Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Abomination that makes Desolate, how do you see this as happening?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No, they killed Jesus first and the He divorced them during the time of great tribulation (revelation.) But yes, the children of the Lord among the gentiles are more than Israelis believers, true.

Jeremiah 3:8
And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

The bill of divorce came to Israel came many many years before Jesus.

Jeremiah 3:8
And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

The bill of divorce came to Israel came many many years before Jesus.
No, it was during the Revelation. God brought her back some time later. Jesus did not seem to think the covenant was over. He introduced a new covenant but the old was still active. God had brought her back to Israel shortly after Daniels' time under Ezra and Nehemiah I think. They were in fact rebuilding the city.

But what you say is not what Luke said, sir. That’s a mistake you are making, that you assume what you think is actually what they said.
Actually God said it through Luke Dot, I just copy/pasted it from a version of the Bible. Do you have a version of the Bible that renders it differently?

I have thought about it and my response to you was wrong. Please accept my apologies. You fairly answered the question I posed, which you rightly pointed out. Thank you for being kind and gracious in doing so. I did not deserve the kind response you gave.
Your last sentence above is a backhanded insult.. or maybe a typo.
I asked how your side deals with the that warning and you gave your answer. Fair enough. After reading that you are in Canada, I can agree that your county did completely give in to following one man. For those following the Covid Government responses, Canada is unique although one must say, the truckers protest was the one blemish on a record of complete submission. This was not the case in other countries but I can certainly see why you would draw the conclusions you did and I can see that as being reasonable in light of those events.
It is the case in other countries... Protests usually only occur when the other side is winning. Do you protest when you are getting your way?
So a protest is the very sign that a side is in danger.
So I thank you for answering the questions posed. I would caution against using "God can" followed by anything we happen to think of. I say this because this line of thinking will prevent a believer from coming to know the ways of God as Moses and all the other men who wrote the Bible did. That God can do anything precludes asking what actually does and what He does not do. The "anything" is always "anything I can imagine" making the man in charge and God the servant. It is not a good way to think.
Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

So you see God as not all powerful?
Moses thought God was limited?

Where do you get the flipped script of God being the servant and man the boss?
That is your heresy not mine.
I think God can surprise us and do what He wants in ways we could never imagine.
I feel my imagination is tiny in compared to what God is doing and I wait to see His unveiling of His plans.
How am I making God my servant?

I understand your position perfectly. That fact that you have to resort to saying God can do anything (you imagine) tells me that it is very unlikely otherwise. So I probably see it better than you do.
You haven't ask me to explain my position... so you are just assuming you know.
Why haven't they done so?
Ask them, not me. I am a Gentile.
Why haven't they done so? It has been over 80 years. Whole generation dead and gone.
Again... ask them.
Yes, I agree. Sad but true. But the whole world if grateful to Canada for Jordan Peterson. Thank you for that son of Canada!
So you are thankful for a non-believers role in the world? What makes that person any different?
No, my eschatology is to believe that Revelation is true as written and happened just as written. It would appear that your eschatology is to discredit the fulfilled and imagine instead, dictating to God, what he needs to do. Hop to it, God!
How am I dictating to God? He is the one who commissioned the book of Revelation.
And what is the problem with the people under the altar then if asking God to hurry up is a problem? Rev 6:9-10

No, it was during the Revelation. God brought her back some time later. Jesus did not seem to think the covenant was over. He introduced a new covenant but the old was still active. God had brought her back to Israel shortly after Daniels' time under Ezra and Nehemiah I think. They were in fact rebuilding the city.

I'm sorry, I thought you knew about the histories in the scriptures. Are you aware that the kingdom was divided? The 10 Northern tribes were referred to as Israel, and then there were the 2 southern tribes, Judah and Benjamin. The Lord's divorce from Israel came at the hands of the Assyrians, and the tribes of Israel were scattered to the four corners. This happened many years before the Southern Kingdom and Jerusalem were conquered by the Babylonians. God brought the tribes of Judah and Benjamin back after Daniels time, but the the northern tribes were no more, they remained scattered to the winds.

Jesus came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel to deliver to them the promises that were made to their fathers. He also came and proclaimed the judgement against Judah and Jerusalem.

No, they killed Jesus first and the He divorced them during the time of great tribulation (revelation.)

Where do you find this divorce mentioned in Revelation? In fact, the only place it is mentioned is in the verse I posted from Jeremiah. And secondly, why would the husband need to file for divorce if he were already dead? One does not file for divorce after they are dead. Maybe you should rethink your position on this one.

I'm sorry, I thought you knew about the histories in the scriptures.
This is fairly arrogant. You assume either everyone thinks as you do or they are ignorant. Never heard of “different opinions?”
Are you aware that the kingdom was divided?
The 10 Northern tribes were referred to as Israel, and then there were the 2 southern tribes, Judah and Benjamin. The Lord's divorce from Israel came at the hands of the Assyrians, and the tribes of Israel were scattered to the four corners.
Are you not aware that he brought them back? Are those promises unfamiliar to you?

Or do you think the “harlot” in Revelation was ancient Israel long ago divorced? You see, from your position the predictions in Revelation happened centuries before. Hummmm
This happened many years before the Southern Kingdom and Jerusalem were conquered by the Babylonians. God brought the tribes of Judah and Benjamin back after Daniels time, but the the northern tribes were no more, they remained scattered to the winds.

Jesus came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel to deliver to them the promises that were made to their fathers. He also came and proclaimed the judgement against Judah and Jerusalem.
So you think Israel was divorced at that point? Why did He promise to restore them? You don’t know those verses do you? Why did Jesus not go directly to everyone of Israel wasn’t still special? That makes no sense at all.
Where do you find this divorce mentioned in Revelation?
Ah, you’re not aware of the purpose of the events against the harlot? Who do you think the harlot is? What do you think the purpose of the whole matter was?
In fact, the only place it is mentioned is in the verse I posted from Jeremiah. And secondly, why would the husband need to file for divorce if he were already dead?
Neither party is dead. God isn’t dead (surprised I have to say that) and Israel wasn’t dead. So drop “dead.” A divorced person isn’t therefore dead.
One does not file for divorce after they are dead. Maybe you should rethink your position on this one.
Again with the dead. Can you show me where scriptures say God or Israel is dead?

You haven't ask me to explain my position... so you are just assuming you know.
You explained it. What do you think you’ve been doing?
Ask them, not me. I am a Gentile.

Again... ask them.
Then how can you think you know what they’d do? One minute you know for sure and next minute you don’t know at all.
So you are thankful for a non-believers role in the world? What makes that person any different?

How am I dictating to God? He is the one who commissioned the book of Revelation.
And what is the problem with the people under the altar then if asking God to hurry up is a problem? Rev 6:9-10
Yeah, sure. Whatever

Bye!
Tschüss!

Actually God said it through Luke Dot, I just copy/pasted it from a version of the Bible. Do you have a version of the Bible that renders it differently?
You said Luke wrote that the armies surrounding Israel IS what makes desolation. That is the abomination that makes desolate according to you in Luke, but he doesn’t say that or if so, where?

Now when the armies were surrounding Jerusalem, after they left, the Christians KNEW Mathew 24 prophesies were about to be fulfilled so they left Jerusalem.They knew when the time of great tribulation was coming, it was soon, so they did as Jesus advised. They were not futurists nor preterists but “presentists.”

You said Luke wrote that the armies surrounding Israel IS what makes desolation. That is the abomination that makes desolate according to you in Luke, but he doesn’t say that or if so, where?

Now when the armies were surrounding Jerusalem, after they left, the Christians KNEW Mathew 24 prophesies were about to be fulfilled so they left Jerusalem.They knew when the time of great tribulation was coming, it was soon, so they did as Jesus advised. They were not futurists nor preterists but “presentists.”
Now when the armies were surrounding Jerusalem, after they left, the Christians KNEW Mathew 24 prophesies were about to be fulfilled so they left Jerusalem
Exactly maam, Christs disciples recognized the sign, and they left just as Jesus had prophesied to them.

We believe however that prophecy will have a future fulfillment as well, as we believe those armies will attack God's people which will move God to send His forces.

This thread is about opinions and views of others and makes it the views of Preterist vs Futurist. Everyone needs to keep the ToS 1.1 and 1.3 in mind and start respecting each others views even if you disagree with each other. if this can not happen then this thread will be closed.

I am curious about this particular matter. For those who think this is in the future, how do you see it as playing out? Please don't fill the page with numerous scriptures. We all know the references in Daniel and Matthew. I am asking about how it is to be fulfilled, not where it is in scripture. So:

1. How can there be an abomination placed in the temple when there is no temple? Do you believe Israel will tear down the Dom of the rock and build a temple there? (This is very unlikely as the Muslims will not take that lying down.)

2. What kind of abomination could be placed there that is so bad, it causes the Jews (most of whom are actually atheists today*) to be desolate (a very deep depression.)

*only 30% of Jewish said they were religious in 2015...a very atheist country

Is there anything you have listed here that you believe is to difficult for God to accomplish ?
That is a yes or a no, by the way.
Please do not fill your answer with scriptures that we all know .
A simple yes or no is all that is needed to answer.

Is there anything you have listed here that you believe is to difficult for God to accomplish ?
The OP is a matter too evil for God to actually do Himself. He doesn’t say he does it in any case.

So is there anything too difficult for God? no. Is there anything too wrong for God to do? yes

When God tells us what He does, there are those who refuse this understanding and insist God is so big He can do anything we think up and nothing is too evil.

That is a yes or a no, by the way.
Please do not fill your answer with scriptures that we all know .
A simple yes or no is all that is needed to answer.
As you can see I didn’t. That is the trademark of others I won’t mention by name….pages and pages. As it is, He nevertheless knows about these activities being superior in mental abilities and other abilities.

The OP is a matter too evil for God to actually do Himself. He doesn’t say he does it in any case.

So is there anything too difficult for God? no. Is there anything too wrong for God to do? yes
I'll take that as yes.

BTW, God does not do it himself.
What you have swerved into, unaware apparently, is God taking the handcuffs off Satan, banishing him forever more from having access to the Throne of Heaven as our accuser, putting him on notice that the final clock is now ticking.
You are aware that Satan is in the presence of God today prosecuting & and accusing us for every stumble & fall ?

I'll take that as yes.
No, I explained it. Nothing is too difficult for God but sometimes people imagine activities too wrong for God. Or they imagine activities already done long ago. People might imagine sending the Messiah isn’t too difficult and it wasn’t. Problem is that that prophesy is already fulfilled.
BTW, God does not do it himself.
Good, we agree. He didn’t do it at all.
What you have swerved into, unaware apparently, is God taking the handcuffs off Satan, banishing him forever more from having access to the Throne of Heaven as our accuser, putting him on notice that the final clock is now ticking.
There’s no evidence this is true meaning handcuffs off or on.
You are aware that Satan is in the presence of God today prosecuting & and accusing us for every stumble & fall ?
He’s not. He’s accusing us of the wrong we do. He doesn’t care about “stumbles.” Might as well call it what it is. But he does accuse the brethren of the wrong they do, true. But where he is right now really isn’t our business. Jesus didn’t tell us to figure that one out.

Last edited:

Dorothy Mae
He’s not. He’s accusing us of the wrong we do. He doesn’t care about “stumbles.” Might as well call it what it is. But he does accuse the brethren of the wrong they do, true. But where he is right now really isn’t our business. Jesus didn’t tell us to figure that one out.

=====================================================================

Consecrated Life
Your statements could not be more nonsensical & contradictory .
If Satan is not in hell He has to be somewhere .
If Satan is not accusing us before God as you say , "He’s not" ( Dorothy Mae),
who is He accusing us to ?
And where the heck is He?
And if he is accusing us to God there is no place else he can do so but before the throne,
"where he is right now really isn’t our business" (Dorothy Mae).
Access to the throne of God that will one day be denied him forever.

Last edited:

Your statements could not be more nonsensical & contradictory .
They are, apparently, difficult for you to understand. They aren’t at all contradictory, but the matter is likely to be complex. I’ll try to be simple.
If Satan is not in hell He has to be somewhere .
He’s not nailed down you know. He’s not in jail.
If Satan is not accusing us before God as you say , "He’s not" ( Dorothy Mae),
who is He accusing us to ?
Why does he have to be present to talk to God? You think there’s no communication unless he’s physically there talking about us one at a time??
And where the heck is He?
What does it matter? He’s not nailed down.
And if he is accusing us to God there is no place else he can do so but before the throne,
Why? You think he’s limited by space?
"where he is right now really isn’t our business" (Dorothy Mae).
Jesus didn’t tell us where he is. Why do you need to fix his location?
Access to the throne of God that will one day be denied him forever.
Again, why is his location important? How much he actually knows us is debatable. Jesus the unclean spirits knew. Paul they were only acquainted with. If he knows each of us by name depends on some factors it seems.

Back