Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Am I saved; or am I fooling myself?

cybershark5886 said:
Show me your faith without works and I will show you my faith by my works (sanctification).
Cyber, I agree with your statement above. To me, faith and works are inseparable. You can't have one without the other. If you read my previous posts on the thread you will see that I espouse that faith mixed with the fruits of this faith is what leads to the providence of the Salvation provided by the Messiah. The post you have responded to is me trying to wrap my thoughts around the contradictions that a traditionalist creates himself.

This parable settles it all for me:
Matthew 22:1–14
Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come. Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.' But they paid no attention and went offâ€â€one to his field, another to his business. The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests. But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 'Friend,' he asked, 'how did you get in here without wedding clothes?' The man was speechless. Then the king told the attendants, 'Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.' For many are invited, but few are chosen.
Just because you are called and could enter into the wedding hall doesn't mean you can just show up without the "wedding clothes". And I believe that the wedding clothes refer to a righteousness of a man. Righteousness doesn't come by hearing the word but by doing the word. Faith got you in the wedding banquet, works of faith dress you in the wedding clothes, so you wont be kicked out.

Revelation 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

jgredline said:
5) Jesus broke the Sabbath Law over and over and over again......
7) Jesus broke the Sabbath Law over and over and over again.....
Before I misconstrue these points, can you clarify if you are saying that Yeshua broke the 4th commandment as God ordained it? The reason why I ask is because, wouldn't that mean that His sacrifice wasn't without blemish? How could He have fulfilled the law by breaking it?

TanNinety said:
Before I misconstrue these points, can you clarify if you are saying that Yeshua broke the 4th commandment as God ordained it? The reason why I ask is because, wouldn't that mean that His sacrifice wasn't without blemish? How could He have fulfilled the law by breaking it?

Tan
I will be happy to explain this. First let me start by addressing some of your earlier questions. Again if there are any Red Flags, please alert me to them.
If things don't make sense, let me know. I tried to leave as much of my own opinion out of it and used the scriptures. I have way more to say, but this will get me going..

God's free gift, comes to us through faith
Eph. 2:8-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them

These three verses present as clear a statement of the simple plan of salvation as we can find in the Bible. I should have started my OP with these verses as they are loaded.
It all starts with the radical grace of God…..
God takes the initiative in providing Salvation to those who are utterly unworthy of it, on the basis of the Person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The way we receive the gift of eternal life is through faith. Faith means that man takes his place as a lost, guilty sinner, and receives the Lord Jesus as his only hope of salvation.
Any idea that man can earn or deserve salvation is forever exploded by the words, and that not of yourselves. Dead people can do nothing, and sinners deserve nothing but punishment.
It is the gift of God. A gift is a free and unconditional present. That is the only basis on which God offers salvation. The gift of God is salvation by grace and through faith. It is offered to all people everywhere.

It is not of works, that is, it is not something a person can earn through supposedly meritorious deeds. It cannot be earned, for instance, by:
Confirmation ,Baptism , Church membership, Church attendance
Holy Communion, Trying to keep the Ten Commandments
Living by the Sermon on the Mount , Giving to charity
Being a good neighbor , Living a moral, respectable life
Helping old ladies cross the street

Folks, people are not saved by works. And they are not saved by faith plus works. They are saved through faith alone. The minute you add works of any kind or in any amount as a means of gaining eternal life, salvation is no longer by grace

Rom. 11:6 Tells us ‘’ 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work’’

One reason that works are positively excluded is to prevent human boasting. If anyone could be saved by his works, then he would have reason to boast before God. This is impossible

Rom. 3:27 tells us ‘’ 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.

If anyone could be saved by his own good works, then the death of Christ was unnecessary

Gal. 2:21 Tells us ‘’ 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."

Folks the reason Jesus died was because there was no other way by which guilty sinners could be saved.
If anyone could be saved by his own good works, then he would be his own savior, and could worship himself. But this would be idolatry, and God forbids it

Ex. 20:3 tells us ‘’ 3 "You shall have no other gods before Me.’’.

Even if someone could be saved through faith in Christ plus his own good works, you would have the impossible situation of two saviorsâ€â€Jesus and the sinner. Christ would then have to share the glory of saviorhood with another, and this He will not do

Isa. 42:8 tells us ‘’ 8 I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images.
Finally, if anyone could contribute to his salvation by works, then God would owe it to him. This, too, is impossible. God cannot be indebted to anyone.
Rom. 11:35 tells us ‘’ 35 "Or who has first given to Him And it shall be repaid to him?"

In contrast to works, faith excludes boasting

Rom. 3:27 tells us ‘’ 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.’’

A man has no reason to be proud that he has trusted the Lord. Faith in Him is the most sane, rational, sensible thing a person can do. To trust one’s Creator and Redeemer is only logical and reasonable. If we cannot trust Him, whom can we trust?

Folks, the result of salvation is that we are His workmanshipâ€â€the handiwork of God, not of ourselves. A born-again believer is a masterpiece of God. When we think of the raw materials He has to work with, His achievement is all the more remarkable. Indeed, this masterpiece is nothing less than a new creation through union with Christ, for “if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become newâ€Â

2 Cor. 5:17 tells us 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

And the object of this new creation is found in the phrase, for good works. While it is true that we are not saved by good works, it is equally true that we are saved for good works. Good works are not the root but the fruit. We do not work in order to be saved, but because we are saved.

Tan this is the aspect of the truth that is emphasized in James 2:14–26. When James says that “faith without works is dead,†he does not mean we are saved by faith plus works, but by the kind of faith that results in a life of good works. Works prove the reality of our faith. Paul heartily agrees: we are His workmanship, created in Chr Jesus for good works.

God’s order then is this:
Faithâ€â€Salvationâ€â€Good Worksâ€â€Reward
Faith leads to salvation. Salvation results in good works. Good works will be rewarded by Him.

I sometimes wonder if all Christians at one time or another has the thought "Am I really saved?" Then I remember what Jesus said "What is impossible for man is possible for God" this was His reply when someone asked him "who, then, can be saved".

This topic reminds me of both of these verses...

Matthew 7:21-23
Romans 11:5-36

Salvation is by grace through faith, and I believe that faith consists of works. How can we obtain the things hoped for, and unseen, if we are not in obedience to God? For example, Noah believed God, and did all that God commanded Him. Genesis 6:22 "22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he. " God offered Noah mercy, and Noah had faith...an imputed righteousness...but he had to be obedient to God to build the Ark, and to actually prepare for the journey, and to walk in to it for the salvation of himself, and that of his his family. He believed God's words, and it sparked him to action...this is faith through grace. In order to walk as a believer, it must be by faith. What is faith? The substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen. If this is true, if this is the expression of our root, then should it not cause us to be an outworking of obedience to God, especially in the two commandments of love from which all the others hang? Faith consists of repentance, obedience, humility, holy fear, etc. actions from our resulting belief that motivate us, or spurn us, on to good works, and prepare in us soil that will produce fruit unto the saving of the soul, and not living as those who apostasies.

Had Adam believed God, he would not have been guilty of the act that led to the fall...this was an act of unbelief, and faithlessness. See, the opposite is also true, unbelief consists of lawlessness.

God's covenant is merciful, and full of grace, but He will not honor it without faith...and faith is belief that moves us to act on what God says. I have taught my children a little song that goes..."Obedience is the very best way to show what you believe..." If God writes His law on my heart, and gives it to me in written form, and gives it to me by the teachings of His Holy Spirit, and in the teachings of my brothers and sisters...and I believe, then within that belief I will be active...that is why James can write that we are justified by our works, because He knows the root of this faith/works is God's grace...the ultimate source of mercy, and justification through the blood of the Lamb.

Why did God light my fire, if not to burn, shine, and spread? I believe we should walk before God in fear and trembling...knowing that we have been given mercy, and that we should always be striving to be worthy of it. I am not saying we will ever grasp worthiness (the Lamb alone is worthy), but rather giving God our best in praise unto Him, and not neglecting so great a salvation, because it was such a loving act of grace and mercy towards us as sinners. But, when we fail, as we do so often, God's grace is sufficient...abundant!

I believe two errors are promoted surrounding this topic...

First, that we are saved by grace, and under no obligation to live as God commands. The idea that we do not have to be obedient, but just say we believe, is false. Jesus tells us that the difference between the sheep and goats is what they did, and did not, do. Matthew 25:31-45 In John 14:15 Jesus tells us if we love Him, we obey Him. We are told to walk in fear and trembling, and herein lies our confidence...because this is the knowing of the Holy One we serve, and the knowing of how He has the right to destroy us, but in love has covenanted with us through grace. This is the very One our love is perfected in.

Consider 1 John 2 1-6

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Secondly, that we are able to be justified by our works alone, and that man has some redeeming quality in him. Only the Lamb is worthy, and it is by the love of the Father that the Son was even sent to become our sacrifice. Man can not assume anything in him was ever worth saving. The Law revealed our sin, but it is not our justification...if so, then Christ is not needed. This was what the Jews needed to be reminded of when God, through grace, gave His Spirit to the Gentiles who did not have the law. The Law, however, that is written on our hearts is through this circumcision of the heart, this covenant with God through the shed blood of Jesus...and it is of a higher standard than that of the Jews...this is the law established in the believer by grace through faith. Good works in Christ are free to be performed in this climate.

Romans 3:20-31
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Anyway, I believe this is what Scripture teaches on the subject when viewed as a whole, and I am still not sure why we have two camps. I think that the above, though not flawless, is what Scripture teaches on the matter...as least as I understand it at this time. I think James sums it up nicely...

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

For God's purposes here on earth, the two do not function separately, even for the purpose of justification through grace.

The Lord bless all of you.

TanNinety said:
The unrepentant presumptuous sin. Think one can disgrace the grace of God by not loving and keeping His commandments and eat the fruit of tree of life? Think again.
Think one can out sin the grace of God? Think again.

20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 5:20-21

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:1-23

hi gals and guys... I haven't posted much.. but always reading...

saved by faith or works?... to me this is very simple... "faith" and faith only.. salvation is a free gift from God thur Jesus the Christ.. not by works.. after all what about the two thieves on the crosses... one went to be with Jesus that day in paradise.. Jesus's own words.. the thief surely did not have time to do any good works.. but yet he was promised eternal life just by his faith... when you have faith in Jesus you naturaly want to do good works. to further the kingdom.. to bring the lost.. family and friends to the love of Christ....all our works are like filthy rages... but good works in Christ you store up rewards in heaven that the thieves can not break in and steal.

just my 2 cent worth....

God Bless....

jgredline said:
Solo
where have you been?
Dad was operated on today. All seems to be well but these next 12 or so hours are critical. He is stable after getting a triple bypass this am. Keep him in your prayers.
Thanks.

:angel: saved by faith or works? well I think you can be saved by faith but we as christians always wants to bring non-belivers to Christ and the only way to do that is my work. most people will say that you see their true color by their actions. If you are saved you don't want to hide it, you want to show it. so when the bible saids that things about works it just wants you go out and get non-belivers to Christ and don't just sit on your butt. You are saved but God just wants you bring more children to him. :angel:

We are saved by the grace of God through faith from Him. However, we are seen as Christians in the eyes of unbelievers by our works. If the works are not there, how will they believe we have been changed? Our works don't save us, but they show to others that we ARE saved. If others don't see something different in us, why would they want what God has to offer?

freeway01 wrote: saved by faith or works?... to me this is very simple... "faith" and faith only.. salvation is a free gift from God thur Jesus the Christ.. not by works.. after all what about the two thieves on the crosses... one went to be with Jesus that day in paradise.. Jesus's own words.. the thief surely did not have time to do any good works.. but yet he was promised eternal life just by his faith... when you have faith in Jesus you naturaly want to do good works. to further the kingdom.. to bring the lost.. family and friends to the love of Christ....all our works are like filthy rages... but good works in Christ you store up rewards in heaven that the thieves can not break in and steal.
just my 2 cent worth....

I'm not buying it, not even for your discount price. Faith without works is dead and can't save anyone. The thief may not have done any good works but after his repentance and confession, how many commandments did he break? How many times did he disobey the Lord? Let me refer you back to my post on the previous page you must have skipped in your reading:

Did he perform any good works? Well, what would Jesus ask him to do? What could a man do with his hands and feet nailed to a cross? He could confess his sin and forgive those who crucified him. He could witness to those around him that this man was the Son of God and warn others to fear God and that there was a coming kingdom that Jesus would be reining over. Read the short account and see if you can identify any of these acts from the things that he said. If you can’t, I don’t think you would be able to understand much else...
:fadein:

unred typo said:
freeway01 wrote: saved by faith or works?... to me this is very simple... "faith" and faith only.. salvation is a free gift from God thur Jesus the Christ.. not by works.. after all what about the two thieves on the crosses... one went to be with Jesus that day in paradise.. Jesus's own words.. the thief surely did not have time to do any good works.. but yet he was promised eternal life just by his faith... when you have faith in Jesus you naturaly want to do good works. to further the kingdom.. to bring the lost.. family and friends to the love of Christ....all our works are like filthy rages... but good works in Christ you store up rewards in heaven that the thieves can not break in and steal.
just my 2 cent worth....

I'm not buying it, not even for your discount price. Faith without works is dead and can't save anyone. The thief may not have done any good works but after his repentance and confession, how many commandments did he break? How many times did he disobey the Lord? Let me refer you back to my post on the previous page you must have skipped in your reading:

Did he perform any good works? Well, what would Jesus ask him to do? What could a man do with his hands and feet nailed to a cross? He could confess his sin and forgive those who crucified him. He could witness to those around him that this man was the Son of God and warn others to fear God and that there was a coming kingdom that Jesus would be reining over. Read the short account and see if you can identify any of these acts from the things that he said. If you can’t, I don’t think you would be able to understand much else...
:fadein:

UnRead
Did you read my post ?
If so, I would appreciate you finding fault with it using scriptures in context..
Thanks

freeway01 said:
hi gals and guys... I haven't posted much.. but always reading...

saved by faith or works?... to me this is very simple... "faith" and faith only.. salvation is a free gift from God thur Jesus the Christ.. not by works.. after all what about the two thieves on the crosses... one went to be with Jesus that day in paradise.. Jesus's own words.. the thief surely did not have time to do any good works.. but yet he was promised eternal life just by his faith... when you have faith in Jesus you naturaly want to do good works. to further the kingdom.. to bring the lost.. family and friends to the love of Christ....all our works are like filthy rages... but good works in Christ you store up rewards in heaven that the thieves can not break in and steal.

just my 2 cent worth....

God Bless....

Freeway
Unread Typo is right, Its not worth your 2 cents worth...''Because what you said is priceless'' You can't place a price on Salvation !!!!
It is a ''free gift'', If there was ''anything'' we could do to earn it or keep it, then it would be works''

Anybody who believes that works are a requirement or a part of being saved, is fooling him or herself into thinking they are saved....

Freeway, Great post and you are most welcome to join in.

Jon-Mark wrote: We are saved by the grace of God through faith from Him. However, we are seen as Christians in the eyes of unbelievers by our works. If the works are not there, how will they believe we have been changed? Our works don't save us, but they show to others that we ARE saved. If others don't see something different in us, why would they want what God has to offer?

Saved? As in being saved by our continuance in his way of salvation? Or saved with no chance of losing that salvation? The former is Biblical but the latter is a farce.

By the grace of God is pretty obvious since the fact that any of us are alive to breathe his air or were born at all is by the grace of God. The plan of salvation was his design and certainly by his grace. If he allows us to do any deeds at all is still by his grace since we would have no ability to do any deeds, good or bad, except by his his grace. What we do with the ability he gave to each of us is our responsibility.

Faith from him? How do we get faith from him? If you mean that God opens up your heart and pours in some faith, I think you're way off base. If you mean the same way that we instill faith in our children, our boss, and our friends, by being reliable and worthy of their trust, I agree.

If we have no works is immaterial to our witness of what Christ has to offer. God is still faithful to forgive those who come to him in faith, asking to have their sins forgiven. If they confess their sin as sin, and repent of it sincerely, not wanting to do it any longer, he only requires that all those forgiven forgive others as they have been forgiven by him.

jgredline wrote: It is a ''free gift'', If there was ''anything'' we could do to earn it or keep it, then it would be works''

The blood of Christ is the free gift, jg. When we repent and confess our sins, the blood is available to all without price and without cost since Jesus paid it all. All sin and any sin can be forgiven but if we continue in that sin, there remains no sacrifice for it. We must truly repent and then the blood is sufficient to take it away. Are you preaching that repentance is not required?
:o

unred typo said:
jgredline wrote: It is a ''free gift'', If there was ''anything'' we could do to earn it or keep it, then it would be works''

Are you preaching that repentance is not required?

Unread
We are saved by Grace through ''Faith'' In Jesus Christ alone''
A part of having the faith in Jesus is to repent of your sins and confess your sins before God.

nOW HAVE YOU READ my post ?

It is true that we are saved by faith alone, but if you have that faith, won't you want to do things. They say "by your fruits, you will know someone". If someone calls himself a Christian and then goes out and lusts after women, gets rich on the backs of the poor, kicks widows in the street or whatever, would that be a good example of being a Christian? I think what James meant is that if we say we are Christians (followers of Jesus) then you should act like it. We are not saved by those works, but we do them because we are saved. :-D

jgredline wrote:UnRead
Did you read my post ?
If so, I would appreciate you finding fault with it using scriptures in context.

I guess I missed it since it was addressed to Tan and was basically what you have been saying all along:
jgredline wrote: ThanksTan this is the aspect of the truth that is emphasized in James 2:14–26. When James says that “faith without works is dead,†he does not mean we are saved by faith plus works, but by the kind of faith that results in a life of good works. Works prove the reality of our faith. Paul heartily agrees: we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works.God’s order then is this:
Faithâ€â€Salvationâ€â€Good Worksâ€â€Reward
Faith leads to salvation. Salvation results in good works. Good works will be rewarded by Him.

Actually, Paul and James do agree but not with you. Works are not just a proof that we are saved. Faith without works is no salvation at all. When God told Abraham to leave Ur, Abraham didn't just have faith that God would move him when God was ready. He got his stuff together and left, not knowing whereGod would lead him.That is the faith that works, 'saving faith,' and not 'dead faith.'
James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Faith without works is dead if one does not put into action what one believes. So, if I want to be saved, I must have faith with coresponding actions of confessing with thy mouth that Jesus is Lord and Savior. This verse is talking about faith and how it is suppose to operate in a Christian's life. We have to have faith to please God, Right? If we don't, then we have dead faith. It won't work. We need to have faith to receive all the blessings of God. If we don't, then our faith has no works, and is dead.

May God bless, golfjack

Back