Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Always Spirit-Filled Or A Leaky Vessel?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
But to identify them as false is not wrong .
I agree as scripture shows us these people need to be exposed.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Titus 1: 10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. 10 A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

It Is Right To Name Names
Many mistakenly believe that it is wrong to expose error and to name the guilty teachers; but they are wrong according to the Bible.

Paul named Peter publicly. Peter was guilty of unscriptural practice. “But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed , But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of the Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?” (Gal. 2:11-14). T

Paul named Demas for loving the world. “For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world” (II Tim. 4:10). Those who forsake the cause of Christ for worldly living and pleasures should be named and exposed.

Paul named Alexander the coppersmith. “Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil. the Lord reward him “according to his works: Of whom be thou ware also, for he hath greatly withstood our words ” (II Tim. 4:14-15). It is clear that this is not a personality problem, but a doctrinal problem. Alexander had withstood the words and doctrine of Paul. He was an enemy to the truth. Godly pastors face the same problem every day. They stand and proclaim the truth, then their members go home and hear this truth disputed by radio and TV preachers.

John named Diotrephes. “I wrote unto the church; but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not” (III John 9). He related how this man had prated against him “with malicious words ” (v. 10). He further said, “Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God, but he that doeth evil hath not seen God ” (v. I 1). It is not wrong to name those whose doctrine and practice is contrary to the Word of God.

In fact, the whole Bible abounds in examples of false prophets being named and exposed. All this modern day talk about love, used as an excuse for not exposing error, is not really biblical love but is really sloppy agape.

Moses called the name of Balaam. (See Num. 22-25). Peter exposed “the way of Balaam , who loved the wages of unrighteousness ” (II Pet. 2:15). Balaam was a prophet that was in the work for money, just like some of the TV false prophets today. They beg for money and live like kings, while multitudes of innocent people send them their hard earned money. They are always building colleges, hospitals, TV network satellites, and amusement parks that have a water slide for Jesus. And then we are suppose to keep our mouth shut about these religious charlatans. How can we be silent and be true to God?

Jude exposed “the error of Balaam ” (Jude I 1). John exposed “the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication ” (Rev. 2:14). This gets right to the heart of the matter, concerning the doctrine of separation. Balaam never did curse Israel even though he wanted the wages that he was offered to do so.

False teachers are breaking down the barrier of separation between God’s people and false religion. There is too little preaching and teaching on the doctrine of separation. Balaam breached the doctrine of personal separation by causing the men of Israel to commit fornication with the Moabite women. He breached the doctrine of ecclesiastical separation by causing the men of Israel to bow down to Baal. This brought a curse upon Israel. Until we get back to teaching the truth about personal and ecclesiastical separation, we can expect the continued widespread havoc that we have today.

It seems to be believed by many that some people are too high and mighty to be named or exposed. Men in high places, pastors of large churches, and those with great radio or TV audiences, are supposedly above criticism. Whatever they may do or say, no matter how contrary to the Bible it may be, is supposedly all right. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Nathan identified the man. There was a man in a very high place who was a secret adulterer. Surely this man who held the highest office in the land could not be rebuked by a lowly unpopular prophet. Nathan went right into the presence of David, revealed the sin in a parable form, and then told the enraged David, “Thou art the man ” (II Sam. 12:7).

Those who are left behind in not abiding in Christ were never His own to begin with for they were never Spiritually born again, nor indwelled with the Holy Spirit. They will not be resurrected to eternal life, but will find themselves damned being cast into the lake of fire when Christ returns on the last day.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
In context;

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

I do not see this as applying to the Great White Throne Judgment, but to the rapture event for those abiding in Him and then to the resurrection after the great tribulation for that resurrection of damnation as being those vessels unto dishonor in His House, the vessels of wood & earth that would serve the King of kings on earth.

Since those that will fall away from the faith in the last days 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 and they will be damned for believing the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit again apart from salvation for why God permit strong delusion to occur 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12, ( unless they repent before the Bridegroom comes per Revelation 2:18-25 ) that is the damnation spoken of in John 5:29 of that resurrection unto damnation.

It is only those who remain in Christ at His coming and have endured unto the end are those who Christ will raise up on the last day as then they will be with the Lord forever.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
I believe that the rapture event is the firstfruits of the resurrection whereby the O.T. saints and the abiding N.T. saints will be resurrected as the living abiding in Him will be taken in becoming that vessels unto honor in His House, vessels of gold & silver.

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

If those saints who depart from iniquity, purge themselves so they can be vessels unto honor in His House, then how can the vessels unto dishonor still be considered in His House, but as vessels of wood & earth? Hence the resurrection of damnation of those saints that got left behind and that died through the great tribulation.

Is it not evil to break even the least of His commandments & teach others also in leading them astray? And yet how can they be called least in the kingdom of heaven?

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

That is why and how I apply that resurrection unto damnation to saved believer left behind for not being ready as found abiding in Him. They are the least aka the vessels unto dishonor aka the vessels of wood & earth that are still in His House.

The prodigal son have lost his first inheritance and can never get it back ( the damnation ) but he is still son as in still saved for He will lose none of all the Father has given Him. John 6:37-40

Even those who follow a stranger's voice, H must bring because they are still His sheep as they will be made to literally hear His voice as the king of kings on earth.

John 10:1erily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The significance of this other fold of sheep that did not follow Him but the voice of strangers, they must be brought as they will hear His voice finally on earth as by that resurrection unto damnation in being the least in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Clears throat!

Acts 1:8 says
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:

The above means that Holy Ghost is "power" which is different from *salvation*

When power comes upon you, you will speak in new tongues.

And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; Mark 16:17

Finally, let me say this: "anyone asking for in filling of the Holy Spirit is aware of himself based on personal experience and God understands their request"

Please read acts 2:16-17
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Pentecost was His disciples' salvation moment for that was when they had received power also.

If you remember what He had said to His disciples about the promise of the forever indwelling Holy Ghost at our salvation; that was dependent on Him not being resent with them as this promise was to be sent from the Father in Jesus's name.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus tried to explain to Nicodemus as to when that born again of the Spirit will take place as after His ascension which is after His crucifixion for any one that believes in Him will be saved.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

So after His ascension was why Jesus told them to wait for the promise from the Father to not only receive power from on high, but their salvation as well.

Sometimes a believer cannot serve Him in the capacity that one may think of as serving Him that involves as in the ministry, but there is another way of serving Him.
Every believer has the capacity to serve God in His ministry as they display the fruits of the Spirit as it's not only teaching the Gospel of Christ, but also applying it to your life in servitude to others. Matthew 25:31-40 comes to mind as God's greatest teaching is love as being His greatest commandment and the second one like unto it, Matthew 22:36-39.

DISCIPLESHIP

Obedience: Willing to do what one is asked according to the will of God
(John 14:15-17; Matthew 22:36-40)

Faithfulness: True and trustworthy in the performance of duty
(Matthew 5:16; Proverbs 13:17; Matthew 10:24-25; John 14:16-17; Matthew 22:36-40)

Perseverance: To persist in any purpose or idea, to strive in spite of difficulties
(John 8:31; John 15:18-23; Matthew 10:28)

Love: Intense affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
(Luke 9:5; 2 Peter 3:9; John 13:34-35)

Love: Intense affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
(John 10:15; John 15:13; Matthew 10:24)

Bearing the Cross: Denying ones self for the purpose of duty
(Romans 8:5-8; Mark 14:35-36; Matthew 16:24-25)

The disciple is a learned student of one from a higher power (God) that holds all knowledge and truth that gives out that knowledge to those with a heart to learn for the purpose of ministry. A servant is one who serves others in all humility helping to meet the physical and Spiritual needs of others.

Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another;
Romans 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
Romans 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

In context;

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

I do not see this as applying to the Great White Throne Judgment, but to the rapture event for those abiding in Him and then to the resurrection after the great tribulation for that resurrection of damnation as being those vessels unto dishonor in His House, the vessels of wood & earth that would serve the King of kings on earth.

Since those that will fall away from the faith in the last days 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 and they will be damned for believing the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit again apart from salvation for why God permit strong delusion to occur 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12, ( unless they repent before the Bridegroom comes per Revelation 2:18-25 ) that is the damnation spoken of in John 5:29 of that resurrection unto damnation.

I believe that the rapture event is the firstfruits of the resurrection whereby the O.T. saints and the abiding N.T. saints will be resurrected as the living abiding in Him will be taken in becoming that vessels unto honor in His House, vessels of gold & silver.

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

If those saints who depart from iniquity, purge themselves so they can be vessels unto honor in His House, then how can the vessels unto dishonor still be considered in His House, but as vessels of wood & earth? Hence the resurrection of damnation of those saints that got left behind and that died through the great tribulation.

Is it not evil to break even the least of His commandments & teach others also in leading them astray? And yet how can they be called least in the kingdom of heaven?

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

That is why and how I apply that resurrection unto damnation to saved believer left behind for not being ready as found abiding in Him. They are the least aka the vessels unto dishonor aka the vessels of wood & earth that are still in His House.

The prodigal son have lost his first inheritance and can never get it back ( the damnation ) but he is still son as in still saved for He will lose none of all the Father has given Him. John 6:37-40

Even those who follow a stranger's voice, H must bring because they are still His sheep as they will be made to literally hear His voice as the king of kings on earth.

John 10:1erily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The significance of this other fold of sheep that did not follow Him but the voice of strangers, they must be brought as they will hear His voice finally on earth as by that resurrection unto damnation in being the least in the Kingdom of Heaven.
We will just have to disagree as there is no such teaching in scripture about a pretrib Rapture of the Church as Matthew 24:29-31; 25:1-13; John 5:28-29 and John 6:40 make it very clear that Jesus returns on the last day after the tribulation and the door of God's salvation will be closed forever. But, this is another topic as I do not want to derail this one.

Every believer has the capacity to serve God in His ministry as they display the fruits of the Spirit as it's not only teaching the Gospel of Christ, but also applying it to your life in servitude to others. Matthew 25:31-40 comes to mind as God's greatest teaching is love as being His greatest commandment and the second one like unto it, Matthew 22:36-39.
I refer to the believer's mindset when they are sick or in prison or under daily oppression when they do not believe they can serve Him in ministry. I would convey that we still have that reasonable service to the Lord regarding ourselves and our abiding in Him as that could serve a witness to others that are sick or in prisons.

And although I agree with you, most believers pretty much leave the ministry of their local church to the pastors as if he serves all the members in the body of Christ while they go about their daily lives, making a living for themselves or as it seems to me.

And perhaps they need to know what you have just shared that God can minister thru them to others in their daily lives and to look for opportunities for when someone ask for the hope that is in them.

But of late, it seems cliques are formed in churches and they are trained to keep the group small to have it more meaningful and closer fellowship by any church that develops small Bible study groups. Reads as reasonable from those man made books but the Bible says otherwise.

1 Corinthians 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. 27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

In the time of the pandemic and quarantine, I still point out that one reasonable service that a believer can do.

Romans 12:1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We will just have to disagree as there is no such teaching in scripture about a pretrib Rapture of the Church as Matthew 24:29-31; 25:1-13; John 5:28-29 and John 6:40 make it very clear that Jesus returns on the last day after the tribulation and the door of God's salvation will be closed forever. But, this is another topic as I do not want to derail this one.
Well, we can hope in the Lord for the other that He will help us see the truth in His words, hopefully sooner rather than later. Always looking to be pruned so as to bear more fruit in the knowledge of Him.

Thanks for sharing, sister.

Thanks hawkman for the correction

Last edited:
Well, we can hope in the Lord for the other that He will help us see the truth in His words, hopefully sooner rather than later. Always looking to be pruned so as to bear more fruit in the knowledge of Him.

Thanks for sharing, sister.

Thanks hawkman for the correction
I'm a sister, but I do get that a lot :lol

BTW, I am from Pennsylvania as I use to live in Titusville. What part are you from?

That is the point of the apostle john in warning believers to test the spirits & the tongues they bring and by remembering our faith that Jesus Christ has been with us since salvation is how they can know that spirit coming over them later in life is not the real Holy Spirit and why they an shun that tongue rather than assume it is for private use just because it comes with no interpretation, when having no interpretation from another or understood by a foreigner is proof is it not of Him.
It is ok for a Christian to pray privately in tongues , correct ?

You can PM me if you don't want to derail this thread . :cool2

It is ok for a Christian to pray privately in tongues , correct ?

You can PM me if you don't want to derail this thread . :cool2
Seeing how private tongues are gained by seeking another filling of the Holy Spirit, it can relate to the topic.

If you had boldened the couple words before what you had boldened, you would know my answer to that.

".....shun that tongue rather than assume it is for private use just because it comes with no interpretation, when having no interpretation from another or understood by a foreigner is proof is it not of Him."

Why?

Paul said what the gifts are for in the body of Christ; to profit the body withal.

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

If we read in that chapter as Paul talks about the gift, he only refers to that one baptism that we were all baptized into the body by at our salvation moment; that one hope of our calling, that gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

So that false teaching of another baptism of the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues is falsehood.

Now I know that tongue speakers list all the so called benefits for tongues for private use, like self edification, giving thanks, praising God, and for when the Holy Spirit uses tongues for His own purposes in uttering His intercessions in a secret language so Satan does not know what He is praying for as some teach erroneously, but how can a tongue believer know what was being done by that tongue for private use? They can't. Neither can anyone else besides them when it is gibberish nonsense.

And although believers like to read their tongues for private use in 1 Corinthians 14:1-40, they do so glossing over Paul earlier saying that no member nor gift is for private use as if they can say I have no need of the other member of the body of Christ, seeing how a modern tongue speaker claims they can do all those benefits with no need of interpretation.

1 Corinthians 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Paul says for himself as a tongue speaker that he prays so that somebody else will interpret that tongue being manifested in him otherwise it is unfruitful until it was.

1 Corinthians 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. 13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

That was why Paul was exhorting the gift of prophesy over all spiritual gifts and began comparing the gift of tongues against the gift of prophesy because tongues is not a stand alone gift for why it needs interpretation in the assembly. That is why the gift of prophesy is better, not only over tongues but over all other gifts to seek after.

1 Corinthians 14:1Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

But a modern day tongue speaker has been mislead by false teachings reading tongues for private use into that chapter as if tongues is way better than the gift of prophesy for why they hype other believers to seek after tongues for private use by seeking to receive another baptism with the Holy Ghost, which is apostasy.

Do not some believers fall backwards in seeking that gift of tongues that way? Yet God is not the author of confusion in any churches of the saints, but they want to believe it is God for why they assume it is for private use rather than shun it.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

So it is not okay for tongues for private use as it cannot be of Him let alone how they got that tongue which is apostasy by believing they can receive the Holy Spirit again.

So it is not okay for tongues for private use as it cannot be of Him let alone how they got that tongue which is apostasy by believing they can receive the Holy Spirit again.
Well ok this is where I will start . At the beginning :) for me at least .

This my story of speaking in tongues . When I went to the alter at my local church to pray for my salvation after I prayed and accepted Jesus as my savior I stood there at the altar and words were wanting to come out of my mouth that were NOT my words . I was shocked and thought what is happening to me and I did not let The Holy Spirit have the utterance . Over the next few weeks I came to understand that The Holy Spirit was wanting to speak through me when I was at the altar . At a later church service anyone with a need went to the altar for prayer and I went and was prayed for and began speaking in tongues . No training , no teaching it just flowed . Now have I ever gave a message out in tongues in a church service , no I have not . I do pray in tongues when I am alone most of the time . Sometimes a melody come with the words and I sing my prayer , this is not very often but so great when it does happen :) . Are the tongues I pray in "modern" no not at all . What language is the tongues I pray in ? Well there are two names I have heard when I pray in tongues , Eli and Allah .

Golgotha , do you operate in the Gift of tongues ?

Altar with an "a" fixed it .

Last edited:

This my story of speaking in tongues . When I went to the alter at my local church to pray for my salvation after I prayed and accepted Jesus as my savior I stood there at the altar and words were wanting to come out of my mouth that were NOT my words . I was shocked and thought what is happening to me and I did not let The Holy Spirit have the utterance . Over the next few weeks I came to understand that The Holy Spirit was wanting to speak through me when I was at the altar . At a later church service anyone with a need went to the altar for prayer and I went and was prayed for and began speaking in tongues . No training , no teaching it just flowed . Now have I ever gave a message out in tongues in a church service , no I have not . I do pray in tongues when I am alone most of the time . Sometimes a melody come with the words and I sing my prayer , this is not very often but so great when it does happen :) . Are the tongues I pray in "modern" no not at all . What language is the tongues I pray in ? Well there are two names I have heard when I pray in tongues , Eli and Allah .
Best describe your church by her practice.

Do they talk about receiving the Holy Spirit by a sign of tongues or by evidence of tongues?

Did they practice using tongues for private use as in prayer before you went up there for your salvation?

I just wondered why you felt you need to go to the altar to pray for your salvation when believing in Jesus Christ is how you are saved.

The company you keep have a lot to do with influence and mental disposition.

No. I never had it even though Don Reed from Crossing Path's Ministry told me that I had to babble on purpose and then that gift of tongue will come. After a while it was just becoming a habit and the Lord helped me see that and so I had stopped, because that gift of tongue was not coming that way.

Needless to say, the Lord led me away from that Ministry for her Sunday services.

I still went to the Bible Studies somewhat regularly until I had stopped when promise Keepers led those group of men astray and not so much in that other one for some kind of Christian Fellowship for Businessmen as also provided by Don Reed, but that was all I had attended as far as outside the usual scope of my Presbyterian church and that youth group and young adult class Bible Study Fellowship in growing up.

I have seen the Lord operate other gifts like discerning of spirits and the gift of knowledge, to share with others for discernment & edification; hence the gift of prophesy too, which of course I am nothing in His ministry as He has to cause the increase for others to receive the truth in His words.

None of those gifts required a filling of the Holy Spirit to get them. It's a manifestation of the Spirit from within us for why we are to seek the gift of prophesy over all spiritual gift to profit he body of Christ.

As it is in growing up, I find the Lord ministering to me more than my ministering to others even though I share what He has led me to share to others but to no avail.

They mostly still believe commitment and promises are necessary and that they can pray to the Father to send for the Holy Spirit to come into the church to reach the lost but the Holy Spirit is in us to reach the lost whereas it is the Father that draws them unto the Son ( John 6:44 ) to reveal the Son to sinners, even unto babes, so they can believe and be saved ( Matthew 11:25-27 )..

So I can see how holy laughter had come into Presbyterian churches even though it didn't yet, as far as I know, happened in my former church. They laid the groundwork for the spirits of the antichrist to come in to lead already saved believers astray just for praying for the Father to send the holy Spirit to come.

They overlook the truth that He is in each one of us believers since salvation and the only time the Father will send the Holy Spirit to sinners is when they come to & believe in Jesus Christ. John 3:16 & Galatians 3:14 & Galatians 3:26

So I believe you were saved the moment you believed in Jesus Christ before that moment you went up to that altar to pray for your salvation.

Did you go up there praying for a sign that you are saved? Just not clear as to why you went to the altar to pray for salvation or to seek it when anyone calling on the name of the Lord shall be saved, and even less whenever anyone comes to & believe in Jesus Christ are saved.

What were your expectations for going up to the altar to pray for salvation? What did the church led you before hand, if any, in having those expectations?

Have you ever seen others go up to that altar before that day when you did? Just wondering if like Don Reed did to me, the leaders and the church influenced your mindset for what you were expecting when going up to that altar for your salvation?

Do yourself a favor in the Lord.

John 16:13 KJV,NIV,NKJV,ASV,& AMP

Read John 16:13 with His help as all across Bible versions, this truth has been maintained that the Holy Spirit cannot speak for Himself or from Himself but speak only what He hears.

So how can the Holy Spirit use God's gift of tongues to speak unto the people and turn it around for His own use in uttering His prayers?

That is why I do not believe God's gift of tongues are for private use, but only the Lord can help you to see that truth in His words to know how much you need Him to shun that tongue and pray normally so you can know what you had prayed for to give the Father thanks in Jesus's name for known answer to prayers.

Sharing His words as food for thought & discernment with Him.

Have a good night, brother.

Oh I am sure sinners can be like that for everyday rules of life like common courtesy, the golden rule, and all that.
But Jesus is talking to believers and so they can be just as hypocritical when correcting others while they yet continue to do the same thing.
Our ideas of what a REAL believer does is quite different.
Like a Christian employer telling his Christian employees not to steal but he goes on defrauding his employees of their rightful pay.
What thief is going to heaven?
Only one who quits stealing.
James touched on that in James 5:1-6 while he offers comfort and assurances to those defrauded in James 5:7-11
That is not to say there can be no such thing as a rich Christian when there is but they are instructed not to set their hearts on their riches but trust in the living God .
And if they disobey?
1 timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
Of course if some rich Christian was defrauding the employees or anyone and thinking his charity will make up for it, he will be disappointed.
1 Thessalonians 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
I digress. God will deal with saved believers that sins like a Father. Hebrews 12:1-11
As declaring my salvation will have to wait till the day of judgement, isn't it wise to remain faithful with the knowledge/fear that a lake of fire awaits the disobedient?
The hypocrites seem oblivious to that.

Also wish to add before I go to bed is that I know what you had experienced was really supernatural and not like me told to fake it for how I was to get that gift of tongues, but there is such a thing as pagan's supernatural tongue that is gibberish nonsense that existed in the world before Pentecost came with the real God's gift of tongues which is a foreign language to speak unto the people per 1 Corinthians 14:21

Isaiah 8:19 is proof that, that supernatural tongue was existing before Pentecost for why God would never mimic that kind of tongue since we are to prove all things, abstaining from all appearances of evil, even tongues that those spirits bring and not just those spirits per 1 John 4:1-6.

How can sinners know they have departed from those spirits if the Holy Spirit speaks the same way as they do?

How can churches knows those sinners have departed if they continue to speak in the manner accustomed in their practices in the occult or their idolatries?

Voodooism and Khundalini have supernatural speaking in tongues that is gibberish nonsense. One can research this pagan supernatural tongue on the internet to see its existence before Pentecost had come, but there is no need because the Bible already proved that in Isaiah 8:19 but you are free to do so in proving all things with Him.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

And if they disobey?

As declaring my salvation will have to wait till the day of judgement, isn't it wise to remain faithful with the knowledge/fear that a lake of fire awaits the disobedient?
We are not in agreement.

May I suggest that in this discussion, you trust the Lord at that throne of grace to correct you in any thing you may say that is not in aligning with His words?

I trust Him to do the same but as it is, I cannot see how you can say Jesus Christ is your Savior for why He is the Good News if you are not saved yet.

I believe I am saved and with Him in us and with me always as saved, I look to Him to help me lay aside every weight & sin daily so I can follow Him.

The new reality is you are saved since you had first believed in Him at the calling of the gospel or else you are denying Him as your Savior.

Listen to the truth in the words of this song below for why Christ in you is why you are saved,

And if they disobey?

Then listen to this music video on how everything is on Him and not on you.

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Works has its place but not for our salvation for we are saved so with His help, we can do good works.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back