Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Will the False prophet be Judas Iscariot resurrected?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I agree.

I don't read the type of scholarly books you do, but I've read a little and it can be a real blessing.
I find that there is much enlightenment in reading the thoughts of others without it necessarily changing my own ideas, although it could do that too.

The type of books I read would be like Death on a Friday Afternoon, The Lord's Supper, and even Pope Benedict's The Life of Jesus. (2 volumes).

I would even recommend the above to those reading this.

wondering,

You are brave making those kinds of recommendations on this forum. I particularly value the Christian history books of Philip Schaff, Earle Cairns, and Kenneth Scott Latourette. They have helped me gain an extensive understanding of church history. When I taught Church History in Bible College I used Earle Cairns, Christianity Through the Centuries as a text

What do you think is driving the thinking on this forum that God's gifts of teachers who wrote books are useless to Christian growth?

Oz

Hopeful,

If you read the link from the article I wrote, you would see that it is full of verses from the Bible.

Before Christ’s resurrection, both believers and unbelievers went to Sheol/Hades – two separate places in that location (see Isa 14:9-20; 44:23; Ezek 32:21; Lk 16:22-23). After the resurrection, believers go to be with Christ (Phil. 1:23) which is better than Hades. According to 2 Cor. 5:6-9, believers are present with the Lord and are worshipping with the angelic hosts in heaven (Heb. 12:22-23).

We understand that Christ went to Hades at death (see Acts 2:31). When Jesus was in Hades, Peter explains that Christ was proclaiming to “the spirits now in prison” (1 Peter 3:18-22).

However, in the Gospel records (e.g. Luke 23:43), Paradise refers to the section of Hades reserved for the righteous. By the time of Paul’s writing in 2 Cor. 12:2-4, Paradise seems to have been taken out of Hades and is now the third heaven.

So, with progressive revelation, we understand that after the resurrection of Jesus, the believer who dies goes to heaven at death and there awaits the future resurrection to the eternal state.

What about unbelievers now? The Scriptures seem to teach that they go into torment in the intermediate state in Hades, awaiting the final judgment. Peter described it this way:

“To hold” in the Greek of this verse is a present, active infinitive, meaning that the wicked are being kept where they are, captive continuously. This verse clearly refutes annihilation of the wicked after death as there would be nothing “to hold” until the judgment day if they had no existence. Peter says the unrighteous are “continuing their punishment”, this phrase is interpreting a present, passive participle that indicates the unbelievers are being continuously tormented/punished. The Greek grammar of this text clearly states that the wicked dead are experiencing torment as they await the final judgment. Greek present tense indicates kind of action and not time of action, as in English - as a general rule.

We read about the final judgment in Rev. 20:13-15 when Hades (the place for the wicked who died after Christ’s resurrection) will be emptied of the wicked dead and will face God for judgment. At that point, the wicked will be cast into hell.

I encourage you to be not so ignorant of the content of a link as you have been here.

Oz
I don't agree with your POV.

If Judas is the false prophet, then he will be doing all that the false prophet does.
Sorry, I did see you answered them.

What all does the false prophet do in order to even deceive the very elect of God if possible? It's very clear in scripture.

How is Judas connected with mystery Babylon as a ruler over earth in the end of days?

Sorry, I did see you answered them.

What all does the false prophet do in order to even deceive the very elect of God if possible? It's very clear in scripture.

How is Judas connected with mystery Babylon as a ruler over earth in the end of days?

Yes, it is very clear in Scripture. As you recognize.

I don't understand your last question. Mystery Babylon is part of the last days deception. The false prophet is part of the last days deception. If Judas is the false prophet, then that is the connection.

Quantrill

Yes, it is very clear in Scripture. As you recognize.

I don't understand your last question. Mystery Babylon is part of the last days deception. The false prophet is part of the last days deception. If Judas is the false prophet, then that is the connection.

Quantrill
You skirted around that question I ask as I was hoping you would have told me those things Judas, being the son of perdition, would do when he takes his literal seat in the very temple of God in Jerusalem showing the world he is God.

You skirted around that question I ask as I was hoping you would have told me those things Judas, being the son of perdition, would do when he takes his literal seat in the very temple of God in Jerusalem showing the world he is God.

I didn't skirt anything. I told you that anything the false prophet does, the son of perdition, is that which Judas will also do as the 'son of perdition.'

In my opinion.

Do you understand who the false prophet is, or are you asking me who the false prophet is?

Quantrill

I didn't skirt anything. I told you that anything the false prophet does, the son of perdition, is that which Judas will also do as the 'son of perdition.'

In my opinion.

Do you understand who the false prophet is, or are you asking me who the false prophet is?

Quantrill
And I asked you what will those things be, but I guess you do not know. I already know who the son of perdition is in the end of days.

And I asked you what will those things be, but I guess you do not know. I already know who the son of perdition is in the end of days.

The false prophet will be to the anti-christ what the Holy Spirit is to Christ. He will direct attention to the anti-christ. He will perform great miracles so as to deceive and cause people to worship the anti-christ.

Quantrill

The false prophet will be to the anti-christ what the Holy Spirit is to Christ. He will direct attention to the anti-christ. He will perform great miracles so as to deceive and cause people to worship the anti-christ.

Quantrill
All false prophets are antichrist. 1 John 2:18.

In Rev 13 who do you think the beast out of the sea is that gives power to the beast out of the earth are?

Here is another question. Who was it that ruled over Jerusalem making many martyr's of those who are God's own for centuries? Here is a clue as they received a deadly wound, butthe wound was healed.

All false prophets are antichrist. 1 John 2:18.

In Rev 13 who do you think the beast out of the sea is that gives power to the beast out of the earth are?

Here is another question. Who was it that ruled over Jerusalem making many martyr's of those who are God's own for centuries? Here is a clue as they received a deadly wound, butthe wound was healed.

Well...yes, all false prophets are anti-christ.

Explain your question concerning the two beast's in (Rev. 13).

Why do you ask me a question and then give a clue? You already have an answer or opinion. Just state what it is.

Quantrill

Well...yes, all false prophets are anti-christ.

Explain your question concerning the two beast's in (Rev. 13).

Why do you ask me a question and then give a clue? You already have an answer or opinion. Just state what it is.

Quantrill
Why is it you always argue with everyone?
Do you think we will all argue in heaven?

Back