Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Works for Salvation: Humility

Does for Me:

HEBREWS 3
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Prove to yourself I got my answer. FOR I know you have to stick within your box. Thats why you parrot the same thing without trying to humble yourself and be open to the truth. In your mind- IF YOU DONT BELIEVE YOUR DOCTRINE TO BE TRUE YOU WON'T BE SAVED. That's why you keep parroting the same thing. But let those who have an ear hear.

Do you see how you have trusted in a formula. Believe on Jesus Christ. He is the way. Not your doctrine of "everyone that is not baptized in water is not saved." Your doctrine starts with legalism and ends with legalism.

Come out of babylon
I actually believe Jesus Christ Mk 16;16 you?

Gal 3:27 how do we put on christ

Col 2:12

Prove to yourself I got my answer. FOR I know you have to stick within your box. Thats why you parrot the same thing without trying to humble yourself and be open to the truth. In your mind- IF YOU DONT BELIEVE YOUR DOCTRINE TO BE TRUE YOU WON'T BE SAVED. That's why you keep parroting the same thing. But let those who have an ear hear.

Do you see how you have trusted in a formula. Believe on Jesus Christ. He is the way. Not your doctrine of "everyone that is not baptized in water is not saved." Your doctrine starts with legalism and ends with legalism.

Come out of babylon
Jesus Christ only savior, the way, the truth, the life: Jn 14:6
Apostles:
Scripture:
Dogma:
Creeds:
Church councils:
Church fathers:
All say baptism is the required initiation for the new covenant!

Heretics say no! “Faith alone”!

Scripture that opposes “Faith alone”!

Mk 16:16 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 water & the spirit
Jn 15:4 abide in Christ
acts 2:38-39 repentance & baptism
acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
acts 22:16 name of the Lord & baptism
rom 10:10 faith & confession
1 cor 13:2 faith & charity
1 cor 13:13 faith, hope, & charity
1 cor 16:22 love of Jesus Christ
Rom 8:17 faith and suffering
2 Timothy 2:12
1 thes 1:3 faith, love, patience / 2 thes 1:4 / 1 Tim 6:11 /
Col 1:24 sufferings
Philemon 1:5 love and faith
Phil 1:29 called to suffer not faith alone
Titus 2:2 faith, love, patience
James 2:24 faith & works
Heb 6:12 faith & patience / rev 13:10
Rev 2:19 works, charity, service, faith, patience
Rev 12:17 testimony of Jesus & commandments
Rev 2:19 & rev 13:10 & Rev 14:12 commandments & patience
Three things are eternal! 1 cor 13:13

Faith, Hope, & Charity!

Thanks

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
John
34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Jesus -pure water

Jesus Christ only savior, the way, the truth, the life: Jn 14:6
Apostles:
Scripture:
Dogma:
Creeds:
Church councils:
Church fathers:
All say baptism is the required initiation for the new covenant!

Heretics say no! “Faith alone”!

Scripture that opposes “Faith alone”!

Mk 16:16 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 water & the spirit
Jn 15:4 abide in Christ
acts 2:38-39 repentance & baptism
acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
acts 22:16 name of the Lord & baptism
rom 10:10 faith & confession
1 cor 13:2 faith & charity
1 cor 13:13 faith, hope, & charity
1 cor 16:22 love of Jesus Christ
Rom 8:17 faith and suffering
1 thes 1:3 faith, love, patience / 2 thes 1:4 / 1 Tim 6:11 /
Col 1:24 sufferings
Philemon 1:5 love and faith
Phil 1:29 called to suffer not faith alone
Titus 2:2 faith, love, patience
James 2:24 faith & works
Heb 6:12 faith & patience / rev 13:10
Rev 2:19 works, charity, service, faith, patience
Rev 12:17 testimony of Jesus & commandments
Rev 2:19 & rev 13:10 & Rev 14:12 commandments & patience
Three things are eternal! 1 cor 13:13

Faith, Hope, & Charity!

Thanks
Parroting..

John
34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Jesus -pure water
The merits of the blood of Christ must be applied to our souls to be in the new covenant of grace!

Me too baptized by being quickened by God through faith.
Like the women who touched the hem of His garment. Her faith made her whole.
John prepared the way by “water baptism”!
Jesus says “water baptism” Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 apostles say “water baptism” acts 2:38-39 acts 22:16 1 pet 3:20-21 God says “water baptism” ez 36:25-27
Jn 3:22 they immediately went to the river (water) and they baptized!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as your savior”, they went to the river (water) and baptized

If apostle preached faith alone why does the eunuch ask for baptism?
How would he even know about baptism? Acts8

John prepared the way by “water baptism”!
Jesus says “water baptism” Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 apostles say “water baptism” acts 2:38-39 acts 22:16 1 pet 3:20-21 God says “water baptism” ez 36:25-27
Jn 3:22 they immediately went to the river (water) and they baptized!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as your savior”, they went to the river (water) and baptized

If apostle preached faith alone why does the eunuch ask for baptism?
How would he even know about baptism? Acts8
It's Christ's faith alone in God
God is God

As for Gal 3:27
In Gal 2 who baptizes into Christ man or by spirit
Did God go to Egypt and free the children of Israel?
Scripture says yes!
By His servant Moses ex 3:8

God says I baptize you, by His servants the apostles ez 36:25

Faith and baptism
Water and the spirit Jn 3:5

Did God go to Egypt and free the children of Israel?
Scripture says yes!
By His servant Moses ex 3:8

God says I baptize you, by His servants the apostles ez 36:25

Faith and baptism
Water and the spirit Jn 3:5
Believe on Jesus, and you will understand the difference

But grace s administered by the apostolic church

Jn 3:5
cannot enter the kingdom on your own.

John 3:5
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Where does this verse indicate that "grace is administered by the apostolic church"? Nowhere.

2 pet 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:5-11
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he who lacks these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and has forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if you do these things, you shall never fall:
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Where does Peter indicate in this passage that "grace is administered by the apostolic church"? Again, nowhere. Instead, Peter says that entrance into God's kingdom is "ministered unto" a person by their attending carefully to a lifestyle that reflects their "calling and election." The "apostolic church" is not mentioned by Peter here at all.

2 Corinthians 8:19
And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

2 Corinthians 8:16-19
16 But thanks be to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of Titus for you.
17 For indeed he accepted the exhortation; but being more forward, of his own accord he went unto you.
18 And we have sent with him the brother, whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches;
19 And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

What is the "grace" that is in view in Paul's words in the passage above? Is it some special, supernatural dispensation unique to the apostles of the Early Church? No. By "this grace," Paul meant the Gospel (verse 18; Acts 20:28). They administered the grace of the Gospel to the glory of God, the same Gospel of Grace any and all Christians may share.

Salvation is not a only doctrine a doctrine to be believed, but a sacrifice / atonement, giving grace and union (by faith and baptism / water and the spirit) with the person of Christ the mediator, members of Christ! Must be in Christ born again by faith and baptism, Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 united to God and His communion of saints thru Christ the mediator and the grace of God!

Truth and error mixed together. Yikes! Someone else I know of likes to do this sort of mixing... (See: Matthew 4:4-11)

Salvation:
Is for those who are faithful and die in the grace of God united to Christ and in his saints at death enter into eternal salvation! Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13

This is the heresy of works-salvation. It makes the impotent, finite sinner a co-Savior with the perfect, infinite Jesus Christ, the one and only Savior. See: Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5-7 and 2 Timothy 1:9. See: John 14:6, Acts 4;12 and 1 Timothy 2:5.

Glorification:

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Romans 8:16-23
16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Those who are truly born-again will seek the will of God and in so doing encounter suffering. Their willingness to bear this suffering testifies to their being "joint-heirs with Christ," indwelt by the Holy Spirit and under his control. Those of whom this is true will reap the reward: being glorified with Christ. The point of Paul's words here isn't to teach that suffering for Christ is the means whereby salvation is obtained, however. Rather, such suffering and the willingness to bear it merely show that one is actually saved (as opposed to might be saved at the Final Judgment).

As is so often the case in what you post, you've thrown out prooftexts that, in context, don't establish your assertions. Perhaps this is why you post such long lists of verses, hoping folks won't work through all your offered prooftexts for themselves and discover your errors, but, impressed by your long lists of verses, will assume you must have the right of things. I hope, reading this post, that such an assumption is now well-discouraged.

Believe on Jesus, and you will understand the difference
Does believing in Jesus include believing Jesus? Explicitly says those being saved must have faith and baptism Mk 16:16

It’s not a Bible study it’s a covenant and outward sign is required, Abraham believed but was required to submit to circumcision!

We believe and are required to submit to baptism

You seem to have forgotten the thief on the cross, was he baptized?

If you believe faith alone
Is one itsy bitsy teeny weeny tiny act of faith enough?

Do you think your saved the first moment you believed?

Thanks

John 3:5
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Where does this verse indicate that "grace is administered by the apostolic church"? Nowhere.

2 Peter 1:5-11
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he who lacks these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and has forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if you do these things, you shall never fall:
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Where does Peter indicate in this passage that "grace is administered by the apostolic church"? Again, nowhere. Instead, Peter says that entrance into God's kingdom is "ministered unto" a person by their attending carefully to a lifestyle that reflects their "calling and election." The "apostolic church" is not mentioned by Peter here at all.

2 Corinthians 8:16-19
16 But thanks be to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of Titus for you.
17 For indeed he accepted the exhortation; but being more forward, of his own accord he went unto you.
18 And we have sent with him the brother, whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches;
19 And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

What is the "grace" that is in view in Paul's words in the passage above? Is it some special, supernatural dispensation unique to the apostles of the Early Church? No. By "this grace," Paul meant the Gospel (verse 18; Acts 20:28). They administered the grace of the Gospel to the glory of God, the same Gospel of Grace any and all Christians may share.

Truth and error mixed together. Yikes! Someone else I know of likes to do this sort of mixing... (See: Matthew 4:4-11)

This is the heresy of works-salvation. It makes the impotent, finite sinner a co-Savior with the perfect, infinite Jesus Christ, the one and only Savior. See: Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5-7 and 2 Timothy 1:9. See: John 14:6, Acts 4;12 and 1 Timothy 2:5.

Romans 8:16-23
16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Those who are truly born-again will seek the will of God and in so doing encounter suffering. Their willingness to bear this suffering testifies to their being "joint-heirs with Christ," indwelt by the Holy Spirit and under his control. Those of whom this is true will reap the reward: being glorified with Christ. The point of Paul's words here isn't to teach that suffering for Christ is the means whereby salvation is obtained, however. Rather, such suffering and the willingness to bear it merely show that one is actually saved (as opposed to might be saved at the Final Judgment).

As is so often the case in what you post, you've thrown out prooftexts that, in context, don't establish your assertions. Perhaps this is why you post such long lists of verses, hoping folks won't work through all your offered prooftexts for themselves and discover your errors, but, impressed by your long lists of verses, will assume you must have the right of things. I hope, reading this post, that such an assumption is now well-discouraged.
How much text is required to have context? One verse? One chapter? One book? Your idea of the cannon?

Does believing in Jesus include believing Jesus? Explicitly says those being saved must have faith and baptism Mk 16:16

It’s not a Bible study it’s a covenant and outward sign is required, Abraham believed but was required to submit to circumcision!

We believe and are required to submit to baptism

You seem to have forgotten the thief on the cross, was he baptized?

If you believe faith alone
Is one itsy bitsy teeny weeny tiny act of faith enough?

Do you think your saved the first moment you believed?

Thanks
You don't need to asked question, you need to trust Jesus.

YOU NEED THE FOUNDATION FIRST. THEN YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.

PLUS YOU PUT SCRIPTURES OUT THERE AND NONE OF THEM NEVER MEAN WHAT YOU WRITE BESIDE THEM.

COME OUT OF BABYLON

Back