Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Always Spirit-Filled Or A Leaky Vessel?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Try as you might , you wont be persauding me into this universal salvation stuff .
TRY not to forget that JESUS also said
the KINGDOM of heaven is liken unto a man that cast a net into the sea
and caught many fish . But not all the fish were saved . THe bad ones were chunked
Lets not try and push universal salvation . LEST Ye be found guilty on the day of
the LORD for allowing folks to believe they could deny JESUS and still be saved .
Cause i dont want you in those shoes . Lets wear the shoes the true ones wore .
Get a bit more serious about the gosple .
TRY knowing and understanding the terror of GOD that shall befall those who rejected Christ . KNOWING THEREFORE the TERROR o GOD , lets persaude me
REPENT and BELEIVE or PERISH .
I do not believe you are hearing what I am saying.

Unbelievers are not saved. No point telling them to depart from sin in coming to Jesus, until I tell them the Good News that Jesus can save them from their sins and give them eternal life by believing in Him.

I can tell them the hope they have in Him as their Good Shepherd after they have been saved in trusting Him to help them lay aside every eight & sin daily so they can run that race as saved believers, resting in Him as their Savior & Friend for they are saved..

I missed this post as it was not in reply to me or had an @ to my nickname. Sorry.

Jesus had told His disciples that the promise of the Holy Spirit would be sent when He was no longer present with them for He has gone to the Father.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So what He had told His disciples in Luke..

49And behold, I am sending the promise of My Father upon you. But remain in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

That was their salvation moment as being born again of the Spirit.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

What believers in these latter days are doing is trying to fit that extra supernatural phenomenon they have experienced after salvation into the scripture, because they want to believe it was of God, and they do so by ignoring the warning about preaching another Jesus or another spirit or another gospel; 2 Corinthians 11:1-4

But what you missed was right before Pentecost in another Gospel account, Jesus said this:

John 20:20-23

20After He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side.

The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord.

21Again Jesus said to them, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so also I am sending you.” 22When He had said this, He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld.”

After this, then happened Pentecost. So what do you think about this? Why would the disciples receive Holy Spirit two different ways?

I believe we are not going to agree here, but I know Holy Spirit lives in me and I will continually choose to clothe myself with Holy Spirit.

Golgotha Titus

If you want I can start another topic on the wise and foolish virgins/that chapter of parables. I'd like to understand it a bit more, but brought it up because of the oil more then likely symbolizing Holy Spirit. It reads as if it is going into a broader topic maybe? I've thought the wise and foolish virgins to be groups of believers also. The weeping and gnashing of teeth is confusing. I know Hidden In Him has explained something about this before.

the oil more then likely symbolizing Holy Spirit.

Yes it does. :)
I've thought the wise and foolish virgins to be groups of believers also.

Yes, they are.
The weeping and gnashing of teeth is confusing.

It's a reference to those who initially belonging to God not being wise in how they prepared themselves as the end-times before Christ's return drew spiritually darker, and how they eventually ended up being locked out of the kingdom of God at His return, instead ending up in outer darkness, which is an extension of Hell.

I can try and find my full teaching on this. Gimme a second...

Hope you are having a blessed evening, and thanks for the tag. They actually work at this forum, LoL.

Yes it does. :)

Yes, they are.

It's a reference to those who initially belonging to God not being wise in how they prepared themselves as the end-times before Christ's return drew spiritually darker, and how they eventually ended up being locked out of the kingdom of God at His return, instead ending up in outer darkness, which is an extension of Hell.

I can try and find my full teaching on this. Gimme a second...

Hope you are having a blessed evening, and thanks for the tag. They actually work at this forum, LoL.

Could you post your teaching in another thread and tag us? I'm not sure if I understand all of the elements, but it keeps coming up. I brought this up here, because it is a discussion on Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Golgotha doesn't believe in tongues as a prayer language or that we need Holy Spirit more then once. I was trying to show him there is an indwelling and Holy Spirit "on".

I thought this passage tied into this, but hasn't been the best connection. The passage has always interested me though.

Yes it does : )

Here you go. Let me know if you have any questions. I love discussing the Parables. Very similar to interpreting dreams and visions, in that both use a great deal of symbolism that needs to be examined and interpreted acutely, with an eye for detail.

Yes it does : )

Here you go. Let me know if you have any questions. I love discussing the Parables. Very similar to interpreting dreams and visions, in that both use a great deal of symbolism that needs to be examined and interpreted acutely, with an eye for detail.

That was a nice teaching, but the quick point is "Always Be prepared".

That was a nice teaching, but the quick point is "Always Be prepared".

Well yes and no, Hopeful. And hello again, btw.

It is important to keep in mind the specific setting. It refers to the time just before His return, as typified by the bride/ Bridegroom wedding ceremony, which the Lord designed to have prophetic significance. We are also told elsewhere to "watch and pray," referring to watching for signs of the times that would signal His return, and many of those signs IMO are not here yet, which is why I generally tell people that they need to be prepared to live out a full life.

For me, the primary focus of the teaching, at least its primary application to us now, is to walk in the gifts of the Spirit, especially if we would attempt to lead the church. We are already heading into the early stages of the end-times now, and just as He promised, His children are increasingly beginning to receive visions and dreams, and walk in prophecy (Joel 2:28-31).

The full outpouring has nowhere near arrived yet, however. I believe we are still in the very early stages, with several decades yet to go before the return is truly drawing near.

Well yes and no, Hopeful. And hello again, btw.
You have been gone awhile haven't you?
It is important to keep in mind the specific setting. It refers to the time just before His return, as typified by the bride/ Bridegroom wedding ceremony, which the Lord designed to have prophetic significance. We are also told elsewhere to "watch and pray," referring to watching for signs of the times that would signal His return, and many of those signs IMO are not here yet, which is why I generally tell people that they need to be prepared to live out a full life.
Us in the NT may see these things in that light, but the Jews to whom He was preaching were in a different realm...awaiting a Messiah.
Clearly though, it can be seen through either lens.
For me, the primary focus of the teaching, at least its primary application to us now, is to walk in the gifts of the Spirit, especially if we would attempt to lead the church. We are already heading into the early stages of the end-times now, and just as He promised, His children are increasingly beginning to receive visions and dreams, and walk in prophecy (Joel 2:28-31).
The full outpouring has nowhere near arrived yet, however. I believe we are still in the very early stages, with several decades yet to go before the return is truly drawing near.
I won't comment on that, as my focus is on the day to day without regard for what "might be" in the future.
Be prepared for the return of the Lord, like it may be tonight !

The tongue I am speaking against is gained by an apostate calling of preaching another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues. This is why it is not coming with interpretation because it is not a foreign language but gibberish nonsense as found in pagan's supernatural tongues in the world before Pentecost.
John7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Notice in the last verse we have " Spirit " and then we have "Holy Ghost " that makes two . #1 Born again and later filled with the #2 Holy Ghost .
So I am against any teaching that tongues can be for private use because it is not of Him at all and if you pay attention, those who defend tongues, usually refer to an extra phenomenon apart from their salvation for how they got that tongue.
Are you not counted among those who defend tongues ? Think about it .

You have been gone awhile haven't you?

Yeah, maybe too long. I like it here. I just get caught up in other things. I'm a member at other forums as well.
Us in the NT may see these things in that light, but the Jews to whom He was preaching were in a different realm...awaiting a Messiah.
Clearly though, it can be seen through either lens.
The tricky thing with Matthew 24 and 25 is that it is one long continuous teaching, starting from the beginning of 24 and lasting through the end of 25. It was given specifically to the disciples (Matthew 24:3). So while I'm sure the Jews in general might have interpreted in different ways, Jesus was revealing to the disciples in particular what would be expected of them, and what He would hold them accountable for until His return.
I won't comment on that, as my focus is on the day to day without regard for what "might be" in the future.
Be prepared for the return of the Lord, like it may be tonight !

I gave your post a like for this right here, and the reason is because we don't always know when our day to meet the Lord might be in thirty years or tomorrow. Our lives are not in our hands but His, so I basically agree with the sentient that we should always be ready to meet Him. Being always ready for His return is just a slightly different matter is all.

But what you missed was right before Pentecost in another Gospel account, Jesus said this:

John 20:20-23

20After He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side.

The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord.

21Again Jesus said to them, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so also I am sending you.” 22When He had said this, He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld.”

After this, then happened Pentecost. So what do you think about this? Why would the disciples receive Holy Spirit two different ways?
That was why I had shared those verses John 14:1-3 & John 14:16-17 & John 14:25-26 in that chapter as Jesus was telling His disciples that the promise of the forever indwelling holy Ghost will be sent by the Father after His ascension to the Father in heaven.

Jesus gave another earlier "temporary" infilling in Matthew 10:1-20 when Judas Iscariot was a recipient even though he was not a believer & a traitor; John 6:61-71
I believe we are not going to agree here, but I know Holy Spirit lives in me and I will continually choose to clothe myself with Holy Spirit.
Scripture for that continually clothing with the Holy Ghost?

I read this;

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

That is why the promise is sent by faith in Jesus Christ from the Father in Heaven rather than by sight of Jesus Christ by Jesus Himself on earth so that His disciples all speak the same thing in how we all received the promise of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:9-10

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Golgotha Titus

If you want I can start another topic on the wise and foolish virgins/that chapter of parables. I'd like to understand it a bit more, but brought it up because of the oil more then likely symbolizing Holy Spirit. It reads as if it is going into a broader topic maybe? I've thought the wise and foolish virgins to be groups of believers also. The weeping and gnashing of teeth is confusing. I know Hidden In Him has explained something about this before.
Be good. Be sure to put an @ next to our member's name so we can know when the thread has been made.

Thank you.

For me, the primary focus of the teaching, at least its primary application to us now, is to walk in the gifts of the Spirit, especially if we would attempt to lead the church.
Yet we are to abide in Jesus Christ by walking in the fruits of the Spirit rather than by the works of the flesh. When a leader does that, and that means avoiding heresy, then the gift of prophesy is unhindered for our edification in His words from our leaders.

Golgotha so what are your thoughts on "outpouring of the Holy Spirit" in regards to your question here?
Only happens at our born again of the Spirit moment at our salvation.

Jesus explained that to Nicodemus on how and when one is born again and that is after His ascension which is after His crucifixion for when anyone that believes in Him shall be born again and thus have eternal life. John 3:7-16

So His disciples were not saved yet until Pentecost had come, when Jesus was no longer with them and had ascended to God the Father.

Yet we are to abide in Jesus Christ by walking in the fruits of the Spirit rather than by the works of the flesh. When a leader does that, and that means avoiding heresy, then the gift of prophesy is unhindered for our edification in His words from our leaders.

Good morning, Golgotha.

Not sure I'm following you. I do agree we are to walk in the fruit of the Spirit rather than the works of the flesh, but operating in the gifts of the Spirit is a different matter, yes? Someone walking in the fruit of the Spirit does not guarantee that they will operate in the gift of prophecy, unless one is redefining prophecy as merely teaching the word of God, but I don't subscribe to that redefinition.

Please forgive me here as I have not had time to read through this thread. Maybe I can find the time today (though I may not be able to), but catch me up on what your main contentions are that caused Sister to tag me for this thread. She mentioned something about you don't believe tongues is a prayer language and that there is no re-filling, is that correct? Out of curiosity, do you speak in tongues yourself?

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back