Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Works for Salvation: Humility

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

To say everyone that is water Baptize is saved too, would be incorrect. Especially if they are trusting in Water and not the God that can sanctify the water.
The procession of salvation not saved, faith alone avails nothing 1 cor 13:2
1 cir 13:13 three things not faith alone

Redemption:
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part. All mankind is redeemed.
Lk 2:11 Jn 1:29 rm 5:8 1 pet 1:21-23
God gives all men sufficient truth and grace for salvation.

Justification:
then if we accept His redemption we are justified, born again by faith and baptism. Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 8:36 Titus 3:5 1 pet 3:21

Sanctification:
Members of Christ and his church by grace we practice good works (prayer, alms, fasting, virtues charity, suffering other sacraments etc. until death. Phil 1:29

Salvation:
Is for those who are faithful and die in the grace of God united to Christ and in his saints at death enter into eternal salvation! Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) Jn 3:5 zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Jn 15:4 abide in Christ Matt 3:16 believes (present tense) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

Glorification:

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

At the hour of death separation from the grace of God by apostasy / rejection of Christ or failing to repent of serious sin a man is lost in damnation!

Redemption:
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part. All mankind is redeemed.

Justification:
then if we accept His redemption we are justified, born again by faith and baptism. Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 8:36 Titus 3:5 1 pet 3:21

Sanctification:
Members of Christ and his church by grace we practice good works (prayer, alms, fasting, virtues charity, suffering other sacraments etc. until death. Phil 1:29

Salvation:
Is for those who are faithful and die in the grace of God united to Christ and in his saints at death enter into eternal salvation! Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) Jn 3:5 zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Jn 15:4 abide in Christ Matt 3:16 believes (present tense) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

Glorification:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

At the hour of death separation from the grace of God by apostasy / rejection of Christ or failing to repent of serious sin a man is lost in damnation!
No idea what you are going on about.

You must have some special revelation from God.

Redemption:

Justification:

Sanctification:

Salvation:

(Salvation)

Glorification:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
What happened to being instructed by the apostolic church?

Christians must be taught or instructed, according to the sense which the perpetual consent of the Catholic Church hath held and expressed, as commanded by Christ! Matt 28:19-20 acts 1:2

Lk 1:4
Matt 28:19
Lk 10:16
Jn 20:21
Acts 8:31
Titus 1:9
Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs! “One faith” Eph 4:5 Thee faith once handed to the saints” Jude 1:3

What happened to being instructed by the apostolic church?

Christians must be taught or instructed, according to the sense which the perpetual consent of the Catholic Church hath held and expressed, as commanded by Christ! Matt 28:19-20 acts 1:2

Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs! “One faith” Eph 4:5 Thee faith once handed to the saints” Jude 1:3
Catholic Church?

They have nothing to do with true Christianity.

You answered my question, with a question.
Sorry a bad habit
I take off my humble hat to you
Yes I have studied salvation
But it’s a matter of being taught by the authority of Christ in His apostolic church and not study

Members of the communion of saints must submit to the teaching of the apostles the light of the world and the pillar of truth! Matt 5:14 1 Tim 3:15

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Who is your bishop?
I was raised RCC, went to Catholic school was a alter boy. Never believed any of it back then.

The Lord opened my eyes to all that heretical teaching, I am a Christian, I have no bishop, I answer to the Lord Jesus Christ.

I was raised RCC, went to Catholic school was a alter boy. Never believed any of it back then.

The Lord opened my eyes to all that heretical teaching, I am a Christian, I have no bishop, I answer to the Lord Jesus Christ.
That’s strange if you really know scripture?

Lk 10:16 or Jn 13:20 for example
Don’t read heb 13:7-17

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (apostles) who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles) and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

That’s strange if you really know scripture?

Lk 10:16 or Jn 13:20 for example
Don’t read heb 13:7-17

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (apostles) who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles) and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!
I understand what you are saying.

I am seeking a church home, there is a lot of crazy false doctrine out there.

I miss and need my fellowship with Christians.

Another way to think of it is this:
You can’t have Christ apart from His church!

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5 1 cor 13:12

Thanks

Respectfully, I spent a lot of time in detail writing on this.
Please refer back to earlier post where I may have went into more details if you wish.

Hi Corinth,
I'm sorry the reply to your post is so late in coming.
I read it with much interest.

My question was why you think that Jesus made a point of stating that baptism was necessary, or, at least,
that we should be baptized, in the NT. Of course Jesus didn't speak in "shoulds",,, so perhaps I used the wrong word there.

One, we are coming off from under and Old stytem to being Govern by the new.
I don't believe you're saying that baptism was practiced in the OT.
I think you mean from the sacrificial system to the new system under Jesus' teachings or the New Covenant.

These are Elementary teachings repentence from dead works- Faith toward God
But didn't persons also have to repent in the OT?
And was salvation always by faith in God?

Two, it's a ceremony of initiation into the body of believers under one Spirit.
I think it's more, but I agree.
I believe when John said that the one coming after him would baptize with fire and the Holy Spirit it means that at baptism we receive the Holy Spirit in an indwelling way. I believe this is one of the differences between the Mosaic Covenant and the New Covenant.

Three, It reveals God's Spirit in many through miricles of the Holy Spirit coming upon us that fulfills prophecy. And Usually when you see miracles we know the kingdom is coming or it shows prophecy being fullfilled. It shows to the next generations coming what took place. Where one can't necessarily see spiritual things or know they have taken place outward signs represent that, what is inward.
Agreed.

Four, It contrast the Baptisms (ritual washings) that was under the law with the Baptism that saves us now. 1 peter 3.
What I found the contrast to be is the Holy Spirit coming upon those that believed Jesus and received the Spirit of God.
Agreed.

Five, It helps to teach through the initiation by showing symbolically how we are to present our bodies dead, and alive to Christ.
Right. I never heard it said like this before,,,,I like how you worded it.

It's always God who delivers, and He can deliver us in any act of faith.
As we know Jesus delivered many, casting out deamons, the woman with the issue of blood, lame etc when they exercised faith.
It shows the other members (Jews)that all are accepted as brothers having received the Spirit in the same way they had, through faith. Because the Holy Spirit gave them the same sign.

Good. Agreed.
We are One Church, One Body of Christ.
There is no gentile or Jew...

If no one seeks after God, from my view of that scripture, no one acts until they are born of the Spirit. To me our born attribute of belief, is not the same as being given the gift of the faith of Christ. But that is the place where God meets us, in our belief towards His son.
Could you expound on this?
What do you mean by NO ONE ACTS.
What is our BORN ATTRIBUTE OF BELIEF.
When we come to believe, aren't we given the free gift of faith?

I saw where you said I was reformed, yet I don't know what they believe. Just speaking from the scriptures I know about. And there is slways a chance I could be wrong but that's my understanding from the scriptures I know.

So far so good.

As this one: being dead in trespasses and sin that we were quickened together with Christ. "By grace are we saved through faith", whose faith? But this is not of ourselves but a gift of God, not by ,(my words added>) any works of righteousness in our own abilty to earn or merit salvation that we have done, but a gift from God that we receive what God has revealed to us about His son when we believed; trusted in our hearts who His son is, Jesus the Son of the living God.

We agree on everything so far!

Upon this rock I will build my church.
Peter received knowledge from God who Jesus is. Peter is a piece of the rock. The receiving of Jesus with intent to follow is how we are born with new Life.
Right. I actually believe Peter is the rock.
This has come after many yeas of thinking this over and considering many aspects.
But that's another topic.

part 1 of 2

Corinth77777

part 2 of 2

But recall we are to evaluate ourselves to see if we are in the faith. Do you know that Jesus Christ is in you, otherwise we be reprobates, or failed the test.

So my outlook on that passage is you do not know what you have until you walk in it. As make your call and elect sure.
Another words faith that saves is a faith that acts. So my definition of the faith that saves is walking in what you say you believe.
This is the faith whereby Jesus went to the cross for us.
He could have believed but belief without His action would not have redeemed us.
Amen. A faith without works is a dead faith.
Faith requires action. The very idea of faith is that it leads us to action in some way.
(even in everyday life).

Therefore when I was water baptized I heard what you heard,
But it's when I truly walked in faith God forgave my sins and I knew it. So does that mean I should go get rebaptized?🤔
No I am not convicted in my heart because I understand.

You can only be baptized one time...
or, it's not real.
My brother went to a church that required him to be baptized in THAT church....He did.
But it's not a church/denomination that baptizes....it's God that does the baptizing.
So it's to be accepted by every church.

I had peace and joy which is part of what scripture says the kingdom is.
I did not get that because I was water baptized. But because I exercised faith later. Although it could have bern given at my Water Baptism if I had the knowledge I know now.
Also, I have peace now, just need to continue in His ❤️ Love.

People need to know what baptism means today, otherwise if their sins have yet to be forgiven. They may go in the water dirty and come out dirty.

Agreed. I understand why Catholics (and Lutherans and others) baptize babies - different topic - but I don't really agree with it. Adults should be baptized and then only when they understand what they're doing....otherwise it's worthless.

But here's the primary baptism that when one comes out of the water they are in the presence of the Holy trinity, true Reality of Life.Those who are present would have already been in the presence of God, and the one being baptized was surrounded by a community of believers.

If you go back and read How the red sea baptism was God was there. They were baptized into Moses? Why? because they followed his lead. Who was the 🪨 rock, what did the clouds and lightning signify? When they came through they had a new start and rejoiced.
So you're talking about preshadowing of baptism. This would then also include the flood and Jonah.

Therefore, however a person gets to life Im glad they got there.
And if someone came to believe through God in me, I'd tell them about what water baptism means to me. They would then have to decide first from their faith they receiced to make their commitment.

But one thing I must note is they asked Peter and the others what should "they do."

This one is different-

And Jesus's in the so called "Great Commission " in my view of scriptures said this I believe in.Matthew 28, and in Mark

16Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So how were they to baptize (or surrounded in the presence of God >my words)? Answer by teaching them to observe all the things I commanded you

So read Gal 2:16
And you will find they believed in Jesus in order to be justified by the faith of Jesus.
Meaning they were redeem back to God in order that they could have fellowship with Him by living according to the Spirt they received.

Redeemed back to God.
Good.
One of the Atonement Theories....
The Ransom Theory. Jesus bought us back after being sold to the devil in the Garden.

So it's about Life.... Jesus in 1 Peter 3 was quickened.
Eternal life is to know the Father and son that Jesus sent.
An intimate relationship.

The answer to my clear conscience is Life, and being in Christ living by His word, is what puts me in the presence of the one who is the source of all life.

For God is not the God of the dead but the living.
Great post!
Thanks.

Back