Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Always Spirit-Filled Or A Leaky Vessel?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I can believe that to be of God. And you understood what was said for why it was fruitful even to you.
When you speak in tongues as the Holy Ghost gives the utterance the words are not words you think before you say them , in other words the Holy Ghost is making use of your speech and in control of what the words are coming out of your mouth . It is a supernatural event going on in your body . It is quite the eye opening experience .

Storming here must go .

Seeing how love is a fruit of the Spirit, I rely on Him to provide all the love I need to love even my enemies by as He enables me which I trust Him to do.
In this I agree with you.
Plus, as you may know by now, it makes it impossible to commit sin !
If anyone finds a hard time to love anyone, ask Jesus to love their enemies enough to forgive them for they know not what they do because I am sure the Lord has done that for them.
If anyone has a hard time with loving others, what does that say about the spirit within them?

When you speak in tongues as the Holy Ghost gives the utterance the words are not words you think before you say them , in other words the Holy Ghost is making use of your speech and in control of what the words are coming out of your mouth . It is a supernatural event going on in your body . It is quite the eye opening experience .

Storming here must go .
In ministry.... anyone used by the Lord in speaking in their everyday normal language is by the Spirit. Even when under trial as His words were given for us to be comforted of His support and His role in the ministry for why His yoke is easy & His burden light.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

~~~

Okay. Be safe. Hope you have a good night, brother, in the Lord.

In this I agree with you.
Plus, as you may know by now, it makes it impossible to commit sin !

If anyone has a hard time with loving others, what does that say about the spirit within them?
It can happen in disagreements & pitfalls.

Acts 15:37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark. 38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work. 39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus; 40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

1 John 2:My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Note the daily prayer to the Father that Jesus has taught His disciples to pray.

Matthew 6: 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Believers need never give up when they sin, but are free to go to Jesus for forgiveness and help to lead them away from temptation & the evil one because He will do it for why Christians are to live by faith in Jesus Christ for all things.

It can happen in disagreements & pitfalls.
"It"?
A hard time loving others?
Acts 15:37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark. 38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work. 39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus; 40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.
I see no lack of love for others, but a disagreement or difference of opinion.
1 John 2:My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
I was once one of the "any man", but not anymore since my rebirth from God's seed.
1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Yep, John using alternate verses to address those walking in light, juxtaposed with those walking in darkness.
Note the daily prayer to the Father that Jesus has taught His disciples to pray.
Matthew 6: 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
A good prayer, indeed, for the OT: but His prayer has been answered already so we don't need to repeat it over and over.
Believers need never give up when they sin, but are free to go to Jesus for forgiveness and help to lead them away from temptation & the evil one because He will do it for why Christians are to live by faith in Jesus Christ for all things.
Q...What is it they believe that provides accommodations for sin?
A...Every doctrine that is not of God.

Storming here must go .
Ok I finally will try a conversation with you alone.

Ephesians 4:28 kjv

28. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with hishands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
But
The punctuation and word grouping can be changed
( not that I am smart enough to do it).

Let him that stole steal, no more let him work with his hands the good, but rather he have, and not give to him that needs.

It is all in English, but the original thought is warped away from truth.

A person that has an overpowering incorrect thought can not arrange words in a biblical thought pattern, but he makes his thought come out by rearranging sentence structure. Makes sense to the speaker, but the listeners catch the error. It seems that no amount of rational human effort can break through the error.

What can be done to break through a self deluded error?

Did I make any sense myself? LOL

eddif

Storming here must go .

Meaning?

Take a day that has high winds, sleet and destruction, and have a day that has sunshine and weather that promotes growth?

eddif

Mark 4:39 kjv
39. And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

eddif

Luke 6:38 kjv
38. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Running over? King David described his cup as running over. Except? Maybe when he lusted after another man’s wife. King David repented over and over ( helped out by punishment to correct David). A man after Gods heart. Pump out blood and be refilled all through life.

Quit giving and dry up?

John the Baptist. Was filled with the Holy Spirit,

Luke 1:13 kjv
13. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
14. And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
15. For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

It also appears he continually received revelation from God.
John 1:33 kjv
33. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

John the Baptist was being filled with information and sharing it with others.

eddif

"It"?
A hard time loving others?

I see no lack of love for others, but a disagreement or difference of opinion.
There would be no need to teach saved believers unless there was a need.

Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. 10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
I was once one of the "any man", but not anymore since my rebirth from God's seed.
In the parable of the Sower in Matthew 13:18-23, the 2 out of 3 that did receive the seed; hence salvation, were not fruitful as His disciples, but they did receive the seed, thus Him, which is salvation. For the 2 out of 3 that are not fruitful, discipleship is needed meaning correction or encouragement by scripture; but salvation is not needed, because they already know the gospel.
Yep, John using alternate verses to address those walking in light, juxtaposed with those walking in darkness.
Yet John testified to this truth;

A good prayer, indeed, for the OT: but His prayer has been answered already so we don't need to repeat it over and over.
Since in context, Jesus is telling His disciples how not to pray, then this prayer to the Father is for believers after salvation since we are addressing Him as Father. Then He expounded on that prayer to His disciples with a warning.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

So the prayer Jesus taught to His disciples is a daily prayer for why that warning is relevant for any and every believer today.
Q...What is it they believe that provides accommodations for sin?
A...Every doctrine that is not of God.
Depends how you read the question. So let us rephrase.

Q What happens when a believer sins?

A 1 John 2:My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

I believe you meant;

Q Can a believer live in sin without repentance?

A No.

Romans 6:1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?.... 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Uncleanness is masturbation or a wetting of oneself due to lust.

Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Paul feared over this still found in members in church at Corinth..

2 Corinthians 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: 21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Hence Paul runs that race by faith in Jesus Christ to help him lay aside every weight & sin daily for the crown and more importantly, not to become a castaway.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Considering living in USA where sex appeal is hyped everywhere with lust & the pride of life as society's standard for outward appearance with public appeal & acceptance, a believer may very well have his or her guard down and unwittingly follow the world.

When Christians think of persecution in foreign countries, they do not consider the spiritual persecution and fiery trials that can befall them here in USA.

James did warn this for believers in the world.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Hopefully you can see the importance now for how we are to run that race daily not to obtain salvation, but the crown as firstfruits to avoid becoming a castaway. When we continue reading James words as led by the Spirit...

James 1:
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

When you get saved, Holy Spirit comes in you. Baptism is only for those already indwelled by the Holy Spirit. So if you see someone speak in tongues, this is evidence they are saved. You don't have to speak in tongues to be saved, it is just part of the evidence someone is a born again believer. I don't know if someone can fake tongues or not. You can't fake real tongues.

When you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, this is the Holy Spirit coming upon you. This is what needs continued refreshing and reminding.

Again, difference is in vs. upon

But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8

John the Baptist was talking to true believers here:

“John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:” Luke 3:16

And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. Acts 2:3

Joel 2:28

“It will come about after this
That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind;
And your sons and daughters will prophesy,
Your old men will dream dreams,
Your young men will see visions.

By laying on of hands even in O.T.

Deuteronomy 34:9

Now Joshua the son of Nun was filled with the spirit of wisdom, for Moses had laid his hands on him; and the sons of Israel listened to him and did as the Lord had commanded Moses.

1 Samuel 10:6

Then the Spirit of the Lord will come upon you mightily, and you shall prophesy with them and be changed into another man.

As opposed to "in" salvation

1 Corinthians 3:16

Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Ezekiel 36:26-27
Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

1 John 4:2-3
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/The-Holy-Spirit

Last edited:
Holy Spirit could not indwell a believer before Christ resurrected. Another indication Spirit-Filled/upon is different. Just like in OT times.

Luke 1:41-45
When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

This is also before the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples. It is when they became saved.

John 20:20-23

20After He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side.

The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord.

21Again Jesus said to them, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so also I am sending you.” 22When He had said this, He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld.”

Then He said to wait in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit to come upon them in the book of Luke after He had appeared to them:

49And behold, I am sending the promise of My Father upon you. But remain in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

And some believe this was just for the disciples, but both men and women were baptized with the Holy Spirit in the upper room- 120.

Last edited:
When you get saved, Holy Spirit comes in you. Baptism is only for those already indwelled by the Holy Spirit. So if you see someone speak in tongues, this is evidence they are saved. You don't have to speak in tongues to be saved, it is just part of the evidence someone is a born again believer. I don't know if someone can fake tongues or not. You can't fake real tongues.

When you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, this is the Holy Spirit coming upon you. This is what needs continued refreshing and reminding.

Again, difference is in vs. upon

But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8

John the Baptist was talking to true believers here:

“John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:” Luke 3:16

And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. Acts 2:3

Joel 2:28

“It will come about after this
That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind;
And your sons and daughters will prophesy,
Your old men will dream dreams,
Your young men will see visions.

By laying on of hands even in O.T.

Deuteronomy 34:9

Now Joshua the son of Nun was filled with the spirit of wisdom, for Moses had laid his hands on him; and the sons of Israel listened to him and did as the Lord had commanded Moses.

1 Samuel 10:6

Then the Spirit of the Lord will come upon you mightily, and you shall prophesy with them and be changed into another man.

As opposed to "in" salvation

1 Corinthians 3:16

Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Ezekiel 36:26-27
Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

1 John 4:2-3
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/The-Holy-Spirit
So how do you apply His words to mean?

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

How do you not apply this warning to what you had shared to not have scripture go against scripture so you can know you are applying them rightly?

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

1 Timohy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

I thank you for sharing but I cannot see how you can align what you had posted with these scriptures here for why I believe we are not a leaky vessel to never seek another filling again since salvation, thus avoiding the rudiment in the world in how they seek spirits in receiving by a sign on a continual basis.

So how do you apply His words to mean?

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

How do you not apply this warning to what you had shared to not have scripture go against scripture so you can know you are applying them rightly?

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

1 Timohy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

I thank you for sharing but I cannot see how you can align what you had posted with these scriptures here for why I believe we are not a leaky vessel to never seek another filling again since salvation, thus avoiding the rudiment in the world in how they seek spirits in receiving by a sign on a continual basis.

I don't see what these have to do with Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Like I have tried to explain there is a difference between indwelling and on-dwelling. If you are not in the Word of God and in prayer, you are not going to have Holy Spirit on You. You cannot manifest the fruits of the Spirit effectively. There are many carnal Christians in the world that have Holy Spirit in them, but do not manifest Holy Spirit. You have to be refreshed in the Word. You can feel it when you are walking in the Spirit, correct?

And like the wine skins. This is talking about a new and better covenant. This has nothing to do with having a leaky or spirit filled vessel. Here is part of one commentary:

". It was not usual to take a piece of rough woolen cloth, which had never been prepared, to join to an old garment, for it would not join well with the soft, old garment, but would tear it further, and the rent would be made worse. Nor would men put new wine into old leathern bottles, which were going to decay, and would be liable to burst from the fermenting of the wine; but putting the new wine into strong, new, skin bottles, both would be preserved. Great caution and prudence are necessary, that young converts may not receive gloomy and forbidding ideas of the service of our Lord; but duties are to be urged as they are able to bear them."

Also what do you make of this passage in Matthew 25 of the ten wise and foolish virgins? We're these all saved believers? What was the oil for their lamps?

I don't see what these have to do with Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Like I have tried to explain there is a difference between indwelling and on-dwelling. If you are not in the Word of God and in prayer, you are not going to have Holy Spirit on You. You cannot manifest the fruits of the Spirit effectively. There are many carnal Christians in the world that have Holy Spirit in them, but do not manifest Holy Spirit. You have to be refreshed in the Word. You can feel it when you are walking in the Spirit, correct?
Not sure if you are referring to a supernatural phenomenon of feeling that spirit come over you for what you say is the "Holy Spirit" on you.

Since our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit per 2 Corinthians 6:19-20, or why we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit in us per Ephesians 4:30, then there is no need for the Holy Spirit "on" you when He is in you as Spirit-filled always as a testimony from Gd that He has saved you and that you are His no matter what.

But like any father, He will chasten those who build on that foundation wood, stubble, and hay that defiles he temple of God per 1 Corinthians 3:10-7 for why we are to look to Jesus to help us NOT to sow to the works of the flesh, but sow towards the fruits of the Spirit. It is because we are still in this corruptible flesh is why we are always Spirit-filled so we are accountable to what we show towards on that foundation.

That is what running that race daily is all about per Hebrews 12:1-2 as our focus need not be on receiving a filling of the Holy Spirit again or any supernatural phenomenon, but rather on Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to help us understand His words and for help in applying them in following Him to bear fruit for abiding in Him.
And like the wine skins. This is talking about a new and better covenant. This has nothing to do with having a leaky or spirit filled vessel. Here is part of one commentary:

". It was not usual to take a piece of rough woolen cloth, which had never been prepared, to join to an old garment, for it would not join well with the soft, old garment, but would tear it further, and the rent would be made worse. Nor would men put new wine into old leathern bottles, which were going to decay, and would be liable to burst from the fermenting of the wine; but putting the new wine into strong, new, skin bottles, both would be preserved. Great caution and prudence are necessary, that young converts may not receive gloomy and forbidding ideas of the service of our Lord; but duties are to be urged as they are able to bear them."

I see Matthew 9:17 as talking about the result of having been saved by Jesus Christ; as in we are a new creature whereby our seal of adoption is forever.
Also what do you make of this passage in Matthew 25 of the ten wise and foolish virgins? We're these all saved believers? What was the oil for their lamps?
Well, if you consider the foolish virgins were out to the market seeking to be filled with oil for why they were not ready, then the wise are the ones that are filled since salvation for why they are not seeking another filling in the market & ready to go.

Not sure if you are referring to a supernatural phenomenon of feeling that spirit come over you for what you say is the "Holy Spirit" on you.

Since our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit per 2 Corinthians 6:19-20, or why we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit in us per Ephesians 4:30, then there is no need for the Holy Spirit "on" you when He is in you as Spirit-filled always as a testimony from Gd that He has saved you and that you are His no matter what.

But like any father, He will chasten those who build on that foundation wood, stubble, and hay that defiles he temple of God per 1 Corinthians 3:10-7 for why we are to look to Jesus to help us NOT to sow to the works of the flesh, but sow towards the fruits of the Spirit. It is because we are still in this corruptible flesh is why we are always Spirit-filled so we are accountable to what we show towards on that foundation.

That is what running that race daily is all about per Hebrews 12:1-2 as our focus need not be on receiving a filling of the Holy Spirit again or any supernatural phenomenon, but rather on Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to help us understand His words and for help in applying them in following Him to bear fruit for abiding in Him.

I see Matthew 9:17 as talking about the result of having been saved by Jesus Christ; as in we are a new creature whereby our seal of adoption is forever.

Well, if you consider the foolish virgins were out to the market seeking to be filled with oil for why they were not ready, then the wise are the ones that are filled since salvation for why they are not seeking another filling in the market & ready to go.

The passage says they took more oil for their lamps while the foolish virgins did not.

Seems like we need to keep our fire burning.

And the disciples were saved with Holy Spirit in them then had Holy Spirit on them where they spoke in tongues. Did you notice that from the passages?

Tongues are a gift. Do you have gifts of the Spirit? These gifts manifest most when Holy Spirit is upon you.

Meaning?

Take a day that has high winds, sleet and destruction, and have a day that has sunshine and weather that promotes growth?

eddif
It was a lightning event where I live and I like to unplug from the AC and here is why .
https://christianforums.net/threads/gods-divine-protection.87209/

Thing are ok today , except my dad needs a prayer .

And once you have Baptism of the Holy Spirit, it isn't like you lose tongues. It is more of a refreshing. Whether you believe in Baptism of the Holy Spirit or not, you still need to be staying in the Word and prayer or you drift. It can make you seem "leaky". Your flame can go out and you can look like the rest of the world. But when you are in the word and walking in the Spirit, you can feel "your cup overflowing" as in Psalm 23. That anointing oil upon you is for a saved believer.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back