Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Always Spirit-Filled Or A Leaky Vessel?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thanks for sharing the link to your church's statement of faith.

Explain these 2 statements for me from their statement of faith.

"In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost."

"In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost."

Are they saying these 2 events happen at their salvation moment?

Not sure if they are saying that a believer has to speak in tongues to know they had received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and got saved. Is that what they are saying?
I am NOT a pastor or a school trained Christian , well sunday school there is that :) .

What I am saying is why don't you seek out a local Church of God and attend a service and see what it is like ?

If you feel lead you could talk with a trained minister of God's word and he would be much better prepared to explain things to you face to face . Things don't always come across right in this format :coffee .

Have you attended other Church of God before you went forward in that one? Or do you mean that you have never seen that in any Church of God after you got saved in that church?
Sure I had attended other Church of God locations , my wife became a Christian long before me . Training people to speak in tongues is something I have never ever been around , nor would I want to be !
"In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost."

Do you recall if you ever heard or read that before going up to the altar?
I had attended sunday school for a few years off and on , so yes I probably did hear this in the lesson at some point . But was this on my mind when I went to the altar ? No ! All that was on my mind was getting to the altar and getting right with God !
I do wonder if you may not have heard comments or brief testimonies to that effect before you had gone up there to the altar, hoping for that to happen supernaturally at your salvation moment just so you can know that you had received that baptism of the Holy Ghost in according to the church's statement of faith.
At this point I would like to know something about you and YOUR salvation , if you please , you have got a lot of my info .

What age @ were you when you were saved ? I was @ 25 .

Were you in church ? Did you go to the altar ?

Was this a church you had been attending already ?

What was it like for you ?

I must make a trip and will be back later today to read you replies .

I know we receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit at the same time we confess Jesus as our Lord and Savior, even though many are not taught this, but when it comes to praying in the Spirit (tongues) in privacy how do you reconcile Romans 8:26-27 if you are saying it is not alright to do so, or are you meaning something else?
Okay. I am going to pull your scripture reference out of the quote box so it is easier to read.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Please note that the Holy Spirit cannot utter His own groanings when making intercessions for us so that means no sound at all.

Then you have to wonder why "itself" was used because there are other verses in that Bible verson you are using that addresses the Holy Spirit as he or him.

Itself would suggest the Holy Spirit serving as a means for how His intercessions are known indirectly.

Verse 27 identifies Another Person as the "he" that is searching our hearts AND knows the mind of the Spirit. The one searching our hearts is Jesus Christ per Hebrews 4:12-16 and so it is this "he" that knows the mind of the Spirit as this is according to the will of God because Jesus Christ is the only Mediator between God and men per 1 Timothy 2:5.

If we look at how the prayer system is set up, Jesus takes our intercessions in searching our hearts, the Spirit's silent intercessions in knowing the mind of, and His own intercessions ( Hebrews 7:25 ) and gives them to the Father so that when the Father says agrees with any of those intercessions, the Son answers the prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answers to prayers. John 14:13-14

That is why it is the will of God to give thanks to the Father in Jesus's name for answers to prayers as that is the will of God for us to do. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Ephesians 5:20 Colossians 1:3 & Colossians 1:12

If you check with John 16:13 in the NKJV, Jesus testified that the Holy Spirit cannot speak on His own authority but speaks what He hears and so with the proper reading of Romans 8:26-27, He may help us to see the truth in His words that the Holy Spirit would not turn God's gift of tongues around from speaking unto the people and use it for His own purposes like uttering prayers in a secret language.

This is where believers are to test the spirits and the tongues they bring 1 John 4:1-6 because tongues are not for private use per 1 Corinthians 12:19-21 as if they need no interpretation to be understood so that the tongue would be fruitful to the tongue speaker... when it does.

1 Corinthians 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. 13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Paul is saying that while he is speaking in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit, it is his own spirit that is praying that somebody else will interpret so that the tongue that is manifested is understood by Paul for that tongue to be fruitful to himself as a tongue speaker. Otherwise uninterpreted, it is not fruitful to Paul until it was.

Hopefully the Lord will help you to see the truth in His words for why His gift of tongues for speaking unto the people was never for private use for why we are to test the spirits & the tongues they bring because God wants us to pray "normally" so as to know what was prayed for so as to know when Jesus answers the prayers to give the Father thanks in Jesus's name which is the will of God for us to do.

The only way to truly know if one who claims Christ is truly of Christ ,
examine the fruits .
I used to claim i knew Jesus , but did not .
my fruits proved my tongue a liar .
Thus if anyone comes and claims to know Christ
and yet defends Sin . You better know they are a liar as i once was .
And correct asap fast .
Now i am about to do a big no no to this big pc seeker friendly generation
but i must list a certain PC sin to help prove what i say .
Lets say i came to you and had a husband , aka that would mean i was gay due to i am a man . And i could pray like no other , sing psalms like no other
Would you really think i was saved and knew JESUS .
COURSE NOT . cause JESUS transforms us to love good and hate the evil of our flesh . SO my question is , How come folks just allow folks to remain in sin
to justify sin and yet say alas they say the name of JESUS and pray like we do
and can sing like we do , THUS they must know Christ . What a farce .
WHEN o when are we gonna learn that seeker friendly was bad news
to the church . I would list all the names of those false teachers
but , due to that could take months to do so , How bout i just say
let us get in bibles and learn that pattern .
Would you believe John Calvin knew Christ by his writings?

Yet he supported the execution of a heretic, but Jesus said this:

John 16:1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

The N.T. Bible only teaches excommunication; not execution of heretics.

So how does John Calvin apply in your judgment?

Here is a thought for discernment; if Jesus taught only excommunication and Paul taught the church to excommunicate an unrepented brother, why do you believe those left behind are not just being excommunicated from the Marriage Supper in Heaven, as denying them to be partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection?

Hebrews 2:1-4 are warnings against neglecting salvation. Tongues is a part of those Spiritual gifts from the Holy Spirit, 1 Corinthians 12:10. Not any one of these gifts in 1 Corinthians 12:1-11 have ever ceased to exist. It's not a Pentecostal thing, but that which has been given to every believer that is in Christ and He in them beginning on the day of Pentecost. All these gifts are for the lifting up and edifying the body of Christ.
Clarify for me your comment in the quote.

Are you saying that everyone saved has been given the gift of tongues at their salvation? If so, Paul says otherwise.

1 Corinthians 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

I do not believe the gifts of the Spirit has ceased, but since there has been a supernatural tongue in the world that is just gibberish nonsense as found in the occult per Isaiah 8:19 before Pentecost came with God's gift of tongues to speak unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:21 ) this is why we need to test the spirits as well as the tongues they bring because God would never imitate that gibberish nonsense as that came first before Pentecost for why that can never be the real God's gift of tongues.

Since our believing in Jesus Christ is the work of the Father ( John 6:44 & Matthew 11:25-27 & John 3:18-21 ) is why this is good report, ( Hebrews 11:1-2 ) because we had received the promise of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ ( Galatians 3:14 ) for how we are identified as children of God ( Galatians 3:26 ) & not by evidence of tongues as a sign or by any other sign for proof that we were saved.

That would be using tongues as a sign for the believers when tongues are not to serve as a sign to believers but serve as a sign to unbelievers. 1 Corinthians 14:22

Unless you meant something else from your quote, scripture clearly reproves it.

Thanks for sharing, but hopefully you may see why I have Biblical concerns.

I am NOT a pastor or a school trained Christian , well sunday school there is that :) .

What I am saying is why don't you seek out a local Church of God and attend a service and see what it is like ?
Have done that to several churches like that. Even a Methodist church which talks like them in laying the foundation for the supernatural to happen even though he does not seem to report that the phenomenon of the Holy Spirit visiting has happened yet.

I had stopped going to churches like that only because biblically, Jesus warned me not to go there.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

So like when believers say the Spirit of Christ is moving in Toronto as per that Toronto's Blessings or the Spirit of God is moving in Pensacola as per that Pensacola Outpouring, I should not go there or any church of God hat talks like that. Or even my former Presbyterian church when praying to the Father to send the Holy Spirit into the worship place or begin communion with "We come into His Presence today..." is one of the reasons I had left the church. Since Jesus says not to go there because we can be deceived ... then by His grace & by His help, I shall stop going and avoid going to such places like that.

Course He is helping me in applying that now after all I have gone through. FYI
If you feel lead you could talk with a trained minister of God's word and he would be much better prepared to explain things to you face to face . Things don't always come across right in this format :coffee .
Well, that is why I had asked questions so others may clarify what they have shared.

Okay. I am going to pull your scripture reference out of the quote box so it is easier to read.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Please note that the Holy Spirit cannot utter His own groanings when making intercessions for us so that means no sound at all.

Then you have to wonder why "itself" was used because there are other verses in that Bible verson you are using that addresses the Holy Spirit as he or him.

Itself would suggest the Holy Spirit serving as a means for how His intercessions are known indirectly.

Verse 27 identifies Another Person as the "he" that is searching our hearts AND knows the mind of the Spirit. The one searching our hearts is Jesus Christ per Hebrews 4:12-16 and so it is this "he" that knows the mind of the Spirit as this is according to the will of God because Jesus Christ is the only Mediator between God and men per 1 Timothy 2:5.

If we look at how the prayer system is set up, Jesus takes our intercessions in searching our hearts, the Spirit's silent intercessions in knowing the mind of, and His own intercessions ( Hebrews 7:25 ) and gives them to the Father so that when the Father says agrees with any of those intercessions, the Son answers the prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answers to prayers. John 14:13-14

That is why it is the will of God to give thanks to the Father in Jesus's name for answers to prayers as that is the will of God for us to do. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Ephesians 5:20 Colossians 1:3 & Colossians 1:12

If you check with John 16:13 in the NKJV, Jesus testified that the Holy Spirit cannot speak on His own authority but speaks what He hears and so with the proper reading of Romans 8:26-27, He may help us to see the truth in His words that the Holy Spirit would not turn God's gift of tongues around from speaking unto the people and use it for His own purposes like uttering prayers in a secret language.

This is where believers are to test the spirits and the tongues they bring 1 John 4:1-6 because tongues are not for private use per 1 Corinthians 12:19-21 as if they need no interpretation to be understood so that the tongue would be fruitful to the tongue speaker... when it does.

1 Corinthians 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. 13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Paul is saying that while he is speaking in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit, it is his own spirit that is praying that somebody else will interpret so that the tongue that is manifested is understood by Paul for that tongue to be fruitful to himself as a tongue speaker. Otherwise uninterpreted, it is not fruitful to Paul until it was.

Hopefully the Lord will help you to see the truth in His words for why His gift of tongues for speaking unto the people was never for private use for why we are to test the spirits & the tongues they bring because God wants us to pray "normally" so as to know what was prayed for so as to know when Jesus answers the prayers to give the Father thanks in Jesus's name which is the will of God for us to do.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with your interpretation as I believe you are taking those scriptures you gave out of context to make them line up with how you were taught.

Four important reasons to pray in tongues found in the KJV of the Bible

1. Devotional Use

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Paul is talking about the individual Spirit filled believer employing the use of tongues in his prayer life. Through speaking in tongues you can pray out the plan of God for your life by the power of the Holy Spirit.

2. Spiritual Edification

1 Corinthians 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
Tongues are also used as a means of Spiritual edification. The word edifieth means to build up. Speaking in tongues isn't mental edification, but Spiritual edification.

3. Worshiping God
Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.

For believers that are filled with the Holy Spirit, tongues are used in their worship and devotion to God. This verse is concerning Cornelius and his household when they began to speak with tongues magnifying the Lord. Speaking in tongues is a supernatural way to magnify God.

4. Doorway to the Supernatural
1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Speaking with tongues is the doorway into all the other Spiritual gifts. Some people want to experience all the gifts of the Spirit at once, but you have to go through the door to get into the supernatural. Also, it is as the Spirit of God wills, not as we will. In other words, you can't force or put on a manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit.

The Bible teaches us to desire spiritual gifts, 1 Corinthians 14:1. The Bible also teaches us to earnestly covet the best gifts, 1 Corinthians 12:31. But remember that those words were written to people who already spoke in tongues. They weren't written to people who did not speak in tongues.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luke 11:10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Dont forget to tell him he needs to always test what any man says .
Cause i notice a lot of highly traiend ministirs sure seem to be training
the church up in the way that it should NOT go .

Golgotha

I am talking about a personal private Spiritual prayer language as the utterings that we speak are given to us by the Holy Spirit speaking for us, through our voice when we do not know how to pray for something as these utterances are sent up to our mediator who is Christ Jesus that takes our petitons before the Father. What the Holy Spirit gives us to speak in prayers as in us not knowing how tp word some prayers is no different then what the Spirit of God wants us to speak.

1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

In vs. 29-30 these are questions asked if all have these gifts and I have to answer yes if they are indwelled with the Holy Spirit, as all are given by the Holy Spirit for the timing and purpose of God's ministry in lifting up and edifying the body of Christ. We do not act on these gifts of self, but are manifested through the Holy Spirit that works through us and in us.

I feel sorry for you and others that you are missing out on such a beautiful Spiritual experience that many of us have been given and use.

Would you believe John Calvin knew Christ by his writings?

Yet he supported the execution of a heretic, but Jesus said this:

John 16:1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

The N.T. Bible only teaches excommunication; not execution of heretics.

So how does John Calvin apply in your judgment?

Here is a thought for discernment; if Jesus taught only excommunication and Paul taught the church to excommunicate an unrepented brother, why do you believe those left behind are not just being excommunicated from the Marriage Supper in Heaven, as denying them to be partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection?
Are you saying you are a follower of Calvin's teachings?

Sure I had attended other Church of God locations , my wife became a Christian long before me . Training people to speak in tongues is something I have never ever been around , nor would I want to be !

I had attended sunday school for a few years off and on , so yes I probably did hear this in the lesson at some point . But was this on my mind when I went to the altar ? No ! All that was on my mind was getting to the altar and getting right with God !
Well it can be in the back of your mind since hearing talks about that for when you went up there. One could refer to the subconscious but I'll just asked you what your expectations were in going up there to pray for salvation other than tongues as proof of receiving the Holy Spirit? What were you looking for in receiving salvation?
At this point I would like to know something about you and YOUR salvation , if you please , you have got a lot of my info .

What age @ were you when you were saved ? I was @ 25 .

Were you in church ? Did you go to the altar ?

Was this a church you had been attending already ?

What was it like for you ?

I must make a trip and will be back later today to read you replies .
I cannot say exactly when because I have been a believer since a tot.

I had prophetic dreams as a tot where one was about being in Heaven with Jesus showing me the future if I went back.

I am close to 60 years of age now.

Still having prophetic dreams of what is to come. I had registered to this forum and sent for the confirmation e-mail but it never came. So I just gave up & let it go, thinking the Lord did not want me here, but continue t wait for Him while I lean on Him to abide in Him. But I kept having these dreams of me working in the basement in cleaning things up for "Someone". I was annoyed because it kept repeating.

So I checked again and resent for the e-mail confirmation and finally it did came right away and so I came here to post, hoping in Him to do His work because I know I am nothing in His ministry but a profitless servant.

Had another dream of me waking up & looking out my small bedroom window towards my neighbor property beside my home. His son was there cutting the grass on the riding mower as there were other people working in the yard by the road where there was ditch there with a man made small bridge where none exists in real life and on that bridge and near it were 2 fawns and a young mother deer.

That dream shifted to me in bed as I remembered the thought of wanting to my mom and dad to see that and that thought was raising me up to get them to see that, but stopped as I was seeing my dad in the shadow pointing at that small window as I was announcing to him but faintly "Yeah... I saw the fawns too.." or something to that effect and then I woke up.

I discerned with Him that He was telling me that something wonderful was happening that I like to see which was the fawns but symbolic about Him working and that small window was representing the window of my folks' computer screen.

I can see Him working but to what avail, I have yet to see but I enjoy seeing Him work.

Anyway at some point as a tot, I had believed in Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead and I was saved I did not know that I was having prophetic dreams even though this one girl in one dream was trying to tell me her name so I would know her when I meet her in the future. I recalled that I did not like her first name but her last name she was trying to tell me to say it the way it was spelled but it did not sound like the way she said it, and so I was afraid because if I said it the way it was spelled it would sound like a bad word. I was so afraid to say it the way it was spelled because I loved her and did not want to hurt her feelings and so I said I wanted to call her "Angel" as the light coming from her hair made her look like one. She could not understand my insistence and the cream ended.

In real life as a tot, I was reading the Bible and came across a verse in Revelation about the mark of the beast 666 and "let the reader understand" and so I went to the kitchen where my mother was asking what is "666?"

She got mad and pulled me to the bathroom and washed my mouth out with soap. I was crying tears and confused, but still determined to know what that meant because I did not understand it so I went to the kitchen again with that Bible opened to that passage and had asked again "what does 666 mean?" Got my mouth washed out with soap again. And I asked again for the third time and got my mouth washed out with soap again. ( You'd think I would give up by now ) But no. I had asked again, but this time, I went carrying the Bible opened to that passage and asked "What does that mean?" To wit she finally looked at what I was asking and she said that was not what I had said. Baffled, but she walked away irritated.

I forgave my mother, since later on I figured out she must have thought I said that dirty word "sh**" 3 times instead of the number 6, 3 times.

Just conveying how in real life, I was reluctant to say her last name for fear of saying it like a bad word. As it is, years later after moving to P from Iowa for the summer before 5th grade, and then years later after high school and about 1990's, I met that girl in my dreams in real life as the series of prophetic dreams fell into place as I said her last name as I heard it but I spelled it wrong Fosco when it was spelled Fusco for which the Holy Spirit in me was reminding me of that dream. Other goal posts in the dreams came true but enough of that.

I refer to John 16:13 of the Holy Spirit showing me what is to come since I was a tot and I did not know I was having prophetic dreams until later on and still having them.

I think I'll stop here since I am digressing but I believed in Jesus Christ since a tot.

Have to take a break for lunch. I am late.

That would be using tongues as a sign for the believers when tongues are not to serve as a sign to believers but serve as a sign to unbelievers. 1 Corinthians 14:22
Never said that tongues is a sign for believers, but for unbelievers as they falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

1Co 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
1Co 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.
1Co 14:23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
1Co 14:24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
1Co 14:25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
1Co 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
1Co 14:28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

I have seen many prophecy in tongues in the church that was not given them to speak as they gave their own interpretation that was not from God, but of themself. We do need to test the spirits that speak.

An associate Pastor came up to me one time many years ago after the service and said he had a word for me from God. He told me that my tent stakes were to close. God never gave me any understanding and to this day I have no idea what that meant. So yes, we need to Spiritually discern what spirits are speaking to us.

I had registered to this forum and sent for the confirmation e-mail but it never came.
FYI, We do not send out confirmation emails. All we ask is that you agree with the Terms of Service clicking the box that you have read them and agreed.

Have done that to several churches like that. Even a Methodist church which talks like them in laying the foundation for the supernatural to happen even though he does not seem to report that the phenomenon of the Holy Spirit visiting has happened yet.

I had stopped going to churches like that only because biblically, Jesus warned me not to go there.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

So like when believers say the Spirit of Christ is moving in Toronto as per that Toronto's Blessings or the Spirit of God is moving in Pensacola as per that Pensacola Outpouring, I should not go there or any church of God hat talks like that. Or even my former Presbyterian church when praying to the Father to send the Holy Spirit into the worship place or begin communion with "We come into His Presence today..." is one of the reasons I had left the church. Since Jesus says not to go there because we can be deceived ... then by His grace & by His help, I shall stop going and avoid going to such places like that.

Course He is helping me in applying that now after all I have gone through. FYI

Well, that is why I had asked questions so others may clarify what they have shared.
Them folks that led in that toronto blessing is false as they can be .
Never look to them you flee them and never look back .
Was it any wonder that it was a big hit among the heap it and steap it group .
That alone would have been red flag to me .
I seen ladies barking like dogs and men being walked around on leashes .
A ten ring circus . God dont behave himself like that . That were no move
of GOD my friend . And what Todd bently and has aduterous mistress
who then became his wife did on stage , was STRANGE FIRE all right
Flee that and never look back .
But dont let the charaltons scare you off from the true gifts either .
Tongues is still real as are the gifts . But them men and women
who led that were false .

Well it can be in the back of your mind since hearing talks about that for when you went up there. One could refer to the subconscious but I'll just asked you what your expectations were in going up there to pray for salvation other than tongues as proof of receiving the Holy Spirit? What were you looking for in receiving salvation?
I was not expecting I would be speaking in tongues went I went to the altar and prayed for forgiveness of my sins and took Jesus for my savior .
I cannot say exactly when because I have been a believer since a tot.
Just give me an age range .

Were you baptized after you became a Christian ? I have been baptized in water .

Are you currently a member of a church ? Is your name on a church roll book would be the answer I am seeking . What denomination church , if so ?

I am trying to wrap my head around the "tot" part of you believing .

Now per your reference when two or three speak in tongues and another interpret, how is it that you interpreted that silence to mean privately when you have two or three speaking in tongues for another to interpret? Isn't that like distracting in church, especially for those around that person speaking in tongues in private to hear the two or three speak in tongues for another to interpret?
My reference is to a man speaking two or three words and listening to see if it is interpreted before going head with other words. Look at the scripture I quoted. Post 104.

eddif

Or even my former Presbyterian church when praying to the Father to send the Holy Spirit into the worship place or begin communion with "We come into His Presence today..." is one of the reasons I had left the church. Since Jesus says not to go there because we can be deceived ... then by His grace & by His help, I shall stop going and avoid going to such places like that.
What were the other reasons you left this church ? You got me curious :? .

So now you are here with us on a internet forum , a social media forum .

The chances of being deceived in this type of environment are manifold when compared to church , my :twocents worth .

About prophets speaking.
1 Corinthians 14:29 kjv
29. Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30. If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31. For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
32. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

I think you ran an individual speaking and prophets speaking together.

Even the prophets speak one after the other. They are in control of their spirit. They are not out of control. There is silence when needed, as when another needs to speak.

Again just because spiritual gifts are sometimes out of order; you do not shut down prophets speaking .
Forever.
eddif

Last edited:
FYI, We do not send out confirmation emails. All we ask is that you agree with the Terms of Service clicking the box that you have read them and agreed.
That is strange.

At registration I find myself in the forum but unable to post until I got that confirmation e-mail. It was when I sent it again the following day after waiting the whole day for it which never came, that I did get it to click on the link in that email before I could post anything in the forum.

So if you guys did not really do that, then my suspicions that my folks' new computers has already been hacked and playing mischiefs with us may be true.

Them folks that led in that toronto blessing is false as they can be .
Never look to them you flee them and never look back .
Was it any wonder that it was a big hit among the heap it and steap it group .
That alone would have been red flag to me .
I seen ladies barking like dogs and men being walked around on leashes .
A ten ring circus . God dont behave himself like that . That were no move
of GOD my friend . And what Todd bently and has aduterous mistress
who then became his wife did on stage , was STRANGE FIRE all right
Flee that and never look back .
But dont let the charaltons scare you off from the true gifts either .
Tongues is still real as are the gifts . But them men and women
who led that were false .
Never went there but a fellow Wal-Mart associate at one time did with his girlfriend and he reported in disbelief how they were saying at Toronto that they do not need the Word of God any more. All they need was the Spirit.

That is one way to avoid scriptures that proves what they are in is not of the Lord.

So the Lord is helping me to stay away from places like that, especially after that time visiting my Aunt's church in Missouri for our summer vacation when they were visited by the holy laughter movement. The Lord helped me not to fall for that and He helped me to keep serving Him in seeking His glory rather than the glory of promoting that movement and my "experience" in it which was feeling a hand push me 3 times from behind me on my right shoulder to go forward when there was no one any where near me behind me to do that .. not for several rows at least.

The Lord warned me about that before I went there with "decide this day Whom you will serve. The Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name". I read the urgency in that and answered out loud "Well you of course," but that urgency remained and so I prayed Please help me to do this" and then I got His peace because the sense of urgency was gone. And sure enough, a week later I got exposed to that holy laughter movement and it was later after that vacation that it don on me the Lord was warning me about that.

Anyway, the Lord is in me and is with me always since salvation to keep me from falling as I trust Him to continue to lead me all the way Home above..

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back