values her connection with other people, and for that she's willing to make compromises and tolerate their shortcomings. But once she reaches menopause and perimenopause around 50, she will go through a lot of hormonal changes in a negative way as all hormone levels drop, as a result not only does she stop bearing, but also stop CARING, that mommy brain is decommissioned, those shortcomings that were once overlooked and never bothering her now become a thorn in the side; and usually at this age the kids were all grown up and independent on their own, she's no longer obligated to look after them anymore, rather, she'd be tormented by hot flashes, night sweating, mood swings, weight gains and other symptoms during this transitional period, all those relationships she used to cherish and adore have more or less faded away, and as you said, she couldn't wait to be single again; and usually the husband is going through his own mid life crisis, he couldn't put up with her as well, and that makes this period the most challenging and trying time in a marriage, not "seven year itch". This might be kind of a stereotypical way to put it, but this is a real phenomenon and there's science behind it.

I believe times have changed and there is no pressure to get married these days. Even marriage is changed its not like some priest in a church anynore.

Only the last like 40 years or so i think. Ever since the stone age you would hardly see a unmarried woman with a child anyehere in the world, depending where one lives in the world they would either be stoned, the child would be adopted, or, the woman would be looked down on in society as immoral. I know in my parents and especially grandparants days there was harldy any divorce and no umarried women with children as that was seen as shameful.

These days its just normal there are single women with children or on single parant welfare. And some take advantage of it because its a safety net. Not generalising but just some do. They get free cash from the govrrnment till the child is 18 and they get child support from the father. They can easy leave a dude. Some have kids just for that reason..

I mean even Mary had to quickly marry Joseph when she was pregnant with Jesus so she dodnt get stoned to death.

Last edited:
I believe times have changed so ther is no pressure to get married as in the west its changed.

Only the last like 40 years or so i think. Ever since the stone age you would hardly see a unmarried woman with a child anyehere in the world, depending where one lives in the world they would either be stoned, the child would be adopted, or, the woman would be looked down on in society as immoral. I know in my parents and especially grandparants datlys there is harldy any divorce and no umarried women with children that was a shame.

These days its just normal there are single women with children or on single parant welfare.

I mean even Mary had to quickly marry Joseph when she was pregnant with Jesus so she dodnt get stoned to death.
That's the goal, to disintergrate traditional nuclear family unit and replace it with the big government. And contrary to what is being relentlessly advertised to young women in this sick culture, you can't have it all, at least not at the same time, because you can't serve two masters.

Thats what it is.

Exaxtly as Jesus said in general.

"If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house."

The crooked ones target is the family and to break the family as that crumbles society and destroys, and the evidence is clear you can see the consequences in society when families values are lost and the decay.

The traditional family values are under attack so the devil can plunder as the croooked one seeks to destroy because he knows his time is short.

Last edited:
Lately a statistics shows that two out of three men under 30 are sexless and single, and there're two major contributors which I elaborated in post #359 - commitment to career and lack of suitable partner. There's good news, though, that neither of these is a curse. It gives me comfort and peace to know that neither celibacy nor marriage is frowned upon in the bible, only fornication is.

"But He said to them, “All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given: For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it.” (Matt. 19:11-12)

"I say this as a concession, not as a commandment. For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion." (1 Cor. 7:6-9)

Another thing with these days is that many women dont think they need a man, they can do everything themselves, women power, and can make alot of money, that is until they broken down and need a tyre changed or building a house, or there is a war, or they are being threatened or attacked, then suddenly they are looking for a fit strong man.

Last edited:
Another thing with these days is that many women dont think they need a man, they can do everything themselves, women power, and can make alot of money, that is until they broken down and need a tyre changed, or there is a war, or they are being threatened or attacked, then suddenly they are looking for a fit strong man to protect them.
Yes, because childbirth and marriage are perceived as a curse. If a woman never gets married and never has child, then maybe she could avoid both. But being a nun - or a none - is not a solution, there's no escape from this, at least the sorrow is still greatly multiplied.

To the woman He said:
“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be for your husband,
And he shall rule over you. (Gen. 3:16)

Last edited:
Another thing with these days is that many women dont think they need a man, they can do everything themselves, women power, and can make alot of money, that is until they broken down and need a tyre changed or building a house, or there is a war, or they are being threatened or attacked, then suddenly they are looking for a fit strong man.
Until war breaks out. Or the hot water heater stops working. XD

Yes, because childbirth and marriage are perceived as a curse. If a woman never gets married and never has child, then maybe she could avoid both. But being a nun - or a none - is not a solution, there's no escape from this at least the sorrow is still greatly multiplied.

To the woman He said:
“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be for your husband,
And he shall rule over you. (Gen. 3:16)

Before the fall God created mankind in his own image, he created them male and female, God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number fill the earth and subdue it."

Thats the way it is otherwise it violates Gods blessing to be fruitful and fill the earth and increase otherwise its basically extinctionist. Similar like a nation of homosexuals wouldnt last longer than a single generation, or if women aborted there babies. Just facts and truth.

Even the Virgin Mary gave birth to a child.

If every women decided to be a nun the earth would go extinct. If the church was full of nuns and priests it wouldnt last longer than a single generation would wipe itself out, same thing.

Saying that its not a must everyone has to get married and have children, just that God is pro life and creation.

Last edited:
Before the fall God created mankind in his own image, he created them male and female, God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number fill the earth and subdue it."

There is no solution otherwise it violates Gods blessing to be fruitful and fill the earth and increase otherwise its basically extinctionist. Similar like a nation of homosexuals wouldnt last longer than a single generation, or if women aborted there babies. Just facts and truth.

Even the Virgin Mary gave birth to a child.

If every women decided to be a nun the earth would go extinct.
Worry not, hordes of illegal aliens from all over the world are rushing in across the southern border everyday to replenish the nation. We have a saying that accurately captures the thinking process behind it - better build a car than design a car; better buy a car than build a car; better rent a car than buy a car. The original one stops here, but it could go further: better steal a car than rent a car.

I never understood why peoppe got called conspiracy theorists over the years when it is the UNs replacement migration scheme on there offical documents.

People try call them refugees but the many are economic migrants. Like the flood in Europe and the USA.

The Islamic Arab lands and the African lands for example have high birth rates so they dont need economic migrants. Other Asian countries stand there ground and dont want to be flooded with migrants and different cultures.

I never understood why peoppe got called conspiracy theorists over the years when it is the UNs replacement migration scheme on there offical documents.

People try call them refugees but the many are economic migrants. Like the flood in Europe and the USA.

The Islamic Arab lands and the African lands for example have high birth rates so they dont need economic migrants. Other Asian countries stand there ground and dont want to be flooded with migrants and different cultures.
It's the devil's physchological warfare to discredit dissenting voices, obviously.

Its amazing because the globalists are open and honest about there plans and agendas for the world and anytime people expose it they get called a conspircy theorist.

It was like when AJ said the UN plans to flood the USA with 500 million migrants and was called a conspiracy theorist. That was the last scenario for USA thou, but Its still not a conspiracy theory, its probably still there on the UNs official website under there replacement migration scenarios.

The UN acturally calls it replacement migration and has different countries and different scenarios.

Last edited:
Its amazing because the globalists are open and honest about there plans and agendas for the world and anytime people expose it they get called a conspircy theorist.

It was like when AJ said the UN plans to flood the USA with 500 million migrants and was called a conspiracy theorist. That was the last scenario for USA thou, but Its still not a conspiracy theory, its probably still there on the UNs official website under there replacement migration schemes.

The UN acturally calls it replacement migration and has different countries and different scenarios.
Conspiracy is the new heresy, conspiracists are the new heretics, censorship, deplatforming and demonetization are the new forms of persecution. There's nothing new under the sun.

It's the devil's physchological warfare to discredit dissenting voices, obviously.

Its always been psychological. Many people think wars are physical but its always been psychological and a war for the mind and power and control, lies and manipularion, propoganda, ideaologies, confusion.

Exactly what the scriptures call it, this world is a spiritual battle.

Its always been psychological. Many people think wars are physical but its always been psychological and a war for the mind and power and control, lies and manipularion, propoganda, ideaologies, confusion.

Exactly what the scriptures call it, this world is a spiritual battle.
Yep. TikTok and fentanyls are weapons more lethal than nuclear bomb and aircraft carrier.

I know that you know that it's more then a emotional or always exciting.
I agree with Riven too.

Marriage is a commitment.
Especially when there's children involved.

If there abuse or something else serious, I'm not saying one has to stay and die in some way.
But most get divorced because they've GROWN APART, or some other such reason.
Sometimes they meet someone else and think it's going to last. Surprise!

It seems we just can't learn from the mistakes of others.
We have to hit our own nose up against the wall.

Prev. Wondering

So the thread has evolved again. It's gone from "those danged kids today", to "those danged women today gettin' all uppity", and now to "it's all part of a global conspiracy by the UN".

Earlier I was asked why I post on a Christian forum. Well, this is part of the reason. Stuff like the above is fascinating, hilarious, and very entertaining. :clap

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back