Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Works for Salvation: Humility

The Christian sacrament* of baptismal regeneration is required for the new covenant and salvation!

*this promise acts 2:38-39 is a sacred oath from God ez 36:25-27 and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Initiation!!!

Faith & Baptism is the initiation of the new and eternal covenant!

You cannot enter on you’re own or by “faith alone”!

You cannot receive Christ or grace by “faith alone”!

“Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior” is fundamentalist tradition not found scripture!

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Baptismal regeneration a new creation in Christ! 2 Cor 5:17

A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 (this promise)

No baptism no grace!
No union with God and His saints thru Christ the mediator!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone! Jn 3:5

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation. (repent and believe the gospel) with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!
Matt 28:19

Faith alone” Questions

where does ez 36: 25:27 Say “faith alone”?

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Where does it say we are sealed by faith alone?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Ministered by the apostolic church!

2 Corinthians 8:19
And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

The early Catholic Church fathers say faith and baptism!

Eph 5:24 the church is subject to Christ and has always taught and practiced “baptismal regeneration” and never “faith alone” if anyone says we are justified by “faith alone” let them be anathema! (condemned)

Matt 28:19 disciples by faith and baptism

I'll expect if someone who doesn't believe gets baptized all that will happen is they get wet. Because its grace through "Faith" that we are saved.
Agreed.
This does confirm what Mark wrote:
If a person believes AND is baptized, he will be saved.
If a person DOES NOT believe, he will not be saved.

What about the cross?
Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Not that kind of sign D.
Each covenant made with man had a sign.

Adamic Covenant: Angel with Flaming Sword
Noahic: Rainbow
Abrahamic: Circumcision
Mosaic: Sabbath
Davidic: Throne - as a symbol
New Covenant: Eucharist

It’s thru baptism that he quickens us or brings us to the life of grace!
Gal 3:27
The issue is making Formulas/ Well without water. Like if you are not baptized you are not saved.
God can use any situation to quicken.
Through your Formula you kill by judging people when you are not God.

God does not have to wait until people understand everything
In order to bless them with His presence. He is the same today, yesterday and forevermore..

Take heed before you curse people for every man has to be convinced in his own heart. And God looks at the heart.
The key is entering the kingdom, how you get there is obviously allowed by God even before Baptism. Yes even the theif who was never said to be baptized with water would be in paradise.

Romans -Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

I did not understand baptism when I was baptized, only as an outward expression of an inward conviction.

And God forgave me and gave me joy and peace, The kingdom is righteousness peace and Joy in the Holyghost, so the primary baptism is to be immersed in His presence /reality. How people get there is how God allows.

There are those who the Holy Spirit fell on before they were baptized with water. God did it that way to teach for His reasons. They saw that they had received the Spirit. Therefore what should stop them from entering into the communuty of believers.

Last edited:
Acts 19:4-7
Acts 10:44-48
Let me print them out:
4Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
5On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues b and prophesied. 7There were about twelve men in all.

44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message.
45The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles.
46For they heard them speaking in tongues b and praising God.
Then Peter said,
47“Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”
48So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

I was saying how there's a FORM to baptize...
that is a formula that needs to be followed.
I believe that there's only one denomination that believes we're to baptize in the name of Jesus only.

Every denomination baptizes using the FORM/FORMULA that Jesus left us with and they follow His instruction:
Matthew 28:19
Baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
This is the formula that is to be followed according to Jesus.

Again, being baptized in the name of Jesus is used only to differentiate the baptism of John.
Jesus' baptism is with fire and the Holy Spirit.

And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19 in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm.
The Didache (the teachings of the Apostles)
Chapter 7
Approx 90AD

I will also relate the manner in which we dedicated ourselves to God when we had been made new through Christ; lest, if we omit this, we seem to be unfair in the explanation we are making. As many as are persuaded and believe that what we teach and say is true, and undertake to be able to live accordingly, are instructed to pray and to entreat God with fasting, for the remission of their sins that are past, we praying and fasting with them. Then they are brought by us where there is water, and are regenerated in the same manner in which we were ourselves regenerated. For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water. For Christ also said, “Except ye be born again, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”
Justin Martyr
110-165AD
(JM was taught by a student of John the Apostle)

No we can receive grace by prayer etc. but we must be in Christ by faith and baptism, the sacraments are the primary source of grace
Without baptism a person cannot enter the kingdom cos they are devoid of grace.
Thanks
I've asked you this before and you never reply:
If a person comes to believe and they die unbaptized,
what happens to their soul?

Those going through RCIA won't even be baptized till about a year after they begin their lessons.
Are they not saved?
John 3:16

Jesus said that without the works of humility, one cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven.

Matthew 18
[1] At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
[2] And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
[3] And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[4] Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

If I've got a cancerous brain tumor that's going to kill me, I have to believe the oncologist when he tells me I've got a brain tumor and accept the surgical work of the brain surgeon in order to be saved from the lethal effect of my brain tumor. Does believing the truth about myself, about my brain, and trusting in the brain surgeon to remove it save me, though? No. If I don't submit myself to the brain operation necessary to my salvation, I will die. No amount of believing I have a cancerous brain tumor will keep me from being killed by it. No depth of trust in the brain surgeon to remove my tumor will eliminate it. Only if I lie upon an operating table and receive the surgical work of the surgeon will I be saved from my death-dealing tumor. And I can't aid the surgeon in his life-saving work; he alone does what is necessary to free me from my tumor. Without the surgeon, I could lie upon the table for hours, or days, or weeks and not be delivered from my tumor. So, then, I am not my own savior; my willingness to believe I am deathly sick and to accept the life-saving work of the brain surgeon do not save me. Only the hands and skill of the surgeon can rescue me from death.

In the same way, I must believe the truth of the Gospel that I am desperately sin-sick and will die an eternal second death in hell if I am not made well. I must also be willing to submit to the saving work of the Great Physician, trusting in his salvation of me accomplished on the cross of Calvary. Neither my belief in my sin-sickness, nor my trust in the Great Physician, save me, however; they just bring me to the place where I receive salvation. I can believe with all my strength that I am deeply sin-sick and need healing and trust that the Great Physician, Jesus Christ, can remove the "tumor" of my sin, but if he doesn't save me, if he doesn't perform his saving work upon me, making me a new creature in himself, I will remain sin-sick and headed for hell. To his work, to the removal of my "sin-tumor," I can contribute nothing. Not one thing. I can only receive from the Savior my salvation, as a gift, undeserved and utterly, perfectly complete. There is only one Savior. (John 3:16; John14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5; Titus 3:5-8)

Let me print them out:
4Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
5On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues b and prophesied. 7There were about twelve men in all.

44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message.
45The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles.
46For they heard them speaking in tongues b and praising God.
Then Peter said,
47“Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”
48So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

I was saying how there's a FORM to baptize...
that is a formula that needs to be followed.
I believe that there's only one denomination that believes we're to baptize in the name of Jesus only.

Every denomination baptizes using the FORM/FORMULA that Jesus left us with and they follow His instruction:
Matthew 28:19
Baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
This is the formula that is to be followed according to Jesus.

Again, being baptized in the name of Jesus is used only to differentiate the baptism of John.
Jesus' baptism is with fire and the Holy Spirit.
😃
And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19 in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm.
The Didache (the teachings of the Apostles)
Chapter 7
Approx 90AD

I will also relate the manner in which we dedicated ourselves to God when we had been made new through Christ; lest, if we omit this, we seem to be unfair in the explanation we are making. As many as are persuaded and believe that what we teach and say is true, and undertake to be able to live accordingly, are instructed to pray and to entreat God with fasting, for the remission of their sins that are past, we praying and fasting with them.

Then they are brought by us where there is water, and are regenerated in the same manner in which we were ourselves regenerated.
❤️
For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water. For Christ also said, “Except ye be born again, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”
Justin Martyr
110-165AD
(JM was taught by a student of John the Apostle)

Those going through RCIA won't even be baptized till about a year after they begin their lessons.
Are they not saved?
Love to see what answer you get

Where?
For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Christ is the life Jn 14:6

Born again is baptismal regeneration

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

Faith and baptism are required Mk 16:16 eph 4:5

Faith alone even all faith avails NOTHING! 1 cor 13:2

Not called to “faith alone” Phil 1:29

Not that kind of sign D.
Each covenant made with man had a sign.

Adamic Covenant: Angel with Flaming Sword
Noahic: Rainbow
Abrahamic: Circumcision
Mosaic: Sabbath
Davidic: Throne - as a symbol
New Covenant: Eucharist
Interesting

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

The issue is making Formulas/ Well without water. Like if you are not baptized you are not saved.
God can use any situation to quicken.
Through your Formula you kill by judging people when you are not God.

God does not have to wait until people understand everything
In order to bless them with His presence. He is the same today, yesterday and forevermore..

Take heed before you curse people for every man has to be convinced in his own heart. And God looks at the heart.
The key is entering the kingdom, how you get there is obviously allowed by God even before Baptism. Yes even the theif who was never said to be baptized with water would be in paradise.

Romans -Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

I did not understand baptism when I was baptized, only as an outward expression of an inward conviction.

And God forgave me and gave me joy and peace, The kingdom is righteousness peace and Joy in the Holyghost, so the primary baptism is to be immersed in His presence /reality. How people get there is how God allows.

There are those who the Holy Spirit fell on before they were baptized with water. God did it that way to teach for His reasons. They saw that they had received the Spirit. Therefore what should stop them from entering into the communuty of believers.
Your talking ordinary means verses extraordinary means

Faith and baptism are the required ordinary means Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5

If I've got a cancerous brain tumor that's going to kill me, I have to believe the oncologist when he tells me I've got a brain tumor and accept the surgical work of the brain surgeon in order to be saved from the lethal effect of my brain tumor. Does believing the truth about myself, about my brain, and trusting in the brain surgeon to remove it save me, though? No. If I don't submit myself to the brain operation necessary to my salvation, I will die. No amount of believing I have a cancerous brain tumor will keep me from being killed by it. No depth of trust in the brain surgeon to remove my tumor will eliminate it. Only if I lie upon an operating table and receive the surgical work of the surgeon will I be saved from my death-dealing tumor. And I can't aid the surgeon in his life-saving work; he alone does what is necessary to free me from my tumor. Without the surgeon, I could lie upon the table for hours, or days, or weeks and not be delivered from my tumor. So, then, I am not my own savior; my willingness to believe I am deathly sick and to accept the life-saving work of the brain surgeon do not save me. Only the hands and skill of the surgeon can rescue me from death.
Sense all things that are seen are temporary and the things unseen are eternal. I BEG TO DIFFER. WHEN ONE BELIEVES UPON CHRIST. THEY ARE KEEPING THE COMMAND To believe upon the one that God has sent.
Therefore one can obey from the heart.
as Scripture says. I am glad you obeyed from the heart that which was delivered to you.

Romans 6:17 But thanks be to God that, although ye were the servants of sin, nevertheless ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine that was delivered unto you; or, that mould of teaching into which ye were cast."

Man looks at the outter appearance God looks at the heart.

In the same way, I must believe the truth of the Gospel that I am desperately sin-sick and will die an eternal second death in hell if I am not made well. I must also be willing to submit to the saving work of the Great Physician, trusting in his salvation of me accomplished on the cross of Calvary. Neither my belief in my sin-sickness, nor my trust in the Great Physician, save me, however; they just bring me to the place where I receive salvation. I can believe with all my strength that I am deeply sin-sick and need healing and trust that the Great Physician, Jesus Christ, can remove the "tumor" of my sin, but if he doesn't save me, if he doesn't perform his saving work upon me, making me a new creature in himself, I will remain sin-sick and headed for hell. To his work, to the removal of my "sin-tumor," I can contribute nothing. Not one thing. I can only receive from the Savior my salvation, as a gift, undeserved and utterly, perfectly complete. There is only one Savior. (John 3:16; John14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5; Titus 3:5-8)

Are they not saved?
If something is truly not possible then it’s not required but if it is readily available and rejected that’s another matter

Your talking ordinary means verses extraordinary means

Faith and baptism are the required ordinary means Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5

primary is what I meant. POINT IS I HOPE YOU SEE THAT God can bless anyway he wants. And stay away from formulas. Because in your judging how will anyone come to you to drink?
Well without water.

Sense all things that are seen are temporary and the things unseen are eternal. I BEG TO DIFFER. WHEN ONE BELIEVES UPON CHRIST. THEY ARE KEEPING THE COMMAND To believe upon the one that God has sent.
as Scripture says. I am glad you obeyed from the heart that which was delivered to you.

Romans 6:17 But thanks be to God that, although ye were the servants of sin, nevertheless ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine that was delivered unto you; or, that mould of teaching into which ye were cast."

Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

primary is what I meant. POINT IS I HOPE YOU SEE THAT God can bless anyway he wants. And stay away from formulas. Because in your judging how will anyone come to you to drink?
Well without water.
God has no limits
But if you reject the ordinary means don’t count on the extraordinary

Jn 3:5 what’s the water for?

Sense all things that are seen are temporary and the things unseen are eternal. I BEG TO DIFFER.

I don't know what this means... What does the "things unseen are eternal" stuff have to do with your begging to differ with my analogy? And anyway, you've not actually interacted with what I wrote but simply disagreed with it in an entirely dismissive way. This isn't the conduct of a thoughtful person.

WHEN ONE BELIEVES UPON CHRIST. THEY ARE KEEPING THE COMMAND To believe upon the one that God has sent.

What difference does any of this make to what I wrote? As far as I can tell, nothing you put forward here rebuts or denies anything that I wrote in my last post.

As my last post explained, there are no co-saviors with Christ. We do not, and cannot, save ourselves. When we come to Christ for salvation, we come as those profoundly weak, stained by sin, and bound under the power of the World, the Flesh and the devil.

Romans 5:6-9
6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die.
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

Titus 3:3-6
3 For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.
4 But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,
5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
6 whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

Colossians 1:13-14
13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Ephesians 2:1-5
1 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

And so on. Our obedience to God's command to be saved doesn't save us. Only Christ, through his redemptive work on the cross, saves us. We don't - and cannot - do anything to contribute to Christ's Atonement. There is only one Savior.

Back