Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

Aramaic came into being centuries later so the original Hebrew cannot have had a dialect from a language that didn’t then exist.
Aramaic is very similar to Hebrew; change a few spelling and move the articular construct to before the word. Per the NT gospels, Jesus used Aramaic syntax when using Hebrew. "Aramaic" is not even mentioned in the NT.

Now if consider Greek to be Babylonian Syrian, then have the real Aramaic language, also having a different script.

Aramaic is very similar to Hebrew; change a few spelling and move the articular construct to before the word. Per the NT gospels, Jesus used Aramaic syntax when using Hebrew. "Aramaic" is not even mentioned in the NT.
Yes, Aramaic affected the Hebrew language although by the time of Jesus, even the Hebrew scriptures had been translated into Greek so the common man could read them. It’s just that the Hebrew Moses spoke was way before the Aramaic language.

Now if consider Greek to be Babylonian Syrian, then we have the real Aramaic language, also having a different script. Hellenic may have come from the Syro-Babylonians.

Yahshua said this about God.

John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God,...

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. John 17:3

Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:57-59

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
So when the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”
And he said, “Here I am.”
Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God…And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.’ ” Exodus 3:1-6,14

The Angel of the LORD spoke out of the burning bush to Moses.

Moses was afraid to look upon God.

The Angel of the LORD told Moses His Name was I AM.

Jesus said to the Jews I AM.

The Jews wanted to stone Him for that statement.

JLB

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. John 17:3

Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:57-59

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
So when the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”
Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God…And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.’ ” Exodus 3:1-6,14

JLB

Yahwah is the only True God, and it is He who grants life immortal.

Christ said:
John 17:3
"You" is Yahwah.

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
Yahwah is the only True God, and He is the one who grant life immortal.

Yahshua is a servant of God.
Scriptures of God and Disciples calling Christ, The Servant of God.

Servant Yahshua

Isaiah 42:1
Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.

Isaiah 49:6
he says: “It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”

Isaiah 52:13
See, my servant will act wisely; he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.

Zechariah 3:8
“‘Listen, High Priest of Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Yahshua. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.

Acts 3:26
When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.”

Acts 4:27
Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Yahshua, whom you anointed.

Acts 4:30
Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Yahshua.”

The phrase "I am" does not exist in Hebrew.

Last edited:
"You" is Yahwah.

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. John 17:1-5

YAHWAH is not mentioned.

God the Father, Heavenly Father is how Jesus instructed us to address God the Father.

Jesus is the name of the LORD; YHWH the LORD God.

JLB

JLB
Hmmmm Jesus didn’t say “I am YHWH,” now did he?

Jesus is the name of the LORD; YHWH the LORD God.

Jesus is the Name of the LORD!
We should be much more careful with the language we use in speaking of God as this is how Oneness speaks of God. Jesus is YHWH, but Jesus is not the name of YHWH. Jesus is the name of the second person of the Trinity only.

I am “he” not I am YWHW or “I am” not I am YHWH. It’s just not there and it’s strange people add that to the text.
He says, "I am," or "I Am." He is saying he is YWHW, which is the name of I Am (Exo 3:14-15).

Even John, who knew more than we do, said “the Word (not YHWH) was with God (not YHWH) and the Word was God (not YHWH.)
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (ESV)

John says that "the Word was with God," who is, at a minimum, the Father (who is YHWH), and "the Word was divine," which is to say he is in nature God, or in nature YHWH.

He says, "I am," or "I Am." He is saying he is YWHW, which is the name of I Am (Exo 3:14-15).

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (ESV)

John says that "the Word was with God," who is, at a minimum, the Father (who is YHWH), and "the Word was divine," which is to say he is in nature God, or in nature YHWH.
You are adding that. He did not use that word, not John and not Jesus.

YHWH….isn’t not there. Jesus spoke Aramaic and didn’t say it. Not once.
That he didn't say it, that we know of, is not relevant. My argument wasn't even that he said it. My argument is that he referred to himself as I Am, whose name is YHWH, as given in Exo 3:14-15. To claim the name I Am, as Jesus did, is the same as saying he is YHWH. Hence why the Jews wanted to stone him.

Why is it important to you?
Do you not think it is important that we understand Jesus's claims about himself, about who he claims he is? I do. It is central to everything.

Back