Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Works for Salvation: Humility

Why do you say " Then you don't believe Jesus is "the way"?
Of course Jesus is the way.

You and your Formula-
Peace Out!
You said scripture must be in context! What’s the context for Jesus is the way? There’s only two words in the whole Bible that say so?

Mark 16:16 The requirements for those who are being saved cannot be undone by the requirements for those not being saved! He who believes and is baptized is still required for salvation? Heaven and earth may pass away but my words shall not pass away!

It is Reasonable that if one rejects faith why bother mentioning the second requirement?

So don’t negate the word of God or the eternal words of Jesus by trying to delete one verse with another.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Put on Christ by baptism gal 3:27

Why is baptism included with the savior and the faith? Eph 4:5

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Should it say: one Lord and faith alone???

Why is baptism included with the savior and the faith? Eph 4:5

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Should it say: one Lord and faith alone???
Are you reading into scriptures through your box again

The faith of Jesus is God, God is in Controll, obedience to God.
And what does the scriptures say, and not what you dictate out of your formula is this:And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Does this say : Everyone who believeth on him that is baptized with water? Does it?

it is one faith alone, God, the faith of Jesus is God. God is God

I am that I am

HE IS PREDICATED OFF his own existence.

God is God, no one else. You play God when you speak from your doctrine: if you are not Baptized you are not saved.

No

I don’t have a problem with true doctrine!
It's when you believe you must be water baptize to be saved.
For if you believe that then you also believe if a person is not baptized in water they are not saved.

Give proof that if you are not water baptized you are not saved.
Type out the words of the scripture that say that.

What I know is
It's impossible to please God without faith

So question:
If a person walks by the Spirit even if they have not been water baptized are you saying that Jesus's blood does not cleanse them from all unrighteousness?

sorry but you will have to type out the actual scriptures so we can read them. Because I see you have a habit of not seeing many in context.

And why? Because you are still stuck in your doctrine.
that " if you are not water baptized you are not saved"
Therefore you read into some scripture what they are not saying. Like having a puzzle piece and trying to force it where it does not fit.

You can't help to see scriptures from your box of doctrine.
faith and "baptism" as in water
Mark 16:16 New International Version 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
This does not say who ever is not baptized is mot saved but "the one who believes not."
For a person can get baptized in water and still not believe.

John 3:5 KJV: Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

This is not talking about water baptism. As already shown to you. Read the context.
Acts 2:38 King James Version 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Did Peter say that was the only way to receive the Holy Ghost? CAN ONE WHO CALLS UP ON THE NAME OF THE LORD ALSO BE SAVED?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? Arise and be baptized and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5

So here the washing of regeneration is the New birth Born with New life from above. The second comes by faith towards God. And Yes to believe God you have the faith of Jesus. The belief that acts. And in many cases it may have been water baptism. But it's the faith of Jesus that saves.

But what scripture says is this: Hebrews 11:6 King James Version 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

What is doesn't say is without water baptism its impossible to please Him.
You don't think God knows that men are confused with water Baptism? God does not have to wait until we understand everything to bless someone, for His kingdom, without all I could say about it, is where what God wants done is done.

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Hebrews 6

So this is how one was to learn, and even how we who weren't there in their time come to understand the basic teachings. There I believe God used what was of their culture to teach them. But it's true, how can one move on if they have yet to understand the basic teachings.
Again, the primary baptism is to be immersed in reality God's presence. The so called : great commission .

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ 1Peter 3
Amen Thank you God
Its coming through the storms of life:
What I mean by that is As Noah was saved through the water He is quicken, renewed, or regenerated. Another words one has to die to live. God has got your back. As Jesus "being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:"

Therefore obedience to God is key, the faith that works through love. The faith of Christ.

Water Baptism is a way to teach "the principles of the doctrine of Christ"

So again Salvation is Life - to know the only true God and Jesus Christ.....

Life in His presence
The Answer of a clear conscience before God is
Literally dying to the flesh it comes by the intentions of the heart. Therefore water baptism as said earlier a committment to a particular teaching. The true doctrine of Christ. In order to live one must die. And from that others eat you, you are the fruit in Christ; attached to the vine, co- laborers with Christ.

Thank you God for that!

YOUR DOCTRINE RESULTS IN LEGALISM WHICH MAY KILL "WHICH IS IF YOU ARE NOT BAPTIZED YOU ARE NOT SAVED"

wondering - I Explain some here of what I was going to respond to but never took the time.
No problem Corinth.
I think I even owe you some posts...

Are you reading into scriptures through your box again

The faith of Jesus is God, God is in Controll, obedience to God.
And what does the scriptures say, and not what you dictate out of your formula is this:And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Does this say : Everyone who believeth on him that is baptized with water? Does it?

it is one faith alone, God, the faith of Jesus is God. God is God

I am that I am

HE IS PREDICATED OFF his own existence.

God is God, no one else. You play God when you speak from your doctrine: if you are not Baptized you are not saved.
donadams -Basically you are claiming that everyone including my spouse who has not been baptized and I who have, but nothing happened at my water baptism, are not saved when the kingdom is righteousness, peace, and Joy in the Holy Ghost. Who lives in peace. Who has never been convinced in their heart.

But I say to you, according to this Romans passage don't get caught playing God.

One way God is the same is because God not only looks at the heart, But as He told the woman that believed if she could touch the hem of His garment, it was her faith that made her whole.

It's not your zealousness in telling people to follow that is the issue but your formula that is wrong.

Scripture says those who do not believe are condemn. You are adding to scripture when you say those who do not have faith and are not baptized in water are not saved.

For example If my children get in bed and clap off the light.
And I say those who Get in the bed and turn off the light will have a good night sleep, but those who do not get in bed will be 😫 tired.

Why did I leave out. "clap off the light" because they can still get rest with the light on. But what usually occurs is that the lights gets turned off at bed time.

point being its impossible to please God without Faith.
And there are different acts that come along side/with faith.
Again the scripture does not say its impossible to please God without water baptism. For He is the one that brings it about.

Look at those in the Old that walked in faith. The Primary Baptism is the Reality of God's presence with us.
And in 1 Peter 3 passage we see Jesus quickened
A note about signs:

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a
good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

This is something I did not see before that both by and which are prepositions referring back to Jesus being quickened by the Spirit.

That makes the actual baptism life from the Spirit " by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
We are given the Spirit that now brings us to God, therefore there is the cleansing of the conscience and the Baptism that saves.

It's definitely life that gives me a good conscience before God.
For God is not the God of the dead but the living.

And where does life come from?
Therefore salvation is an everyday life we receive from God as we live by the Spirit.

So what its saying from the previous scriptures before is : Happy are we who suffer for what is right for Christ also.......read on .....they receive a blessing

Reference: "if any man be in Christ..."Now this makes sense, because it is the quickening of the Spirit that gives you a fresh kick off start. Peace with God.

So I'm going to take a jump here and say

This Baptism is ongoing contrasted with the ritual Baptisms It is for continual life with God. Reference: if we walk in the light we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all righteousness.

So one, Baptism is for our life now on earth to be delivered from the wrath of man.

The one Baptism is the quickening Spirit..amen!
Do yo see we have fellowship with each other. Unity with the body (members)of Christ by one Spirit.
wondering

Last edited:
donadams -Basically you are claiming that everyone including my spouse who has not been baptized and I who have, but nothing happened at my water baptism, are not saved when the kingdom is righteousness, peace, and Joy in the Holy Ghost. Who lives in peace. Who has never been convinced in their heart.

But I say to you, according to this Romans passage don't get caught playing God.

One way God is the same is because God not only looks at the heart, But as He told the woman that believed if she could touch the hem of His garment, it was her faith that made her whole.

It's not your zealousness in telling people to follow that is the issue but your formula that is wrong.

Scripture says those who do not believe are condemn. You are adding to scripture when you say those who do not have faith and are not baptized in water are not saved.

And I say those who Get in the bed and turn off the light will have a good night sleep, but those who do not get in bed will be 😫 tired.

Why did I leave out. "clap off the light" because they can still get rest with the light on. But what usually occurs is that the lights gets turned off at bed time.

Again the scripture does not say its impossible to please God without water baptism. For He is the one that brings it about.

Look at those in the Old that walked in faith. The Primary Baptism is the Reality of God's presence with us.
A note about signs:

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

This is something I did not see before that both by and which are prepositions referring back to Jesus being quickened by the Spirit.

That makes the actual baptism life from the Spirit " by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
We are given the Spirit that now brings us to God, therefore there is the cleansing of the conscience and the Baptism that saves.

Therefore salvation is an everyday life we receive from God as we live by the Spirit.

So what its saying from the previous scriptures before is : Happy are we who suffer for what is right for Christ also.......read on .....they receive a blessing

Reference: "if any man be in Christ..."Now this makes sense, because it is the quickening of the Spirit that gives you a fresh kick off start. Peace with God.

This Baptism is ongoing compared with the ritual Baptisms It is for continual life with God. Reference: if we walk in the light we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all righteousness.

Do yo see we have fellowship with each other. Unity with the body (members)of Christ by one Spirit.
wondering
One Lord = God
One Faith =God
One Baptism =God
One Father=God

God is God predicated on His own being
The first and last
The beginning and end

God is Spirit and must be worshipped in Spirit and in thruth.
Sanctify them with the truth thy word is truth.

Everything is created through the word.
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD John 1

Last edited:

A note about signs:

This Baptism is ongoing compared with the ritual Baptisms It is for continual life with God. Reference: if we walk in the light we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all righteousness.

wondering
Thank you Lord for this....look at God

If One verse is not context, how can two words or a partial verse be context?

A note about signs:

This Baptism is ongoing contrasted with the ritual Baptisms It is for continual life with God. Reference: if we walk in the light we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all righteousness.

So one, Baptism is for our life now on earth to be delivered from the wrath of man.

wondering
We need faith and grace and the spirit but don’t reject the washing with water ez 36:25-27 washing with water, new heart, and the spirit
Christian baptism included fire, love of God to go in a new heart by the spirit rom 5:5

One Lord = God
One Faith =God
One Baptism =God
One Father=God

God is God predicated on His own being
The first and last
The beginning and end

God is Spirit and must be worshipped in Spirit and in thruth.
Sanctify them with the truth thy word is truth.

Everything is created through the word.
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD John 1
Does not answer eph 4:5

Does not answer eph 4:5
Does for Me:

HEBREWS 3
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

We need faith and grace and the spirit but don’t reject the washing with water ez 36:25-27 washing with water, new heart, and the spirit
Christian baptism included fire, love of God to go in a new heart by the spirit rom 5:5
Prove to yourself I got my answer. FOR I know you have to stick within your box. Thats why you parrot the same thing without trying to humble yourself and be open to the truth. In your mind- IF YOU DONT BELIEVE YOUR DOCTRINE TO BE TRUE YOU WON'T BE SAVED. That's why you keep parroting the same thing. But let those who have an ear hear.

Do you see how you have trusted in a formula. Believe on Jesus Christ. He is the way. Not your doctrine of "everyone that is not baptized in water is not saved." Your doctrine starts with legalism and ends with legalism.

Come out of babylon

Prove to yourself I got my answer. FOR I know you have to stick within your box. Thats why you parrot the same thing without trying to humble yourself and be open to the truth. In your mind- IF YOU DONT BELIEVE YOUR DOCTRINE TO BE TRUE YOU WON'T BE SAVED. That's why you keep parroting the same thing. But let those who have an ear hear.

Do you see how you have trusted in a formula. Believe on Jesus Christ. He is the way. Not your doctrine of "everyone that is not baptized in water is not saved." Your doctrine starts with legalism and ends with legalism.

Come out of babylon
Its one thing to believe that a person should take part in baptism-
But it's another thing to judge that everyone who is not baptized will not be saved.

That's adding to scripture
donadams

Plus this is what scripture says:
Let every man be convinced in his own heart

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Not following
If one verse is not context how can two words be context?
You don’t believe unless it’s in context
Do you must not believe Jesus is the way?

Or let’s just believe scripture even one word!
All scripture is inspired even one word

Does for Me:

HEBREWS 3
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Same argument as Jn 3:16 but baptism is part of what we must believe

Back